Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,911 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide (66323 Views)

“I Hate Being Famous” Anthony Bourdain’s Final Texts Before Death Revealed / Late Anthony Bourdain And His Love For Nigerian Food (photos) / Anthony Bourdain, A CNN Presenter Commits Suicide (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by drakeli: 5:07pm On Jun 08, 2018
KwoiZabo:
That's True. My Brother just informed me from the US he is the Anchor of Culinary Journeys.
Don't misunderstand me, traveling abroad is good but life is not about all the glamour you see abroad, The Suicide rate in the US is over 10x that of Nigeria. Life is about fulfillment, you can have money and not fulfilled. If you can't leave the country, stay at home and make the most out of life. For me if given the opportunity, I will not leave Naija at least not for now. I have traveled to 3 countries but I don't intend to spend most of my life outside Nigeria. I love my life back home, more so I love the No of people whose life I touch back home. There's Joy behind the everyday hustle in Naija, remember, there's no satisfaction without hunger. RIP
The question we need to ask ourselves is, why is it that it’s the white folks that always commit suicide? Black folks that suffer more than most of them love their lives. They don’t commit suicide.
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by AkpaMgbor(m): 5:08pm On Jun 08, 2018
This IS America!
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by einsteine(m): 5:08pm On Jun 08, 2018
Maket:
God, please add the remaining years he is to spend before cutting it short to Mine. Thank you God because I see no reason that could justify this act.

Will you shurrup?
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by KK555: 5:09pm On Jun 08, 2018
Maket:
God, please add the remaining years he is to spend before cutting it short to Mine. Thank you God because I see no reason that could justify this act.

What if he was meant to die 5 years ago Bro, you just might have reduced your life span by 5 years.
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Katier00(f): 5:12pm On Jun 08, 2018
fabiano09:

Who feels it knows it
don't be surprise, it has to do with a woman or even midlife crisis. May God help us
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by INTEGRITYA1(m): 5:13pm On Jun 08, 2018
ojmaroni247:
shocked shocked... Na wah. This life wey sweet when you get money, na that time person end him own. Life is really a mystery.

Meanwhile I got a tokunbo 4tonnes Hyster Forklift for sale in Port Harcourt. Never been used in Nigeria before. Good for factories, industries and depots.

I can do 4.5m...its toks

Click for contact and pics.
https://www.nairaland.com/3999923/newly-imported-hyster-forklift-4t

Nice one Sir, in case comprehensive insurance is needed; I'm at your service.

Also, our real estate partner company lunch Estates in PH, you can team up and let explore the opportunities presented to us by 21st century together.
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 08, 2018
the void inside can't be filled by money, fame or status.

The nicest thing about most Africans especially Nigerians is they are the void itself so even depression fears them talkless of Oga suicide

Requicat in pace

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by lexy2014: 5:19pm On Jun 08, 2018
Maket:
I look at our lives in Africa with so much difficulty. People spend half of their lives in Africa fighting 2 find a living. Many struggle 2 feed&find purpose but they keep keeping on. Compare that with that with this guy who became all he could ever wanted in life. Was married twice, had a kid, was accomplished in his career, travelled d world, met world leaders, ate all kinds of food, impacted&brought joy 2 others, yet he still took his life. These oyibo people de wonder me

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Mikeross62: 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2018
Jesus Christ
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by enemyofprogress: 5:22pm On Jun 08, 2018
ojmaroni247:

Meanwhile I got a tokunbo 4tonnes Hyster Forklift for sale in Port Harcourt. Never been used in Nigeria before. Good for factories, industries and depots.

I can do 4.5m...its toks

Click for contact and pics.
https://www.nairaland.com/3999923/newly-imported-hyster-forklift-4t
you gree 250k?
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 08, 2018
KwoiZabo:
That's True. My Brother just informed me from the US he is the Anchor of Culinary Journeys.
Don't misunderstand me, traveling abroad is good but life is not about all the glamour you see abroad, The Suicide rate in the US is over 10x that of Nigeria. Life is about fulfillment, you can have money and not fulfilled. If you can't leave the country, stay at home and make the most out of life. For me if given the opportunity, I will not leave Naija at least not for now. I have traveled to 3 countries but I don't intend to spend most of my life outside Nigeria. I love my life back home, more so I love the No of people whose life I touch back home. There's Joy behind the everyday hustle in Naija, remember, there's no satisfaction without hunger. RIP

