Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,941 members, 7,838,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 (81996 Views)

He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani / Asari Dokubo Steps Out With Armed Men (Photos) / General Buhari And Ibrahim Gambari In 1984 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by SalamRushdie: 8:56am On Jun 04, 2018
handsomeclouds:
The media particularly nairaland is doing so well in drawing our attention away from the main issue why he was arrested and making us believe he doesn't have a case.

Though it's might appear to be witch hunt.. he still has a case to answer.

When will Buhari answer the case of backing Fulani terrorist to kill over 4000 innocent Nigerians ...its shall never be well with Buhari and his backers

1 Like

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by DaBullIT(m): 8:57am On Jun 04, 2018
plaetton:

Sharrap Dia.
Fela was obviously targeted because of his bold criticism of the government.

In the same Buhari administration, 52 suitcases belonging to an Emir, alleged to have been full of foreign currencies, went right through the same security agencies at the same airport without as much as a question.
Buhari has never been a man of any iota of integrity, and will never be.

Allegedly vs the person caught with cash

You are the wisest of them all
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by millomaniac: 8:57am On Jun 04, 2018
Fact is that most Nigerians are half baked graduates or illiterates. All these facts were presented to them prior to the 2015 elections but perhaps because of the hatred of the massively corrupt incumbent they still rooted for a tyrant. Funny thing is the same mistake is about to be made again in the likes of atiku, markafi, saraki all all those normally recycled politicians. Me I will Do my own part I will vote sowore. And pray power doesnt corrupt him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by diltstwoods(m): 9:00am On Jun 04, 2018
plaetton:

Sharrap Dia.
Fela was obviously targeted because of his bold criticism of the government.

In the same Buhari administration, 52 suitcases belonging to an Emir, alleged to have been full of foreign currencies, went right through the same security agencies at the same airport without as much as a question.
Buhari has never been a man of any iota of integrity, and will never be.
Buhari doesn’t work at the airports nor was he ever an Immigrations officer . It’s possible he never had any hands in his arrest . It wasn’t Fela’s first trip in and out of the country . If there was no exhibit or trace of crime, Fela would have enjoyed more support. Where there is no law, there is no sin. We are so used to celebrating lawlessness .
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by seguno2: 9:00am On Jun 04, 2018
diltstwoods:
Everyone has forgotten that Obasanjo killed Fela’s mom , Yar’adua dealt with Fela and lots like that happened to other prominents persons under different military regimes and suddenly Buhari is the devil because the court jailed Fela for flouting the law.
Obasanjo that killed a whole Odi community in Bayelsa and destroyed everything there is still a saint.
Bunch of jokers . Yes we all love Fela for his good music and outspokenness but he really did not care much about the law. Maybe he would have lived longer if he did. I love Fela and he will always be a legend but he flouted too many laws and never cared what would come out of it.

The Yar’Adua who was president in 2007
If Obasanjo is a saint to YOU, that would largely explain the trash that you wrote above.

1 Like

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 04, 2018
SalamRushdie:

When will Buhari answer the case of backing Fulani terrorist to kill over 4000 innocent Nigerians ...its shall never be well with Buhari and his backers
Many people support people for different reasons.

If you support Buhari doesn't mean u subscribe to all his polices.

It shall never be well with you and those who suoport you
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by diltstwoods(m): 9:07am On Jun 04, 2018
millomaniac:
Fact is that most Nigerians are half baked graduates or illiterates. All these facts were presented to them prior to the 2015 elections but perhaps because of the hatred of the massively corrupt incumbent they still rooted for a tyrant. Funny thing is the same mistake is about to be made again in the likes of atiku, markafi, saraki all all those normally recycled politicians. Me I will Do my own part I will vote sowore. And pray power doesnt corrupt him.
Sowore and Fela Durotoye are great choices but I think they need to start from the grassroots and climb the ladder up. That will strengthen their chances and boost their popularity. The should contest for house of reps to test their popularity and grow from there . That’s how Obama was able to become the first black United States President. Sowore or Fela Durotoye will only waste time and resources thinking they will be next president just like that . It’s a huge war against forces that have held our future captive
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by seguno2: 9:10am On Jun 04, 2018
diltstwoods:

Sowore and Fela Durotoye are great choices but I think they need to start from the grassroots and climb the ladder up. That will strengthen their chances and boost their popularity. The should contest for house of reps to test their popularity and grow from there . That’s how Obama was able to become the first black United States President. Sowore or Fela Durotoye will only waste time and resources thinking they will be next president just like that . It’s a huge war against forces that have held our future captive

Can anyone hold the future of another person captive without his acquiescence
How is that possible?
Ayam not understanding!
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by SalamRushdie: 9:10am On Jun 04, 2018
handsomeclouds:

Many people support people for different reasons.

If you support Buhari doesn't mean u subscribe to all his polices.

