Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

He Called Off Their Wedding! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Called Off Their Wedding! (7627 Views)

See What He Called My Butt / He Called And Apologize After Seeing My Nakednes.s(part 2) / He Called Me After Two Days Of Wondering.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2010
gregejige:

I will not go into it with you to find out who is blind or dumb. You are obviously too emotional about this story and it wont make sense to get into an argument with you.

The point his he found the strenght to do it before they got married. No time would've been good enough for anyone in love, except you do not want to admit it . . which I think is clearly the case here.

Of course he found the 'strenght' to do it at a time that suited him more. He was willing to keep receiving the free s3x untill he got ready to settle down, then he'll definitely look for someone else!

He had no choice but to come out when he did, else he would have found himself @ the altar saying 'I do' which of course was NOT part of the initial plan!

Stop defending him, you sound silly! tongue

He knew she wanted to get married, he knew he wasn't ready! A real man would have made it clear to her from day 1!
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by preettie: 5:46pm On Jun 04, 2010
she shld get a grip of herself , the world really doesnt care wether she is heart broken or nt, if she gets dat in her head then she wld move on, d guy isnt worth d hassle. grin
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by Skidoc(m): 5:52pm On Jun 04, 2010
Ujujoan, are you sure you are not the actual owner of the blog?
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 04, 2010
^^^ *roooooolz eyez*
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by gregejige: 5:57pm On Jun 04, 2010
Skidoc:

Ujujoan, are you sure you are not the actual owner of the blog?

No need to figure that out.

The Voltron is obviously getting a kick.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by gregejige: 5:59pm On Jun 04, 2010
Why am I even in a conversation?

The girl slept with the guy (who she knows has a new gf) twice in one day after the break up and Voltron was still there edging her on!

Wonder Wonder.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by chika98: 6:02pm On Jun 04, 2010
Wait the dude already has a new gf?
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by zebra543: 6:09pm On Jun 04, 2010
^^ he had her all along, and left the blogger to her, women, we are our own greates enemy! Never allow a man to take anything of yours with him, that includes your pride, your happiness and your dignity.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by Slim101(m): 6:09pm On Jun 04, 2010
I just read the 2nd verse, and sorry, the story sounds like R.Kelly's 'Closet'. I think it's fiction!
The babe might just want peeps visiting her blog.
Just my thought sha o!!
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by mamagee3(f): 6:11pm On Jun 04, 2010
If he called off the wedding, you move on.

Calling off a wedding isn't the end of the world.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by lizzybabe1(f): 6:33pm On Jun 04, 2010
Slim101:

I just read the 2nd verse, and sorry, the story sounds like R.Kelly's 'Closet'. I think it's fiction!
The babe might just want peeps visiting her blog.
Just my thought sha o!!

My thoughts exactly! I have to admit she had me all in with the first post. But the second part, hmmm I guess she went a bit too far.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by Shanice111: 7:33pm On Jun 04, 2010
Just got off the fone with MYa (not real name). I read the 2nd post and had to call her if that is true she is crazy, I desperately wish it was fiction. Anyways she will get better, we all will. My only concern is when a woman sleeps with guy and takes control people cant imagine it. Me and my friends talk. sex kept Mya and Aina 2geda (he was gr8 I heard) I know that 4 a fact and if she screwed him yesterday like she told me then I dont care. I just hope she comes out of the sorry situation everybody don tire, the shame like my mum says is dying down make she move on I sincerely hope she does. People 4 Ogun state don rest 4 d matter. And Mya if you are reading this screw Aina atleast u don do the last one and move a hell on ! We' got ur back. e go better. (btw I helped u put this on Nairaland and I deserve a prize) everybody got ur back atleast people are lending support so please I love u, we love u abeg emm move on find another man biko.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by bawomolo(m): 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2010
she is soooooooooooooooooo heartbroken that she slept with the same "prick".

that's woman logic for you. back to our regularly scheduled programming
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by kech(f): 8:22pm On Jun 04, 2010
I told myself I wasn't going to respond to this post cos it hits close to home but after reading the second part of her story, I wanted to puke.  They had s.ex together at his aunty's place twice. First because it just happened and then because she wanted to prove a point. "  I felt the need to make him suffer like I was suffering so this time I started kissing him. I slept with him, made it as mechanical as possible, I proved my point he is no good. He would have being a cheating husband. He did not even resist me the second time, kept saying are you sure this is what you want? Anyways I left as soon as I climaxed, it took forever but it was worth it. No point wasting it, we have started lets finish, this will be the last, I kept saying, "

