Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,712 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 (13193 Views)

Nigerian Man Gives A Tour Of ‘five Star’ Graveyard Where He Works In Italy / A Tour Of New Afrika Shrine To See Fela Kuti's Bedroom And Belongings (video) / Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by kagari: 5:22pm On Aug 22, 2018
ZUBY77:
KALININGRAD is situated on the shores of the Baltic Sea. Given the love I have for Geography, i knew it was the Baltic as we descended towards it. The KALININGRAD airport is close to the sea and for a moment, i thought we were diving into the sea.
Minutes later, we landed at the airfield, cleared the immigration and headed outside.
With the Yandex taxi app (kind of Uber) I downloaded while in Moscow, i scanned for nearby taxi and got one almost immediately.
Since i had to put my destination (the rented apartment) address on the app, the driver didn't have to ask where i was going.
He helped put my luggage in the boot and zoomed off towards the city center through the highway.

While in the taxi, i called the lady whose apartment i rented. She said she was waiting for me at the apartment.
Twenty five minutes later, i was being showed around the apartment. Since the lady didn't know English, she was waiting with an older woman who was the interpreter.

In a bid to work for her money, the interpreter wouldn't let anyone else say much. She tried to explain even the things i clearly understood. But since i was new, i just kept quiet and listened.

They explained to me how to virtually do everything, ranging from how to bath to how to switch on the gas cooker, use the microwave, washing machine, wifi, and even sleep. Funny that these people believe we dont have microwave in Africa.
While they were showing me around, i was busy looking for cooking pots. I found them in one of the shranks and the moment i saw them, i knew I was finally going to cook my own food.
I waited for them to finish their lectures which seemed to take long but they eventually left.

One minute after they left, i searched for shopping mall nearby, one was 200 meters away. I walked down and picked a bag of small rice, fresh tomatoes, tin tomatoes, chicken, small bottle of olive oil, Maggi, pepper, canned corn, a small bottle of whisky, drinking water and park of Marlboro.
Back in the apartment, i removed my clothes and returned back to the kitchen. It was time to show them Russies how we roll in Naija.

hmmm, lovely narrative oga zubby
Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by cuteesthy(f): 8:41am On Aug 23, 2018
Oga Zubby where are u
Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by emmabest2000(m): 4:14pm On Aug 23, 2018
Tell us how you fvck Russian girls

2 Likes

Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by DonBabaNG: 4:34am On Nov 27, 2018
No one does narratives better than you Zubby.

Thanks for these amazing updates. I just started reading tonight.

ZUBY77:
All of a sudden, the matchday 1 for Nigeria showed up in Kaliningrad Russia. Everything began to make more sense because it was actually the reason I was spending lots of money; to support the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

For few seconds I wondered if it was worth it. There were several things I could have done with all the money I budgeted for the world Cup project, but then traveling to New world spaces has always been a hobby. I had been to practically all over western Europe, The Soviet space was a dream, so I had no regrets.

The Kaliningrad Stadium was about 5 kilometres from the city center. My apartment itself was about 2 kilometres from city center.

Since Nigeria was listed as the away team, I picked the all green away shirt, the trouser of my Nigeria tracksuit, my match ticket, my FAN ID, International Passport and some greenbacks; sipped some Whiskey directly from the bottle and walked out of the road. I needed to be on a high mood to be able to cheer the eagles up. The eagles needed the support of every Nigerian present in Kaliningrad that day. They were going to play Croatia, a team I tipped as one of the best at the World Cup.

My close analysis of the teams present at the World Cup put Croatia at the top 5. They had special creative midfielders that can destroy any team at the world Cup.
Luka Modric, who just won the UEFA Champion's League with Madrid was there.
Ivan Rakitic who is an important player for the almighty FC Barcelona was there . Then there was Dejan Lovren who played at the Champion's Final with Liverpool. There was also Ivan Perisic, a player Jose Muorinho of Manchester United has been struggling to sign. There was the experienced Mario Mandzucic and also the other guy who was very good at Bundesliga.

There was no comparison whatsoever between Nigerian and Croatian Players.
Who did we have in our Nigerian team?
Our Captain and our No. 9, the two most important players, plays their professional football in China.
The controversial Golakeeper Francis Uzoho, unknown to 90% of Nigerians, inexperienced was our top choice, That summed everything up for me.
It was true I was supporting my country but being a clever person, I lowered my expectations. It was the only way not to be disappointed after the game. I even played bet9ja online, giving winning to Croatia. My reason was, if Nigeria wins, I would be happy and excited but if Croatia wins, I win money. Either way, I would be a winner

I took a taxi to the Stadium and walked around the beautiful structure since the stadium was not yet open for the game. I met some people, took pictures and waited for the game.

2 Likes

Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by kushercain: 4:35pm On Dec 06, 2018
Bossman no forget us. Come nack us better Xmas bonus. wink Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by Optaim: 10:25pm On Dec 27, 2018
Russia is of course a very large country and there are so many places in which it would be interesting for a tourist to look in, but unfortunately you don’t travel around the country at once, it takes a lot of time
Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by zanga420: 1:14pm On Jun 04, 2019
ritababe:
come and continue oga zuby.
Babe of life. How you dey nah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pls Is Dis Driver Licence Genuine / PLS Where To Get Transport To Badagry In Lagos / Ibom Air Today Celebrate One Million Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.