Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" (30731 Views)

How A Pastor’s Daughter Who Went For Night Runs Found Herself In Police Station / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by MeKshow(m): 2:16am On Jun 05, 2018
Arondizuogu:

So Christians should learn Arabic language naa.. Middle East is predominantly Islamic states, just like saying We should take Hindu exam... lol

See how u compare arabic to hindu in the nigerian context. Arabic can b traced hundreds of yrs back in africa b4 the white men step foot on africa.
NB; The white men met the northerners as literates
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by 2016v2017: 2:45am On Jun 05, 2018
princfred:
They are trying to ensure only or mainly muslims are in the forces so as to execute the islamization process. They have already killed off and drastically reduced people of other tribes/religion in the army using fake Bokoharam now its police to be cleansed next.

Even in this thread, you will see the so called "learned, nice muslim" supporting or downplaying the heinous agenda of their core one.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Nature8(m): 3:58am On Jun 05, 2018
God punish whoever bring this Arabic thought in Nigerian police and their family..

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by trapQ: 4:43am On Jun 05, 2018
God bless you for speaking the truth.
ruffDiamond:
for the first time ever since i be hearing abt this man he finally said something wey make sense!say it loud and xlear without fear and fervour!iam a very liberal muslim,i dont bellieve in any form of fanatism or subtle islamization agenda!id nigeria is truly a secular state,then this rubbish should not be anywhere in anything or body representing us as a collective citizen of the one naijiriya,however useless she maybe undecided the issue of the islamic ajami on the naira,coat of arms and the army logo is also very provocative and an insult on the collective intelligence of the cheisrian segment of the country..!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by trapQ: 4:53am On Jun 05, 2018
Shut up. Lying fool. Chinese Mandarin is number 1,
followed by English, then Spanish and Hindi before Arabic.

French is the official language of 29 countries. Meaning that it is more widely accepted and spoken than Arabic.
BluntTheApostle:

Many of you are just ignorant, especially you.

For your information, Arabic is the second most widely spoken language in the world, second only to English.

How popular or useful is Hebrew?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by trapQ: 4:55am On Jun 05, 2018
Do you really want us to compare literacy levels between Nigerian Christians and Muslims?
Gaddafithe2nd:

Keep shut Mr. man, you should have asked WAEC and Jamb why they have Arabic studies as a subject for O' Level.
Nigeria is not a secular state, but a multi religious state. Check the meaning of secular before using it. Haha... Nigerian christians do make me laugh. Make una learn.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by trapQ: 4:58am On Jun 05, 2018
What a fool
Gaddafithe2nd:

You should have used your energy against WAEC and JAMB. The two institutions have been conducting exams in Arabic studies for years. You guys should deal with it. Arabic is among the 5 recognised language in Nigeria. Go and learn it. Your fellow Christians in Europe and America are learning Arabic. The world is going global, languages is the hotcake in the world just like ICT. LOL...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by trapQ: 5:16am On Jun 05, 2018
You are stupid. Who are more backward between Christians and Muslims? You people who are piss drinkers calling Christians backward? Mumu.
Gaddafithe2nd:

It is your choice not to learn it, presently now in Nigeria, Arabic comes second after English language thanks to the muslim population.
The problem of most you Nigerian Christians is many of you think backward. Morocco a muslim country adopted 3 European languages from the christian countries. An average Moroccan understands at least 3 languages: Arabic, English, French, Spanish and Berber that is the language most of them use in communicating. But here in my country everything is termed into religion/ethnic issue. The world is moving fast we shouldn't be backward.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by trapQ: 5:22am On Jun 05, 2018
Yes, like they traded in Kwara and installed an emir there. Mumu
Demmzy15:
I'm not confusing anything, since you brought slavery into the discussion, many of the pioneers of early Christianity in Nigeria were either former slaves or descendants of slaves.

