Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,497 members, 7,954,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:07 PM

Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake (38025 Views)

Did King Charles Ignore A Handshake From A Black Man In Viral Video? / Trump Ignored Nancy Pelosi's Handshake Before She Tore His Speech / Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by Planetlindz: 8:21am On Jun 12, 2018
Change is the only constant thing in this world...after all their tirade, they finally sat down for this talks. Hopefully something good will come out of it. grin cheesy
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by ikpemike: 8:33am On Jun 12, 2018
#Peace through Strength.
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by Neoteny(m): 8:41am On Jun 12, 2018
abiodunalasa:
Angela Merkel : Guy did u really had that 3some with that hooker? wink

The real cartoon character in that picture is John Bolton. I can't see how to take that man serious...though he's quite dangerous.
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by Zane2point4(m): 8:45am On Jun 12, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

You are yearning rubbish and stop watching or reduce your CNN!
I dont even watch CNN, I stick to fox.
Why is there massive defection with evidence?
Why didnt Kim go on with the nukes?
Why did Kim who haven't left nk in 6yrs travel to meet triumph on the negotiation table?

Even if you hate triump or USA use common logic.

America controls almost 70 percent of the world trade, if you have traveled out you will find out you cant even buy anything without first converting to dollar and to the local currency,
Do you know the effects of economic sanctions?
No one buys and sells to you, unless your staunch allies.
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 12, 2018
HardMirror:
are you also an Economist ? Have you been 2 north korea?
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by CSTR1003: 8:55am On Jun 12, 2018
Nukilia:
This is a historic moment!

Develop the nuclear weapons, gain full mastery, guaranty the security of your country, then come to the negotiating table.

Long Live Kim
Long Live Trump grin grin
Your country may not survive the sanctions long enough to come to the negotiating table.

1 Like

Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by CSTR1003: 8:58am On Jun 12, 2018
AbubakarOS:
I hope USA will give up their nuclear warheads too...
The US no longer produces Nuclear weapons. They only maintain and sometimes upgrade the ones they have.

That is enough compromise from a nation that has Russia as a mortal enemy.
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by Ugosample(m): 8:59am On Jun 12, 2018
aaronson:
ICC only gets proactive when only Africa leaders commits crime against humanity but for other world leaders, they turn a blind eye.

African leaders commit heinous crimes against humanity AGAINST their own people

Time and time again, African leaders have proven that they don't mind killing a whole village to remain in power, that is why they need to be put in check

2 Likes

Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by Ugosample(m): 9:00am On Jun 12, 2018
Zane2point4:

Why did Kim who haven't left nk in 6yrs travel to meet triumph on the negotiation table?

America controls almost 70 percent of the world trade, if you have traveled out you will find out you cant even buy anything without first converting to dollar and to the local currency,

just so you know, Fox is a biased media outfit too
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by ernieboy(m): 9:27am On Jun 12, 2018
Marvyx:
So Kim is in His 30's?? Unbelievable shocked

And at 30 some Nlanders are still asking us what to do if their gf presses toothpaste from the top. cry
he didn't get there due to his personal achievements, more like the beneficiary of a monarchy.
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by ernieboy(m): 9:32am On Jun 12, 2018
Zane2point4:

How did north korea give usa sleepness night?
So why did they come to the negotiating table?
Isn't it obvious there economy is in shambles?
You guys need to understand intl politics.
they gave them sleepless nights by developing a nuclear warhead and are close to developing a missile system that can hit the us mainland, main while all us allies and military vases in Asia are already within target.
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by Folksyharry(m): 9:55am On Jun 12, 2018
Marvyx:
So Kim is in His 30's?? Unbelievable shocked

And at 30 some Nlanders are still asking us what to do if their gf presses toothpaste from the top. cry

Ona get mouth for this nairaland sha. angry angry angry
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 12, 2018
troublemakea:

can you just see ur level of foolishness?

