Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate (6970 Views)

My Almost Cheating Experience Today. / My Experience Today While Trying To Bleep An Aro Cultist Babe / Nigerian Man Says Men Are The Cause Of High Divorce Rate. See His Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by OLAJADON: 7:40pm On Jun 08, 2018
this happened this afternoon at my workplace, an argument occur between an old man(in is late 50s) and a lady(around 22 or 23).
what happened was that there is this particular guy the man said he doesnt want to see in our work environment although the two were joking but this lady doesn't know that so she was trying to see what the man will do and told the boy to come inside that the baba can not do anything.
This actually made the man angry and the decided to chase the boy out for real and still she was stubborn while trying to make a meanless point. this lead to a heated argument that the lady was extremely rude to this man that I had to try to beg the Bros to please overlook the girl's deed. My opinion:-
1) For this young lady to talk to an old man like that definitely that how she talk to her parent at home
2) I asked my self for this lady to behave like this I wonder how she will treat her husband's family especially her husband mother. most of the time you don't have to be right as a lady, but still you must learn to overlook things
3) Either she is right or not does this give her the audacity to insult a man that is up to your father's age if not older than your father just to prove a point.
4) This are the kind of women that go into marriage and run out claiming victim of domestic violence which I don't support in anyway.
5) Although I am posting this as an example I have had countless experiences, majority of the women we have nowadays have no respect for anyone. then how will they respect their husband or his family at large? please if this continue who are the women we will get married to?
I know we have good women but the rate at which women are refusing to be submissive is becoming alarming

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by agbonkamen(f): 8:00pm On Jun 08, 2018
so what is the solution

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by pocohantas(f): 8:03pm On Jun 08, 2018
So this is the reason for high divorce?

I know we have good women but the rate at which women are refusing to be submissive is becoming alarming

You know we have good women, yet you are asking us who you will marry? Find one of the good women and marry na.

Abi you think as you guys are swallowing tramadol and all sorts, we are not scared of marrying drug addicts that'll butcher us? undecided

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by ibkayee(f): 8:05pm On Jun 08, 2018
pocohantas:
Lmao he needs to cut it out

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by tee59(f): 8:05pm On Jun 08, 2018
What's my business?
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by pocohantas(f): 8:08pm On Jun 08, 2018
ibkayee:

We know them, we know where this is going grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 08, 2018
Respect is earned not something you acquire as a result of old age.

15 Likes

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 08, 2018
To Assume is to make an ass out of U & me tongue

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 08, 2018
DonPiiko:
Respect is earned not something you acquire as a result of old age.

You know it! I'll slap the shi out of a pensioner if they step to me grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 08, 2018
I swear down, old age don't trip me, just be civil and act your age.
LivingFree:

You know it! I'll slap the shi out of a pensioner if they step to me grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by shaybebaby(f): 8:12pm On Jun 08, 2018
OP's entire post is a mental fart.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Cinacci124: 8:16pm On Jun 08, 2018
On point my friend cry
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 08, 2018
OLAJADON:
this happened this afternoon at my workplace, an argument occur between an old man(in is late 50s) and a lady(around 22 or 23).
what happened was that there is this particular guy the man said he doesnt want to see in our work environment although the two were joking but this lady doesn't know that so she was trying to see what the man will do and told the boy to come inside that the baba can not do anything.
This actually made the man angry and the decided to chase the boy out for real and still she was stubborn while trying to make a meanless point. this lead to a heated argument that the lady was extremely rude to this man that I had to try to beg the Bros to please overlook the girl's deed. My opinion:-
1) For this young lady to talk to an old man like that definitely that how she talk to her parent at home
2) I asked my self for this lady to behave like this I wonder how she will treat her husband's family especially her husband mother. most of the time you don't have to be right as a lady, but still you must learn to overlook things
3) Either she is right or not does this give her the audacity to insult a man that is up to your father's age if not older than your father just to prove a point.
4) This are the kind of women that go into marriage and run out claiming victim of domestic violence which I don't support in anyway.
5) Although I am posting this as an example I have had countless experiences, majority of the women we have nowadays have no respect for anyone. then how will they respect their husband or his family at large? please if this continue who are the women we will get married to?

The office is not a village. People respect authority, not age.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by louken(m): 8:29pm On Jun 08, 2018
Op may not have presented his point well but there are elements of truth in what he said.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by OLAJADON: 8:36pm On Jun 08, 2018
oyb:

The office is not a village. People respect authority, not age.
I guess you are someone like that also you wouldn't mind talking rudely to your father's mate in your place of authority as well.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by OLAJADON: 8:38pm On Jun 08, 2018
pocohantas:

You know we have good women, yet you are asking us who you will marry? Find one of the good women and marry na.

Abi you think as you guys are swallowing tramadol and all sorts, we are not scared of marrying drug addicts that'll butcher us? undecided
yes we have bad men also just like in women
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by OLAJADON: 8:43pm On Jun 08, 2018
ibkayee:

because I was doing something so didn't really had time to analyse my point.
yes it a reason for high divorce rate, women like these get to their husband house and also feel they are always right(even when sometimes wrong), they would talk to the husband mother, sister or any other relative anyhow. please tell me which man would ever allowed that even if he settle down with her, will the marriage last.
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by shayubobo: 8:47pm On Jun 08, 2018
OLAJADON:

I guess you are someone like that also you wouldn't mind talking rudely to your father's mate in your place of authority as well.
What is this one trying to say??
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 08, 2018
when you see a young girl insulting a much older man thats old enuf to be her dad then know for sure they both having sex or the old man is toasting her cheesy
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by austyn0(m): 8:49pm On Jun 08, 2018
louken:
Op may not have presented his point well but there are elements of truth in what he said.
Exactly....This is the kinda thread you find senseless ladies opposing the poster without laying emphasis on the positive side of the message...

