Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,676 members, 7,813,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Is This Picture Real? Or Just Graphix - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This Picture Real? Or Just Graphix (3486 Views)

Could This Big Butt (buttocks) Be Real Or Fake? (photos) / Women; Are You A Creamer, A Squirter, Or Just Wet / Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Picture Real? Or Just Graphix by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 12, 2018

Re: Is This Picture Real? Or Just Graphix by pafo(m): 11:28am On Jun 12, 2018
What’s it look like to you?

2 Likes

Re: Is This Picture Real? Or Just Graphix by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:41am On Jun 12, 2018
graphic pic of Iemanja goddess of the sea... quite popular in Brazil. thats why every new years eve, people go by the millions in Copacabana beach, all dressed in white, and jump in the water (at midninght) hoping that Iemanja will bring them good luck.

here is pic of Iemanja celebration in Copacabana

5 Likes

Re: Is This Picture Real? Or Just Graphix by tintingz(m): 11:55am On Jun 12, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
graphic pic of Iemanja goddess of the sea... quite popular in Brazil. thats why every new years eve, people go by the millions in Copacabana beach, all dressed in white, and jump in the water (at midninght) hoping that Iemanja will bring them good luck.

Just like the Yoruba deity goddess "Yemoja/Yemaja".

1 Like

Re: Is This Picture Real? Or Just Graphix by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:01pm On Jun 12, 2018
tintingz:
Just like the Yoruba deity goddess "Yemoja/Yemaja".

yeah, Iemanja is the Portuguese word for Yemoja. all orishas from the brazilian religion called CANDOMBLE derive directly from the Yoruba deities.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Picture Real? Or Just Graphix by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

yeah, Iemanja is the Portuguese word for Yemoja. all orishas from the brazilian religion called CANDOMBLE derive directly from the Yoruba deities.
Temi moore
Re: Is This Picture Real? Or Just Graphix by tintingz(m): 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

The Brazilians even cherish Yoruba deities than yorubas themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Is This Picture Real? Or Just Graphix by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:12pm On Jun 12, 2018
tintingz:
The Brazilians even cherish Yoruba deities than yorubas themselves.

oh yes!!!! this is one thing the slaves that were brought to Brazil could keep (while the ones who went to the US and other places were stripped of).... from such African religion came the Brazilian martial art CAPOEIRA, the Brazilian SAMBA, and last but not least, from that same samba created by the Africans came the rio CARNAVAL that you have today.

and even though Candomble is still widely practiced in Brasil (even though many look down upon it), you can easily find candomble houses (temples) in any major neighborhood of the country.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Picture Real? Or Just Graphix by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 12, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

Your dp, beautiful view. Looks like Salvador.

1 Like

Re: Is This Picture Real? Or Just Graphix by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:48pm On Jun 12, 2018
JupiterGeekVII:
Your dp, beautiful view. Looks like Salvador.

thanks....close, its indeed in Brasil, but actually is in Rio.... a view from the top of "Dois Irmaos" hill, looking down on the beaches of Ipanema and Leblon. here is view a from the other side (in circle is where the pic was taken from)

2 Likes

Re: Is This Picture Real? Or Just Graphix by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 12, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

thanks....close, its indeed in Brasil, but actually is in Rio.... a view from the top of "Dois Irmaos" hill, looking down on the beaches of Ipanema and Leblon. here is view a from the other side (in circle is where the pic was taken from)
Woooow, beeeauuutiful view. *Faints*.

Awesoooome!! How long did it take you to hike up the Dois Irmaos hill? Your yoga pose totally fits the serene atmosphere.

Rio.... I was close, lol. I knew it had to be Brazil. One of my siblings has traveled through South America and I knew the beaches looked familiar like the Brazil photos I've seen. Looks like you enjoyed yourself.

1 Like

Re: Is This Picture Real? Or Just Graphix by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2018
JupiterGeekVII:
Woooow, beeeauuutiful view. *Faints*.

Awesoooome!! How long did it take you to hike up the Dois Irmaos hill? Your yoga pose totally fits the serene atmosphere.

Rio.... I was close, lol. I knew it had to be Brazil. One of my siblings has traveled through South America and I knew the beaches looked familiar like the Brazil photos I've seen. Looks like you enjoyed yourself.

the hike is quite easy actually, you take a moto taxi (or walk) to the top of the favela called Vidigal (seen at the bottom left of the hill) then you have a 45mins - 1hr hike through the forest to the top of the hill. such hike was/is quite famous with tourists in Rio, and it is one of the most famous favela tourist attraction of Rio... before, the favela of Santa Marta attracted the most tourist, due to the MJ statue (thanks to the videoclip he shot there). to get that pose was not easy though because you have to fight with tourists that may be at the top too. it is very difficult for a traveler not to love South America and/or Brazil, the country is so huge that not even a month is enough.

although, i lived in Rio on and off for 4/5 yrs, my best city in Brasil would be Salvador though. the African heritage is so strong there, and the weather/people a bit warmer than Rio. did you (or your sibling) do Salvador and the ever so beautiful Lençóis Maranhenses?

1 Like

Re: Is This Picture Real? Or Just Graphix by opsyswagger(m): 4:18pm On Jun 12, 2018
3d...lol cheesy grin grin
Re: Is This Picture Real? Or Just Graphix by tintingz(m): 5:28pm On Jun 12, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

oh yes!!!! this is one thing the slaves that were brought to Brazil could keep (while the ones who went to the US and other places were stripped of).... from such African religion came the Brazilian martial art CAPOEIRA, the Brazilian SAMBA, and last but not least, from that same samba created by the Africans came the rio CARNAVAL that you have today.

and even though Candomble is still widely practiced in Brasil (even though many look down upon it), you can easily find candomble houses (temples) in any major neighborhood of the country.
It seems you know alot about thier culture, that's fascinating.
Re: Is This Picture Real? Or Just Graphix by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:58pm On Jun 12, 2018
tintingz:
It seems you know alot about thier culture, that's fascinating.

when a person moves to a new country, we should always immerse ourselves fully, in order to discover that place from within. Brasil is indeed an amazing place.

1 Like

Re: Is This Picture Real? Or Just Graphix by Kobicove(m): 12:19am On Jun 13, 2018
Does that pic look real to you? undecided
Re: Is This Picture Real? Or Just Graphix by femi4: 6:27am On Jun 13, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

Its actually Yemoja: Mother of all fishes

(1) (Reply)

Thief Falls Asleep During Operation After Breaking Into A TV Presenter's House / Lady Exposes A Cake Vendor Who Wants To Eat Her Boyfriend’s ‘cake’. / Leaked Sex Video Of Area Girl Mercy And Boyfriend Leaked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.