Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,345 members, 7,829,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" (30738 Views)

How A Pastor’s Daughter Who Went For Night Runs Found Herself In Police Station / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Jarus(m): 6:16pm On Jun 04, 2018
fiizznation:
Thank you sir for this info. Never even knew this.

Btw sir, are you a muslim yourself? cheesy

Ramadan Kareem

Alhaji. Masha Allah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by ollah2: 6:16pm On Jun 04, 2018
For once you spoke like a christian, it's very unacceptable and should be cancelled with the speed of light.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by ogorwyne(f): 6:19pm On Jun 04, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

No, but Arabic has been used as a mode of communication in the northern part of Nigeria and some part of southern Nigeria before the colonial masters came . You should have asked Nigeria Immigration why they asked applicants that are fluent in those languages to apply for their last year recruitment.
Before the colonial masters you say? I don't have much to say to those things you typed up there. I will conserve my energy.
Gaddafithe2nd:

Yes they should learn it. The Egypt Coptic Christians are the most populous christian in the middle east (about 9 million) , Lebanon has 50% Muslim/50% christian population. Iraq, Syria, Jordan and many more they all have Christians. The population of Christians in the middle east is about 16 million. So, what language do you think they used as a mode of worship? It is Arabic only the Christians of Iran use Persian language.
Internet is there for you do your research.
We won't learn any stupid Arabic, We have our own indigenous languages. For a common means of communication, I think English is just fine.

If the Federal government wants us to adopt Arabic (which is crazy by the way) I don't think the best way to go about it is by dropping such a surprise on people in an exam. Its obvious they want some people to fail.

We do not need Arabic, any person or group that intends to speak or use the language can do so, but buhari's people shouldnt force it on us.

I have typed too much for a day.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by insabarnur(m): 6:20pm On Jun 04, 2018
We talk too much..when its time to talk less and do more,seek me out.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by chiedozie198100: 6:20pm On Jun 04, 2018
ABIOLAXYZ:

Arabic is just a language, it is different from Islamic Studies.

you really think people are that foolish, abi?

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:25pm On Jun 04, 2018
ogorwyne:

Before the colonial masters you say? I don't have much to say to those things you typed up there. I will conserve my energy.
We won't learn any stupid Arabic, We have our own indigenous languages. For a common means of communication, I think English is just fine.

If the Federal government wants us to adopt Arabic (which is crazy by the way) I don't think the best way to go about it is by dropping such a surprise on people in an exam. Its obvious they want some people to fail.

We do not need Arabic, any person or group that intends to speak or use the language can do so, but buhari's people shouldnt force it on us.

I have typed too much for a day.
You should have used your energy against WAEC and JAMB. The two institutions have been conducting exams in Arabic studies for years. You guys should deal with it. Arabic is among the 5 recognised language in Nigeria. Go and learn it. Your fellow Christians in Europe and America are learning Arabic. The world is going global, languages is the hotcake in the world just like ICT. LOL...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by islandmoon: 6:26pm On Jun 04, 2018
they said it was optional, but how come you cant submit untill you answered it? this is togive muslims upper hand over the christians, the test should be redone or every state should have its own police

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by princfred(m): 6:27pm On Jun 04, 2018
HigherEd:

So how do you expect chukwudi from Imo state to pass the test. Let us try something, why don't we change that Arabic questions to Jewish Hebrew which is also just a language and let us see what the hypocrites would do.
I'm sorry for you. What has been the benefit of Islam to Germany. You keep talking of how fast you are replicating but fail to tell us how many lives have been terminated due to the foolish migrant experiment of the west. How many people have been blown to bits, mowed by trucks and raped gruesomely?

Islam is a plague to Europe, it has turned a once peaceful continent into a zone of bloodbath. The Europeans failed to learn from Africa and Asia what the destructive power of Islam could do.

Unfortunately, they are now learning by experience. With less than 10% population the Muslims have turned Europe upside down. Theyve made Sweden the rape capital of the world, Germany, the explosion capital of Europe and France, the human truck mowing capital.

The West made the mistake of equating Islam and Christianity thinking Islam was going to evolve just like Christianity. But oh my, they are in for a rude shock!

