Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) (31132 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by CSTR1003: 4:26pm On Jun 07, 2018
At least you can't accuse her of being a hypocrite.

Gender equality in all things is her mantra.

It would have been hypocritical of her if she had campaigned for men opening doors for women as a culture.

6 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by maleekm: 4:26pm On Jun 07, 2018
I tire for una..... If we don't now they'll start saying chivalry is dead
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 07, 2018
Tats:
#Holdingthedoor grin
Odor
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by papauju(m): 4:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
I like her style, she always go the other side so that she can makeasily news

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by CSTR1003: 4:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
johnbuck81:
I swear...this woman no know were dey pain
her.

women like this are so loyal to their husband indoors while they come out forming James Bond deceiving other women.
She bears her father's name as her only surname.

It is safe to say she is an equal partner in her home.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Adefemiaderoju1: 4:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
This woman is loosing it day by day and she's the type misleading our women

Confusion should her first name
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Xisnin(m): 4:29pm On Jun 07, 2018
This is a message to sissy men. Hold the door for everybody. Stop being a sissy!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Xisnin(m): 4:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
johnbuck81:
her.

women like this are so loyal to their husband indoors while they come out forming James Bond deceiving other women.
You can't survive with such women. Not with your warped mode of thinking filled with baseless assumptions.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by charain: 4:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
johnbuck81:
her.

I blame Buhari for your problems. She talked about holding door and your brains switched to her husband. SMH.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Trottle: 4:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
So this confused woman has developed voice fry too grin

If you have a problem with that, gather it in a bucket and take it to your husband or father's house, Nigeria has pressing issues!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by chuksanambra: 4:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
Very good.

We can all now agree that her village people have finally finally finished work on her head. It's just for her to be displaying madness about.

There's a fine line between feminism, mischief, insanity and raving madness. She's making progress.

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by zinizta: 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2018
nature bestows it upon men to protect women and children .
This feminist movement is something i don't get.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by babeosisi: 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2018
When you receive a prayer request from an oyibo friend to pray for her sick dog na dat time you sabi say issues dey different different.

Please show me a topic that addresses real issues facing regular humans and I will have something to say

Some people are complaining that the meat on their plate is overcooked some other never see garri drink

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Restroom: 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2018
Because you have a problem yourself, that have not been diagnosed....by a psychiatrist!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
Muckross1122:
Nigerian novelist "Chimamanda adichie" in a recent interview said she have trouble with men holding the door for women.

"i think it is lovely thing to hold the door but we should hold the door for everyone, like i hold the door for men and women. So i think the idea of holding the door for a woman because she is a woman, i think i have trouble with it" She said

Watch The Interview Video Below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1G9uIgtMKo

Source:

http://nairaplus.com/2018/06/i-have-trouble-with-men-holding-the-door-for-women-chimamanda/

Reasonable. Only few people took time to read through.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by charain: 4:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
Speakdatruth:
This is no longer feminism, this is craziness. What happens to being a gentleman? How does it even look to go with your wife on a date and leave her to pull the door, pull the chair and co. Same applies to every woman out her, treat her right. It's common sense. This lady thinks she's all sufficient. Nonsense
You don't get her message like most people including this blogger. This isn't about girlfriend or boyfriend. There is a foreign culture where men hold swinging doors(not car) for random women but won't do so for men. That is what she is against.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Viergeachar: 4:34pm On Jun 07, 2018
This woman is just so confused. sad

Women like this can never be pleased.

I doubt her husband is a Nigerian. embarassed
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by CSTR1003: 4:34pm On Jun 07, 2018
chuksanambra:
Very good.

We can all now agree that her village people have finally finally finished work on her head. It's just for her to be displaying madness about.

There's a fine line between feminism, mischief, insanity and raving madness. She's making progress.
If the 2018 Harvard class day speaker is a victim of village people.

Then we should pray for such village people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 07, 2018
Don’t worry her own will soon be exposed like Liar-Linda-Ikeji. Telling young girls to be independent meanwhile collecting banana money from a big man in banana island

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by bukatyne(f): 4:36pm On Jun 07, 2018
johnbuck81:
her.

How does saying she has a problem with men holding doors for women equals she is forming James Bond?

If she said men MUST hold doors for women, some people will tag her as an entitled princess.

Besides, she is talking of a non-romantic relationship. I don't like men holding doors for women doesn't mean I don't like my husband to open the door for me.

Sighs.

@OP: I agree that we all should hold the doors for ourselves and do all other courteous things.

I am however indifferent towards whom men decide to open the doors for.

Na them get their hand.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Luckymay(f): 4:36pm On Jun 07, 2018
This woman should just go and look for book to write. Abi she's having "writers block" abi kini?

Or better still, start writing nursery rhymes for kindergarten kids if she no longer has anything to do with her time.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by raumdeuter: 4:37pm On Jun 07, 2018
She probably has a problem with women getting pregnant instead of men

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by bukatyne(f): 4:37pm On Jun 07, 2018
Follygunners:
Very true... Na the very ugly ones with all the fake Brazilian / Spanish hair, bleached-the-fvck-out skin bleachers et al... that expect me to do that. Real women know better... Real women know that doesn't translate to love. cool

Jupiter Thunder fire all those ugly women expecting guys to hold door for them. May those doors be slammed on their fingers! angry angry angry

Hmmmmm.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by yhungbrowhne(m): 4:39pm On Jun 07, 2018
read cool,and,interesting story on www.emperorblog.com.ng contact us for your professional WEB,DESIGN

NEED A BUSINESS IDEA
HERES 15
www.emperorblog.com.ng/need-a-business-
idea-here-is-15/
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Viergeachar: 4:39pm On Jun 07, 2018
CSTR1003:

It would have been hypocritical of her if she had campaigned for men opening doors for women as a culture.

You didnt get her point.

She is trying to say that whenever men hold the door for women, they are indirectly implying that women are the weaker sexxx - something she wants to foolishly challenge and fight with every fibre of her being. smiley

Nevertheless, women remain the weaker sexxx whether she likes it or not.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by bukatyne(f): 4:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
CSTR1003:

Which culture biko?

Chivalry has never been an African thing (at least as expressed by the whites) so I am always amused when a guy from Igbo Ora ot Ariara claims that feminism stopped chivalry.

In our culture, the weak/young always served the elder.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Abdulnur(m): 4:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
martyns303:
Holding the door open for a woman is not cos u think she is weak, it's a sign of respect, u honor ur woman enough to give her that courtesy.

Thumbs up sir.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Jabarzee(m): 4:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
chimamanda is an idiot
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Bryan12(m): 4:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
I don't have gender preferences when it comes to doing the right thing.I hold doors open for anyone a boy,a girl,an old lady,an oldboy etc.
I don't know why people like making a big deal out of nothing.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Evidora27: 4:45pm On Jun 07, 2018
She has come again....As I said before we should not Loose our feminism because we are fighting for feminism.....before was why Hilary had wife on her profile before any other accomplishments...now is this one......how is a man opening a door for a woman make her the weaker sex....I am a woman and my husband opening a door for me will not and should not make me feel week, rather it shows Love....
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Gerrard59(m): 4:47pm On Jun 07, 2018
So being chivalry has become a crime?

*Shakes head profusely*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! / New Story: 'anini Reloaded' By Ayis Eliboy / Most Popular Nigerian Authors On Amazon Books

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.