Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,895 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? (7115 Views)

How To Spot A Womanizer In A Banking Hall / 10 Ways To Spot A Prostitute In Your Locality / 5 Ways To Spot A Chronic Womanizer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? by Aproko(f): 9:33am On Jun 03, 2010
I saw the movie Notorious about a year ago and the reason as to why Notorious BIG chose to marry Faith Evans over Lil Kim still eludes me. He seemed to be having fun with Lil Kim, even encouraging her career and personal growth, and then he sets eyes on Faith, and that was it!

Bringing the issue close to home, a male colleague told me he was looking for a wife as he wanted to break up with his girlfriend, lets call her Bella. Bella is beautiful and vivacious, and they seemed at least on the surface to be perfect for each other.

My question is, what qualities can men spot from miles apart that makes them see one woman as potential wife and the other merely as girlfriend? and even if they cant spot it from miles apart, what is it that a man sees, that makes him decide that he wants a woman to be by his side for the rest of his life??
Re: Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? by nellaluv(f): 9:53am On Jun 03, 2010
Simple!
When the right one comes, you will know smiley .
Re: Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? by ayolinger(m): 10:20am On Jun 03, 2010
That's a very tough question, , but one thing i would say is, We all see things from different perspective(Angles),
Re: Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? by kemisuga(f): 10:25am On Jun 03, 2010
His Spirit will tell him, "this is your missing-rib" grin
Re: Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? by 190: 11:21am On Jun 03, 2010
^^
gbam
my spirit just told me u are my missin rib grin
Re: Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? by blankees(m): 12:09pm On Jun 03, 2010
Ur instincts will tell u, and u have to pray about it too.
Re: Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? by violent(m): 12:20pm On Jun 03, 2010
Different strokes for different folks.

I'd empty my account to marry a drop dead gorgeous adventurous chic with an IQ of above 180, a mind blowing sense of humor and a classy taste in fashion any day any time!

It shouldn't take me more than 10 minutes to identify one.
Re: Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2010
Guyz these days are confused!

They set unreasonable standards for the so-called woman they want to marry!

She must be a virging which is why they would leave an ideal woman the've been having s3x with for 3 years!

She must be respectful which is why they would rather marry a starnger who kneels for them than their 3-year GF who is not afraid to speak her mind!

They want lively, vivacious, fun and all that . . but they would never marry girls they meet in parties!

They want Miss Nigeria but they don't like women with too many admirers!

They want miss-independent but can't stand ladies who can pay the bills!

I think guys are just confused. They choose their brides based on their state on mind. If a guy makes up his mind to get married, then the next girl that crosses his part is 'the one' . . bye bye to the perfect GF of 5 years! sad

3 Likes

Re: Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? by Loveaflame(m): 12:37pm On Jun 03, 2010
It is a great task.But there are simple things to know the right lady.But these rules depends opn your status.
1. Never show the lady that you are well to do if you belong to that class.Allow her to accept you for who you are and not for what you have.
2. Watch her interest.Is she interested in a meaningful relationship or just an adventure.
3. Does she speaks the truth even when it hurts you?
4. How does she raltes with people around you,especially your family members.Is she warm with them or cold?
5.Does she have the fear of God? This should reflect in the content of her words.Wether you like or not you need a godly wife.
6. Does she inspire you? Is she an men courager or a discourager? Does she critice your plans negatively or constructively.
7. Does she respects you enough? This is very important .If you marry a lady who does not respect you,you will regret marrying her.
To get more information just email me at loveaflames75@yahoo.com
Re: Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? by violent(m): 1:23pm On Jun 03, 2010
Ujujoan:

Guyz these days are confused!

They set unreasonable standards for the so-called woman they want to marry!

She must be a virging which is why they would leave an ideal woman the've been having s3x with for 3 years!

She must be respectful which is why they would rather marry a starnger who kneels for them than their 3-year GF who is not afraid to speak her mind!

They want lively, vivacious, fun and all that . . but they would never marry girls they meet in parties!

They want Miss Nigeria but they don't like women with too many admirers!

They want miss-independent but can't stand ladies who can pay the bills!

I think guys are just confused. They choose their brides based on their state on mind. If a guy makes up his mind to get married, then the next girl that crosses his part is 'the one' . . bye bye to the perfect GF of 5 years! sad

nice one!

But like i said, its simply a case of different strokes for different folks.

