Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,459 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Men Why Are You Like This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Why Are You Like This? (1523 Views)

Married Men,why Do You Remove Your Wedding Ring?. / Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? / Why Do Single Women Date Married Men Why ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Why Are You Like This? by Lacrissa: 11:54pm On May 30, 2010
You want a woman and show interest, she becomes interested in you too, then you begin to withdraw or back off? Why is this so? Let us ladies know!
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by A40(m): 12:12am On May 31, 2010
How long did it take for you to reciprocate the interest cos sometimes its all about the timing! You might be saying yes when he simply got tired of holding his breath and is just about walking out the door. He probably may stay back to justify the time he's wasted cos men are logical by nature but things would not quite be the same
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by tayoast(m): 12:18am On May 31, 2010
u're just unlucky.
Men are not d same?
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by Nobody: 12:26am On May 31, 2010
@ poster. How did you know he liked you.

Besides when some girls play hard to get and when He concedes defeat,

they start to complain.
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by 79733139(m): 12:47am On May 31, 2010
I guess what happened was that you played hard to get for too long! I was dating a girl for a while, she hardly called me on the phone, I invited her to my house she told me a big NO, she played hard to get, when I decided to back out and started losing interest in her and decided to go after another girl, that is when she decided to start showing that she was interested in me also, YOU PLAYED HARD TO GET FOR TOO LONG!
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by cantell(m): 1:05am On May 31, 2010
@Topic,
Accepting a guy sooner doesn't make a lady cheap, like some women would think.
Some guys hate women who play hard to get and when they see that kind of women, they either do everything to get them and then dump them later or they'll back out without trying.
Just like its difficult for women to get a man , so it is for men.
Men have a better advantage but it doesn't make things easier. Just a bit diiferent.
So if guys are leaving when you decide to go out with them, it probably means you made them wait for too long or the goods didn't worth the price.
Ciao.
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by eridah2007(m): 1:11am On May 31, 2010
A-40:

[b]How long did it take for you to reciprocate the interest? [/b]cos sometimes its all about the timing! You might be saying yes when he simply got tired of holding his breath and is just about walking out the door. He probably may stay back to justify the time he's wasted cos men are logical by nature but things would not quite be the same
Oya answer dat quwention  first  grin
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by bluespice(f): 1:28am On May 31, 2010
wait i thought women acted this way too undecided
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by Faher(m): 2:41am On May 31, 2010
@OP

It could be because of the "you played hard-to-get for too long" concept OR
because he wants you to like him more and so would behave uninterested
So that you'll fall madly in love with him due to his "I'm-ignoring-you" behavior which a lot of ladies seem to like.
It works sometimes, I've tried it.
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by Lacrissa: 2:58am On May 31, 2010
A-40:

How long did it take for you to reciprocate the interest cos sometimes its all about the timing! You might be saying yes when he simply got tired of holding his breath and is just about walking out the door. He probably may stay back to justify the time he's wasted cos men are logical by nature but things would not quite be the same

I'm not really speaking for myself but in general but speaking of myself now, there was no long timing neither did I play hard to get. I just never declared any feelings, was going with the flow until he wanted to walk out due to age difference not even more than a month and I expressed my feelings.

Faher:

@OP

It could be because of the "you played hard-to-get for too long" concept OR
because he wants you to like him more and so would behave uninterested
So that you'll fall madly in love with him due to his "I'm-ignoring-you" behavior which a lot of ladies seem to like.
It works sometimes, I've tried it.

cantell:

@Topic,
Accepting a guy sooner doesn't make a lady cheap, like some women would think.
Some guys hate women who play hard to get and when they see that kind of women, they either do everything to get them and then dump them later or they'll back out without trying.
Just like its difficult for women to get a man , so it is for men.
Men have a better advantage but it doesn't make things easier. Just a bit diiferent.
So if guys are leaving when you decide to go out with them, it probably means you made them wait for too long or the goods didn't worth the price.
Ciao.

Not always the case. I don't think so and I never played hard to get. I have always been real.
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by Faher(m): 3:02am On May 31, 2010
Lacrissa:

I'm not really speaking for myself but in general but speaking of myself now, there was no long timing neither did I play hard to get. I just never declared any feelings, was going with the flow until he wanted to walk out due to age difference not even more than a month and I expressed my feelings.

Not always the case. I don't think so and I never played hard to get. I have always been real.

Can you explain the words in bold? why was it not in your original post?
Seems you're misleading us, no?
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by eridah2007(m): 3:34am On May 31, 2010
@OP,What do u expect us to do if we later discovered dat NOT all dat glitters ar gold?
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by Nobody: 6:30am On May 31, 2010
@poster
what about if the guy realized that this gal wasnt what he had expected (wasnt all that) and that under all the pretense and make up, she had no substance. should he continue show interest for the sake of your ego?

its funny how some women think that if a man start to show interest, then he should do so for the rest of his natural life. . . . . . . . . . . . . .like it being some kind of unwritten contract. LOL!
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by Lacrissa: 6:33am On May 31, 2010
Faher:

Can you explain the words in bold? why was it not in your original post?
Seems you're misleading us, no?

I meant, we were dating, yes maybe he had feelings for me and I showed I did but just never told him. I took it easy until he wanted to walk away due to age difference and him not sure if I was really feeling him. I then declared my feelings to him.

MRbrownJAY:

@poster
what about if the guy realized that this gal wasnt what he had expected (wasnt all that) and that under all the pretense and make up, she had no substance. should he continue show interest for the sake of your ego?

its funny how some women think that if a man start to show interest, then he should do so for the rest of his natural life. . . . . . . . . . . . . .like it being some kind of unwritten contract. LOL!