Even more pathetic is the fact that some people replied  her post saying "Good girl, I wish his girl will see this, it will make my day."  I said to myself "May the Lord keep me away from foolish friends that think this way". And we wonder why some chics get themselves in this mess? Let me give you a piece of advice Mya, stop making a fool of yourself. I have been burnt BAD! I know people that have been burnt BADDER!!! I can tell you that there are better ways to deal with these kind of issues. You see all these gra gra, whining, looking for pity,  and being consoled by bitter people whose only advice is for you put your life on hold wait hope for "karma" to befall "the devil", will not help your situation. First mistake was sleeping together again. What's with all the "He's a scum, his girlfriend called, he answered, I thought he was going to reject it, bla bla bla"? What did you expect? You knew he was going out with someone else yet you still slept with him. Both of your are still fresh out of a relationship so the there's bound to be some chemistry still there. You both put yourselves in an awkward situation and paid the price. On the other hand, from your conclusion, it seems that was all it took to wake you up from la-la land and you're happy now. If that's really true, then I guess it was worth it. undecided
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by homerac7: 8:40pm On Jun 04, 2010
Pele. ndo. get up, find some consolation in the fact that the marriage wld hav only be part of ur life, bt never the totality if it. so u have other things to live for, never mind, no be guys, whn u find ur rythm back, they must everly come knockn, never fear the age.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by wazobiang: 9:04pm On Jun 04, 2010
i think she'll live. i welcomed her aboard.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 04, 2010
Better He told her earlier than later.

shiite happens. undecided

Life goes on
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by Slim101(m): 9:43pm On Jun 04, 2010
I'm wondering what will happen in episode III.  She probably discorver she's pregnant and there will be argument about what to do with it undecided

Muyiwa Ademola (or any of those Nollywood folks) needs to pay a visit to this blog
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by Avenir(m): 10:15pm On Jun 04, 2010
Like it has been said here, it better to have a failed relationship than to have a failed marriage. One of my friends had found himself in a similar situation before. He was not as lucky as the guy here. He genuinely loved the babe and initially wanted to marry her. He started having doubts after formal introduction of families when he started noticing things he didn’t previously notice.  

He said he felt like he was being used, that he thinks the babe just wanted to get married for whatever reason and the wedding was being planned with him because he was the first marriageable character to appear on the scene!   He doesn’t think that the babe really loves him even though the babe thought she did. He believed that she only love the idea of becoming married. Ofcourse we, the friends, thought he was overreacting and talked him out of calling of the marriage.

They got married but it wasn’t a happy marriage. They got separated after just over a year of acrimonious marriage! We the friends felt bad for the role we played in the pair getting married and how we felt helpless to help them stay married.

Back to topic

The guy here probably had other reasons for calling off the marriage. He probably couldn’t (or is not willing to) state his real reason and had to opt for the standard text book excuse: ‘I’m not ready!’ cheesy. The other text book excuses, though not as effective are: ‘I don’t think I’m good enough for you, I don’t think I’m the right guy for you, …….’ cheesy cheesy

It is possible that the guy genuinely loves this babe and initially wanted to marry her. From the babe’s blog it appears she’s just loves the idea of getting married and having a fairy tale wedding. It is plausible that she’s more interested in this wedding idea than really getting to know who she wanted to get married to. Any sane man will run scared in this scenario! Anyway, commiserations to the babe, better a broken heart than a broken marriage. This broken heart will be mended and fully forgotten when falls in love again at the right time and with the right person. A broken marriage isn’t that easily mended!

kech:

I told myself I wasn't going to respond to this post cos it hits close to home but after reading the second part of her story, I wanted to puke.  They had s.ex together at his aunty's place twice. First because it just happened and then because she wanted to prove a point. "  I felt the need to make him suffer like I was suffering so this time I started kissing him. I slept with him, made it as mechanical as possible, I proved my point he is no good. He would have being a cheating husband. He did not even resist me the second time, kept saying are you sure this is what you want? Anyways I left as soon as I climaxed, it took forever but it was worth it. No point wasting it, we have started lets finish, this will be the last, I kept saying, "