goan develop ur Own ICBM na. shey u get mouth
ode
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by troublemakea(m): 10:18am On Jun 12, 2018
1stolax:
ode
na u ponu pass....just see how ignorance dey use ur brain play tennis

Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by troublemakea(m): 10:20am On Jun 12, 2018
ernieboy:
they gave them sleepless nights by developing a nuclear warhead and are close to developing a missile system that can hit the us mainland, main while all us allies and military vases in Asia are already within target.

but now they're crippled bah?

less worries
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 12, 2018
troublemakea:

na u ponu pass....just see how ignorance dey use ur brain play tennis
Dear m0ron,
Please explain to me what gave usa, isreal and others to have nuclear weapon and should deny north korea the same right.
You deserve an award for your stupidity.

here...

1 Like

Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by anonymous1759(m): 10:28am On Jun 12, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

You are yearning rubbish and stop watching or reduce your CNN!
No mind that guy, he don too watch CNN and BBC.
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by troublemakea(m): 10:28am On Jun 12, 2018
1stolax:

Dear m0ron,
Please explain to me what gave usa, isreal and others to have nuclear weapon and should deny north korea the same right.
You deserve an award for your stupidity.

here...

there's no need me wasting my time explaining to a certified slowpoke. but mr simpleton please start primary school all over again

do this n thank me later wink
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 12, 2018
troublemakea:

there's no need me wasting my time explaining to a certified slowpoke. but mr simpleton please start primary school all over again

do this n thank me later wink
senseless pig
I never knew I have been wasting my time replying a d0lt.
Please be my guest to die in your idiocy.
Goodbye
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by Caseless: 10:40am On Jun 12, 2018
Nukilia:
This is a historic moment!

Develop the nuclear weapons, gain full mastery, guaranty the security of your country, then come to the negotiating table.

Long Live Kim
Long Live Trump grin grin
Kim is smart . Trump is calculative.

1 Like

Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by troublemakea(m): 10:40am On Jun 12, 2018
1stolax:

senseless pig
I never knew I have been wasting my time replying a d0lt.
Please be my guest to die in your idiocy.
Goodbye

bastard son of a thousand father. die in ur ignorance and stupidity alone and make sure you add more to ur stupidity sooner grin

now get lost
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by TEYA: 10:47am On Jun 12, 2018
AgbitiOnne:
I am not a fan of Kim but he should not make the mistake made by Gaddafi and Sadam Hussein who abandoned their Nuclear program only to be killed after wards
Kim is not such an idiot. No sane leader will start a nuclear programme and abandon it. I used to look down on the guy but he has accomplished a feat his father and grand father could not. He has been able, through threats to get the US presidents ear. I hope he makes the best of it to greatly reduce the sufferings of the Korean people.
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by stagger: 10:48am On Jun 12, 2018
AgbitiOnne:
I am not a fan of Kim but he should not make the mistake made by Gaddafi and Sadam Hussein who abandoned their Nuclear program only to be killed after wards

Don't confuse us here.

Israeli fighter pilots destroyed the underground facility Saddam Hussein used as his nuclear facility in an overight raid in 1979. HE DID NOT ABANDON IT.

Gaddafi never had a nuclear program. South Africa was the only African country that had a nuclear program. They were on the verge of acquiring that capability when Pieter Botha left office. It was dismantled by F.W. de Klerk as part of reforms that saw Mandela released from prison as well.

1 Like

Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by TSOM(m): 10:49am On Jun 12, 2018
shamecurls:

Go check your facts again

There is a documentary of it on CNN

Iraq never had a nuclear programme. US allegations were false and nothing was discovered .

ICC is just a toothless court which should have prosecuted Bush.

Mention the BBC or some other mainstream broadcasting media if you will, but do not mention CNN. CNN has never been objective and has been exposed countless times for driving a biased narrative.
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by anonymous1759(m): 10:51am On Jun 12, 2018
Reference:

I have refrained from speaking but I have to reply this.