Future generations would bless the European countries that quickly stemmed the migrant tide of Islam, the Japan and South Korea are the future peaceful places for all man kind because it is still rid of Islam.
This is just the truthful reality.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:28pm On Jun 04, 2018
ogorwyne:

Whose language is Arabic? This country is a joke.

I expected much from you. Come on, Ogorwyne, Arabic is a language just like English. Muslims and Christians alike speak it in the Arab world. I know many of you like to think of Arabic as an Islamic language but what many of you fail to understand is that Arabic predates Islam.

It is like when Latin was the official language of the Christian Church. It didn't mean that Latin was a Christian language. It was only favored because the structure of the Church as we know it today is largely rooted in Rome.

Just so you know, Palestinian Christians speak Arabic. They call God "Allah".

Aside the Arab Christians, there are other Christian groups who speak Arabic.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Castanea(m): 6:33pm On Jun 04, 2018
HigherEd:

So how do you expect chukwudi from Imo state to pass the test. Let us try something, why don't we change that Arabic questions to Jewish Hebrew which is also just a language and let us see what the hypocrites would do.
I'm sorry for you. What has been the benefit of Islam to Germany. You keep talking of how fast you are replicating but fail to tell us how many lives have been terminated due to the foolish migrant experiment of the west. How many people have been blown to bits, mowed by trucks and raped gruesomely?

Islam is a plague to Europe, it has turned a once peaceful continent into a zone of bloodbath. The Europeans failed to learn from Africa and Asia what the destructive power of Islam could do.

Unfortunately, they are now learning by experience. With less than 10% population the Muslims have turned Europe upside down. Theyve made Sweden the rape capital of the world, Germany, the explosion capital of Europe and France, the human truck mowing capital.

The West made the mistake of equating Islam and Christianity thinking Islam was going to evolve just like Christianity. But oh my, they are in for a rude shock!

Future generations would bless the European countries that quickly stemmed the migrant tide of Islam, the Japan and South Korea are the future peaceful places for all man kind because it is still rid of Islam.

Excellent analysis!
Good job.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by brodalokie: 6:34pm On Jun 04, 2018
HigherEd:
"The inclusion of Arabic Studies in the recent Nigeria Police Force NPF recruitment Test is highly unacceptable. Some forces just want to score political marks by trying to impress the president and divide us as a people. This administration and all agents that want to divide us should be seriously warned as it is too late to turn Nigeria into an Islamic State. We therefore reject the NPF recruitment Test and ask for it to be re-written without the inclusion of Arabic Studies in it."----------Bishop David Oyedepo, President of Living Faith Church Worldwide

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=232545984179185&id=226796954754088

Lalasticlala codetemplar

I went to African Church Grammar School in Ibadan and we sang and prayed in Arabic on Friday assembly but that never affected my Christian devotion and background. I don't know but I think it may be another means for fellowship as a nation but the situation in Nigeria is too serious
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by princfred(m): 6:35pm On Jun 04, 2018
islandmoon:
[b]they said it was optional, but how come you can submit untill you answered it this is togive muslims upper hand over the christians, the test should be redone or every state should have its own police
Just like every thing about islam and islamists - deceptive and dark. Its called Taqiya and its their culture.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by CodeTemplar: 6:36pm On Jun 04, 2018
brodalokie:

I went to African Church Grammar School in Ibadan and we sang and prayed in Arabic on Friday assembly but that never affected my Christian devotion and background. I don't know but I think it may be another means for fellowship as a nation but the situation in Nigeria is too serious
Arabic isn't our lingua franca.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by princfred(m): 6:38pm On Jun 04, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

You should have used your energy against WAEC and JAMB. The two institutions have been conducting exams in Arabic studies for years. You guys should deal with it. Arabic is among the 5 recognised language in Nigeria. Go and learn it. Your fellow Christians in Europe and America are learning Arabic. The world is going global, languages is the hotcake in the world just like ICT. LOL...
The difference is that its not compulsory in WAEC and JAMB. But you will willfully neglect that as taqiya is your way of life.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by CodeTemplar: 6:41pm On Jun 04, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

English and French is our lingua franca. Arabic is being snuck in. Even the people promoting it can't speak pure arabic.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:43pm On Jun 04, 2018
CodeTemplar:
English and French is our lingua franca. Arabic is being snuck in. Even the people promoting it can't speak pure arabic.
I hear you. Tell that to Nigerian government that recognises it, not me.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by ogorwyne(f): 6:46pm On Jun 04, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

I expected much from you. Come on, Ogorwyne, Arabic is a language just like English. Muslims and Christians alike speak it in the Arab world. I know many of you like to think of Arabic as an Islamic language but what many of you fail to understand is that Arabic predates Islam.

