Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,943 members, 7,838,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 (81997 Views)

He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani / Asari Dokubo Steps Out With Armed Men (Photos) / General Buhari And Ibrahim Gambari In 1984 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by Barzinime(m): 10:40am On Jun 04, 2018
Nawa for you people ooo

I agree now that people are just too stupid in this country

You were there to know the other 45 people didnt haven any money on them?

three:

For your benefit....

"An accusation that Fela’s defense did not deny but explained by pointing to the 45 people in the retinue of the musician. And 1600 divided by 45 is nowhere near 50. This did not impress the judges who sentenced Fela to five years imprisonment."

He was travelling with a retinue of 45 people, each entitled to 50 pounds

45 x 50 = 2,250

he had 1,600 pounds on him

Next...
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by millomaniac: 10:59am On Jun 04, 2018
diltstwoods:

We are too ethnically divided for this kind to happen at this point. Ambode was accountant general for Lagos state and also rode on the shoulder of the giant. Osinbajo is a different scenario cos he wouldn’t have contested an election and won. Party politics is still very strong in Nigeria. I don’t know Sowore’s party and how much ground they can cover as per publicity. In Nigeria, you will still need a strong party to confront opposition no matter how intelligent your candidate is.

Now that's exactly the point "political party" I agree. It's not about starting from the grassroots. The way the Nigerian political space is without acstrong party it is very difficult to win elections, it baffles me. I don't know whether it's because these parties have strong structures in place to rig elections.
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:25am On Jun 04, 2018
tunjiajayi:

Do you know that the so called Umaru Dikko that was crated to be shipped back to Nigeria from the UKafter absconding due to government's funds mismanagement was Buhari's in law?

That's who Buhari is.

On Fela's matter.
He clearly flouted the law, the money should have been on those people individually. A glimpse to Fela's megalomania.

While Fela had a message to share and preach.
Fela wasn't practicing most of his preachings.

Kalakuta republic wasn't democratic either, Fela was a god on his own that couldn't be questioned,he had people beaten for talking back at him on stage as per " yabbies""
He harboured drug dealers, users, gangs of assorted criminals and flouted national laws and even more cultural laws and precepts of smoking Igbo and prostitution.
Fela can aptly be described as a love-vendor!

Yes his legacy lives on in his words, but for his practice , the Yoruba people from 3 decades ago have literally stop naming their children Fela.
Check that out!

So Fela could be charged a criminal by association!

" Teacher don't teach me nonsense"

You make good points
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by aribisala0(m): 11:42am On Jun 04, 2018
handsomeclouds:
The media particularly nairaland is doing so well in drawing our attention away from the main issue why he was arrested and making us believe he doesn't have a case.

Though it's might appear to be witch hunt.. he still has a case to answer.

How old are you?

Ask those who are old enough to remember instead of talking ignorantly.

Ask why the judge who jailed him, Okoro-Idogu visited him in prison at Maiduguri and why the judge was sacked for that

Do judge normally visit people they jail?
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by aribisala0(m): 11:46am On Jun 04, 2018
MykellOni:
My broda, money is money. Where did u ever see/hear d word monies? I think I need to go back to school and ask my singular and plural teacher...

Shameful comment
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by aribisala0(m): 11:57am On Jun 04, 2018
It is still against the law to carry money without declaring.
Usually all we here is the money being seized.

I have not heard of anyone being jailed and certainly not for 10 years.

this was the same goverment that allowed an Emir in with 53 suitcases unsearched.
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by alejandro: 12:30pm On Jun 04, 2018
For latest news and trends please visit https://newsonline.com.ng
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by kazyhm(m): 1:12pm On Jun 04, 2018
three:

Even Oyinbo Newspaper remember Buhari, na Naija peepo no dey remember history,

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/apr/01/nigerias-new-president-muhammadu-buhari-is-the-man-who-put-fela-kuti-in-jail

Plus this Nairaland thread that rehashed the issue...

https://www.nairaland.com/2116222/fela-kuti-charged-armed-robbery

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Idara Gold: Lady Celebrates Her Birthday In Biafra Outfit, Gets Arrested / O.K Ugba's House, Cars Burnt In Abia. IPOB/ESN Accuse Him Of Installing Cameras / Some Insane Military Training Around The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.