Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,855 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year (42620 Views)

Hafsat Abiola: Why I Will Stand With Yahaya Bello, Not South West Aspirants / MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo / NO Public Holiday On June 12, 2018 - (MKO Abiola Day) - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by eodavids(m): 1:45pm On Jun 07, 2018
ApostleT:
Is Buhari handing over on May 29 or June 12? I hope there won't be a constitutional crisis after May 29 2019 grin grin grin grin

Your guess/suspicion is correct. And why will the handing over date vary from the democracy day?
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by oje20(m): 1:46pm On Jun 07, 2018
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by chuckynath(m): 1:46pm On Jun 07, 2018
If he likes,let him declare my birthday as a public holiday,that will certainly not extend his stay in aso rock beyond may 29,2019.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by bennynaza(m): 1:46pm On Jun 07, 2018
Buhari may call June 12 Democracy Day, but that won't stop him from vacating Aso Rock come May 29, the real Democracy Day
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by okomile(f): 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2018
Rigging galore.
He will win the election. Pvc or no Pvc.

After his second term, Pvc might work grin grin

Na 9ja we Dey. Nothing is impossible
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2018
Newpride:
Bloggers and opposition can twist the news just to discredit my able president but they’ve failed.

Obj failed, Ya’adua and gej failed to take this great move but pmb did.

God bless pmb
God bless Nigeria.
Yes o,he did with Fulani herdsmen every where
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by dermmy(m): 1:48pm On Jun 07, 2018
activistjohnny:
Fact is: Governor Fayose honoured MKO Abiola before Buhari, who was among the killers of MKO and his wife, Kudirat remembered to honour him obviously for political reasons.

Nigerians must still remember that Buhari was a prominent member of the Abacha govt that arrested, incarcerated and killed MKO Abiola.

Then, what effort did Buhari make to free MKO?

Shedding crocodile tears on the grave of the same MKO Abiola that they conspired to kill won't redeem Buhari's image as an unrepentant dictator and ethnic champion.

May the soul of MKO and Kudirat Rest In Peace.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/june-12-fayose-declares-monday-public-holiday/amp/

You don't know the history of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2018
OGA BUBU, YOUR COWS IN DAURA FARMS AND YOUR CO FULANI HERDSMEN HAS MISS YOU. COUNT DOWN TO DAURA 2019
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by MoMercyDada(m): 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2018
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2018
Throwback:

Obviously you did not read the news, such that despite the extra effort put in to address ignorant fears that a Democracy Day automatically becomes Inauguration Day, you still had to ask the same question already answered in the last paragraph.

You are right I didn't read the news but in that case we will have May 29 as public holiday and June 12 as public holiday. Why not give us another public holiday this year so that we start getting used to it?

Is Buhari actually saying that the June 12, 1993 is no longer annulled? and that MKO Abiola was democratically elected?

Sometimes I say "don't open the Pandora box"
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by bettercreature(m): 1:51pm On Jun 07, 2018
khalifjgusau:
You can also relocation Federal Capital from Abuja to Lagos. Nothing could stop us to vote you out come 2019...
Can you speak for yourself and your family? Do you have anyone to replace him? He is not going anywhere until 2023
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by Stevenson1(m): 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2018
For people linking Obasanjo to Igbo people have forgotten so soon that Obasanjo dealt with Igbos just as he did to Yorubas too. Remember the case of Ibeto, Mike Adenuga (glo) and Lagos budget to mention few. Nigerians please reason with your heads and brains not your feelings and mind.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by bettercreature(m): 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2018
eodavids:

Your guess/suspicion is correct. And why will the handing over date vary from the democracy day?
I still think May 29th is superior to June 12.I still dont see anything special about that JUNE 12
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by contigiency(m): 1:55pm On Jun 07, 2018
three:
Buhari wey go dey Daura wit him cows (Anybody & Nobody) next year?!

Na wah!

And who will send him to daura? Just be dreaming. Because, as you and your type who want us to go back to God forbidden PDP way, majority of Nigerians have already taken a decision to the contrary.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by omoiyalayi(m): 1:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Buhari is smart,in case he loses in 2019,he would have extra 2 weeks before handover in june12 instead of may29

He also insisted that May 29 remains the handover/swearing-in day and Buhari is not planning to extend his stay in office by two weeks, in the eventuality he loses next year’s elections.

