Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,793 members, 7,824,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) (17916 Views)

Tinubu Appoints Musa Aliyu As ICPC Chairman / Tinubu Considers Abdu Aboki As ICPC Chairman - Premium Times / Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) by perdollar(m): 9:57am On Jun 03, 2018
yahooba Muslim DON die
Re: Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) by Vastjoy(m): 10:03am On Jun 03, 2018
May Almighty Allah forgive all his sins, prevent him from the torment of the grave & grant him Aljana Firdaus- Ameen
Re: Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) by gidjah(m): 10:10am On Jun 03, 2018
Throwback:
His tenure as the pioneer chairman was very lacklustre and has set the tone for how the ICPC remains so passive in its duties like a nonexistent establishment of law, as opposed to the ever active EFCC whose active tone was set by the young policeman Nuhu Ribadu.

Probably a reflection of his vocation as a Nigerian judge, who are known not to have any appreciation of time in their handling of cases for the benefit of the prosecution or the accused, and only glory in the narcissism of their own elevated status.

May he rest on passively.
you are pretty correct,one of those who messed up our judiciary system,his handling of the ICPC then was poor and denigrating ,na dem dem,properties of uncle OBJ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) by Bsmartt(m): 10:10am On Jun 03, 2018
A well respected elder state man. I pray Allah grant him aljanat firidaous. Aamin.
Re: Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) by bisiriyubabs(m): 10:25am On Jun 03, 2018
May Allah forgive him and grant him Al-Jannah Firdaus. Aamiin

1 Like

Re: Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) by akinadesun: 10:25am On Jun 03, 2018
gidjah:
you are pretty correct,one of those who messed up our judiciary system,his handling of the ICPC then was poor and denigrating ,na dem dem,properties of uncle OBJ

You guys, please don't forget that a public officer is not allowed to act outside the law that establishes it. That is issue about ICPC. The law that set up ICPC gives it a very limited scope to work within. To be candid, ICPC is a just duplication of EFCC, hence there was no need for Obj to have set up the ICPC.

What has been record of ICPC from when it was set up till date?

May the gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) by AreaFada2: 10:27am On Jun 03, 2018
Pearlyakin:
Rest in peace, I wonder why ICPC is so irrelevant nowadays, I think EFCC should go against politicians while icpc should go against corrupt individuals like the Gee guys and all those corrupt firm and companies.

ICPC was always very dull doing its job. A former ICPC staff told me that he spent more time collecting money from suspected corrupt entities in advance of & subsequent to "raids/visits" than doing any meaningful job. Money for ICPC oga dem of course. I was shocked. This was about 13 years ago already. It should be scrapped. Duplication of the function of the better known and slightly better EFFC.

RIP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) by angelacj: 11:01am On Jun 03, 2018
Rip sir

Mr Akanbi died Sunday morning in Ilorin, Kwara State.

A source told PREMIUM TIMES that the former chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC) died around 1 a.m.

His son, Kabir Akanbi, also confirmed the death to The Nation newspaper.

He will be buried later on Sunday according to Islamic rites.

Born in September 1932, Mr Akanbi was called to the English Bar in 1963. He was subsequently called to the Nigerian Bar in January 1964 and joined the Ministry of Justice where he became a Senior State Counsel in 1968.

He was until his death on Sunday an elder statesman and respected opinion moulder.

He was aged 85.

Details later…

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/[/quote]
Re: Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) by Antoeni(m): 11:24am On Jun 03, 2018
A very upright and incorruptible Justice,RIP
Re: Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) by Pearlyakin(m): 11:53am On Jun 03, 2018
AreaFada2:

ICPC was always very dull doing its job. A former ICPC staff told me that he spent more time collecting money from suspected corrupt entities in advance of & subsequent to "raids/visits" than doing any meaningful job. Money for ICPC oga dem of course. I was shocked. This was about 13 years ago already. It should be scrapped. Duplication of the function of the better known and slightly better EFFC.

RIP.
Our country is in deep poo, when an anti-corruption body is corrupt their will be massive corruption, but i really don't think they should be scrapped, take for instance FBI and CIA are working actively together in the US.