Christianity wouldn't have entered Nigeria hadn't the British never defeated and colonized us, so what would you call that? And please don't mention Islam, Islam got to North and Southern Nigeria through trade not bloodshed and Conquering.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by princessayesha(f): 6:41am On Jun 05, 2018
Arabic is a language for God's sake, not a religion! I know a few christians that want to learn Arabic...it is actually you, dear Bishop, that want to devide the people!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by princessayesha(f): 6:50am On Jun 05, 2018
CodeTemplar:
I know muslims will soon jump on this thread and start attacking the person of Oyedepo for being wealthy.
Same muslims who have kept quiet about Boko Haram who are increasing the number of Christian widows. The subtle attempt to incite Christians against their spiritual leaders is seen clearly.
Boko haram victims are mostly Muslims. If they wanted to kill chistians they would'nt stay in the north!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by princessayesha(f): 6:54am On Jun 05, 2018
Edu3Again:
Small by small Buhari and co are working to Islamtize Nigeria

CIRCULATE THIS MESSAGE UNTIL IT REACHES ALL NATIONAL ASSEMBLY MEMBERS

President Buhari has submitted an executive bill to the National Assembly for the Federal Government to take control of all waterways and their banks in Nigeria. Of curious attention is the annexing of thousands of lands adjoining the river banks. These are ancestral lands belonging to poor farmers.

Without any doubt, President Buhari will, as soon as the bill is passed, hand over permanent grazing rights to his kinsmen, the Fulanis, who will come with their destructive weapons and commence expansion into/conquest of the hinterland!

Also, the bill is intended to abrogate the Land Use Act, which has vested all lands in State Governors. This amounts to bringing grazing colonies through the backdoor.
All Nigerians must rise up to resist this obnoxious bill aimed at enthroning and legalising anarchy.
PLEASE AND PLEASE, circulate this fast and wide!

From a concerned Nigerian

Buhari has clearly said he wanted Full Sharia in Nigeria!
And the only way to get it is by jihad, which means killings

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/boko-haram-names-buhari-5-others-as-mediators/

So Buhari invited ISIS to come and how to do killings for jihad

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/lagos/lebanon-arrests-isis-leader-on-way-to-nigeria/107157.html

This is clearly a jihad as we remember that they release Leah the only Christian and Osinbajo is not bothered about it

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/leah-sharibu-confirmation-true-mission-boko-haram-2/

Buhari is using Boko Haram as soldiers for islam,
So Boko Haram members are released from Prison!

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/02/nigerian-court-releases-475-boko-haram-suspects-180218160036240.html

Buhari believes that Boko Haram represents the interest of the North.
So does not want them killed.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/stop-killing-boko-haram-members-buhari-tells-fg/

This govt is a jihadi govt.

What I want to know is why Osinbajo & Adeboye have never condemned the killings nor pushed for Leahs release
Because Osinbajo and Adeboye are not fools smiley
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 05, 2018
there is no compulsion in religion.truth is different from falshood and whoever hold on to the stronghold of Allah is indeed successful.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:30am On Jun 05, 2018
trapQ:
Shut up. Lying fool. Chinese Mandarin is number 1,
followed by English, then Spanish and Hindi before Arabic.

French is the official language of 29 countries. Meaning that it is more widely accepted and spoken than Arabic.

You are a simpleminded illiterate.

I said widely spoken.

Mandarin has the largest number of speakers largely because of the population of China but it is not spoken in as many countries as Arabic. It is only widely spoken in 2 other countries aside China.

Most widely spoken by number of countries/dependencies where the language has official or de facto status

English (101)
Arabic (59)
French (51)
Spanish (31)
Russian/ Portuguese (11)

https://www.google.com/search?q=languages+most+in+the+most+countries&client=ms-opera-mini-android&channel=new

French is the official language in 29 countries? Hope you know that some of these countries have Arabic as co official language with French? Comoros has Arabic as co official language with French. Same with our neighbors, Chad.