That's not what I mean. Even before the woman starts showing the bad side, even while she's still good.

BTW MrBrownJay, pls check your email still concerning the same issue.
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by nguage(m): 6:37am On May 31, 2010
Not just men, human beings can be weird, especially in matters relating to the opposite sex. Maybe declaring your feelings for him made him more relaxed and now he's sure he has you in the bag already. Call him before stop asking us.
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by Faher(m): 6:40am On May 31, 2010
Lacrissa:

I meant, we were dating, yes maybe he had feelings for me and I showed I did but just never told him. I took it easy until he wanted to walk away due to age difference and him not sure if I was really feeling him. I then declared my feelings to him.

What's the age difference?
are you older than him?
When you declared your feelings, how did he react?
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by Lacrissa: 7:16am On May 31, 2010
Faher:

What's the age difference?
are you older than him?
When you declared your feelings, how did he react?

He's older, about 12 yrs older. When I did so he wouldn't walk away, he decided to stay.

n-guage:

Not just men, human beings can be weird, especially in matters relating to the opposite gender. Maybe declaring your feelings for him made him more relaxed and now he's sure he has you in the bag already. Call him before stop asking us.

We are already on a break.
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by Faher(m): 7:30am On May 31, 2010
Lacrissa:

He's older, about 12 yrs older. When I did so he wouldn't walk away, he decided to stay.

I think we're dragging the issue too far. It's all down to you, make it work or end the show wink
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by Nobody: 7:39am On May 31, 2010
Lacrissa:

That's not what I mean. Even before the woman starts showing the bad side, even while she's still good.
BTW MrBrownJay, pls check your email still concerning the same issue.

the minute we meet women, we discover stuff about y'all. the minute you open your mouth to say hello, the minute you act, we discover more about you and all these instances can be a reason to back off.
you really think that men need to be shown your bad side?! some men can see it in you before you even show it by.

remember that how you see yourself might not be how he sees you.

you got mail!
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by Onchedu(m): 7:59am On May 31, 2010
If I like a girl and want her to show interest in me I appreciate the interests she shows as long as it doesnt come off as too sudden, too good to be true or obsessive.

Men are more logical than emotional and I think I speak for most guys when I say we like to know what Ur interest on us is based and that we earned it.

If Ur interested in a guy, let him know why. unless he's only interested in getting in Ur pants a guy wants to know it's him U like not just the idea of "a guy" hanging around U.
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by Lacrissa: 8:00am On May 31, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

the minute we meet women, we discover stuff about y'all. the minute you open your mouth to say hello, the minute you act, we discover more about you and all these instances can be a reason to back off.
you really think that men need to be shown your bad side?! some men can see it in you before you even show it by.

remember that how you see yourself might not be how he sees you.

you got mail!

Wow, So much to learn about men and keep learning. BTW U got mail again! Same 'ol issue.

Faher:

I think we're dragging the issue too far. It's all down to you, make it work or end the show wink

Thanks for your concern and help.
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by Lacrissa: 8:01am On May 31, 2010
Onchedu:

If I like a girl and want her to show interest in me I appreciate the interests she shows as long as it doesnt come off as too sudden, too good to be true or obsessive.

Men are more logical than emotional and I think I speak for most guys when I say we like to know what your interest on us is based and that we earned it.

If your interested in a guy, let him know why. unless he's only interested in getting in your pants a guy wants to know it's him U like not just the idea of "a guy" hanging around U.

How can a guy know you like him for him and not just the idea of a guy hanging around you? What is the difference?
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by Nobody: 8:06am On May 31, 2010
I guess its good advice not to play hard to get when you really like the person involved. Love isn't a game, you know
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by ElRazur: 8:06am On May 31, 2010
tayo_ast:

u're just unlucky.
Men are not d same?

Bang! Cold water in the face. cool
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by eridah2007(m): 8:13am On May 31, 2010
@MRbrownJAY
Well said. Topic closed smiley
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by Onchedu(m): 8:15am On May 31, 2010
I've got mail? Where?

Lacrissa:

How can a guy know you like him for him and not just the idea of a guy hanging around you? What is the difference?

A guy knows U like him when ur pleasures evidently are with him. Most irls like attention and will indulge ANYONE who gives it just to feel good about themselves, but when a girl is specific in the persons attention she's most interested in, it shows and everyone gets the message at one point or the other.
As long as it doesn't show that u think he's the special one or could become that special one, the guy myt pack up and leave or just gather what he can from U and bail out.
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by 190: 8:30am On May 31, 2010
kunbee u are talking 2 me like dis abi
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by iice(f): 10:52am On May 31, 2010
Desperation. . .demands. . .play too hard to get. . .shrew grin
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:33pm On May 31, 2010
grin grin
iice:

Desperation. . .demands. . .play too hard to get. . .shrew grin
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by MissyB1(m): 6:38pm On May 31, 2010
Lacrissa, You and this Your man, again?
Una noh deh tire?? undecided
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by Loveaflame(m): 6:45pm On May 31, 2010
Men are of different categories and backgrounds.I agree many can be tricky and cruel but the bottom line is that too many ladies don't really know what they want in a relationship.They therefore play cheap to men.If you don't know what you want anything goes.My strong advice is for ladies to shine their eyes,be wise and slow to emotional release and outburst. There are still many decent guys like myself but hard to come by.Play safe.
Re: Men Why Are You Like This? by yme1(f): 6:49pm On May 31, 2010
playing too hard to get plays a big role here
finding out he/she wasnt what you wanted undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Weird Things About Me! / Bi-racial Ladies In The House? / How To Get Married In One Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.