It is like when Latin was the official language of the Christian Church. It didn't mean that Latin was a Christian language. It was only favored because the structure of the Church as we know it today is largely rooted in Rome.

Yeah Christians and Muslims speak it in the Arab world, no doubt. But in Nigeria it is not spoken or taught in our schools or used in our churches. It might be different for Muslims, maybe they study the language in their schools or in the mosque.

This is Nigeria, Arabic isn't a part of us, well except for those that seek to identify with the language. Just as I wouldnt expect the Arabs in their countries to write exams in Igbo, Idoma or Yoruba is the same way Nigerians shouldn't be subjected to such. That's unfair na.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by CodeTemplar: 6:48pm On Jun 04, 2018
Jarus:

More than a quarter of the national football teams of France and Germany going to Russia are Muslims.

The guy is still sitting there.

And what does this mean? Didn't get the message.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by carinmom(f): 6:50pm On Jun 04, 2018
brookz:
Dr. Raji Bello WROTE:

The Nigeria Police Force requested JAMB to conduct a recruitment test for its applicants with the instruction that the applicants should be examined in just one subject - English Language. JAMB accepted and set out to prepare the test. However, a small problem was encountered: JAMB's test software is configured to test candidates in four subjects and it won't load just a single test. So JAMB decided to load three dummy tests in addition to the actual test being conducted which is English Language. JAMB selected the three dummy subjects from its alphabetically arranged list - so it came up with three subjects starting with the letter A and they were Agricultural science, Arabic and Arts (fine). JAMB then gave clear instructions to candidates that only the English test should be taken within the 45 minutes alloted time as the other three were just dummy tests.

A few days after the test, CAN protested a "compulsory Arabic test" administered on Christians by JAMB and it called for the cancellation of the police exam or else... It viewed the test as part of the president's Islamisation agenda. The person who shared the allegation of compulsory Arabic test on social media and generated a frenzy was no other than Comrade Yinka Odumakin BA (Hons), former student union activist at OAU, former journalist at Punch and Guardian, noted human rights activist, former secretary Save Nigeria Group (SNG) former spokesman to Maj Gen Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), delegate at National Conference and now spokesman of Afenifere.

It's difficult to be optimistic about our country's future when some of the people that we celebtrate are no better than our least endowed citizens.#copied
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by KaptainAfrika: 6:50pm On Jun 04, 2018
I am a Christian.

1. If Arabic is an islamic language, English is a Christian language - it came from the English, a predominantly christian people.

2. How can you complain of "Islamisation" when we declare in crusades and church services, that you want to win Nigeria for Jesus Christ; don't you see the hypocrisy of complaining of the same thing you're doing?

3. Who made these men our spiritual leaders? who appointed them and who witnessed these appointments and anointments? It seems to be a "spiritual leader" you need to have lots of churches...

4. We have had IBB who take us into the OIC, and Abacha who made sure the top posts were filled with his people; both were Muslim Military Dictators, who had the means to make this country Islamic against our will - how is Buhari going to achieve that in a democracy? and Trump as US President?

5. The majority of the people shouting Buhari wants to Islamise Nigeria, want him out of power - not to be replaced by a christian or an atheist or an idol worshipper but by another muslim (who they assure us, is not like Buhari that wants to Islamise Nigeria)....hmmmmm. They say one muslim wants to islamise Nigeria, but the muslim they want you to vote for, won't do the same, I am assuming that this islamisation agenda is even true oh.

6. The process of islamisation, if true, is not an 8 year event, heck, it took 400-600 years for Christian turkey (Asia Minor), middle-east and North Africa to become Islamic countries. And these involved a mix of warfare (muslims vs non-muslims), trade, inter-marriage and other factors.

When your so-called spiritual leaders, beat the drums of war, remember they have private jets - you have none.