1 Like

Re: Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) by Bimpe29: 12:44pm On Jun 03, 2018
Allahumo Ighifirillahu War'amhu. The most incorruptible Judge ever lived in Nigeria judicial system.
Re: Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) by bedspread: 12:48pm On Jun 03, 2018
haryorbarmie83:
Rest in peace...
Thats if He Surrendered to JESUS.. if no, Na Rest in Tears
Re: Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) by bedspread: 12:52pm On Jun 03, 2018
bisiriyubabs:
May Allah forgive him and grant him Al-Jannah Firdaus. Aamiin
No Forgiveness after Death Sir.... its we who are Alive now that can be Forgiven... The Moment we Drop dead, Forgiveness is over
Re: Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) by ybalogs(m): 12:58pm On Jun 03, 2018
Enire lo. May Allah forgive his shortcomings and grant him Aljanat Firdaus.
Re: Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) by Bridget95(f): 1:25pm On Jun 03, 2018
He was a nice man
Re: Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) by AreaFada2: 1:40pm On Jun 03, 2018
Pearlyakin:

Our country is in deep poo, when an anti-corruption body is corrupt their will be massive corruption, but i really don't think they should be scrapped, take for instance FBI and CIA are working actively together in the US.

Both are different. FBI is like basically federal police that prevents, investigates & solve crimes that break federal laws of USA.
CIA is basically like DSS. More concerned about national security threats especially from abroad. A country with so much international reach & threats therefrom needs it.

In Nigeria we have no state police (We only have zonal commands & state police branches from zonal commands all controlled from Louise Edet House in Abuja) so all of police is already federal.

So no point in having double corruption agencies that are themselves corrupt. We just do not have the resources for such expensive duplication.

DSS, NPF, EFCC, ICPC, the list is endless.

1 Like

Re: Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) by TundeYusuf001(m): 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
If he was just while in appeal court then rest in peace if not... lipsrsealed don't let me say what is in my mind

It's too early
Maybe his soul rest in peace but why are you behaving like someone who can't think
Re: Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) by deeman001: 4:42pm On Jun 03, 2018
i'm not a web market but i strongly felt i need to share this with people out here, to also benefit from this ofer while it last. I sincerely do not know how long this offer is gonna last but i will urge you to make good use of the opportunity now. i understand alot of people will doubt me, have heard of alot of make money online web that turns out to be a joke or lies, but i tell you what, this just proved itsef worthy. i can send a picture to confirm how real this is. the picture will justify how real this is. here is the web - http://ewomoney.site/2501302958665/

An more importantly, your earning depends on how much you can type. registration is free. i mean totally FREE .. i know some people will still doubt me and criticize me but i wont be surprise though. i just pray someone gets lucky now and get involve, enjoy it while it last . thanks
Re: Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) by edgecution(m): 4:50pm On Jun 03, 2018
Throwback:
His tenure as the pioneer chairman was very lacklustre and has set the tone for how the ICPC remains so passive in its duties like a nonexistent establishment of law, as opposed to the ever active EFCC whose active tone was set by the young policeman Nuhu Ribadu.

Probably a reflection of his vocation as a Nigerian judge, who are known not to have any appreciation of time in their handling of cases for the benefit of the prosecution or the accused, and only glory in the narcissism of their own elevated status.

May he rest on passively.

You are foolish for describing the dead like that, You obviously do not know this man. He never compromised when he was alive.
Re: Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) by precious1967(m): 8:10pm On Jun 03, 2018
RIP may his soul rest in peace.
Re: Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:41pm On Jun 03, 2018
TundeYusuf001:

Maybe his soul rest in peace but why are you behaving like someone who can't think
You that can think what are your thoughts

BMC quantinue

1 Like

Re: Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) by Lipscomb(m): 6:16am On Jun 04, 2018
father of corruption.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Watch: I Expect Atiku To Sue OBJ For Libel But He Went Begging Him – Ogala / Why Edo Is Yet To Pass Anti-open Grazing Law ― Obaseki / Buhari Is "Semi-illiterate" Says PDP......Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.