She probably thinks she can win him back by sleeping with him!  smiley It happens a lot of times especially if the other party has not gotten over the other. The guy probably knows this too. The guy doesn't have character by contuing to lead her on when he knows that she has no future with him.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by MadMax1(f): 10:17pm On Jun 04, 2010
You know our local culture. From the cradle women told the goal and validation for their existence as women is to get hitched and drop children like flies. Danged skippy you're getting married if you enter a relationship with those. I've heard with my own ears Nigerians asking a woman, 'Is that your husband?' meaning her boyfriend, with the understanding that, yeah they're getting married. Afterall, they're dating. Sorry about the heartbreak, lady. But sometimes, who's hurting seems to depend on who left whom first. But I think Mr Brownjay's said it all. We haven't heard the other side. Men aren't commitment phobes. Most of them know the woman they want to marry within a very short interval of meeting her. Ask most married guys. No one coerced them. They WANTED to get married to that woman and would've almost died if she'd left them. He shouldn't have led her on and started making wedding plans. That's shitty. But he didn't leave her at the altar. They were just plans and she sounded too needy and overly theatrical. Her life shouldn't revolve around getting married. It's important but it shouldn't be the sole purpose for her existence. My friend's mother said something when I was a teenager. I never forgot and it served me well. She said: Don't ever chase after men or make them the focus of your life. Make something of your own life. The right man will eventually come along. I found it to be true. Really sorry for your pain, lady. Sorry.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by hayo(m): 10:27pm On Jun 04, 2010
Please let somebody introduce this girl to Steve Pienar's(Everton/South African midfielder) baby momma. She just sued him for 10M Rands for breaking his promise to marry her LOL. http://www.kickette.com/baller-beware-steven-pienaar-sued/

Ok ok ok ,  let me be serious. It is a painful thing and people have given some great advice and she also said she has been attending church. But for the wrong reasons, she is trying to USE God and his people to numb her pain. That isn't a good motivation girl. Imagine she is still sleeping with the guy, that shows you are not ready to heal.

Think about your life first, attain some level of self worth and maybe then you can move on. I think though you try to sound like a liberated woman, you are far from it.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 04, 2010
@Ujujoan
i was about to reply to the comments you made on my yesterdays points but then i read what this gal wrote today on her blog and can see that i was spot on. she WAS desperate,she was all along in control of what went on in this relationship.

i like the part where she writes about the guy telling her that:"I know that things went bad between us but understand that you will find someone better, someone who will love you for you and want the same things you want."or better yet when he tells her :"" i am in charge of THIS relationship" or the fact that the guy called her a "control freak" it says a lot about the kind of relationship they had. she even wrote herself:"i want to marry so desperately that it clouded my judgment"

now go back to what i wrote yesterday and check again if my points made any sense.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by kech(f): 11:07pm On Jun 04, 2010
Mad_Max:

You know our local culture. From the cradle women told the goal and validation for their existence as women is to get hitched and drop children like flies. Danged skippy you're getting married if you enter a relationship with those. I've heard with my own ears Nigerians asking a woman, 'Is that your husband?' meaning her boyfriend, with the understanding that, yeah they're getting married. Afterall, they're dating. Sorry about the heartbreak, lady. But sometimes, who's hurting seems to depend on who left whom first. But I think Mr Brownjay's said it all. We haven't heard the other side. Men aren't commitment phobes. Most of them know the woman they want to marry within a very short interval of meeting her. Ask most married guys. No one coerced them. They WANTED to get married to that woman and would've almost died if she'd left them. He shouldn't have led her on and started making wedding plans. That's shitty. But he didn't leave her at the altar. They were just plans and she sounded too needy and overly theatrical. Her life shouldn't revolve around getting married. It's important but it shouldn't be the sole purpose for her existence. My friend's mother said something when I was a teenager. I never forgot and it served me well. She said: Don't ever chase after men or make them the focus of your life. Make something of your own life. The right man will eventually come along. I found it to be true. Really sorry for your pain, lady. Sorry.

Mad_Max sooooo true LOL!! Even as a girl, I find it irritating when a fellow girl asks another "Is that your husband?" or "I saw your husband today." Or if they see the guy somewhere it's "Where is your wife?"  Bear in mind that they are still dating ooo, as in Boyfriend/Girlfriend. But the one that really grates on my nerves is when I hear or see (especially on FACEBOOK) girls asking "Is that "Him"? and the girl replies, "Yes, this is "Him". What is "Him" bikonu? Him" is a subtle way of girls saying to other girls, "he's the one", as in "this is a done deal." The problem with that is,  if he is not your husband or your fiancé you have no business playing that rough play.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by MadMax1(f): 11:57pm On Jun 04, 2010
kech:

Mad_Max sooooo true LOL!! Even as a girl, I find it irritating when a fellow girl asks another "Is that your husband?" or "I saw your husband today." Or if they see the guy somewhere it's "Where is your wife?"  Bear in mind that they are still dating ooo, as in Boyfriend/Girlfriend. But the one that really grates on my nerves is when I hear or see (especially on FACEBOOK) girls asking "Is that "Him"? and the girl replies, "Yes, this is "Him". What is "Him" bikonu? Him" is a subtle way of girls saying to other girls, "he's the one", as in "this is a done deal." The problem with that is,  if he is not your husband or your fiancé you have no business playing that rough play.

