Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,209 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) (31156 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 07, 2018
foolish woman has a problem with everything
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Cuteamigo1(m): 4:48pm On Jun 07, 2018
she dint even say for me but she generalised. everybody must join you in your madness. what about the non-feminist women? dont you know they like it.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by naijacentric(m): 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2018
azraeljaheel:
This woman na two English words put together.... Way+ray WAYRAY..... undecided undecided undecided

blood lesbo forming feminist....

Not like I have anything against lesbos... Matter of fact love em die grin grin
bro are u sayin shes a lesbian i av been havin d feelin tho
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by billioniremind(m): 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2018
There is something definately wrong with chimammanda,this her gospel most not be allow to spread!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by ogorwyne(f): 4:51pm On Jun 07, 2018
RETIREDMUMU:
chimamaanda, kemi olunloyo and madness
billioniremind:
There is something definately wrong with chimammanda,this her gospel most not be allow to spread!
You definitely missed the message she preached here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by MrCork: 4:53pm On Jun 07, 2018
ogorwyne:

pls do u have nyansh? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by cenacasper(m): 4:53pm On Jun 07, 2018
OrestesDante:
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Na only literature sense you get. The rest sense no dey...

☣ ☠

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by shaibu123: 4:55pm On Jun 07, 2018
This girl chimamanda,Linda ikeji and co, are just deceiving young women.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Lekan1o1: 4:55pm On Jun 07, 2018
johnbuck81:
I swear...this woman no know were dey pain
her.

women like this are so loyal to their husband indoors while they come out forming James Bond deceiving other women.

Una go school at all..?
There is no time feminism means disrespecting ur husband or another man.
Why are Nigerian youths this dumb undecided cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Lekan1o1: 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
ogorwyne:

Dont mind them. This is why the leaders keeps decieving us.. I fear for the future of this country I swear because they youths arw getting dumber by day
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by SyberKate(f): 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
This woman should kuku go and do sexx change and become a man. I tire for all this her ranting. If she was still single and leaving in her parents house I seriously doubt if she will still have mouth to be saying all she says now.

Now she has it all husband, children, career, she's now forming I too know.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by dosh16(m): 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
Ellabae:
I think I like that. It's just part of being a gentleman cheesy

Thank you my dear! You have spoken well!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by sanpipita(m): 5:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
Nigerian men reacting angrily like they hold doors for their women, anyway this one na misyarn from Ms Adichie, we should be focusing on better things like voting buhari out who is even a misogynist.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by yourstar: 5:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
She de always get problem with everything o ginidi nwanyi�
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by livinbygrace: 5:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
This wan don dey crase small small
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Apelex(m): 5:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
Kyllahmc:
Women are trying so hard to do everything a man can do... meanwhile they are losing their value.
cos women aren't meant to do everything a man can do... they were actually meant to do everything a man can not do.

Well said
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by bikefab(m): 5:03pm On Jun 07, 2018
Ms Adichie certainly has academic sense given her literary strides but thats where it ends. I doubt if she has common sense
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Ellabae(f): 5:03pm On Jun 07, 2018
dosh16:

Thank you my dear! You have spoken well!
cool thanks

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by dosh16(m): 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2018
I've been listening to a lot about this gender equality stories and all. Some of the points have meaning, most others, I just find baseless.

When I come across things like this that aunty Amanda has just said, it makes me wonder. If women are to be painted so masculine, how then can men show so much love and affection

I shouldn't hold my gf or wife in my warm arms and stroke her hair because she is female? I should do that because we're in a relationship and I can do it to my male friends too?

I'm tired!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Yankee101: 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2018
This gal should grow a d*ck already!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2018
Women need to be cared for. They're fragile beings, not minding their drama at times which is peculiar to womenfolk though. If Chimamanda thinks otherwise, she should be allowed to do everything by herself, including washing her car, cutting the grass and so on. Yeye geh
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Ofodirinwa: 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2018
Speakdatruth:
This is no longer feminism, this is craziness. What happens to being a gentleman? How does it even look to go with your wife on a date and leave her to pull the door, pull the chair and co. Same applies to every woman out her, treat her right. It's common sense. This lady thinks she's all sufficient. Nonsense

did your grandfather do this nonsense for your grandmother?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 07, 2018
naijacentric:
bro are u sayin shes a lesbian i av been havin d feelin tho

Lol yeah... Shawty will have another babe she's smashing.... wink
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by ElsonMorali: 5:17pm On Jun 07, 2018
Very soon she'll question why women have to be the ones to carry pregnancy for 9months and why can't men share by carrying the pregnancy for at least four and half months too. angry

This one has lost her way.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Gggg102(m): 5:22pm On Jun 07, 2018
Viergeachar:

You didnt get her point.

She is trying to say that whenever men hold the door for women, they are indirectly implying that women are the weaker sexxx - something she wants to foolishly challenge and fight with every fibre of her being. smiley

Nevertheless, women remain the weaker sexxx whether she likes it or not.

That's wasn't her point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by ogorwyne(f): 5:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
MrCork:

pls do u have nyansh? cheesy
No I don't. I sit on my tummy undecided.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2018
johnbuck81:
her.

women like this are so loyal to their husband indoors while they come out forming James Bond deceiving other women.

Actually she's a true feminist its quite sexist even though it favours her, not all sexists act are harmful esp paying for dates just that most Nigerian ladies pick selective sexisms that doesn't pay them and embraces the ones that pays them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
ElsonMorali:
Very soon she'll question why women have to be the ones to carry pregnancy for 9months and why can't men share by carrying the pregnancy for at least four and half months too. angry

This one has lost her way.

That's biological she's questioning the act which is right, let mW bust your head, if a woman punches you and you don't punch her back because she's a woman that's equally sexist too especially if you really want to punch her but because she's a woman, though the escape route for that argument is that you shouldn't be punching anyone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by kingthreat(m): 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
pocohantas:
Sensational headline!

She said holding doors shouldn't be a gender thing. We should hold doors for each other, or anyone that needs such help...not just because she is a woman!

She went on to add that, in the event of danger---the first set of people to be evacuated should be those that are weak/unwell. Not only women and children.

Protect those that need protection, irrespective of their gender.

Lol in danger, and women and children are being evacuated. Will you stay back and say no, you'll be evacuated with the men? grin grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by tmosco(m): 5:37pm On Jun 07, 2018
pocohantas:
Sensational headline!

She said holding doors shouldn't be a gender thing. We should hold doors for each other, or anyone that needs such help...not just because she is a woman!

She went on to add that, in the event of danger---the first set of people to be evacuated should be those that are weak/unwell. Not only women and children.

Protect those that need protection, irrespective of their gender.

It should be a gender thing along with anyone that needs help. The fact is that no woman wants her husband to be treating her the way he treats his guys. It not everyone u are nice too, we are human. It just like a rich man to spend his money on everyone becoz it is d humane tin to do. Asking people to not do something unless dey do it for everyone is stupid and unreasonable. First starts small then graduate to d next level.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by linearity: 5:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
Hypocrites everywhere, upon all these never seen her jumping out and holding the car door for her husband or her driver!

These apart, I love her scholarly work and name mentions that she is bringing to Nigeria....but, I still believe in the notion that, you should practice what you preach.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
johnbuck81:
her.

Hahaha, reminds me of Beyoncé that came and sang Single Ladies for them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New Story: 'anini Reloaded' By Ayis Eliboy / Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! / Most Popular Nigerian Authors On Amazon Books

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.