Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,471 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment (18541 Views)

Alex Otti's Campaign Council Chairman, Nnanna Ngwu Is Dead / Soludo's Son, Ozonna Disassociates Himself From Soludo's Letter To Peter Obi / Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by SoNature(m): 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
SuperS1Panther:
Vanguard is an hate promoting sectional political party oriented and tribaliatic media organization that is well known for its myopic reportage.

Please go and work on your H-Factor before ranting online

Mtchwww

1 Like

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Iceberg3: 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2018
CilicMarin:
Until he is sacked and the entire editorial team overhauled, Yorubas are not going to forget nor forgive.

Vanguard has been consistent in assisting that section of the country to dish out hate speeches towards other ethnic groups in Nigeria since the fall of Jonathan's government.

They did it in the hey days of that Lunatic-Nnamdi Cownu ill-advised agitation.

They did it with INNOSON's Case with GTB.

They do it anytime somebody from the east is charged with crime, no matter the prima facie that may have been established by the prosecutor against the accused.

They rally people against the government through lies and falsehood.

But with this reckless comment from one their trainees against the peace loving Yoruba ethnic group, THEY HAVE FINALLY MET THEIR WATERLOO.

S.M, pls do yourself a favor,lagoonate yourself and stop foaming

grin

1 Like

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Iceberg3: 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
SuperS1Panther:
Vanguard is an hate promoting sectional political party oriented and tribaliatic media organization that is well known for its myopic reportage.

The barbaric view of their Osu Chairman is not different from that of the majority Osus and Ojukwus and we are not surprised.

If I am a sophisticated moro.n for getting what I have been clamouring for for over 20years, then you are an eternal barbaric slave for not getting anything despite your agitations following the defeats of your rebel fathers and uncles in 1970 with 3million useless gullible souls led to their Golgotha by one cowardly sissy bandits Lord in the name of Ojukwu.

Awon omo iran ajeniyan --- Clifford Orji on my mind.

Where is that there lunatic albino fake jewish messiah Nnamdi Kunnu?. Just one gun shot they all went into hibernation mode. Shameless pigidiotic Osus of the federal republic of Nigeria. Biafra ko Biafrau.d ni.

The whole of Nigeria voted for MKO in their usual myopic manner they were the only ones that voted against him. We are now wondering why they are pained with the declaration on June 12. They are born losers and they have never won any agitation they ever fought for. Not one. You are our defeated and conquered slaves, that is the way it is and that is how it will be forever.

another highly S M
grin
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2018
Shut the fvck up! If you want to vote for Buhari next year, do so and leave Igbos out of your idiocy

resurgent2019:
So when will he be relieved of his duties? undecided

The igbo people just gave Buhari a 2nd term on a platter of gold. The nation has no choice but to suffer for the hate of the igbos.
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by franchasng: 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2018
Nigeria is not one and can never be united, and we all know it but keep pretending as if all is well when all is not well.

How can u bring oil, water and grease and try to mix them together, they can never mix!

If South Korea and North Korea remained as one nation, North Korea would have destroyed the progress of South Korea such that we wouldnt have seen a prosperous South Korea we see today.

Sometimes to have peace and respect for each other as a family, u need separation so each family member lives far and respect each other and progress at their own pace.

I pray Niger Delta crude oil dries up soon and I pray crude oil becomes very useless so that Yorubas and Hausas can now have the gut to accept peaceful division of Nigeria for every region that desires to go their separate way to go in peace, because I know that it is crude oil that's making Hausa, Fulani and Yorubas to fight and ready to die to keep failed Nigeria as one failed nation.

Mark my words today, Nigeria will never exist as one nation in at most 100yrs to come from today.

We are too different, too separated to live as one nation.

Cheating, wickedness, marginalization and ethnic bigotry in leadership, national politics, national issues are too much for Nigeria to continue as one peaceful, prosperous nation.

No matter the person Nigerians elect as president, Nigeria won't progress unless they restructure the system to make every region independent and make federal government less powerful, if not, we will keep wasting our time for nothing.