Mister. Today you can express yourself on social media because of the United States of America. This is a country that has spilled the most blood and buried the most treasure to ensure one thing for all humanity. That you and I can choose how to exist.

Is all right with the US,...no. But without them there will still be slavery in Europe, the Windies and the Americas, without them Hiltler will be deciding who lives and dies, without them the world will be largely Communists, without them Abacha will have remained in charge of Nigeria and without them Apartheid will have remained in force.

As you type whatever you wish, know this, someone somewhere in North Korea wished he could do same but will go to certain prison and possible death if he tried the same.

There is nothing on earth like liberty. It is God's irrepudiable gift to man that America guarantees for all.

If it cannot guarantee it for the citizens of Norrh Korea it has to do all it can to protect the liberties of its friends in the South.
Whatever the US does is for her national interest. Where was liberty when the US invaded Iraq, Afghanistan despite the UN resolution then and Libya in recent time? How are these countries now compared to how they were before the US invasion? In all honesty, would you say that the US foreign policy has done more good than harm to the world? They(US) champion democracy yet they have not invaded Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar etc.. The biggest mistake Kim would make is to denuclearize but i know he wouldn't agree to such deal. You have the right to the own nuclear weapons but I don't, how's that fair?
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by anonymous1759(m): 11:02am On Jun 12, 2018
zoedew:

Better to abandon his nuclear arms program and be open to let people decide who rules them. Saddam and Gaddafi died, not because they made the “mistake” of relinquishing their nuclear programs but because they were not willing to let the people freely choose who governs them. Not to do so leaves the window of distrust open. Am in the hope Kim is reasonable enough to see so!
You guys keep spewing rubbish, if you think America is so sincere in their quest to enthrone democracy in all countries of the world, why haven't they try to do the same thing in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait and Jordan? Abi elections dey hold for those countries?
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 12, 2018
troublemakea:

bastard son of a thousand father. die in ur ignorance and stupidity alone and make sure you add more to ur stupidity sooner grin

now get lost
woe betide you,
your useless drunkard old fool fagg0t father
your wasted ugly wh0re mother
your olosho sister
and you bastard product of a broken condom
It shall never be well with all of you and your generations yet unborn.
oloriburuku omo ofo jatijati
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by anonymous1759(m): 11:13am On Jun 12, 2018
Zane2point4:

Your questions are off, what nukes do you want kim to go on with when NK has already completed her nuclear program? They already have ICBM that can hit the US mainland. And when did negotiation amount to giving up or surrendering? Keep thinking that Kim would agree to denuclearize his country when that is what gives his country some sort of balance of power.

1 Like

Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by Barzinime(m): 11:16am On Jun 12, 2018
Shinzo Abe: Macron this guy matter don tire me, na to bring Putin back be the solution o or make we kuku dissolve the G7 make everybody they them lane

abiodunalasa:
Angela Merkel : Guy did u really had that 3some with that hooker? wink

1 Like

Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by anonymous1759(m): 11:16am On Jun 12, 2018
ernieboy:
It's completed, their ICBM can now hit the US mainland..
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by morakakin(m): 11:17am On Jun 12, 2018
sophsia62:
Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un made history Tuesday, June 12, becoming the first sitting US and North Korean leaders to meet and shake hands, as they seek to end a tense decades-old nuclear stand-off.

The two men strode toward each other and shared the momentous handshake beneath the white-washed walls of an upscale hotel in neutral Singapore, before sitting down for a half-day of meetings with major ramifications for the world.

They shook hands for several seconds, Trump reaching out to touch the North Korean leader on his right shoulder.

As they sat down for their one-on-one meeting, the US leader predicted a "terrific relationship" with Kim.

The extraordinary summit was unthinkable only months ago.

Then, the two nuclear-armed foes appeared on the verge of conflict, as Kim conducted nuclear and missile tests and the two leaders slung personal insults.