It shall never be well with you and those who suoport you

For attempting to lay a lame curse on a child of the most high that I am are assure you that your curse shall return to you in 50 folds from this moment ..oya start counting your badluck

1 Like

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 04, 2018
SalamRushdie:

For attempting to lay a lame curse on a child of the most high that I am are assure you that your curse shall return to you in 50 folds from this moment ..oya start counting your badluck
Child of evil and most foolish is what you are

1 Like

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by Dollabiz: 9:13am On Jun 04, 2018
hmmm
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by diltstwoods(m): 9:14am On Jun 04, 2018
seguno2:

The Yar’Adua who was president in 2007
If Obasanjo is a saint to YOU, that would largely explain the trash that you wrote above.
I meant the father of Yar’Adua, who was a major general in the army and he was Obasanjo’s close ally and was minister for Lagos state during the Obasanjo time as military president.
It goes well to show how hypocrisy as eaten so deep into our system .

2 Likes

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by seguno2: 9:21am On Jun 04, 2018
diltstwoods:

I meant the father of Yar’Adua, who was a major general in the army and he was Obasanjo’s close ally and was minister for Lagos state during the Obasanjo time as military president.
It goes well to show how hypocrisy as eaten so deep into our system .

You are compounding your problem with more lies.
Stop before you go too far and find another job. Defending Buhari’s failure is not a job for slackers.
Cheers.
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by diltstwoods(m): 9:25am On Jun 04, 2018
MykellOni:
My broda, money is money. Where did u ever see/hear d word monies? I think I need to go back to school and ask my singular and plural teacher...
For learning purposes , be well informed.
Yes , there can be MONIES

1 Like

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by buhariguy(m): 9:29am On Jun 04, 2018
seguno2:

Stop spreading lies.
The song was against Buhari, the animal in human skin.
I thought it was buhari, fela was referring to,
But pannyman make me to understand, it was ibb he was referring to.

And the song was first released in 1985,
Maybe later released in 1987
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by diltstwoods(m): 9:29am On Jun 04, 2018
seguno2:

You are compounding your problem with more lies.
Stop before you go too far and find another job. Defending Buhari’s failure is not a job for slackers.
Cheers.
I guess you have more vocabulary than common sense. You first didn’t know Yar’Adua’s father. You must be some ignoramus hiding behind your kepypads to spew hate. Get better information before you come on a forum of elites .

2 Likes

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by millomaniac: 9:31am On Jun 04, 2018
diltstwoods:

Doesn't matter where you start. What matters is visibility, awareness. A way to make people know whom you are. There are many ways to achieve that. Starting from the grassroots is one of them but it's slow. No one knew ambode but today he is governor, no one knew osibanjo but today he is vp. Donald trump did not even contest any election prior to the presidential today he is president.
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by plaetton: 9:31am On Jun 04, 2018
diltstwoods:

Buhari doesn’t work at the airports nor was he ever an Immigrations officer . It’s possible he never had any hands in his arrest . It wasn’t Fela’s first trip in and out of the country . If there was no exhibit or trace of crime, Fela would have enjoyed more support. Where there is no law, there is no sin. We are so used to celebrating lawlessness .

No one is celebrating lawlessness my friend.
Hypocrisy, Nepotism, and selective prosecution is an even greater evil to any society than the common infractions and malfeasances the average citizen commits every now and then.

Let me give an example. The average Nigerian doesn't pay taxes. I do not blame them. The government has not evolved a simple and convenient way for tax assessment and collections. Therefore, the far majority of Nigerians are tax evaders by default.
Now, a morally corrupt and tyrannical government can easily use that to selectively target and persecute citizens who oppose the government.

That act itself becomes more pernicious to the society than the simple act of tax avoidance that the majority of the citizens are guilty of by default.

2 Likes

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by miracleofgod: 9:35am On Jun 04, 2018
Kundagarten:
Same Buhari refused to allow governor Ambrose Alli to seek treatment. He dealt with Ajasin, Awolowo and most politicians except the ones from Katsina state.
Locked up vice president Ekwueme but left President Shagari.

#SHAGARI is from FULANI tribe. so I don't expect the president to questions SHAGARI on anything it maybe.
May God enlighten more of the ready Nigerian Youths on how to deal with the problem this old politicians have created

1 Like

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by package7(m): 9:39am On Jun 04, 2018
For how long shall we continue to tolerate or put up with the so call hausa /fulani. If, we check-mate them now or never. Do you know how of sons and daughters they have send to early grave.

Enough is enough from the monsters.
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by package7(m): 9:40am On Jun 04, 2018
For how long shall we continue to tolerate or put up with the so call hausa /fulani. If, we don't check-mate them now or never. Do you know how of sons and daughters they have send to early grave.

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by package7(m): 9:41am On Jun 04, 2018
For how long shall we continue to tolerate or put up with the so call hausa /fulani. If, we don't check-mate them now or never. Do you know how many of sons and daughters they have send to an early grave?

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by peterphd(m): 9:43am On Jun 04, 2018
plaetton:

Hypocrisy, Nepotism, and selective prosecution is an even greater evil to any society than the common infractions and malfeasances the average citizen commits every now and then.