And since Yorubas love Hausa-Fulanis so much and hate Igbos so much, why can't Yorubas call their best friend Hausa-Fulani and tell them, let's allow these useless, troublesome Igbo people to go and form their own country so we can have peace and live as one peaceful Nigeria without Igbos Why can't they do that and have peace and even have the right to now order Igbos to leave their regions as ordered by their Lagos Oba Akiolu in 2015

Yorubas just want to be using Igbos to do friendship with gworo chewing Hausa-Fulanis, it won't last forever sha, so continue angry angry
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Iceberg3: 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2018
Nightwolf1:
The man just like many of his kind across board are senseless and wicked by nature..

Oba lil wayne comes to mind.

yes,you all s m shud jump insai lagoon if u cant bear the truthful pain grin
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Iceberg3: 4:34pm On Jun 09, 2018
resurgent2019:
So when will he be relieved of his duties? undecided

The igbo people just gave Buhari a 2nd term on a platter of gold. The nation has no choice but to suffer for the hate of the igbos.

the Igbos and us,SS,have evolved to weather any storm. The Igbos did it post civil war. So its only ur s m region that will sufa..
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Sanchez01: 4:37pm On Jun 09, 2018
I'll be waiting to read 'Hard Ball' from Mr. Gbenga Omotosho of The Nation on Thursday. This isn't ending soon grin

1 Like

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2018
Throwback:

I am of the opinion that he is entitled to his private conversation, as many on this forum are entitled to same to which they do so without restraint.

The only problem is he was too stupid not to realise he did not have anonymity.

One then wonders who truly is the moro.n?

the man is the chairman of the editorial board. while it is crystal clear to most of us that vanguard has skewed 95% to pdp from the days of the Johnathan administration

this is this fools roseanne moment. he has been running his mouth for so long without any consequences.

let them sack him so he can go and helm biafran times. that seems more suited to his mentality.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Throwback: 4:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
oyb:

the man is the chairman of the editorial board. while it is crystal clear to most of us that vanguard has skewed 95% to pdp from the days of the Johnathan administration

this is this fools roseanne moment. he has been running his mouth for so long without any consequences.

let them sack him so he can go and helm biafran times. that seems more suited to his mentality.

Apparently he became too used to such lifestyle of speaking anyhow.

I have read through his Facebook post.

Such opinions should not be found on the wall of a news editorial chair.

2 Likes

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by BabaIbo: 4:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
wirinet:

No CNN staff can insult a whole ethnic group and still keep his job the very next day.

ABC networks sacked Rosanna Barr the day after she made a racial remark.
Give a example of one Yoruba media professional, political figure or leader that had insulted Igbos.

Are you for real?
Oba Akiolu, Wole Soyinka, Abraham Ariyo that called himself a cardiologist are they from Congo republic?
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by armadeo(m): 4:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
franchasng:
Nigeria is not one and can never be united, and we all know it but keep pretending as if all is well when all is not well.

How can u bring oil, water and grease and try to mix them together, they can never mix!

If South Korea and North Korea remained as one nation, North Korea would have destroyed the progress of South Korea such that we wouldnt have seen a prosperous South Korea we see today.

Sometimes to have peace and respect for each other as a family, u need separation so each family member lives far and respect each other and progress at their own pace.

I pray Niger Delta crude oil dries up soon and I pray crude oil becomes very useless so that Yorubas and Hausas can now have the gut to accept peaceful division of Nigeria for every region that desires to go their separate way to go in peace, because I know that it is crude oil that's making Hausa, Fulani and Yorubas to fight and ready to die to keep failed Nigeria as one failed nation.

Mark my words today, Nigeria will never exist as one nation in at most 100yrs to come from today.

We are too different, too separated to live as one nation.

Cheating, wickedness, marginalization and ethnic bigotry in leadership, national politics, national issues are too much for Nigeria to continue as one peaceful, prosperous nation.

No matter the person Nigerians elect as president, Nigeria won't progress unless they restructure the system to make every region independent and make federal government less powerful, if not, we will keep wasting our time for nothing.

And since Yorubas love Hausa-Fulanis so much and hate Igbos so much, why can't Yorubas call their best friend Hausa-Fulani and tell them, let's allow these useless, troublesome Igbo people to go and form their own country so we can have peace and live as one peaceful Nigeria without Igbos Why can't they do that and have peace and even have the right to now order Igbos to leave their regions as ordered by their Lagos Oba Akiolu in 2015

Yorubas just want to be using Igbos to do friendship with gworo chewing Hausa-Fulanis, it won't last forever sha, so continue angry angry

Honestly I am all for peaceful separation of this country. We need to move on and together we end up dragging ourselves backwards.

