Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,443 members, 7,954,746 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:25 AM

There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria (3592 Views)

Woman Who Impregnated Self With Stolen Semen From Billionaire Wins Child Support / Hotel Cleaner Who Stole Sperm From A Used Condom Won Child Support Battle / Men Pls Resist Any Move By The Judiciary To Implement Child Support In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 16, 2018
amethystnnty1:

I'm sure you do know that the child support is based on the non custodial parent and not the child's need. In most US states 25% of his/her (mostly father's) income.

For a broke ass deadbeat father the child support might be just what the child need or slightly lower than expected to cater for the need but for a millionaire or a billionaire........

Things will get more complicated if you've more money... the woman will request for child support, alimony and properties..

Nothing like broke when it comes to child support... you must pay if you like be earning 1naira
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
amethystnnty1:
The institution of marriage in Nigerian is still somewhat sacred due to fact that most women are not aware of this, awareness of this will lead to its rapid death like in all western countries.

Marriage has declined drastically in the west.. from 87 in 1997 to 47% this year.

Well just pray Nigerian ladies don't know such laws exist in Nigeria.. BTW why are you scared?

After wasting her life you want to leave her empty handed abi?

you must share the properties... or be smart enough to sign pre-nup
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by amethystnnty1: 3:55pm On Jun 16, 2018
Elder001:

Marriage has declined drastically in the west.. from 87 in 1997 to 47% this year.

Well just pray Nigerian ladies don't know such laws exist in Nigeria.. BTW why are you scared?

After wasting her life you want to leave her empty handed abi?

you must share the properties... or be smart enough to sign pre-nup

Scared? Hell No! More like pity for the future generations.

I'm sorry sir but I don't get the part about "wasting her life"
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by amethystnnty1: 3:59pm On Jun 16, 2018
Elder001:

Nothing like broke when it comes to child support... you must pay if you like be earning 1naira

What I meant was that only broke guys pay their fair share (just what the kid need). The well to do guys are a source of income for the mothers.
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 16, 2018
Elder001:

No need quoting me.. I don't want anybody to play with me.

I didn't stop anyone from paying child support.

biko don't quote me again.
Stop making bogus assumptions you can't prove.Ciao.
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 16, 2018
MhisTahrah:
Stop making bogus assumptions you can't prove.Ciao.

I guess you didn't saw "most" on that post, right?

With a comprehension level this shallow I wonder why you're quoting me.

2 Likes

Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 16, 2018
amethystnnty1:

What I meant was that only broke guys pay their fair share (just what the kid need). The well to do guys are a source of income for the mothers.

lol!
you just called it fair share.
They're supposed to pay their fair share not becoming ATM for the woman whether broke or not.

You're tired of marriage and you filed for divorce.. the man doesn't owe you any responsibility any more
he only owes responsibility to his kids.

what you just said applies only to western countries not country like Nigeria.

TY danjuma's billionaire younger brother divorced Caroline danjuma without paying any settlement or sharing any properties, he was told to pay only child support which wasn't more than 70k.. only Babangida's son pays huge child support in Nigeria (500k) and I'm sure he decided to pay that amount on his own not on the court's order.

Aboderin family were taken to court by the wife of their son who divorced him but no single property was given to her.

I don't know if those guys bribed the judges though.
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
amethystnnty1:

Scared? Hell No! More like pity for the future generations.
I'm sorry sir but I don't get the part about "wasting her life"
www.nairaland.com/4565627/dont-trust-woman-insist-registry
read it. you'll understand what I mean.
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 16, 2018
Elder001:

I guess you didn't saw "most" on that post, right?

With a comprehension level this shallow I wonder why you're quoting me.
You stated that women use most of their kids' child support for their personal expenses and I asked you to prove it.If there's anyone here having problems with comprehension, it's you.I suppose you're in charge of their finances for you to know that,huh?
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 16, 2018
MhisTahrah:
You stated that women use most of their kids' child support for their personal expenses and I asked you to prove it.If there's anyone here having problems with comprehension, it's you.I suppose you're in charge of their finances for you to know that,huh?

Most women don't use all the child support money on the kids rather they use the money to sort themselves out.. this is common in Canada and UK where child support has turned into a lucrative business.

You'll see a 24year old lady having 5kids with different men with no intention of marriage because of child support.
Some ladies even resort to rape just to get pregnant.

it's rare but still in Nigerian...

I don't have much to say you type like someone who doesn't have manners.

If you don't agree with me ignore my post and stop disturbing my mentions.

1 Like

Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by UncleJudax(m): 8:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
Elder001:

60% of Child support money aren't spent on kids.. most women use most of the money for themselves not the kids.

If you think I should give you child support why don't you allow me to take custody so that you can pay me the child support?.

Funny as it sounds, any woman that shares properties with me or request for child support and she doesn't spend 100% of the money on the kids won't live long enough to enjoy the money.

I hate people who back stab me.. It'll be a clean job
Cleàn Job huh...Kyari Abi wetin be hin Name de Listen o grin
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 18, 2018
Kimcutie:
Wow. Most of these laws are made by men against men.

I'm still surprised that the Nigerian lawmakers we all know will pass such bills.. seems like they don't know the implications.

95% of nass is made up of men.. still don't understand how these bills got passed.

Especially northern lawmakers... if they could pass this bill in 2004 why didn't the same NASS pass the 2014bill which would've allowed females to inherit properties in Nigeria?.

between the two which is more dangerous?

sounds funny... The same Nass that voted enmass 80% to flush out the bill that would've allowed females to inherit properties in Nigeria because of religious and tribal nonsense.
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:01pm On Jun 18, 2018
Preshy561:

yeah,true.
atleast,70/30 is okay.

everyone should get and acquire their own properties.Why should you be hoping to take 30% of someone elses properties?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by xenastar(f): 3:14pm On May 31, 2022
Hmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have This Ever Happened To You In A Wedding Ceremony (shocking) / Any Single Lady In Ilorin That Wants To Be bleeped. / Bride Wear Wrong Dress On Wedding Day - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.