Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment (18546 Views)

Alex Otti's Campaign Council Chairman, Nnanna Ngwu Is Dead / Soludo's Son, Ozonna Disassociates Himself From Soludo's Letter To Peter Obi / Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Odingo1: 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2018
BelovedBuhari:
Ape-faced buffoon.

He only expressed what a typical Ipob thinks about Yoruba people, borne out of hatred, bitterness, grudge and bile.

When you have too many people say bad about you behind you, then you know you are greater than they can ever hope to be.

Sai Baba

PMB till 2023

Who lose, if Yoruba like make dem make PMB life president of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by oooduancalmdown: 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2018
If you want Biafra, go and meet your leaders. You can't be agitating for a separate country while at the same time complaining bitterly about who another tribe wish to vote for.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Amalekki: 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Thank you my guy. This is one thing I don't like about many igbo people online. They will overpraise the achievements of a few and make it look like all of them are just the best.

To my Igbo people, a retard among them is equal to other tribes and races and their geniuses are like gods.

If you cannot view this post objectively then please don't make a fool of yourself by quoting and insulting me. Just ignore it.

This culture of arrogance has to stop among the igbos to reduce the hate other tribes have for them.

I am igbo but my achievements are not because of my language or culture. But because of who I am as a person
The problem is illiteracy and it's not limited to one section of the country. Not many are fortunate to school & mix with people from different places so they think their village genius is world's best. If you pass through a federal government college, a missionary/private school, a university & then NYSC you would know that brilliance has nothing to do with tribe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Odingo1: 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
oooduancalmdown:
If you want Biafra, go and meet your leaders. You can't be agitating for a separate country while at the same time complaining bitterly about who another tribe wish to vote for.

If your tribe want let them make PMB life president of Nigeria.

Ilorin is gone next na lagos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by gurunlocker: 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
CilicMarin:
Until he is sacked and the entire editorial team overhauled, Yorubas are not going to forget nor forgive.

Vanguard has been consistent in assisting that section of the country to dish out hate speeches towards other ethnic groups in Nigeria since the fall of Jonathan's government.

They did it in the hey days of that Lunatic-Nnamdi Cownu ill-advised agitation.

They did it with INNOSON's Case with GTB.

They do it anytime somebody from the east is charged with crime, no matter the prima facie that may have been established by the prosecutor against the accused.

They rally people against the government through lies and falsehood.

But with this reckless comment from one their trainees against the peace loving Yoruba ethnic group, THEY HAVE FINALLY MET THEIR WATERLOO.

Do you know how many times you've abused other tribes? Now you are masturbating because someone made a comment once which you've done yourself thousand times?

Do you know you've even done what you are shouting about in this your post?

I was expecting your to call vanguard newspaper "IPOB NEWSPAPER" like you always do with your life.

Please check your brain!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
CilicMarin:
Until he is sacked and the entire editorial team overhauled, Yorubas are not going to forget nor forgive.

Vanguard has been consistent in assisting that section of the country to dish out hate speeches towards other ethnic groups in Nigeria since the fall of Jonathan's government.

They did it in the hey days of that Lunatic-Nnamdi Cownu ill-advised agitation.

They did it with INNOSON's Case with GTB.

They do it anytime somebody from the east is charged with crime, no matter the prima facie that may have been established by the prosecutor against the accused.

They rally people against the government through lies and falsehood.

But with this reckless comment from one their trainees against the peace loving Yoruba ethnic group, THEY HAVE FINALLY MET THEIR WATERLOO.

Anyone can goof. The good thing is that the Newspaper management has come out to dissociate itself from the outburst. Calling for a boycott of the paper is insensitive,misdirected and irrational as the man in the eye of the storm does not own Vanguard Newpaper neither is he the editor.
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by oooduancalmdown: 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
Odingo1:

If your tribe want let them make PMB life president of Nigeria.
Ilorin is gone next na lagos
Ibo man, na your wahala be that

1 Like

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by gurunlocker: 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2018
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by RuthlessLeader(m): 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2018
Amalekki:

The problem is illiteracy and it's not limited to one section of the country. Not many are fortunate to school & mix with people from different places so they think their village genius is world's best. If you pass through a federal government college, a missionary/private school, a university & then NYSC you would know that brilliance has nothing to do with tribe.
Thank you very much. I have the opportunity of growing up and living in lagos and I learn in an environment filled with people oc different culture, gender and faith. I have come to realise that tribalism, racism and sexism are constructs of a scared and immature mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by gurnam: 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2018
This one will be make a scapegoat for other recalcitrant Ibo bigots like him

3 Likes

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by iamjavadem(m): 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2018
Statement was made in Facebook not twitter. Stop visiting fake news sites.
e7ejinima:
Ochereome has already debunked the statement himself. He said his Twitter account was hacked.

He never made such statement.

3 Likes

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by arsenal33: 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2018
e7ejinima:
Ochereome has already debunked the statement himself. He said his Twitter account was hacked.

He never made such statement.
Why did Vanguard apologise?

4 Likes

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by oooduancalmdown: 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2018
Buhari till 2023. Sai baba. We love you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by e7ejinima: 3:57pm On Jun 09, 2018
iamjavadem:
Statement was made in Facebook not twitter. Stop visiting fake news sites.

Ok then. The Facebook account was hacked. Happy now?

Simple. It's very easy to handle sophisticated morĂ²ns. I swear to you that that phrase will stick for a long time.