There's some shit that goes in that even we aren't aware of. We just hassle over igbo yoruba and fulani.

I hope biafra becomes a reality and more importantly successful that may make we for a better dissolution of Nigeria and everybody farm your land.

It's as easy as that. But the powers that be will not per not happen. Never.

So we await another foregone conclusion of an election.
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by intruxive(m): 4:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
This guy must be sacked and vanguard print an apology on its front page
He has been doing this for long, check his facebook page angry
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by wirinet(m): 4:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
BabaIbo:

Are you for real?
Oba Akiolu, Wole Soyinka, Abraham Ariyo that called himself a cardiologist are they from Congo republic?

I said post the comment of Obama Akiolu and Wole Soyinka insulting the Igbos, so we can compare and contrast. I honestly do not know Abraham Ariyo and his position in Nigeria or what organization he leads.

You are telling me mr Ocherome is retaliating for comments made by Oba Akiolu and Wole Soyinka.

2 Likes

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by RandyLewis(m): 4:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
CilicMarin:
Until he is sacked and the entire editorial team overhauled, Yorubas are not going to forget nor forgive.

Vanguard has been consistent in assisting that section of the country to dish out hate speeches towards other ethnic groups in Nigeria since the fall of Jonathan's government.

They do it anytime somebody from the east is charged with crime, no matter the prima facie that may have been established by the prosecutor against the accused.

But with this reckless comment from one their trainees against the peace loving Yoruba ethnic group, THEY HAVE FINALLY MET THEIR WATERLOO.
Bleep Yourubas and their forgiveness
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by computer0810(m): 4:55pm On Jun 09, 2018
indemnityy:
Yoruba's are easily tricked by Buhari, they are worst than slowpoke.
what is ur business if we r being trick

1 Like

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by BabaIbo: 5:03pm On Jun 09, 2018
wirinet:

I said post the comment of Obama Akiolu and Wole Soyinka insulting the Igbos, so we can compare and contrast. I honestly do not know Abraham Ariyo and his position in Nigeria or what organization he leads.

You are telling me mr Ocherome is retaliating for comments made by Oba Akiolu and Wole Soyinka.

FYI he is not the one that made the post, he only commented "more like sophisticated mOrO.n" on the post, he didn't mention any tribe's name and it's a private discussion unlike that of your leaders that were made openly and directly to Igbos.

Back to your quote, don't tell me you are a S.M. cheesy grin...

The point is Abraham Ariyo made the H.S and it trended, telling me you don't know him doesn't hold any water because he's a human just like Mr Ocherome (no double standard).
Wait, do you expect me to go and get the full text of Oba Akiolu, Wole Soyinka's hate speech when you can search about it on Google and do the comparison yourself

1 Like

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by middlebelter(m): 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2018
To be honest I may not disagree with all the man post there but I don't expect him to attack the Yoruba race and GTB bank. Innoson for instance is not only been patronised by Igbo nor loved only by the Igbos. For instance, I know I love the man and the effort he's making in the auto industry.However if a case of disagreement emanates between him and GTB, I think the court should be allowed to decide without making it sentimental.
His hatred for the Yorubas as publicly displayed on his Facebook wall is most unfortunate. If at his level he's still generalising an entire race, he must certainly be a small mind.

Vanguard should go extra mile to convince the general public that his opinion is not only at variance with thier value but also separate him from thier payroll.

1 Like

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by alen4smith(m): 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2018
e7ejinima:
Ochereome has already debunked the statement himself. He said his Twitter account was hacked.

He never made such statement.
damage control.
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Efewestern: 5:14pm On Jun 09, 2018
Sanchez01:
I'll be waiting to read 'Hard Ball' from Mr. Gbenga Omotosho of The Nation on Thursday. This isn't ending soon grin

Where you hide since.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by irrefragable: 5:15pm On Jun 09, 2018
This thing pain afonjas sha...

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Rilwayne001: 5:18pm On Jun 09, 2018
indemnityy:
Yoruba's are easily tricked by Buhari, they are worst than slowpoke.

Says a frustrated ipob dunce.

3 Likes

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by wirinet(m): 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2018
BabaIbo:

FYI he is not the one that made the post, he only commented "more like sophisticated mOrO.n" on the post, he didn't mention any tribe's name and it's a private discussion unlike that of your leaders that were made openly and directly to Igbos.

