Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,559 members, 7,823,459 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? (8796 Views)

Some People Are Just Wicked, I Was Invited To Onitsha And Then Left Stranded / Was He Really Stingy Or He Just Avoided Been Exploited? / Is She Being Stingy Or A Good Manager. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by Nobody: 3:05am On Nov 09, 2018
Am usually the type to keep my relationship issues to myself but I just have to let this out, it’s eating me up.
I have been dating this guy since 2010 during university days till date. I am 24 and presently a Corper. I haven’t dated a lot of guys so he is like everything about relationships I know. Although there has been a few breakups in between, somehow we find ourselves back together. I have been through thick and thin with this guy. When there is zero Naira to when there is a few bucks to spend (he spends all on himself by the way). I do not know what being pampered feels like. I do everything by myself.
Make my hair, buy my clothes etc. I am used to struggling by taking up part time jobs/internships to buy the things i want and thankfully God has been kind to me. He says he loves me and cannot do without me but I think he is wicked and self centered. I now even forget I have a boyfriend when am in some kind of financial situation. It is that bad. Sometimes I ask myself what I am doing with this bloke but still, I have being optimistic things will get better and I would enjoy with him in the future.
So he got a job, an alright pay and I was happy at least not because I expect him to spend everything on me, but because I now have a shoulder to lean on when I need financial help. Well, that is not the case. Whenever I ask for little sums just to do one or two things, he gets angry and complains terribly how he has bills here and there. Most times, he doesn’t even want to hear what my request is about. He just shuts me up. Even when I ask for a loan, I get same excuses.
In 6 months if I ask him for money twice, I get once and a quarter of the amount. I get very disapointed because I am reasonable, considerate and I do not ask for money where there is none. He doesn’t do anything for me, never bought me a gift, never interested in my ideas but he does everything for his sisters and buys them 12,000 Naira body cream.
Relationship is not because of money some people will say but I believe in sharing with your partner. I have supported him in my own little way when things got really bad. I don’t know why he gets the way gets when I bring up the issue of money. This is one amongst other things I have to tolerate in the relationship.
I am really fed up and I don’t mind breaking up with him because of this money issue. I believe he is not going to change even if he has all the millions in he world. I don’t know how i fell in love with this guy and he is already talking about marriage.
I need your help guys….

2 Likes

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:13am On Nov 09, 2018
Samiat22:

I am really fed up and I don’t mind breaking up with him because of this money issue. I believe he is not going to change even if he has all the millions in he world.
I need your help guys….

END OF DISCUSSION AT THE BOLDED!!!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by Madmoizelle: 3:19am On Nov 09, 2018
He's not being wicked, he's stingy, can't tell how responsible he is in some other ways but what if you two get married and he leaves you to do everything? The children's fee and all? Can you cope?

This is clearly not a matter of being materialistic and I know nobody owes anybody a dime but at least, once in a while, appreciate your woman by getting her little gifts, even if it's just a few Naira notes worth, women love it...

Talk to him about it in a polite way and if he keeps up with the attitude,
Dearest op, Jaapa! Since he gets angry each time you ask, he's very very stingy, I believe in helping each other, help me up when I'm down and vice versa..

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by emmie14: 3:27am On Nov 09, 2018
An unexamined life is not worth living. The decision is yours. Now is still early in the morning.

5 Likes

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 3:58am On Nov 09, 2018
Samiat22:

[s]
Am usually the type to keep my relationship issues to myself but I just have to let this out, it’s eating me up.
I have been dating this guy since 2010 during university days till date. I am 24 and presently a Corper. I haven’t dated a lot of guys so he is like everything about relationships I know. Although there has been a few breakups in between, somehow we find ourselves back together. I have been through thick and thin with this guy. When there is zero Naira to when there is a few bucks to spend (he spends all on himself by the way). I do not know what being pampered feels like. I do everything by myself.
Make my hair, buy my clothes etc. I am used to struggling by taking up part time jobs/internships to buy the things i want and thankfully God has been kind to me. He says he loves me and cannot do without me but I think he is wicked and self centered. I now even forget I have a boyfriend when am in some kind of financial situation. It is that bad. Sometimes I ask myself what I am doing with this bloke but still, I have being optimistic things will get better and I would enjoy with him in the future.
So he got a job, an alright pay and I was happy at least not because I expect him to spend everything on me, but because I now have a shoulder to lean on when I need financial help. Well, that is not the case. Whenever I ask for little sums just to do one or two things, he gets angry and complains terribly how he has bills here and there. Most times, he doesn’t even want to hear what my request is about. He just shuts me up. Even when I ask for a loan, I get same excuses.
In 6 months if I ask him for money twice, I get once and a quarter of the amount. I get very disapointed because I am reasonable, considerate and I do not ask for money where there is none. He doesn’t do anything for me, never bought me a gift, never interested in my ideas but he does everything for his sisters and buys them 12,000 Naira body cream.
Relationship is not because of money some people will say but I believe in sharing with your partner. I have supported him in my own little way when things got really bad. I don’t know why he gets the way gets when I bring up the issue of money. This is one amongst other things I have to tolerate in the relationship.
I am really fed up and I don’t mind breaking up with him because of this money issue. I believe he is not going to change even if he has all the millions in he world. I don’t know how i fell in love with this guy and he is already talking about marriage.
I need your help guys [/s] .
relationship isn't an occupation. it's not obvious you both would get married as you'll still abandon him for a More richer guy since you girls are always dumb so the guy is actually doing it right cos I can't spend a kobo on any Biitch all in the name of relationship when you don't even have anything to offer asides from your organ of fornication.
buying 12,000 naira creams for his sisters is none of your business. that's his family and he needs to take care of them while you're a stranger hiding under the guise of dating.
break up with him and see who loses.

