Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

The Left Behind Christians - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Left Behind Christians (3390 Views)

Unfufilled Vows,oaths,covenants Reasons Behind Christians Sufferings!!!! Part1 / If You Are Left Behind On Rapture Day, Will You Accept 666 Mark Of The Beast? / What If You Were Left Behind After Rapture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Left Behind Christians by aletheia(m): 4:23am On Jul 15, 2010
Joagbaje:

There are several raptures mentioned in the bible.

1.ENOCH
2.ELIJAH
3.JESUSb]
[b]4.PAUL ? b] [b] ??

5.THE CHURCH
6.THE TWO WITNESSES
7.THE MANCHILD
^^^As defined in the bible, the connotations of the word "rapture" show that it is a one-time event of the catching up of believers to meet the Lord in the air as He descends triumphantly from Heaven to put and end to all kingdoms.
Therefore:
1. Enoch - untrue
2. Elijah - untrue
While these two are types foreshadowing the one-time event, they are not the one-time event.
3. Jesus raptured? So He was caught up into the air to meet himself. . .? I am sure you see where this is going, don't you?
4. Paul - Even you put ?.?? after the entry, so why try to pad out the list?(dishonest) Was it in order to make it up to 5 or 6, as you first claimed? Nothing wrong with admitting you are wrong you know?
5. The church - yes
6. The two witnesses - identity still controversial. Are they allegory or fact?
Moreover, scripture clearly records they died, whereas the "rapture" concerns believers who are yet living when Jesus returns as clearly documented here:
I Thes 4:17. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. . .
7. The man child. Is the man child another entity different from Jesus and his Church? Double counting. And not even describing the rapture.

Joagbaje:

There are about 5 to 6 different raptures in the bible at different times. All  christians wont be raptured same time. There is 2 to 3 raptures of christian in the bible.

1. It is proven that there will be a one-time event of the catching up of believers. . .not 5 or 6
2. Joagbaje asserts that Christians will be raptured 2 to 3 different times. A teaching that is in stark opposition to God's written words.

I Thessalonians 4:14-18
For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.
For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.
For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.
Therefore encourage one another with these words.

This is a capsule summary of the end of age event known as the Rapture. It is characterized by three things occuring in sequence and tied together (inseparable).
1. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God.
2. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
3. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air
So in essence Joagbaje is saying these three things will necessarily have to occur twice or thrice e.g. the dead in Christ will rise 2 to 3 different times.
See what happens when men substitute their idolatrous doctrines for what the word of God actually says.

Let's consider the grand event from another "camera-angle" so to speak:

I Corin 15:49, 51, 52.
Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven.

Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.

And since 3D seems to be the rage this days: a third angle.
I John 3:2. Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.

All describing the one-time event that is curtain fall on the age but which Joagbaje says will yet occur 2-3 times.
Re: The Left Behind Christians by nopuqeater: 5:10am On Jul 15, 2010
Are there no sense in you? Is Jesus "Eloi"?

Did Jesus not cry to Eloi Who sent him?
Did Jesus not say to Eloi "Your servant who You send"?

People is Jesus Eloi, now crying to himself?

I used your "Jesus caugt up to himself" to show your wrong statement about Eloi and Jesus Whom He sent.
Re: The Left Behind Christians by Joagbaje(m): 12:42am On Jul 16, 2010
aletheia:

^^^As defined in the bible, the connotations of the word "rapture" show that it is a one-time event of the catching up of believers to meet the Lord in the air as He descends triumphantly from Heaven to put and end to all kingdoms.
Therefore:
1. Enoch - untrue
2. Elijah - untrue
While these two are types foreshadowing the one-time event, they are not the one-time event.
3. Jesus raptured? So He was caught up into the air to meet himself. . .? I am sure you see where this is going, don't you?
4. Paul - Even you put ?.?? after the entry, so why try to pad out the list?(dishonest) Was it in order to make it up to 5 or 6, as you first claimed? Nothing wrong with admitting you are wrong you know?
5. The church - yes
6. The two witnesses - identity still controversial. Are they allegory or fact?
Moreover, scripture clearly records they died, whereas the "rapture" concerns believers who are yet living when Jesus returns as clearly documented here:
I Thes 4:17. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. . .
7. The man child. Is the man child another entity different from Jesus and his Church? Double counting. And not even describing the rapture.

1. It is proven that there will be a one-time event of the catching up of believers. . .not 5 or 6
2. Joagbaje asserts that Christians will be raptured 2 to 3 different times. A teaching that is in stark opposition to God's written words.