Let me give an example. The average Nigerian doesn't pay taxes. I do not blame them. The government has not evolved a simple and convenient way for tax assessment and collections. Therefore, the far majority of Nigerians are tax evaders by default.
Now, a morally corrupt and tyrannical government can easily use that to selectively target and persecute citizens who oppose the government.

That act itself becomes more pernicious to the society than the simple act of tax avoidance that the majority of the citizens are guilty of by default.

Just like El rufai is doing in kaduna with senator Hunkuyi

1 Like

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by diltstwoods(m): 9:44am On Jun 04, 2018
millomaniac:

Doesn't matter where you start. What matters is visibility, awareness. A way to make people know whom you are. There are many ways to achieve that. Starting from the grassroots is one of them but it's slow. No one knew ambode but today he is governor, no one knew osibanjo but today he is vp. Donald trump did not even contest any election prior to the presidential today he is president.
We are too ethnically divided for this kind to happen at this point. Ambode was accountant general for Lagos state and also rode on the shoulder of the giant. Osinbajo is a different scenario cos he wouldn’t have contested an election and won. Party politics is still very strong in Nigeria. I don’t know Sowore’s party and how much ground they can cover as per publicity. In Nigeria, you will still need a strong party to confront opposition no matter how intelligent your candidate is.
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by diltstwoods(m): 9:49am On Jun 04, 2018
plaetton:

Very very valid points . I do agree with you . But what do we do when we have two options that are both bad and we are only left to chose between which is bad and which is worse. That’s our situation right now, so pathetic

1 Like

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by orisa37: 9:49am On Jun 04, 2018
He is a Dreamer and a Robberyphobia.
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by DeOTR: 9:53am On Jun 04, 2018
diltstwoods:
I guess you have more vocabulary than common sense. You first didn’t know Yar’Adua’s father. You must be some ignoramus hiding behind your kepypads to spew hate. Get better information before you come on a forum of elites .
Not Father. He was Umaru's Uncle.

2 Likes

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by diltstwoods(m): 9:55am On Jun 04, 2018
DeOTR:

Not Father. He was Umaru's Uncle.
Oh , thanks �

1 Like

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by seguno2: 9:56am On Jun 04, 2018
diltstwoods:

Yar’Adua’s father was minister of Lagos (NOT state) until the coup of 1966 by which time Fela was singing highlife enjoyment songs and as such could not have been arrested by the minister.
You will have to come up with a credible source for your bogus claim.
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by oglalasioux(m): 10:12am On Jun 04, 2018
tunjiajayi:

Do you know that the so called Umaru Dikko that was crated to be shipped back to Nigeria from the UKafter absconding due to government's funds mismanagement was Buhari's in law?

That's who Buhari is.

On Fela's matter.
He clearly flouted the law, the money should have been on those people individually. A glimpse to Fela's megalomania.

While Fela had a message to share and preach.
Fela wasn't practicing most of his preachings.

Kalakuta republic wasn't democratic either, Fela was a god on his own that couldn't be questioned,he had people beaten for talking back at him on stage as per " yabbies""
He harboured drug dealers, users, gangs of assorted criminals and flouted national laws and even more cultural laws and precepts of smoking Igbo and prostitution.
Fela can aptly be described as a love-vendor!

Yes his legacy lives on in his words, but for his practice , the Yoruba people from 3 decades ago have literally stop naming their children Fela.
Check that out!

So Fela could be charged a criminal by association!

" Teacher don't teach me nonsense"

Have you ever wondered who leaked Dikko's abduction to Scotland Yard? You don't know the meaning of Nigeria. When you do you'll understand that a small section of this country rule the vast majority like conquered people.
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 04, 2018
FreddyKruger:
So the ancestor is replaying a part of his ancient tricks again. Dejavu and his zombies are all hyperventilating, like we don't know these happenings were commissioned by their "ancient of days" and transmissioned to the semi-illiterate IGP. I just hope zombies are saving their stipends should incase their dull one miscalculates and things start going downhill for him. Atleast niger republic residency for zombies shouldn't be hard to afford.
I think most of them are from Chad or Niger...
Because the way they behave, I just think it is either they are too blind to see the truth or they are happy for Nigeria to be destroyed.
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:33am On Jun 04, 2018
Your post is the difference between the old generation and the new sissyfied generation that you belong to
Go check the ages Gowon, Buhari, Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Yaardua etc when they controlled Nigeria?
And these same people have convinced you that what they achieved is impossible for you??
Do you really see what these politicians have done to you?
You are now the one trying to convince us Fela and Sowore are 'inconsequential' does that word sound familiar?
And the worst part is you don't even know you are doing it!

diltstwoods:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Idara Gold: Lady Celebrates Her Birthday In Biafra Outfit, Gets Arrested / O.K Ugba's House, Cars Burnt In Abia. IPOB/ESN Accuse Him Of Installing Cameras / Some Insane Military Training Around The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.