When your politicians carry christianity on their head, remember when they were planning on how to loot - they were not disturbed by the religion of their co-looters.

It is the masses that suffer when the bourgeoisie play their games.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:51pm On Jun 04, 2018
ogorwyne:

Yeah Christians and Muslims speak it in the Arab world, no doubt. But in Nigeria it is not spoken or taught in our schools or used in our churches. It might be different for Muslims, maybe they study the language in their schools or in the mosque.

This is Nigeria, Arabic isn't a part of us, well except for those that seek to identify with the language. Just as I wouldnt expect the Arabs in their countries to write exams in Igbo, Idoma or Yoruba is the same way Nigerians shouldn't be subjected to such. That's unfair na.

Arabic is widely spoken. It can come in handy in dealing with extremism.

French isn't part of us but it is becoming rather popular.

Our indigenous languages are also being promoted. I thought I read news on FP about the three largest indigenous languages (Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa-Fulani) being mandated as requisite qualifications for admittance in military institutions.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by ofwest47(m): 6:53pm On Jun 04, 2018
I am surprised with all these CAN can of worms and their wailers and haters of Buhari, on the issue of Arabic language injection into Police recruitment training is obvious, if you look at the entire boundary wall of the Northern part of Nigeria they are made up of Arabic speaking language of Niger , Chad,and upper Cameroon Republic. And since most of these insurgents name it; Bokoharam ,Herdsmen ,Cattle rustlers and many other killer groups are majorally combining with their Nigerian counterparts and are usually interacting in Arabic and not in English language, government agency believes that with a little knowledge of Arabic words the police can easily trap them from the words coming out of their mouth but unfortunately the so called CAN can of worms are seeing it otherwise.
To go back to history Obafemi Awolowo has for seen these happenings before when he said Nigeria don't even need more than fifty thousand military personnel in Nigeria and that all we needed was to have a very good diplomatic relationship with are border countries especially up North such that those border line countries will always be ready to ward off any intruder into the country. Awolowo said this but was not looked into. And what Awolowo said, if it were today the CAN can of worms and their wailers and haters would have said Awolowo wanted to Arabicalise Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by MarieSucre(f): 6:55pm On Jun 04, 2018
ABIOLAXYZ:

Arabic is just a language, it is different from Islamic Studies.
True, It is different but why is it a provision at all in the police force?

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Ibime(m): 6:57pm On Jun 04, 2018
lafuria1:
Lol, so pastor dey believe fake news.

Oyedepo is a fool

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by ogorwyne(f): 6:59pm On Jun 04, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

The reason those two institutions you mentioned conduct exams in the language is for some people to at least have a pass na. We know how they perform in general exams.

My fellow Christians in Europe and America are learning Arabic by choice. They can stop learning whenever they want to and nobody will force them not to. Their countries wouldn't be so foolish to have a general exam in Arabic. Even if something like that would ever happen (I doubt), I'm sure the citizens would be aware so they can be prepared and there would be a really good reason for that.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by obonujoker(m): 6:59pm On Jun 04, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

Is Nigeria an Arabic country??

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:03pm On Jun 04, 2018
obonujoker:

Is Nigeria an Arabic country??

That language would definitely be strategic. They are not forcing all the citizens to learn it.

Moreover, it is a widely spoken language and it would not be a bad idea for our police officers to be multilingual. It helps a lot.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Shaggi: 7:06pm On Jun 04, 2018
I did Islamic philosophy in skul... ''Naija my country''

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by obonujoker(m): 7:09pm On Jun 04, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

That language would definitely be strategic. They are not forcing all the citizens to learn it.

Moreover, it is a widely spoken language and it would not be a bad idea for our police officers to be multilingual. It helps a lot.

Is Nigeria an Arabic country

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Nova15: 7:10pm On Jun 04, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
Bishop go sit down jare. The great con man. Arabic is just a language just like French and English and all other natural languages. Moreover, your fellow Christians in the middle-east use Arabic language to worship. Nigeria government recognises 5 foreign languages which are; French, English Arabic, Chinese and Spanish. Always want to cause trouble with religion. NPF abeg carry on with the Arabic studies.

So why was French and the other languages not listed in the exams? Why just Arabic?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many / One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. / Rich Churches, Poor Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.