Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,714 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year (42630 Views)

Hafsat Abiola: Why I Will Stand With Yahaya Bello, Not South West Aspirants / MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo / NO Public Holiday On June 12, 2018 - (MKO Abiola Day) - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by shotuns: 2:36pm On Jun 07, 2018
bettercreature:
I still think May 29th is superior to June 12.I still dont see anything special about that JUNE 12

Because you didnt read and understand. Problem. most people dont realise before reasoning from their anus. . .
May 29th remains handing Over date,June12th now democracy day. You can understand now .
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by emperormossad(m): 2:38pm On Jun 07, 2018
What happens to those who lost their lives for a just cause?
Will there be justice for them? Will there be justice for the Abiola's family?
History will eventually bring to light all that is hidden.
Justice may be delayed but it will not be denied. People responsible must answer for all that has happened including leaders who gave out 'orders' and the foot soldiers that implemented them.

All I see is a cheap political point being scored. This is a long time coming, why now?
Why this time?

Don't be swayed by 'last-minute' decisions, learn to see beyond the smoke screen.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by Almaiga: 2:38pm On Jun 07, 2018
I'm loving this.
God bless PMB,
God bless the Late MKO Abiola,
God bless Nigeria.

We will continue to celebrate this good news while haters keep wailing. grin

Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by Ambitionsway: 2:44pm On Jun 07, 2018
khalifjgusau:
You can also relocate Federal Capital from Abuja to Lagos. Nothing could stop us to vote you out come 2019...

If only our votes would truly count. embarassed
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by uuzba(m): 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The question remains;
Why honour a man who I am sure is in hellfire?

Whatever way you used to judge him and have decided he is in hell fire, that is the same way you too will be judged.

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by Toks2008(m): 3:10pm On Jun 07, 2018
khalifjgusau:
You can also relocate Federal Capital from Abuja to Lagos. Nothing could stop us to vote you out come 2019...

Do you even have PVC? E-warriors

Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by ib0221: 3:12pm On Jun 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The question remains;
You watch what you say or write. How do you know he is in hell or you are in hell typing?
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 07, 2018
Is Buhari trying to challenging OBJ's declaration day May 29?

Is Buhari trying to to down OBJ's political influence?

Is Buhari trying to FOOLS southwest electorates?

The same man who betrayed MKO is also gotten award.

Who is Buhari and his corrupt officials trying fools
Well time will tell.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by winterfell007(m): 3:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
With all due respect to my yoruba brothers on the west coast, but this is purely a hogwash to hoodwink u guys come 2019.

MKO may have been 'president elect' but he was never made 'head of state' no thanks to IBB who made sure of that. That's not to say he won't be remember for creating a democratic atmosphere never seen before in the history of this country. The truth is simple: May 19 will always seen as 'democracy day' because power was constitutionally handed over to the first civilian president in the fifth Republic. Sentiments apart.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:29pm On Jun 07, 2018
dlondonbadboy:

You too dey book space?
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by dlondonbadboy: 3:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Fear of DSS and IG of police make me modify actually,I no trust nairaland

You dey feae the transmission transistor? ?

Worse case you go Dubai go chill...

This one na country??
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:34pm On Jun 07, 2018
dlondonbadboy:

You dey feae the transmission transistor? ?

Worse case you go Dubai go chill...

This one na country??
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The question remains;
This your comment have finally exposed your mindset. You are nothing but a tribal bigot pretending to be a "truth sayer".

I wager that you are not better than the Buhari you love to hate, but only the lack of opportunities have restricted your myopic perception of life from becoming a reality.

Give me the names of the Nigerian politicians from the past or present that will probably make it to heaven.

Tell yourself the truth for once, instead of being hypocritical all the time.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by maasoap(m): 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2018
three:
Buhari wey go dey Daura wit him cows (Everybody & Nobody) next year?!

Na wah!

"I am for Everybody, I am for Nobody... "

khalifjgusau:

Coming from the 5 percentile. Lol.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by maasoap(m): 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The question remains;

Typical Naija fanatic and bigot.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 07, 2018
ApostleT:
Is Buhari handing over on May 29 or June 12? I hope there won't be a constitutional crisis after May 29 2019 grin grin grin grin
Exactly what he wants to achieve with this. However, the sophistication of the Yoruba's is clouding their sense of reasoning
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by Augiiee(m): 4:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
khalifjgusau:
Same way we will massively vote for him
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by effido666: 5:36pm On Jun 07, 2018
[color=#990000][/color]may b wen I bcom d president I will move democracy day to February 14
ijustdey:

http://dailypost.ng/2018/06/07/mko-abiola-will-no-public-holiday-june-12-year/

Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by 9isguy(m): 8:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
Only KANO state is enough to shut wailers up.... UNTIL 2019.....PVC READY.....
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by erumena(m): 7:45am On Jun 08, 2018
Metuh:
Rubbish....If Buhari likes he can turn from today till next year into a public holiday, he will still go back to his cows in Daura.

People are killed on a daily basis in Benue and Taraba, na public holiday be our priorities.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I'm voting for the best man, but not to vote out Buhari.

I believe there are those causing these deaths, they are the true enemies of this Nation, the Lord will expose and destroy them in Jesus name.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by orisa37: 10:15am On Jun 08, 2018
June 12 MKO Abiola's Right was scuttled by The Military Junta. It was a sad day for Democracy. So that day could have been appropriately named AUTOCRACY DAY. For some reasons, the Military Government then didn't do that.
Events have overtaken June 12 to be reestablished. And May 29 has been democratically and constitutionally established as Democracy Day. So Mr. President can now present a Bill to NASS to establish "MKO ABIOLA's RIGHTS DAY".
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by DeBrain045(m): 11:15am On Jun 08, 2018
yeyerolling:
Abiola was a crook an ITT, a looter, a coupist financier. he got wat he deserved. lets move on
You are mindless and prolific pity on you oh you are a fulani on wonder go back to your country
Re: MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year by Kingbabu: 12:48pm On Jun 08, 2018
Though the economy is biting hard but it's a bold step he has taken.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of Femi Fani-Kayode After Court Today / New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria / Akinwunmi Ambode Causes A Stir At The Malls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.