The Facebook account was hacked though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by oooduancalmdown: 3:59pm On Jun 09, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Thank you very much. I have the opportunity of growing up and living in lagos and I learn in an environment filled with people oc different culture, gender and faith. I have come to realise that tribalism, racism and sexism are constructs of a scared and immature mind.
Story! The iboe bastard will live to regret insulting a big race like Yoruba. His flat-head will become more flattened very soon.
Foolish old bastard.

2 Likes

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by frleopardo: 3:59pm On Jun 09, 2018
Omololu007:
so if buhari make such a comment against yeebos,I hope you will say this same thing.
The one he called us 5% what have we done or said. Didn't you guys use it to taunt us?
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by wirinet(m): 4:03pm On Jun 09, 2018
frleopardo:
The one he called us 5% what have we done or said. Didn't you guys use it to taunt us?

Show me where Buhari called igbos 5%.

2 Likes

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Nigga44: 4:06pm On Jun 09, 2018
winterfell007:
my Igbo brothers are too sentimental and filled with negative emotions that seems to be beclouding their sense of good discernment. that's why presidency will continue to elude us until we understand that politics is about partnership not arrogance. As an Igbo man, I apologise to all my fellow South-western brothers from the west side. please forgive him, he was under the influence of 'cheap weed'
Afonja be proud of who you are and where you come from.
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by BabaIbo: 4:07pm On Jun 09, 2018
I am just observing...
He's not the first person that have done it, CNN (staffs) did it with Trump and nobody was sacked.
Some yoruba leaders did it in the past and nothing happened.
Let the man be please
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Akanapiaigwe: 4:10pm On Jun 09, 2018
[s]
omenka:
Good one from the paper.. They should take further punitive steps against the fool. Such behavior should have no place in corporate journalism.
[/s]
shatap there and get out
you don't have opinion
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Akanapiaigwe: 4:12pm On Jun 09, 2018
Ojiofor:

A ranting of an Ngeneukwuenu means absolutely nothing.
absolutely nothing just like omenka
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by wirinet(m): 4:12pm On Jun 09, 2018
BabaIbo:
I am just observing...
He's not the first person that have done it, CNN (staffs) did it with Trump and nobody was sacked.
Some yoruba leaders did it in the past and nothing happened.
Let the man be please

No CNN staff can insult a whole ethnic group and still keep his job the very next day.

ABC networks sacked Rosanna Barr the day after she made a racial remark.
Give a example of one Yoruba media professional, political figure or leader that had insulted Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Dareal90s(m): 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2018
Odingo1:

Who lose, if Yoruba like make dem make PMB life president of Nigeria.
That's it, IMO state now collapsing, who's really lose?
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by franchasng: 4:16pm On Jun 09, 2018
Oba Akiolu abi whatever his name is said worst and the earth didn't fall, so nothing will happen!

Buhari a strong Abacha supporter supported the annulment of June 12 1993 presidential election which denied Abiola the presidential seat and led to his eventual death. Now that election is drawing near, with OBJ and IBB being bold enough to tell Buhari that he has failed Nigerians that had high hopes in him rescuing Nigeria and advising him not to run for second term, now Tinubu and co quickly advised Buhari to recognize late MKO as Winner of June 12 1993 presidential election and confer him with GCFR title in the grave just to ridicule OBJ and IBB and to garner Yoruba people votes and support come 2019 presidential election and young Yoruba people are falling for the gimmick already, isn't that laughable

That man told Yorubas the simple, bitter truth, instead of wasting time fighting him, go home and think about his message....when will Yorubas wake up from their slumber

Your elders are beginning to open eyes from their past mistakes but Young Yorubas refuse to learn from history but keep following greedy, opportunist Tinubu who is only interested in his wealth enlargement and further enrichment of his family and lineage....make una continue sha, I blame Lord Lugard and the British government, not you guys fault at all sad angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by franchasng: 4:18pm On Jun 09, 2018
wirinet:

No CNN staff can insult a whole ethnic group and still keep his job the very next day.

Give a example of one Yoruba media professional, political figure or leader that had insulted Igbos.
Oba Akiolu, have you people dethroned him for his wicked tribalistic comment against Igbos in 2015 Some of you young Yorubas are very annoying hypocrists

1 Like

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by odduduwa: 4:18pm On Jun 09, 2018
wirinet:

oba akiolu
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by odduduwa: 4:24pm On Jun 09, 2018
oluoni:
Lol.. Nnamdi cownu scammed them took advantage of their bitterness and tribalism now the dude is in Ghana chilling eating pizza and carrying olosho.. Awon dindinrin
this your response is the reason this ibo man called us sophisticated morons how on earth will you believe nnamdi is in Ghana,no pix,no video

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by armadeo(m): 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
Ocherome nnana is an unrepentant tribal bigot ethnic jingoist.

I stopped reading his column years ago cos if it's not Igbo then has not talking about it. ( ptsd of civil war?)

I wasn't surprised he made this statement and I am shocked that vanguard let this guy get away with it for so long. Everything is igbo igbo igbo. For a national newspaper?

Let's see how this plays out. Probably a slap on the wrist.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Deploys 16 Warships To Guard Oil Installations / Lamido Of Adamawa Dumps Atiku, Endorses President Buhari (video) / Tinubu: I Didn't Disparage Osogbo People, My Comments Were Twisted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.