Another man who can't leave the shores of Nigeria praising mediocrity grin

It's hilarious when I see Nigerians type rubbish like this
Anyway I am Sure you have been denied visa multiple.times or banned from reapplying grin
This one is trying to console himself because he will.never be allowed into the states despite trying multiple times grin

Listen this is so old , we all know your type , a country like Nigeria where the people are do depressed that young people have no choice but to go with the flow of mediocrity
For your information suicide is on the increase in Nigeria check your national bureau for the data and at the current rates it's rising very soon Nigeria will be the number Rome suicide nation, not counting sucixe bombers o grin

That's how the other day one lecturer was blaming Western countries for the current suicide trend in Nigeria
grin

Please sometimes it pays to shut up than type no sense like this

No one begged you to leave Nigeria ! So why disturb everyone with this rubbish?
If you have been denied visa so many times don't commit suicide or go on an anti relocation rant stay in your village and sell fanyogo grin

Leave those relocating alone , some of us would be no where if not for the chances we got in developed countries

So use yours and remain in nnsuka or is it ibadan

Nobody asked you for your opinion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by victorazyvictor(m): 5:24pm On Jun 08, 2018
Is obvious the man like food, this is synonymous to men like that.
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Image123(m): 5:25pm On Jun 08, 2018
i'm 95% sure he was an atheist, that's their way.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by beautyhound(m): 5:29pm On Jun 08, 2018
Abjay97:
A lot of celebrities and big name artistes and people go through lots of depression.. but would never want to open up so as not to "embarass/vex/disappoint" fans..
For them suicide is the only way to escape..

suicide is not an escape but d after effect of depression
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:33pm On Jun 08, 2018
Life is beyond just making money and having fame. Life is about fulfillment. Many are rich but they are still sad.

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 08, 2018
maybe he smoked too much ganja, grin well..he will Rest in Valhalla!
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by ibkayee(f): 5:34pm On Jun 08, 2018
Maket:
You don't know what people are going through internally

RIP Anthony
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Tats(m): 5:35pm On Jun 08, 2018
I always thought that if any Westerner was planning to commit suicide, they should just take a trip to Africa or developing countries, spend some time with people and they would change their mind. But if this guy who has travelled round the world really did commit suicide, then I may give up on my thoughts!

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by john650(m): 5:42pm On Jun 08, 2018
I wonder if his suicide has anything to do with his work, like eating something he shouldn't have?

RIP man
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by xismo(m): 5:44pm On Jun 08, 2018
PMB is responsible.
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by ohiku4every1(m): 5:52pm On Jun 08, 2018
those idiots will still blame Buhari for this

Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by shine12: 5:57pm On Jun 08, 2018
I hope all you "Money is everything" people dey see.These guys have wealth,fame, social connection" no be hin de eat with Emir or Sultan so, but depressed inside.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by sulasa07(m): 6:00pm On Jun 08, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Kk

Afonjas r sayin RIP because he is oyibo If is a Blackman dey will say his a coward Afonja lyk dt Manna sellar asslickers
Ur brain cell is down to 1%,beta go and recharge b4 it dies off.
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 08, 2018
Katier00:
don't be surprise, it has to do with a woman or even midlife crisis. May God help us
yea we can only assume,but I think it was depression or an incurable disease, those are the 2 main causes of suicide.
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 08, 2018
angry

Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by SmartPolician: 6:05pm On Jun 08, 2018
guterKerl:
Sad. This guy can eat for Africa. Rest on.

And why are they all dying by suicide?

Where did u Nigerians pick up that for Africa phrase from?
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Btruth: 6:09pm On Jun 08, 2018
Abjay97:
A lot of celebrities and big name artistes and people go through lots of depression.. but would never want to open up so as not to "embarass/vex/disappoint" fans..
For them suicide is the only way to escape..
.....but been open to true friends, close family and most importantly to God can help one out of depression. All humans are subjected to depression at one stage in their lives, but it takes the grace of God and bravery to come out of it.

May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 08, 2018
KwoiZabo:
over 40k per yr. google

What is the figure that you provided?

So all your data is from Google? WHat about specific government agencies tasked with collating this information?
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 08, 2018
Earlier this week, Kate Spade.

Today, Anthony Bourdain.

I wish they had reached out for help.

May their souls rest in peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by eluquenson(m): 6:16pm On Jun 08, 2018
So sad
RIP

I love his program a lot

Anthony Bourdain, Parts Unknown
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by skales67(m): 6:17pm On Jun 08, 2018
The rotten gbegiri he ate when he came to Lagos was what drove him to suicide. RIP!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare / Makeup Free Bimbo Akintola And Her Cucumbers (Photos) / Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.