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 3:59am On Nov 09, 2018
Madmoizelle:
He's not being wicked, he's stingy, can't tell how responsible he is in some other ways but what if you two get married and he leaves you to do everything? The children's fee and all? Can you cope?

This is clearly not a matter of being materialistic and I know nobody owes anybody a dime but at least, once in a while, appreciate your woman by getting her little gifts, even if it's just a few Naira notes worth, women love it...

oh shut up.

16 Likes

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by ojun50(m): 4:01am On Nov 09, 2018
Give me yr number let start planning our marriage

3 Likes

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by Madmoizelle: 4:05am On Nov 09, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
oh shut up.

Jog on, little one.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by Nobody: 4:19am On Nov 09, 2018
I don't think your guy is stingy or not, he might testing you all this while to know maybe you will leave him or not. Now he is talking about marriage just ask him would he continue the behavior during your courtship now when you get married his answered to this question would bring out his mind to you
But Know That
Woman That Don't Ask For Anything Deserve Everything...

5 Likes

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by MichaelBukamzy(m): 4:41am On Nov 09, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
relationship isn't an occupation. it's not obvious you both would get married as you'll still abandon him for a More richer guy since you girls are always dumb so the guy is actually doing it right cos I can't spend a kobo on any Biitch all in the name of relationship when you don't even have anything to offer asides from your organ of fornication.
buying 12,000 naira creams for his sisters is none of your business. that's his family and he needs to take care of them while you're a stranger hiding under the guise of dating.
I dont even know what she is forming.she probably thinks that dating him is a favour,and he is gonna die when she breaks p him. do it nah,make play boiz treat you better.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by DWJOBScom(m): 4:53am On Nov 09, 2018
The word here is support not carry all the bills.

The dude should show concern , get gifts , loan her some money when requested etc.

Such guys the moment they meet the lady they like they spend more than their salary self

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by Susu888(m): 5:16am On Nov 09, 2018
Lets say relationship is not an occupation like most people r blaming her for.... but even to loan her(not dash her O”) to loan her money is a biggy for this guy?? The mofo is stingy as fvck i swear! Later on him go dey complain if she no allow him browse... abi na him mama pussy? Or did he inherit her that common sweet gesture nd money favours go dey hard for him? Wicked Idiot! Na men like him dey tarnish our image. Jst imagine angry

11 Likes

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by DaddyNimo(m): 5:27am On Nov 09, 2018
Susu888:
Lets say relationship is not an occupation like most people r blaming her for.... but even to loan her(not dash her O”) to loan her money is a biggy for this guy?? The mofo is stingy as fvck i swear! Later on him go dey complain if she no allow him browse... abi na him mama pussy? Or did he inherit her that common sweet gesture nd money favours go dey hard for him? Wicked Idiot! Na men like him dey tarnish our image. Jst imagine angry
oga sorry to say o, u don't have plenty sense... u wan loan gf money? them tell u say gf dey ever return loan? olodo girls for Don maga u wella with loan o lolzzz my dear you're into the relationship for money, you just wanna come here and sound like a good responsible girl. he buys cream of 12k for his sisters, you no get broda to do same for u? u be orphan? your papa travel go moon? see dis one o, she even dey threat to break up....break up na, he tie your destiny? my friend get faq out of here with ur broke ass....dont go and think about how you will get job, be looking for bf that will be giving u money there.

31 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by derrydinny: 5:33am On Nov 09, 2018
in 2010 you were in university, in 2018 you are still serving? sister, easy na abi you be dullard like bubu ni?

he doesn't owe you any money, if you are angry that he is buying 12k cream for his sister, go and meet your family members for money

this entitlement mentality is too much abeg, you are serving definitely your parents are still responsible for you as early as last year, why should you run to him for financial assistance every time? what are you using money to do? you want financial assistance to buy wig, perfume, shoes and bags abi? go and meet your parents for that, you didn't sponsor him in school dammit

you will likely stop him from helping family if he marries you, you are jealous of your prospective in-laws

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by derrydinny: 5:43am On Nov 09, 2018
Madmoizelle:

Talk to him about it in a polite way and if he keeps up with the attitude,
Dearest op, Jaapa! Since he gets angry each time you ask, he's very very stingy, I believe in helping each other, help me up when I'm down and vice versa..
he has shown that he values family by spending on his siblings, meanwhile what money does a student needs that she can't ask her father? why should it be the boyfriend that should be expected to pay for her things while her father is still alive

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by dingbang(m): 5:58am On Nov 09, 2018
Some people done turn relationship to opportunity.

