Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,420 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos (35962 Views)

Photos Of Stew, Food Imported From China Seized By Customs In Nigeria / Container Of Military Wears Intercepted By Customs In Port-Harcourt. Photos / Photos Of The Exotic Cars Impounded By Customs In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by okolet(m): 8:50am On Jun 06, 2018
Custom Oga too wan use Velar... cheesy

#sharpoga
Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by tempest01(m): 8:52am On Jun 06, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
The Ogun State Command of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), this morning, declared a total of #437,860,681 as revenue generated for a period of one month. This was even as it made an unprecedented seizure of various contrabands, including a brand new 2018/2019 model of Range Rover Jeep with a Duty Paid Value (DPV) of #64,249,064.80, and tagged 'Seizure of the month'.

Also intercepted between May 2 and June 4, 2018, were 5,103 bags (50kg)of foreign rice, 51 vehicles, comprising 19 'tokuboh' and 32 means of conveyance, 135 kegs (25 liters) of vegetable oil, 33 bags of sugar (50kg each), 7 bales of secondhand, 3 bales, 36 sacks and 300 pairs of foot wears.

Other seizures made include 129 pieces of used tyres, 102 kegs (25kg) of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), and a sack of ladies hand bags, all with a total Duty Paid Value of #370,892,666.00.

Making the declaration, at a press briefing held at the Idiroko Sentry of the Command, the Customs Area Controller (CAC), Comptroller Michael Agbara, said: "We have set the ball rolling in our quest to effectively perform our core functions of revenue generation, suppression of smuggling and facilitation of legitimate trade".

Reacting specifically to smuggling of rice, the custums boss, who conducted media men round the sentry, to assess the seized items, expressed disgust at smugglers' desperation, and berated them for endangering the lives of consumers of foreign rice.

He laid emphasis on how the 'economic saboteurs' stocked the commodity in every available space in the means of conveyance (vehicles) , quintessence of which was in the battery compartments.

Aside the health hazards constituted to consumers of such grains of rice, Agbara stated that, while government was focusing on how to improve local production, smugglers were busy killing the efforts, thereby empowering neighboring countries.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/06/ogun-customs-generate-437b-in-one-month.html
just 7 bales of 2nd hand? �
Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by Boyooosa(m): 8:52am On Jun 06, 2018
GuyWise:
This country is just a stupid joke, somebody will suffer and buy a car of over 60m then another person that didn't work nor suffer will just collect it from you simply because he knows someone at the top.
Pls remove wise from your moniker before I can reply to your comment.

2 Likes

Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by hohafrank(m): 8:55am On Jun 06, 2018
Jirate:

WiseGuy, Look At Those Photos Again, Even Dagote Vehicles Are There, e Get Who Dangote No Know At The Top?. cool
Wise Guy.The driver of that vehicle might have used that for some shady deal, hence it was impounded.

2 Likes

Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by zombieHUNTER: 8:55am On Jun 06, 2018
Jirate:

WiseGuy, Look At Those Photos Again, Even Dagote Vehicles Are There, e Get Who Dangote No Know At The Top?. cool

Forget that thing
Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by zoedew: 8:55am On Jun 06, 2018
Why anyone who works hard for money will spend that much buying a vehicle only to entrust it to the hands of crossers who bring it in through rough bush paths leaves much to the imagination.

4 Likes

Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by calculator101(m): 8:56am On Jun 06, 2018
Settle them, you no gree.can you now see for yourself grin grin
Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 06, 2018
THEY EVEN SIEZED THREE DANGOTE TRUCKS, THEY ARE INSIDE THERE QUARRY ROAD OFFICE IN ABEOKUTA. THESE CUSTOM OFFICERS WICKED NO BE SMALL

1 Like

Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by Richimills(m): 8:56am On Jun 06, 2018
is the range Hazardous to health too? just asking .... b4 dem start throwing stones now
Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by Richimills(m): 8:56am On Jun 06, 2018
is the range Hazardous to health too? just asking .... b4 dem start throwing stones now
Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by Kingstanding: 8:59am On Jun 06, 2018
GuyWise:
This country is just a stupid joke, somebody will suffer and buy a car of over 60m then another person that didn't work nor suffer will just collect it from you simply because he knows someone at the top.
. Someone will buy car worth of 64 million naira and doesn't want to pay duties that will not more than 2million naira the owner of that vehicle need to be hanged why some people like to cut corner? You will never get that vehicle again.Where the owner ship that vehicle did he pays duties or not?I true Ahmed Alli you smugglers will hear wen.

1 Like

Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 06, 2018
I have been there before. Some months ago my G wagon was seized by customs. I had to go pay the duty because the car dealer underpaid.

3 Likes

Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by Hotzone(m): 9:07am On Jun 06, 2018
All I smell is hunger in Canaan land
Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by Slurity(m): 9:08am On Jun 06, 2018
GuyWise:
senseless rant. Illegal business is illegal no justifications for doing a banded business.