Just go back to school, you pathetic simpleton.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by CodeTemplar: 7:46am On Jun 05, 2018
princessayesha:

Boko haram victims are mostly Muslims. If they wanted to kill chistians they would'nt stay in the north!
Majority of Chibok girls are Christians and when Boko Haram mistakenly took muslim Dapchi girls they released them speedily. Plus there are millions of Christians in the north so stop sounding as if there are no Christians up north.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by CodeTemplar: 7:51am On Jun 05, 2018
Gbemishile1:
there is no compulsion in religion.truth is different from falshood and whoever hold on to the stronghold of Allah is indeed successful.
Then why is BH holding back Leah Sharibu and muslims are mute ?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Edu3Again: 9:23am On Jun 05, 2018
princessayesha:

Because Osinbajo and Adeboye are not fools smiley
More like they don't care for Leah.

Jesus stood when Stephen was being killed, just to speak out these can't.

Adeboye can speak about tithes but can't speak about a kidnapped Christian?

It shows they consider money more important.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Demmzy15(m): 7:37pm On Jun 05, 2018
trapQ:
Yes, like they traded in Kwara and installed an emir there. Mumu
Islam existed in Kwara well before Afonja, so you have no case flatheead! tongue

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Demmzy15(m): 7:39pm On Jun 05, 2018
CodeTemplar:

You're a big hypocrite, Muslims are mute you say? For crying out loud this people kidnap and kill Muslims, till today, captives are still being freed and majority are Muslims. I ask you, what exactly do you want us to do? What?! angry

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Demmzy15(m): 7:41pm On Jun 05, 2018
CodeTemplar:

Majority of Chibok girls are Christians and when Boko Haram mistakenly took muslim Dapchi girls they released them speedily. Plus there are millions of Christians in the north so stop sounding as if there are no Christians up north.
Was it only Chibok and Dapachi girls that have gone missing since the beginning of the insurgency? Aren't Muslims amongst the Chibok girls too? Besides, many are kidnapped which doesn't make headlines because they're Muslims. So why flexing unnecessary muscles?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Demmzy15(m): 8:00pm On Jun 05, 2018
CodeTemplar:
He isn't stupid. Is arabic one of our lingua franca? Why make an alien language a part of exam.
Chaiiiii, you keep disappointing me with your posts, I thought you were very intelligent. Do you even know the meaning of lingua franca? Arabic is spoken and used by about 50% of Nigerians, our official language is English yet local languages are still taught in schools. The official language of India is English, it's national language is Hindi but other languages are taught and spoken.

What's the point of this hate and bigotry? angry
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by CodeTemplar: 8:12pm On Jun 05, 2018
Demmzy15:
Chaiiiii, you keep disappointing me with your posts, I thought you were very intelligent. Do you even know the meaning of lingua franca? Arabic is spoken and used by about 50% of Nigerians, our official language is English yet local languages are still taught in schools. The official language of India is English, it's national language is Hindi but other languages are taught and spoken.

What's the point of this hate and bigotry? angry
I suspect u don't know what lingua franca is.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Demmzy15(m): 8:14pm On Jun 05, 2018
CodeTemplar:
I suspect u don't know what lingua franca is.
Please define lingua franca?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by CodeTemplar: 8:18pm On Jun 05, 2018
Demmzy15:
Please define lingua franca?
I am right. You don't know it.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Castanea(m): 1:41am On Jun 06, 2018
yazach:

And to be honest with you, I haven't insult you either

Get my point clear from this simple analysis

British entered Nigeria and gave us English and Christianity

Arab entered Nigeria and gave us Arabic and Islam

We have English and Arabic inscription on eg:

Money, police and so on

A pastor now says we should remove Arabic inscription and you called his argument maturity how

Yazach.

In the final analysis, the British, NOT the Arabs colonized Nigeria. That is why English is the Official Language in all matters of learning and governance.

Having Arabic inscriptions on our currency and military insignia is totally wrong.

Like somebody stated earlier, we should desist from mixing religion with State matters.

Nigeria have no official religion but we have official language. This is my point.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by yazach: 2:24am On Jun 06, 2018
Castanea:

Yazach.

In the final analysis, the British, NOT the Arabs colonized Nigeria. That is why English is the Official Language in all matters of learning and governance.

Having Arabic inscriptions on our currency and military insignia is totally wrong.