7 Likes

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by SantiRAMBO: 6:13am On Nov 09, 2018
University days since 2010 and you're serving in 2018? Nawa oo.... Anyways to the topic
He's just being careful cos Nigerian girls have turned to something else, they just wanna chop a guy and move on to the next available one. Buying cream worth of 12k for his sisters is enough to tell you that he ain't stingy .. He should at least get you gifts on special days like your birthday, Christmas and the rest, if he doesn't quit the relationship and stay single, make your own money so that you can buy the things you crave for without disturbing a guy ooooooo or join the olosho movement... lol

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by consultancy: 6:24am On Nov 09, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
one doesn't need to look closely to know a real man when he sees one. i give it to you, you are a real man just like me

As for the OP, since u girls have turned relationships to full time jobs, i guess you have to start searching for another job as this current one does not pay salaries. When you find one, please don't forget to negotiate on things like salary amount, loans and grants, accommodation, and other benefits before accepting the employment letter.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by femi4: 6:24am On Nov 09, 2018
Samiat22:

I need your help guys….
you ve been servicing him for 8yrs.....Kontinu and lets see who ll initiate the break up
Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by ednut1(m): 6:39am On Nov 09, 2018
This is funny sha. Go and make ur own money lol

1 Like

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by omokiri5(m): 6:39am On Nov 09, 2018
derrydinny:
in 2010 you were in university, in 2018 you are still serving? sister, easy na...
lolz

Pls Nairalanders, I'm a graduate that needs help to get a keke maruwa to ride. Kindly check details on my signature. Thank you
Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by Randy100: 6:56am On Nov 09, 2018
derrydinny:
in 2010 you were in university, in 2018 you are still serving? sister, easy na abi you be dullard like bubu ni?

he doesn't owe you any money, if you are angry that he is buying 12k cream for his sister, go and meet your family members for money

this entitlement mentality is too much abeg, you are serving definitely your parents are still responsible for you as early as last year, why should you run to him for financial assistance every time? what are you using money to do? you want financial assistance to buy wig, perfume, shoes and bags abi? go and meet your parents for that, you didn't sponsor him in school dammit

you will likely stop him from helping family if he marries you, you are jealous of your prospective in-laws
may be she studied medicine, 6 years and one year housemanship and now she is serving.
Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by ruggedtimi(m): 7:02am On Nov 09, 2018
your write up is good. Well i believe the guy belongs to "spend your money on sister and mother's gang".

4 Likes

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by Bloooody(m): 7:02am On Nov 09, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
Utter stupidity
Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by kalex0(m): 7:03am On Nov 09, 2018
idiot!!!!! he doesn't owe u any shit.

don't u av parent??

gold digger!!!!

what's ur biz if he spend on his sis

breakup nah and let's c who go lose
ode

2 Likes

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by MetroBaba1(m): 7:07am On Nov 09, 2018
Relationship to women is simply 'House of Representatives'. They only come to address issues.

But wait, 2010 to 2018 as a student? Medical Student?
I Smell Beauty Without Brains.

5 Likes

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by Liliyann(f): 7:12am On Nov 09, 2018
That guy doesn't value you!!
This is one of the reasons that I can't date struggling guys!!!
You need to be with someone that values you!!!
Someone that is crazy about you!!
Someone that is ready to spend his last dime to prove his love for you!!
Real men don't wait for their girl to ask before giving them, they spend willingly and happily!!!
Call me a gold digger but I don't care, my happiness comes first in everything, Financial security is one of the things that makes me happy!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by highqueen(f): 7:18am On Nov 09, 2018
Hmmmm.
I think he is being wicked and doesn't consider you worthy to spend for.
He's got other chicks he is using the money on.
You see why I said never date a broke guy

To each his own shaa

1 Like

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by highqueen(f): 7:19am On Nov 09, 2018
Liliyann:
That guy doesn't value you!!
This is one of the reasons that I can't date struggling guys!!!
You need to be with someone that values you!!!
Someone that is crazy about you!!
Someone that is ready to spend his last dime to prove his love for you!!
Real men don't wait for their girl to ask before giving them, they spend willingly and happily!!!
Call me a gold digger but I don't care, my happiness comes first in everything, Financial security is one of the things that makes me happy!!!
At all.
He's very wicked honestly. embarassed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by prettyesther20: 7:20am On Nov 09, 2018
He is plain stingy and selfish.

It's that kind of guys that spend all their life savings on another girl that knows his mumu button. mtcchheeww

4 Likes

Re: Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? by Brizzy404: 7:20am On Nov 09, 2018
Is having a boyfriend a social security program?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If U Were Given D Chance 2 Bcome A Girl 4 A Day, What Would U Do With It? / How Old Were You When You Discover The Meaning Of CC / My Girlfriend Prefers Sucking To Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.