I wouldn't marry someone who's irritatingly submissive!
Re: Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? by Aproko(f): 1:53pm On Jun 03, 2010
@ Nellaluv,

How e wan take know now? is he suppose to hear a still small voice? when Tiger Woods saw Ellen, did he just know?? grin (look how that turned out!)

@ Violent,

Drop dead gorgeous, adventurous, IQ of 180?? i guess thats why your bank account is still bursting at the seams! grin

@ Ujujoan,

I use to think that guys are confused, but now i'm not so sure. believe me a guy knows what he wants when he sees it or when he relates with it. the question is, how does he know??

@ all,
Nice responses so far. still expecting some more.

thanks
Re: Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? by lizzybabe1(f): 4:00pm On Jun 03, 2010
violent:

Different strokes for different folks.

I'd empty my account to marry a drop dead gorgeous adventurous chic with an IQ of above 180, a mind blowing sense of humor and a classy taste in fashion any day any time!

It shouldn't take me more than 10 minutes to identify one.

Looks like you are not going to marry anytime soon. You want a lady who has all these sterling qualities? Please tell us:
Are you strikingly handsome?
Do you have an IQ of above 250?
Do you have a mind-blowing sense of humour?
Do you have a classy taste in fashion?
And do you possess all the other gentleman's qualities?

Remember: To whom much is given, much is expected!
Re: Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? by googles: 4:07pm On Jun 03, 2010
easy

A church-going, skirt-wearing,plain-faced woman with wat looks like a fertile body not forgetting the virginity part
Re: Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? by ITgurlie(f): 4:14pm On Jun 03, 2010
If you are a devoted Christian this will help,

The first thing to do is to build a relationship with God, spend time with Him and get used to His voice. God speaks to us in different ways. Then you have to look deep not just the physical things but the heart, when the time comes you will know your own missing rib cos it's the work of a man to find a wife and not the other way round, smiley
Re: Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? by Kgdavid(m): 4:30pm On Jun 03, 2010
googles:

easy

A church-going, skirt-wearing,plain-faced woman with wat looks like a fertile body not forgetting the virginity part

ah googles ur back, how far? been missin ur witty replies(such as the one above). what a depressing wife that would make
Re: Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? by googles: 4:39pm On Jun 03, 2010
Kgdavid:

ah googles your back, how far? been missin your witty replies(such as the one above). what a depressing wife that would make

yea am back. . . .thanks for checking up on me kiss

hmm as far as she can cook and make the babies shez good o. . . the fun part we all know will be taken care of by an aristo chic cheesy
Re: Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? by Kgdavid(m): 4:46pm On Jun 03, 2010
lol then its a case of damned if you do damned if you dont, no happy ending
Re: Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? by googles: 4:57pm On Jun 03, 2010
well there sure is a happy ending for the aristo chic tho' cheesy she gets all the attention the wife is not getting
Re: Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? by Kgdavid(m): 5:12pm On Jun 03, 2010
and then ends up unmarried, childless, wrinkled and still dependent on others for a livlihood, wat could be worse?
Re: Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? by oyinda3(f): 5:25pm On Jun 03, 2010
if u click with the person i guess. to me, it's just like having a best friend. you just click with the person better than others because you share similarities and complement each other at the same time!!

not everything is just about looks.  grin unless your marrying a girl as a status symbol or looking for arm candy.
Re: Pray Tell: How Does A Man Spot A Wife Material? by Youngpo413: 4:44pm On Nov 22, 2014
Aproko:
I saw the movie Notorious about a year ago and the reason as to why Notorious BIG chose to marry Faith Evans over Lil Kim still eludes me. He seemed to be having fun with Lil Kim, even encouraging her career and personal growth, and then he sets eyes on Faith, and that was it!

Bringing the issue close to home, a male colleague told me he was looking for a wife as he wanted to break up with his girlfriend, lets call her Bella. Bella is beautiful and vivacious, and they seemed at least on the surface to be perfect for each other.

My question is, what qualities can men spot from miles apart that makes them see one woman as potential wife and the other merely as girlfriend? and even if they cant spot it from miles apart, what is it that a man sees, that makes him decide that he wants a woman to be by his side for the rest of his life??

desperate lady...na them dey ask this kind of stupppid question...the time you were busy bleeping around did you think of marriage?
Now you want to pretend to be a wife material...

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above / I'm 18 Years Old Student And I've Sleep With Fourmen, Is It Bad PHOTOS / If You Are Ugly You Are Ugly (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.