Lol!
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by Princek12(m): 12:11am On Jun 05, 2010
I am sorry poster for the disappointment, but you should thank God that at least he ended the relationship prior to the wedding rather than during the wedding, during which time he probably would not have been fully vested in the wedding since he would not have entered into the wedding with love right from its inception. May the good Lord grant you the strength to withstand any suicidal pressures. Please don't kill yourself for that coward. Since, by not dealing with you with candor in that he did not inform you of his desire not to marry you, and by waiting to call of the wedding at the eleventh hour, he showed that he was spineless and a coward. God bless you.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by joeycrack: 12:14am On Jun 05, 2010
This story is fishy.

He walked up to me and said hi, my name is Aina, am currently at the London School of Economics studying for an MBA, whats your story.

1. LSE doesn't have an MBA course. The closest you get is a Global Executive MBA run in conjunction with NYU Stern and HEC Paris.

Assuming the poster made a mistake and he was on the Global Executive MBA

We became inseperatable

2. Doubt this can be possible as he would have only spent 2 weeks in London. (Mid September)

postpone the wedding until he finished his Masters and got a job

3. Need to have a job to be admitted on the EMBA, also it costs over $125,000 to attend. No one spends that kind of money on a post degree programme without a job

he said he is 31 and not ready for marriage

4. Typical age is 40 years and 15 years experience (Absolute minimum is 10 years). So for him to have finished the course at 31, he must been a professional from age 19.

From the above, we can all infer the MBA story is fake which makes me seriously question the credibility of the story.

As an admirer of marketing, I like the posters play on emotions and tactics used but until given further evidence I say the story is fake and the 'sequel' just confirms it as writing practice for the blogger. Someone get a nollywood producer on the line cheesy
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by lareine(f): 12:25am On Jun 05, 2010
Hmm. This is getting interesting.

I think Mya is doing the same thing she did(being forward) that put her in this predicamnet. Sad!
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by Shanice111: 12:35am On Jun 05, 2010
when u want 2 blog about a pain that u are certain lots of people know about you dont want to give urself away by putting the story in such plain terms that all ur facebook and real life friends know its you and then start saying you are pathetic to be blogging about it. So you withold some information God forbid some1 knows who u are. Anyways babes u may want 2 delete the blog o. Before some detectives fish u out or worse still a nollywood producer as many have suggested,and tell all who know u that u went online with this. u don hear? I think u shld quit that blog honestly. U will get better with time I promise. 4 now stop blogging!
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by TewMuch: 12:44am On Jun 05, 2010
Mya, dont mind your friend hia. i am enjoying your exploits. Who cares? Everyone is probably already talking about it, so they might as well hear your side of the story. The moment you put the blog up, i am sure half of Nigeria has been there and they know who you are. Just keep blogging, we will like to see that you are o.k, have survived and moved on. You can be an inspiration. It fit be you oh grin
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by IbrahimB: 12:44am On Jun 05, 2010
So when are they launching the Novel?

If it doesn't have a title yet, may I suggest one? The strange case of Mya and Aina.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by joeycrack: 12:47am On Jun 05, 2010
Shanice111:

when u want 2 blog about a pain that u are certain lots of people know about you dont want to give urself away by putting the story in such plain terms that all your facebook and real life friends know its you and then start saying you are pathetic to be blogging about it. So you withold some information God forbid some1 knows who u are. Anyways babes u may want 2 delete the blog o. Before some detectives fish u out or worse still a nollywood producer as many have suggested,and tell all who know u that u went online with this. u don hear? I think u shld quit that blog honestly. U will get better with time I promise. 4 now stop blogging!

Whatever. If you're writing friction let people know you're writing friction. I like the stories, just pointing out you might want to fact check whatever you're putting there.

All these 'babes' 'my friend' 'other third person' statements are getting quite ridiculous and a few might feel you're insulting their intelligence.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 05, 2010
The story is boring.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Girl Always Has Dry Honey Pot During Sex. / Help Me My Ex Pressed My Breast Too Much Now I'm Experiencing This / My Dad's Immediate Younger Sister Is Trying To Seduce Me. Please I Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.