3 Likes

Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by MPESA(m): 9:09am On Jun 06, 2018
Rickyuzzy:

Most of this items pose health hazards and they have to be destroyed
Sure they do but By who and at what locations are they been destroyed Or they are been auctioned secretly.
P.S
i'm not supporting smugglers.

1 Like

Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 06, 2018
AmiciLord:
I have been there before. Some months ago my G wagon was seized by customs. I had to go pay the duty because the car dealer underpaid.
So how much did you finally pay as duty? And what did you do to the dealer who under paid? I hope he was dealt with.
Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by chuksanambra: 9:15am On Jun 06, 2018
They would still release the Range to the owner if he's proactive enough. All he has to do is to move really fast, inform them of his readiness to pay the full calculated duty and other charges.

1 Like

Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by idrisolayiwo(m): 9:17am On Jun 06, 2018
Rickyuzzy:

You my friend is stupid, sometimes we should leave sentiments aside and call a spade a spade. If the owner of that range paid his custom duty, will they seize the car? You guys want Nigeria to be better but when things are done the hard way. . U criticize destructively. You lot and oafs will be d one saying custom is not working. When something good is done. Encourage them. This rice importers are killing local production and empowering the neighboring countries.tell me how Nigeria will improve, we are just to corrupt and care only about ourselves and no one else in the country. And the health hazards involved in storing the grains is another issue. Please use your brain.... Stop making a fool of yourself on a public platform.
Don't mind them...the kind of brains I see on this nairaland shocks me!..our future is bleak...our youths don't appreciate proper way of doing things anymore. How can u have 60+ million to buy a car and not have money to pay for custom duties?!!!...that is serious wickedness done on the country, small time now they will start criticizing buhari. Every tenure faces criticism, Jonathan, buhari even the yaradua they are all shouting, while the fellowers silently destroy the country uncriticized

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by CoolAmbience(m): 9:18am On Jun 06, 2018
GuyWise:

Were they imported properly with import duties appropriately paid?

Are they the only imports into the country?

You need to be critical before taking a position on an issue.

3 Likes

Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by Rickyuzzy(f): 9:23am On Jun 06, 2018
MPESA:

Sure they do but By who and at what locations are they been destroyed Or they are been auctioned secretly.
P.S
i'm not supporting smugglers.

The good ones are auctioned every lastonth of each quarter. Custom also destroy goods week in and out
Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by Dollabiz: 9:24am On Jun 06, 2018
ohh
Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by morgang(m): 9:24am On Jun 06, 2018
That was how this bastards motherfuckers held my phone (iPhone X) and required me to pay 80k for no just good reason. Was given until June 12 as deadline.. Wtf ?? I was really scammed heavily but have no option but to pay..::

I even settled DSS 15k
NDLEA 20k
Custom 80k

That’s the height of it fellas...

I live in Abj and all the happenings was in Lagos. Couldn’t have done otherwise. It was heart wrenching mehn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by ALARAPE22(m): 9:25am On Jun 06, 2018
bettyx4966:

Scam
Ole
Your generation may likely suffer for this your dubious act.....WAKA...
Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by MRLANNISTER(m): 9:25am On Jun 06, 2018
Donald95:
These are goods of people that refuses to bribe you guys. Ndị Oshi

So they agreed to do the crime, plotted and planned and schemed, but alas, the refused to pay a "token"? That must be the most stupidest criminal in modern history.
Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by shereef19: 9:34am On Jun 06, 2018
Is just that our mentality in this country is all about sentiment...
Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by daremiarchs(m): 9:35am On Jun 06, 2018
Boyooosa:

Yours sincerely

[s]Pls remove wise from your moniker before I can reply to your comment.[/s] cry cry cry
You contradict everything about wisdom here!
Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by Jaideyone(m): 9:54am On Jun 06, 2018
Donald95:
These are goods of people that refuses to bribe you guys. Ndị Oshi
really? smh
Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 06, 2018
Lord God see whip shocked shocked

I wana go to heaven like Elijah but I know say I no dey worthy enough to go with chariots of fire � ... Baba this Range Rover fit carry me go kiss kiss
Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by ademoladeji(m): 9:58am On Jun 06, 2018
fucktoto:

where's the dangote vehicle in the two pictures? undecided

Check the first picture bruv.

Why supporting corruption? Someone buying goods worth 60m yet snuggling it
Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by fucktoto: 10:00am On Jun 06, 2018
ademoladeji:

Check the first picture bruv.

Why supporting corruption? Someone buying goods worth 60m yet snuggling it

i'm not supporting anyone, but i can't find dangote's vehicles in any of the pictures.

but even if there's a dangote truck there i believe it's the goods it was carrying they seized, not the vehicle itself.
Re: N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos by bakila: 10:10am On Jun 06, 2018
Apple2:
Seizure of the rice is good, at least save us from eating poison no one can tell.

But for the cars? Mbanu my brothers, let's re bargain, but how would someone use such amount of money to buy a car and wouldn't clear it properly, na wahw
... probably the person did not buy it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cameroonian Soldiers Arrested For Trying To Smuggle Migrants In A Car's Boot / When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security / Pastor, Herbalist And Three Others Arrested With Human Parts In Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.