Like somebody stated earlier, we should desist from mixing religion with State matters.

Nigeria have no official religion but we have official language. This is my point.

You got it wrong, go and read history

British only captured South and seek amalgamation when they can't OFFICIALLY captured North, so they reach agreement.
It's when you separate the North, then you can now be fighting for inscription. But if you can't break it, just kiss the truth and tell your pastors to stop religious bigotry
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 06, 2018
CodeTemplar:

different people with different ideologies of how to follow their religion.
Every muslim claim to follow islam,but have different ideology about the message.
The words i said are in the quran,and i understand there is no compulsion in religion.the words are clear as day
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by abuabdrahman(m): 9:34am On Jun 06, 2018
HigherEd:
Nigeria was well on a path to islamization until Christians woke up.
Visited LASUTH today and was asking why a PRIVATELY owned Bola Ahmed Diagnostic center was doing inside a state govt property. Then became more incensed on seeing a gigantic mosque within the premises. If this were zamfara I would understand. But a multicultural states with a well diversed religious population These are some of the BS some of us would still revisit getting into govt. If Muslims want an islamized hospital then they should build one personally like the catholics did and stop making it seem like they are first class citizens...

Religious houses have no business inside government properties. If you want a religious - themed hospital then build one privately...

How do you want me as a non Muslim to understand Arabic enough to pass it... These Islamic entitlement towards politics/governance is what is causing horror for non Muslims all over the world...

many that have commented here have only come to express the hatred they have for Islam, no one have tried to confirm the authenticity of the post itself, buh since its an avenue to speak againstIslam then every one brings out the venom in their speech.
i do not expect that an educated individual will believe in this cheap propaganda of islamisation, this is not a dictatorship government where things will just happen overnight , there are three arms of govt, with people of different culture ,religion ,ethnic ,language, thougts etc. and you expect that with all this , something can just happen? definitely NO

perhaps you need to know somethings , get your facts so you can make a good argument, first is that LASUTH is first a medical institution who has students of varying religious background, most times in the architectural drawings of schools , there are provision for TWO churches and ONE mosque (how is that?) buh am sure you wont see anything wrong in that cos you are a christian ,i also don't see it being wrong as a Muslim (that we get one mosque allocation as against your two churches because our religion is not in diversity,its tenets are unified). notwithstanding, there is a provision for the place of worship.

am sure you stay are familiar with Lagos and you may know LUTH idi-araba, despite the very big land mass , this federal teaching hospital did not allocate a land for mosque inside the school buh there are churches (at least am very sure of a big catholic church opposite one of the car-parks) inside the school only for the mosque be sited outside the school compound , what do you say to this injustice?

insincere people wouldn't see anything wrong in all of this because of the type of people they are buh will be quick to express their hatred for Islam.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by CodeTemplar: 9:46am On Jun 06, 2018
Gbemishile1:

different people with different ideologies of how to follow their religion.
Every muslim claim to follow islam,but have different ideology about the message.
The words i said are in the quran,and i understand there is no compulsion in religion.the words are clear as day
If 25% of muslims take stance on issue like u the world will be a better place.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
CodeTemplar:
If 25% of muslims take stance on issue like u the world will be a better place.

islam is perfect,muslims are not
you forget,islam is a religion,we are humans with our own thoughts and actions
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by trapQ: 3:07pm On Aug 13, 2018
Rewriting history.... Almajiri I'm not igbo,
try again later.
Demmzy15:
Islam existed in Kwara well before Afonja, so you have no case flatheead! tongue
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
. Arabic is just a language just like French and English and all other natural languages. Moreover, your fellow Christians in the middle-east use Arabic language to worship. Nigeria government recognises 5 foreign languages which are; French, English Arabic, Chinese and Spanish. Always want to cause trouble with religion. NPF abeg carry on with the Arabic studies.
Are there not great African languages that they could choose instead of Arabic? If they must chose a foreign language why not Swahili, Lingala, Zulu and others? Why Arabic which is a deeply religious linked language?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many / One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. / Rich Churches, Poor Members

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.