Back to your quote, don't tell me you are a S.M. cheesy grin...
Wait, do you expect me to go and get the full text of Oba Akiolu, Wole Soyinka's hate speech when you can search about it on Google and do the comparison yourself

Terrible defense. Mr Ocherome was obviously referring to Yorubas when he said sophisticated morons. You need to read the chat again in the context of the discussion.

If you are too lazy to use Google to search for the contentious statement of Oba Akiolu prior to the 2015 elections, I will help you. I know Nigerian youths are renowned to be lazy.

Here is the report;

“On Saturday, if anyone of you goes against the Ambode I picked, that is your end. If it doesn’t happen within seven days, just know that I’m a bastard and it is not my father who born me,” Mr. Akiolu told the gathering."

"The one you have done before, he’s my son. Jonathan is my son and I speak to him every day. But, this Saturday, by the grace of God almighty Allah, I am the owner of Lagos and the owner of this…for the time being.”

"On Saturday, if anyone of you, I swear in the name of God almighty Allah, goes against my wish that Ambode, insha Allahu, will be the next governor of Lagos State, the person is going to die inside this water.”

"I’m not ready to beg, appeal to anybody o. And that’s why Asiwaju and the governor said, I said that is your own. Even the two of them they cannot disobey me. Nobody knew how I picked Ambode. Jimi (Agbaje) is my blood relation and I told him in a plain language he can never be governor in Lagos for now."
- https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/180738-igbo-leaders-applauded-oba-of-lagos-as-he-delivered-anti-igbo-speech.html

Please note, the Igbos leaders at the end of the speech applauded the Obas speech. It was those who were hundreds or even thousands of miles away in foreign capitals that were screaming the loudest.

Now, tell me where the Oba said he will kill Igbos or order the killing of Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by docadams: 5:30pm On Jun 09, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

Did your werey oba of lagos resign when he made a worse comments about igbos

See one of your sheep, he doesn't even know its shepherd.
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by kikake: 5:38pm On Jun 09, 2018
CilicMarin:
Detail later.

lalasticlala

Mynd44

Gbenga Adefaye Sir.

FYI, you don't pretend you can find angels in hell. Given the rogue political structure of Nigeria created by northern soldiers to favour Fulani-controlled northern region, a goat from northern region can easily win a most learned presidential material like Gbenga Adefayi or Nnanna Ocheromee from the southern regions. Nigeria is hell itself deriving from the inequity institutionalized in the country through the skewed and lopsided political structure created by northern soldiers. The same northern soldiers wearing AK-47 rifles supervised the 1999 constitution which legitimizes the political structure and quasi unitary govt system with the fake democratic institutions that support them.

In a country formed by diverse regions, land mass is never used as criterion to determine how many new states or provinces or local government areas, can be created in any region.

RESTRUCTURE NIGERIA DEMOCRATICALLY BEFORE THE 2019 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, IF NOT, SEE BELOW FOR THE STANCE OF MAJORITY OF IGBOS:
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Nightwolf1: 5:39pm On Jun 09, 2018
Iceberg3:

yes,you all s m shud jump insai lagoon if u cant bear the truthful pain grin

Very much like this man who told the truth.
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Sanchez01: 5:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
Efewestern:

Where you hide since.. grin
Efeoghene, Oniovo! I've been around o, just quiet. SEO of one of my sites have turned me into a passive fellow. Been a while. How have you been?
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Efewestern: 6:00pm On Jun 09, 2018
Sanchez01:

Efeoghene, Oniovo! I've been around o, just quiet. SEO of one of my sites have turned me into a passive fellow. Been a while. How have you been?

Oshare we just they one way, I will inbox you later, gat some little questions to ask. lemme stop here.
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Ojiofor: 6:15pm On Jun 09, 2018
Akanapiaigwe:
absolutely nothing just like omenka

For sure bro.

1 Like

Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by hush15: 6:23pm On Jun 09, 2018
CilicMarin:

which waterloo abeg, they guy is right jare.
Re: Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment by Guestlander: 6:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
There's nothing private about posts you make on social media. Private conversation is what you make in private with people you know not on social media.

This newspaper is probably trying to find an excuse to retain this bigot.
He must be fired otherwise the newspaper will also be held accountable.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day / We Must Tax The Rich Mercilessly – Aregbesola / APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.