Read you no go read see ur life now

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by Septre: 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
rosalieene:
: grin grin what's the essence kwanu

I was already rejoicing expecting to be free on Tuesday cry

Very sorry oo. Go and work for your money. Dont be lazy na cheesy tongue
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by HomeOfMe(f): 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
ijustdey:

http://dailypost.ng/2018/06/07/mko-abiola-will-no-public-holiday-june-12-year/

Buhari has declared June 12 a public holiday at last which was annulled by IBB.. I will start considering voting for buhari if he returns the Federal capital back to Lagos where it was originally before this same IBB moved it to Abuja,and also start the restructuring of Nigeria now before next year's election.that's all.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by TwentyOnePilots(m): 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
khalifjgusau:
You can also relocation Federal Capital from Abuja to Lagos. Nothing could stop us to vote you out come 2019...

Dude, take it easy nah, "relocation" bawo!? grin
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by thatigboman: 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
Why?
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by Okoroawusa: 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2018
dermmy:

You don't know the history of Nigeria
I ignored that confused youth
why didn't you ignore him?
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by Sarcasm01: 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
B
Shut your mouth up, you didn't read the post at all.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by femmy2010(m): 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2018
ApostleT:
Is Buhari handing over on May 29 or June 12? I hope there won't be a constitutional crisis after May 29 2019 grin grin grin grin

Handover date remains May 29 while Democracy day is June 12th
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by kingkhan(m): 2:09pm On Jun 07, 2018
khalifjgusau:
you and who?

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by Coldfeets: 2:12pm On Jun 07, 2018
rosalieene:
: grin grin what's the essence kwanu

I was already rejoicing expecting to be free on Tuesday cry

Don't be a lazy youth, please. tongue
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by dlondonbadboy: 2:14pm On Jun 07, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
B

You too dey book space?
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by zinizta: 2:14pm On Jun 07, 2018
He also insisted that May 29 remains the handover/swearing-in day and Buhari is not planning to extend his stay in office by two weeks, in the eventuality he loses next year’s elections.

the letters in bold sounds like music to my ears. ..

Nigerians votes must count .
we have their right to choose whoever we want.

so if Buhari gets kicked out let him accept in good faith.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by dlondonbadboy: 2:14pm On Jun 07, 2018
Sarcasm01:

Shut your mouth up, you didn't read the post at all.

Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by shehuaz: 2:15pm On Jun 07, 2018
[quote author=ijustdey post=68261163]

http://dailypost.ng/2018/06/07/mko-abiola-will-no-public-holiday-june-12-year/
it doesn't matter to award some one with the national honour posthumously. it is just a politics. despite the fact that, I love mko Abiola but I'm not welcoming this move, it is more of targeting votes from Yoruba nation.
this funniest bihari will soon honour ojukwu, ken saro wiwa and others.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by eodavids(m): 2:23pm On Jun 07, 2018
bettercreature:
I still think May 29th is superior to June 12.I still dont see anything special about that JUNE 12

Well, to some southwesterners, their wish has been granted.
But, my view is that no benefit accrues to Yorubas but Kingibe in these awards.

If Baba Buhari wants to please the Yorubas, let him distinguish Lagos state by making it possess special status in terms of taxation, allocation and development.

This will make the southwest economically advantageous and the whole Nigeria will benefit from it.
If what Buhari has done is in this line, everyone would have given him the accolades, and it would have been obvious Yorubas are the targeted beneficiaries.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by dotcomnamename: 2:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
In case you dont like June 12 as holiday,It's simple Sit at home on May 29 and go to work on June 12,if your Oga sack you, then gallantly sue the bast.rd. Thank me later for the professional advice.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by shotuns: 2:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
contigiency:

And who will send him to daura? Just be dreaming. Because, as you and your type who want us to go back to God forbidden PDP way, majority of Nigerians have already taken a decision to the contrary.
Dont mind the dullard, some people are Just walking zombies who has no idea what is exactly going on the country. Keep dreaming. Buhari still remains the only better choice for now untill you guys can produce another messiah. A known devil is better than a strange/ supposed Angel.
May 29th remains handing over day while June 12th. now democrazy day.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by ajebuter(f): 2:32pm On Jun 07, 2018
If you like, make December 25th Democracy Day

#Back2daura4sure#

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Won’t Recognise Buhari As President Beyond May 29 – Opposition Parties / MURIC: "Fayose Wants To Set Nigeria On Fire, Nobody Should Blame Muslims For..." / Doyin Okupe's Reaction To The Embarrassing Video On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.