Trump had cajoled the international community to exert "maximum pressure" to buckle Kim's regime and threatened to unleash "fire and fury like the world has never seen" if Pyongyang did not disarm.

For his part, Kim called the US leader "mentally deranged" and a "dotard" as he fired off a series of provocative weapons tests.

That seemed a distant memory amid the palms of the ultra-exclusive Capella Hotel.

It is a potentially legacy-defining meeting for both men – comparable to president Richard Nixon's 1972 visit to China, or Ronald Reagan's summit 1986 with Mikhail Gorbachev in Reykjavik.

And it is part of what Trump calls a "one-time" offer to resolve the stand-off through diplomacy.

"We will all know soon whether or not a real deal, unlike those of the past, can happen!" Trump tweeted shortly before departing for the summit.

Hugely symbolic talks

The pair – Kim in his 30s and consolidating his dictatorship, Trump in his 70s and struggling to bend Washington to his impetuous will – are unlikely protagonists, both instantly recognizable, so much larger-than-life as to be cartoonish.

But their work today is deadly serious.

They represent nations that are still technically at war, even if the mortars, carbines and gunships of the bloody 1950s conflict have long since fallen silent.

But that frozen Cold War-era conflict risks being thawed by North Korea's increasingly potent weapons programs.

The totalitarian regime is on the cusp of marrying nuclear and missile technology that would put Los Angeles, New York and Washington within striking distance of a nuclear holocaust.

The United States says that is unacceptable and will be dealt with, one way or another.

For North Korea the talks are hugely significant.

Standing beside the US president in front of a phalanx of cameras is an enormous step toward ending decades of international isolation and legitimizes a regime which is among the world's most ruthless.

'Brighter future'

Still, it remains far from clear that Pyongyang is willing to give up its nukes -— weapons that may be the ultimate guarantee of regime survival.

On the eve of the meeting, aides for both men were still scrambling to narrow yawning differences over "denuclearization", which means vastly different things to the two parties.

Trump will use what he says are legendary instincts to see whether Kim if bluffing, buying time or is serious.

In return, his administration may be willing to offer security guarantees, normalization of relations, sanctions relief and economic aid that would transform North Korea from the sick man of Asia.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on the eve of the summit that the United States is willing to offer the regime "unique" security guarantees.

"We will take actions to provide them sufficient certainty that they can be comfortable that denuclearization is not something that ends badly for them," Pompeo said.

"Just the opposite. That it leads to a brighter and better future for the North Korean people."

Kim and Trump will first meet one-on-one in a closed session, before a larger meeting with key advisers, US officials said.

But the summit itself is unlikely to be the end game, more likely it is the start of a longer process of negotiation.

Pompeo said he was "very optimistic we will have a successful outcome with the two leaders."

"There are only two people that can make decisions of this magnitude. Those two people will sit in a room tomorrow."

However, Washington's top diplomat also warned the United States would not be "duped" and that nothing less than complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization was acceptable.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/06/trump-kim-singapore-summittrump-kim.html

Wow.
Re: Trump-kim Singapore Summit:trump, Kim Share Historic Handshake by troublemakea(m): 11:37am On Jun 12, 2018
1stolax:

woe betide you,
your useless drunkard old fool fagg0t father
your wasted ugly wh0re mother
your olosho sister
and you bastard product of a broken condom
It shall never be well with all of you and your generations yet unborn.
oloriburuku omo ofo jatijati

was wondering how you could be so dull and dumb being a very pathetic slowpoke only to figure out your scornful father was so rejected by God to the extent he had a dormant gene instead getting a woman 2 console his state of life he decided to get an unfortunate old fool loosed pussy as ur mum lil wonder badluck n misfortune keep trailing you n your generation non stop

I feel for you rejected baboon bt u will get no pity from me grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Trump Amazed By African Woman's Ball Juggling Skill / US Kills ISIS Leader, Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Qurayshi / 9/11 Mastermind, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed Not Convicted 20 Years After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.