I Thessalonians 4:14-18
For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.
For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.
For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.
Therefore encourage one another with these words.

This is a capsule summary of the end of age event known as the Rapture. It is characterized by three things occuring in sequence and tied together (inseparable).
1. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God.
2. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
3. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air
So in essence Joagbaje is saying these three things will necessarily have to occur twice or thrice e.g. the dead in Christ will rise 2 to 3 different times.
See what happens when men substitute their idolatrous doctrines for what the word of God actually says.

Let's consider the grand event from another "camera-angle" so to speak:

Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven.

Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.

And since 3D seems to be the rage this days: a third angle.
I John 3:2. Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.

All describing the one-time event that is curtain fall on the age but which Joagbaje says will yet occur 2-3 times.

It is just like we say "On the resurrection day" But in truth ,we know there are several resurrections taught in the bible . Past and future. Thesame way there are several raptures in the bible . Past and future. It means to be" caught up" It is a simple matter that we dont need to complicate. Yes 3 raptures of christians

1. The general rapture of the church
2.The 2 witnesses.
3. The manchild

These 3 groups are all christians and will be raptured at different times.
Re: The Left Behind Christians by aletheia(m): 2:59am On Jul 16, 2010
Joagbaje:

It is just like we say "On the resurrection day" But  in truth ,we know there are several resurrections taught in the bible . Past and future. Thesame way there are several raptures in the bible . Past and future. It means to be" caught up" It is a simple matter that we dont need to complicate.  Yes  3 raptures of christians

1. The general rapture of the church
2.The 2 witnesses.
3. The manchild

These 3 groups are all christians and will be raptured at different times.
^^^
Apart from multiplying the raptures you are now multiplying resurrections. Jesus resurrected. Who else has done so in the past?
The man child will rule the nations with a rod of iron.
Revelation of John 12:5. She gave birth to a male child, one who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron, but her child was caught up to God and to his throne,

Who is he? I believe the scriptures clearly show who the man-child is.

Psalms 2:7-9.
I will tell of the decree:
The LORD said to me, You are my Son;
today I have begotten you.
Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage,
and the ends of the earth your possession.
You shall break them with a rod of iron

and dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Revelation 19:11-16.
Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war.
His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself.
He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God.
And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses.
From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.
On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.
Re: The Left Behind Christians by Joagbaje(m): 10:55am On Jul 16, 2010
Altheiaaaa!!!

The first thing you need to understand is that the events of revelation of future and not past. so it wasnt refering to christ's rapture.

Rev. 1:1
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

If i have time i will reply you proper.
Re: The Left Behind Christians by donnie(m): 11:31am On Jul 16, 2010
shocked  Oh no! the sinners voice you'll hear. . .
Gone, gone. . . they are gone, they are gone. . .
Marching to join the glorious ones. . .
Oh no, had i known.  cry cry cry

. . . and the left behind christian will take to hiding for there will be great tribulation like has never been.

They will be the preachers in those days.  The scripture readings will mostly be from the book of revelation. 'What next?' & 'when is He coming' will be the popular question among the left behind believers. cool
Re: The Left Behind Christians by BillyHobe: 6:59am On Aug 08, 2010
kris2glo

The Left Behind Christians
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do you know about the set of Christians that will be left behind after the rapture? Will there be any thing as such? Or will all Christians be rapture at the same time?  Tell the world what you know.
The Christians left behind will be the ones sleeping like the left behind series teaches and the ones who teach the false doctrine of the left behind series will also be left behind! God is Omni the same yesterday today and tomorrow the only constant in the universe, This end time has the same rules as all other end time before it 3-4 generatins of persecutions than the end, leading up to world war one all the way past world war four than the war of the sons of light and the sons of darkness, then comes a new dawn! The Christians are defeated until the Lord comes than the Saint shall defeat the Beast (Wolf) the AntiChrist (the Roman false-Messiah) the false prophet (the cream of the religious leaders) and all that are wicked shall be defeated in that day, And if it is the worst winter since the beginning of man on earth, pray your flight be not in the winter, ( your fleeing from them prior mentioned until till the Lord comes) If God being all powerful can shorten them days else no flesh would be spared, then where is this flesh God is sparing? He shortens the days by defeating the wicked! So his people no longer have to go starving from town to town to survive!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Then Can I Do This Great Wickedness, And Sin Against God? / Tormentors In Hell? / Scriptures Expounded: Reincarnation Is Scriptural! Elijah ... - Matthew 11:12-15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.