Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,564 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? (15478 Views)

Apostle Kenneth Kenny Kills A Dog, Eats It Raw In Church And Feeds Members / Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? / Where Will Mad People Go To: Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Omooba77: 8:12am On Jun 10, 2018
Why do people go other places like herbalists and palm readers; even after praying in church?
Is it lack of faith?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by bennymark(m): 8:15am On Jun 10, 2018
Why do you have NEPA, generator and even solar inverter?

182 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by fulaniHERDSman(m): 8:15am On Jun 10, 2018
Because only very few people fear God

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 10, 2018
Why do you use MTN, Airtel & Glo?

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Kenneth4u205(m): 8:29am On Jun 10, 2018
Because the church today is not functioning in it fullness.some church focus only on the word.while some focus only on holiness.while some focus only on prophecy .while some focus only on prosperity.while some focus only on healing .while others only on miracles.Another on deliverance.That was never the plan of God for the church.God want his church to flow on all this at the same time .don't just focus on one area and neglect the other.preach the word of holiness and prosperity,then go ahead to heal the sick ,cast out demons and give prophecy to those that need directions.

92 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:29am On Jun 10, 2018
Omooba77:
Why do people go other places like herbalists and palm readers; even after praying in church?
Is it lack of faith?

ASK THEM.. THAT'S THE NEW TREND.

WORST PART IS THEY SECRETLY GO TO HERBALISTS.. BUT CRITICIZE OTHERS WHO GO TO HERBALISTS.

HYPOCRISY EVERYWHERE! grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Cmyname(m): 8:33am On Jun 10, 2018
Lack of faith, Impatience, Ignorance etc IMO

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by hisgrace090: 8:38am On Jun 10, 2018
Kenneth4u205:
Because the church today is not functioning in it fullness.some church focus only on the word.while some focus only on holiness.while some focus only on prophecy .while some focus only on prosperity.while some focus only on healing .while others only on miracles.Another on deliverance.That was never the plan of God for the church.God want his church to flow on all this at the same time .don't just focus on one area and neglect the other.preach the word of holiness and prosperity,then go ahead to heal the sick ,cast out demons and give prophecy to those that need directions.

Hmm! You nailed it, today church lack so many things.

Bible says in a church some will be this or that as in gift manifestation for the edification of the church but taday a man with just a gift will open a church without allowing those with other gift to manifest in His church so that they will not overshadow him.

What an irony caused by mans selfishness?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Lexusgs430: 9:20am On Jun 10, 2018
Because religion is scam + a game of luck......

13 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by czarina(f): 9:22am On Jun 10, 2018
Good question Op.

Check my profile if you live in Jos and environs cool
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Dottore: 9:22am On Jun 10, 2018
What are you saying. The clergy man himself/herself had gone to those places and shining with the powers they got from there. Church these days are social organizations not spiritual

The ones you'd believe should help alleviate problems are mostly magic centres

10 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by kereman1: 9:22am On Jun 10, 2018
Why must u direct d question to only christains?
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by hopefulLandlord: 9:22am On Jun 10, 2018
Because they know Jewish myths have no bearing with the lives of Africans

10 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by 3Geez(m): 9:22am On Jun 10, 2018
embarassed
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Chikaa444: 9:22am On Jun 10, 2018
Because they don't know God...

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Aderewah: 9:22am On Jun 10, 2018
Blame poverty which they themselves caused
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 10, 2018
When d preacher goes to seek other powers. What do u expect the followers to do?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by DonPikko: 9:24am On Jun 10, 2018
It's a norm, even some pastors do to other places for solutions

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by akeentech(m): 9:24am On Jun 10, 2018
They don't believe in God, They can't wait for that long cos it takes long time for God to answer
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 10, 2018
angry

Why do people visit Alfas and mosques and most times leave without their heads on their shoulders?

It's only on Sundays that you'll see posts ridiculing Christianity fly to FP without delay.

Well no matter what, God's kingdom Will prevail

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Ugosample(m): 9:24am On Jun 10, 2018
Omooba77:
Is it lack of faith?

Because that is the default setting of Africans LMAO grin grin grin

Always looking for quick fixes, which I think is borne out of low self esteem I.e. you cannot achieve anything without hard work and dedication without "spiritual help"

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Divay22(f): 9:25am On Jun 10, 2018
Lack of patience.
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by uuzba(m): 9:25am On Jun 10, 2018
If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "be uprooted and plant yourself in the sea" and it will do it.
This is what Jesus tells us.

But people spend a lot of time in places worshiping THE PASTOR.

They quote Bible left and right. But I never heard anyone quote Jesus Christ himself from Mathew, Mark, Luke and John.
-
In summary, they have no faith in Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by phetto(m): 9:25am On Jun 10, 2018
Because all na scam

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by SAMBARRY: 9:25am On Jun 10, 2018
Kenneth4u205:
you have said it all
These are the things that cause religious resentment or silent /hidden beef even amongst Christians. You will see Methodist beefing Anglican, cac resenting 4square,7day Adventist thinking they're better than winners, winners thinking they're better than celestial church of Christ

Speaking of which before I met some celestial friends my home church planted some bias and seed of discord about Cele. Our pastor claimed they're diabolical, fetish, superstitious and mix bible with fetish practices till I met a Cele landlord who treated me like a daughter instead of a tenant. When I told the man our tap water has spoilt this man fixed a borehole and tank for us free without collecting 5 naira. Whenever he is around he doesn't carry an air of arrogance or makes us feel uncomfortable around him and even when he invited me to his church and I didn't go he didn't use that to react negatively to me. He just said if you don't want to come to our church for now it's no problem but whenever you think you're ready, our doors are opened, we will accept you with open arms but pray about it and let God direct you aright. I couldn't believe my ears. I said so there are still open minded religious people in this world. Mind you he is a Cele pastor and his church is in front of the house I rented but even though I have not stopped into that church before, I listen to their sermons from home and I haven't seen anything weird from them
The bottom line is pastors create seed of silent enmity or bias amongst Christians on denominational lines instead of preaching on God working in us and through us. And by the way the reasons we have more churches and still more wickedness is because pastors subtly preach church loyalty and kindness. For instance if I didn't leave home and live with other denominations I will believe my pastor that Cele's are fetish
Nigerians will rather be kind to you because you are from their village or you attend the same church and not because you are a human being and you deserve to be loved because you are Gods creation

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by africanusvu(m): 9:26am On Jun 10, 2018
Omooba77:
Is it lack of faith?
.same reason why u omooba77 belongs to Nairaland.Facebook.and still belongs to several socialmedia platform.is it BC u av not got enough imfo in nairaland.still lack of faith

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by shamecurls(m): 9:26am On Jun 10, 2018
Cos deep inside them, they know what they serve is not potent.

Unlike charms.

Church going is just to create an impression. What runs the shows is different.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 10, 2018
Just posted unanswered questions about the Bible, please check my signature and see if anyone can answer, it's very important cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by OLAFIMIX(f): 9:27am On Jun 10, 2018
Lack of faith and impatient
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Obierika(m): 9:27am On Jun 10, 2018
Hypocricy
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by cana882(m): 9:30am On Jun 10, 2018
Church is used to hoodwink people so when they finally succeed, no one will suspect their ill gotten wealth.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Contending The False And Heretic Teachings By Obadiah777 / This Pictures Will Show You Some Of The Best Way To Identify A Witch Around You / How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.