Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Eid-el Fitr: Governor Ugwuanyi Preaches Love, Peace, Unity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eid-el Fitr: Governor Ugwuanyi Preaches Love, Peace, Unity (2938 Views)

Easter: Ugwuanyi Preaches Peace, Renewed Faith In God / Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa / Eid-El-Fitr: Governor Ganduje Frees 294 Prisoners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eid-el Fitr: Governor Ugwuanyi Preaches Love, Peace, Unity by OEPHIUS(m): 6:20pm On Jun 14, 2018
June 14, 2018

Eid-el Fitr: Ugwuanyi preaches love, peace, unity

As Muslims celebrate Eid-el Fitr, Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has enjoined Nigerians, especially Muslim faithful to take advantage of the spiritual rebirth offered by Ramadan to promote love, peace, unity and progress.

Gov. Ugwuanyi in a message felicitated with President Muhammadu Buhari and other Muslim faithful for the successful completion of Ramadan and emphasized the compelling need for all Nigerians to continue to live in peace and harmony as well as offer special prayers for the country.

The governor stressed that it is only when Nigerians live to cherish one another that “we can make rapid progress and strengthen the bond that brought us together as a prosperous nation, in keeping with the dreams and aspirations of our founding fathers”.

He therefore, wished Nigerians a pleasant and peaceful celebration.

http://thepunditng.com/eid-el-fitr-governor-ugwuanyi-preaches-love-peace-unity/

Re: Eid-el Fitr: Governor Ugwuanyi Preaches Love, Peace, Unity by Alejoc(m): 6:57am On Jun 15, 2018
Mee too
Re: Eid-el Fitr: Governor Ugwuanyi Preaches Love, Peace, Unity by freemanbubble: 6:58am On Jun 15, 2018
ok
Re: Eid-el Fitr: Governor Ugwuanyi Preaches Love, Peace, Unity by Salamspycee2: 6:59am On Jun 15, 2018
Viral photo of Day laugh away your sorrow

Checkout the Shoe worn by Uganda President [abeg shift letme faint]

https://trendinghelm..com/2018/06/lol-check-out-shoes-worn-by-president.html
Re: Eid-el Fitr: Governor Ugwuanyi Preaches Love, Peace, Unity by smile11s(m): 7:06am On Jun 15, 2018
Nice one

This is going to mean a tremendous change in world opinion, and attitude, for all people and races who accept the new philosophy of African redemption, ie the truth that the Greeks were not the authors of Greek philosophy; but the people of West Africa; would change their opinion from one of disrespect to one of respect for the Black people throughout the world and treat them accordingly.

It is going to mean a most important change in the mentality of the Black people: a change from an inferiority complex, to the realization and consciousness of their equality with all the other great peoples of the world, who have built great civilizations. With this change in mentality of the Black and White people, great changes are also expected in their respective attitudes towards each other, and in society as a whole.
Re: Eid-el Fitr: Governor Ugwuanyi Preaches Love, Peace, Unity by Atikusadvocate: 7:09am On Jun 15, 2018
Enugu state has a relatively large and sizable Igbo Muslim community. They seem to be even more Igbo Muslims in imo and ebonyi(not converts). I was surprised to learn that Islam has been in Enugu among Igbos for over 100 years and the first mayor of Enugu city was a Fulani Muslim. I learnt that many died fighting for Biafra. That was when I learnt that the problem of Nigeria is tribalism not religion. Most leaders of the civil war like Gowon,obasanjo,TY Danjuma, adekunle and ojukwu were anglicans and it didn’t stop the war. So are many Yorubas,ijaws,Edos and other people that massacred Igbos. If Igbos Christians and Muslim are living in peace in Igboland and hausa Christians live in peace with hausa Muslims and people only fight when they are of different tribes and different religions like the case of Hausas and beroms, then let people stop their propaganda. Biafran supporters should stop all these anti Islamic propaganda because Muslims are not their problem

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid-el Fitr: Governor Ugwuanyi Preaches Love, Peace, Unity by flyca: 7:14am On Jun 15, 2018
I hope Christians shouting Ed whatever up and down realize that it is haram for a muslim to wish you happy christmas. I hope you know? undecided

1 Like

Re: Eid-el Fitr: Governor Ugwuanyi Preaches Love, Peace, Unity by MrHighSea: 7:18am On Jun 15, 2018
We've been preaching shhits for years.
Those can't abound.
Citizens bad
Leaders crooked
This is Nigeria
Re: Eid-el Fitr: Governor Ugwuanyi Preaches Love, Peace, Unity by LazyNairalander(m): 7:20am On Jun 15, 2018
If only Nigerians will use this opportunity to reflect on their existence and the co existence with one another.

Check my SIGNATURE
Re: Eid-el Fitr: Governor Ugwuanyi Preaches Love, Peace, Unity by Mahatma10(m): 7:22am On Jun 15, 2018
EID MUBARAK

Re: Eid-el Fitr: Governor Ugwuanyi Preaches Love, Peace, Unity by shammahyaro(f): 7:22am On Jun 15, 2018
flyca:
I hope Christians shouting Ed whatever up and down realize that it is haram for a muslim to wish you happy christmas. I hope you know? undecided
Don't mind them.Christains and over sabi sabi
Re: Eid-el Fitr: Governor Ugwuanyi Preaches Love, Peace, Unity by dreamwords: 7:40am On Jun 15, 2018
Afonja Muslims will like this one
Re: Eid-el Fitr: Governor Ugwuanyi Preaches Love, Peace, Unity by dreamwords: 7:42am On Jun 15, 2018
Atikusadvocate:
[s]Enugu state has a relatively large and sizable Igbo Muslim community. They seem to be even more Igbo Muslims in imo and ebonyi(not converts). I was surprised to learn that Islam has been in Enugu among Igbos for over 100 years and the first mayor of Enugu city was a Fulani Muslim. I learnt that many died fighting for Biafra. That was when I learnt that the problem of Nigeria is tribalism not religion. Most leaders of the civil war like Gowon,obasanjo,TY Danjuma, adekunle and ojukwu were anglicans and it didn’t stop the war. So are many Yorubas,ijaws,Edos and other people that massacred Igbos. If Igbos Christians and Muslim are living in peace in Igboland and hausa Christians live in peace with hausa Muslims and people only fight when they are of different tribes and different religions like the case of Hausas and beroms, then let people stop their propaganda. Biafran supporters should stop all these anti Islamic propaganda because Muslims are not their problem[/s]
grin

Re: Eid-el Fitr: Governor Ugwuanyi Preaches Love, Peace, Unity by Baroba(m): 8:24am On Jun 15, 2018
Crying governor..

(1) (Reply)

Buhari, Atiku Fight Over 7m Igbo Votes In North / Thief! People Booed Oshiomole at a Polling Unit in Ogun State. Video / Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.