I can relate to what op narrated,, after I sighted a young girl incessantly insult an old man who happened to be a commercial bus driver over a mistake on her change,, there and then I decided you did better wrestle a lion than engage in a heated argument with a mannerless lady.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by OLAJADON: 8:50pm On Jun 08, 2018
shayubobo:
What is this one trying to say??
that what am saying, mannerless child I just pray you won't talk rudely to someone that will knack you charm one day.
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Jfyzee: 8:53pm On Jun 08, 2018
Abi you think as you guys are swallowing tramadol and all sorts, we are not scared of marrying drug addicts that'll butcher us?

So all men now take tramadol now.. um never knew that before.. undecided
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by pocohantas(f): 8:57pm On Jun 08, 2018
Jfyzee:
Abi you think as you guys are swallowing tramadol and all sorts, we are not scared of marrying drug addicts that'll butcher us?

So all men now take tramadol now.. um never knew that before.. undecided

So all women are rude?

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by IamPlato(m): 9:00pm On Jun 08, 2018
lefulefu:
when you see a young girl insulting a much older man thats old enuf to be her dad then know for sure they both having sex or the old man is toasting her cheesy

Hahahahahaha.

Funny Enough This Is A Valid Point
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 08, 2018
IamPlato:

Hahahahahaha.

Funny Enough This Is A Valid Point
very valid my brother cheesy
a 68 yr old man that will go about shamelesly chasing 15-16 yr old girls and dey grab their azz and boobi...how do u expect such girls to respect him cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Ishilove: 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2018
Op, first of all your syntax is atrocious. I had a hard time following your narrative because of the lack of proper punctuation marks that pushed your presentation to the edge of incoherence.

Second, you have made the abominable error of generalisation. A rude lady does not represent the entire feminine gender, and how you managed to link a workplace altercation between two adults to the high rate of divorce in modern Nigerian society baffles me and has left me scratching my head.

I thus agree with shaybebaby that your article is a stinky mental fart, fouling up the atmosphere sorrounding logic and commons sense, and leading me to the conclusion that many Nairaland youths are irreedambly puerile and are always quick to write jejune epistles on things they no little about.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by IamPlato(m): 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2018
lefulefu:

very valid my brother cheesy
a 68 yr old man that will go about shamelesly chasing 15-16 yr old girls and dey grab their azz and boobi...how do u expect such girls to respect him cheesy

Thats The Problem Some Of My Friends Are Facing. They Have Toasted Teenage Girls too Much and Now Its Hard For Them To Get The Respect they Deserve
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by LordKO(m): 9:15pm On Jun 08, 2018
@OP

You and the said old man ought to have known that politeness begets dignity, while dignity begets respect, and of course respect is reciprocal.

Don't expect submissiveness from a sane woman (or any sane person) when you undignify yourself. A person that has self-dominion can't be caught rewarding disloyalty with loyalty. So next time don't automatically mistake a woman that has self-dominion, and rightfully exercise same, for a presumptuous one.

The man expected submission (not submissiveness) from her, but unfortunately for him he wasn't in an authoritative position to boss her around. One can only submit to his/her boss or a dictator. It was a case of uncivil/domineering man vs a lady with self-dominion, so it's wrong for you/anyone to use such scenario alone to conclude that she's a presumptuous woman - she may or may not be.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by pocohantas(f): 9:15pm On Jun 08, 2018
Ishilove:
Op, first of all your syntax is atrocious. I had a hard time following your narrative because of the lack of proper punctuation marks that pushed your presentation to the edge of incoherence.

Second, you have made the abominable error of generalisation. A rude lady does not represent the entire feminine gender, and how you managed to link a workplace altercation between two adults to the high rate of divorce in modern Nigerian society baffles me and has left me scratching my head.

I thus agree with shaybebaby that your article is a stinky mental far, fouling up the atmosphere sorrounding logic and commons sense, and leading me to the conclusion that many Nairaland youths are irreedambly puerile and are always quick to write jejune epistles on things they no little about.

Ah. Nawa o.
See as you just use grammar dey play.

8 Likes

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by zicoraads: 9:17pm On Jun 08, 2018
Ishilove:

I thus agree with shaybebaby that your article is a stinky mental far, fouling up the atmosphere sorrounding logic and commons sense, and leading me to the conclusion that many Nairaland youths are irreedambly puerile and are always quick to write jejune epistles on things they no little about.
Many Nairaland youths? Isn't that the same generalisation you preached against in your second paragraph?

I didn't even bother to read it. At a time I'm trying to develop myself, I cannot purposely put my brain on reverse by reading any of that.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by zicoraads: 9:19pm On Jun 08, 2018
pocohantas:

Ah. Nawa o.
See as you just use grammar dey play.
You should think about opening a blog. Your fame on Nairaland has hit the roof. The way I see you being quoted on threads is crazy. You always literally take all the attention away from any thread with any comment you make.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Finstar: 9:24pm On Jun 08, 2018
Ishilove:

You're not competing with anyone on grammar usage. Please communicate.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Tallest Ashawo Tree In Okpara LG, Benin City. / If You Catch Your Woman In Bed With Another Man Weytin U Go Do?? / Why Ladies Prefer To Date Married Men Than Single Guys.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.