Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,686 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Can A Man Hide His Properties Using His Companies In A Divorce - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Man Hide His Properties Using His Companies In A Divorce (4894 Views)

Meet Ex-arsenal Player Who Lost All His Properties To White Wife / Man Calls Out Lady For Using His Money To Book Flight To See Another Guy / Ehi Ogbebor Gets Engaged, 10 Years After A Divorce & Two Kids (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Man Hide His Properties Using His Companies In A Divorce by sarahade(f): 8:57pm On Jun 18, 2018
MotorGuru:

Your opinion about men is quite frightening.
I think it will be in your best interest not to marry ( a man)

Whatever I do with my life is not your business.
And fyi I have found a man whom I will die for he is my everything and he is nothing like you stupid boys on nairaland
Re: Can A Man Hide His Properties Using His Companies In A Divorce by MotorGuru: 9:35pm On Jun 18, 2018
sarahade:

Whatever I do with my life is not your business.
And fyi I have found a man whom I will die for he is my everything and he is nothing like you stupid boys on nairaland

Noted.
Re: Can A Man Hide His Properties Using His Companies In A Divorce by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 19, 2018
2buffagain:

To even enter the boldened, it is mostly women who don't know how to act when they find themselves in that position.
With the exception of a few good women, a lot of them would feel the guy needs to be disrespected constantly....eventually leading to the destruction of the marriage.

Some careers just have different end-game earning potential.

If one was to now say "no women should be hired as executives in fortune 500 companies so they don't feel their non-executive-but-very-comfortable husbands are beneath them", that one will be another issue all-together, not to mention stupid. cheesy

That's why all that old toxic thinking does no good for anyone's marriage in this day and age.

Anyway, people evovle in different speeds.

Best to leave cavemen to marry cavewomen, and for modern men to marry modern women.
Re: Can A Man Hide His Properties Using His Companies In A Divorce by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 19, 2018
Flye:

Amen ooo!!!! I don set boundaries and made my wife sees sense rather than the shallow thinking her mum is trying to pass across. Never the less, I will take necessary precaution to avoid the story that touches.
Lol..

In as much as omogwo is mostly done by the mothers of the woman.. I don't have a child yet but when my wife and I do my mum must be the one to do the omogwuo.

If my wife doesn't agree then both mothers stay. ..both hers and my mom.

Men should wise up.
Re: Can A Man Hide His Properties Using His Companies In A Divorce by Nobody: 4:24am On Jun 19, 2018
o42austino:
I am planning on sell a major share to my mother as a form of investment limiting my share to just %5 I will buy it back once the divorce is settled

This is a nice advice. I already have my prenuptial ready, that's if I would get married oo. What you came with is what you will leave with plus an expensive wedding ring, if you don't like bye!
Re: Can A Man Hide His Properties Using His Companies In A Divorce by Cathyblinks: 7:58am On Jun 19, 2018
LivingFree:

If you need to tame then you are dealing with a beast and not a human being because humans need to be understood, they don't need taming.

Taming for me is to make less powerful and easier to control, To understand someone totally and trying not to do things that will upset or make them enraged is taming too.

Even men can be described as beast cos of what they do.
Re: Can A Man Hide His Properties Using His Companies In A Divorce by o42austino(m): 9:47am On Jun 19, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

even in the western world the duration of the amrraige matters.You cant be married for just 2 years and expect to get 50%.Some states in the US do not pay for any marriage less than 10 years
wow that's what I need to hear wink
Re: Can A Man Hide His Properties Using His Companies In A Divorce by o42austino(m): 9:51am On Jun 19, 2018
tunjilana:
Noone and nothing is stopping any woman from achieving her goals in this 21st century...even women who had no directio for their life prior marriage, who u had to feed, cloth...help set up several businesses which they ruined will still want to claim it was marriage that rendered them useless. If u say u live 20 yrs of ur life for him...The man that wakes up early to come back late so as to feed, cloth and provide for the family is living for who ?...No woman is giving anything to anyone...Forget the fact u bear his name or the kids bear his name...we all know most women benefit more from the kids even when it is men who sweat more to provide....Lets stop all this fake narrative...if cooking and cleaning for him is what u meant then u were simply playing ur part in the partnership same way he played his so when divorce happens no one should be made to pay for the defficiencies of the other...it isnt fair....A woman should work out her own financial independence b4 marriage and also strive to b even in marriage...simple
don't mind them taking care of Kids are their excuse for not achieving success forgetting that we also take care of the same kids and also in many cases hire helps to take care of our kids,they have enough time at hand but they refused to do anything with it.
Re: Can A Man Hide His Properties Using His Companies In A Divorce by o42austino(m): 9:53am On Jun 19, 2018
Elder001:

Seems like you think Nigerian judges for fools.

Even a female judge won't share any properties 50%.

Well.. the dream is free.

Nobody is barred from living in delusions and dreams.

I repeat “the dream is free”
gbam,you said it all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Man Hide His Properties Using His Companies In A Divorce by o42austino(m): 9:56am On Jun 19, 2018
Flye:

The bolder was the first issue and source of confrontation btw me and my mother in law, like I said b4 my wife is a free will person who is care free and of good personality but as soon as her mum came for omugwo she started to take note of somethings and began to push. First she pick up my careless words about my money and my acct, she called me to ask about joint acct or merger of our acct which I innocently told her I don't believe in it. She made sure she held my word of " my money is my money and her money is her money" then she called my wife to inform her about that statement and how I denounce her concerning the finances. She still called me in the presence of my wife to ask me the same question which I innocently answered her and I also informed her that I don't believe in merger of finances and asset, I encourage my wife to build her career, have her account, properties and others , anything properties I will possess will rather be in my children's name. My wife sees nothing bad in it but her mum keeps informing her of danger. My joy is that my wife is directly opposite of her mum.
our mother in-laws contribute very well to broken home in 9ja,they do feed their daughters with evil plans on how to handle their man
Re: Can A Man Hide His Properties Using His Companies In A Divorce by o42austino(m): 10:00am On Jun 19, 2018
Elder001:

From what you just wrote it is clear that you're obviously a kid or who else starts a text with insults?.. Indomie generation without manners.

First of all your mandate in marriage isn't to sit at home, clean and take care of children. This is the 21st century.

There are many women who don't have nannies that are working and still taking care of children.

What's the purpose of nannies and house help?

If you can't afford nanny you can beg your mum to come and do omougwo till the kid gets to 4years.

Contrary to your claim most Nigerian men want their wives to have their own money.

Your husband can't decide for you.

You can't decide to stay at home and waste your life then later you start saying the man was the one who wasted your life.
Go out there make money and acquire your own properties.
if any one replies you with insult you should know that your talking with a kid,most teens here thinks everyone here is within their age bracket

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Man Hide His Properties Using His Companies In A Divorce by kaboninc(m): 6:37am On Jun 22, 2018
sisisioge:

grin grin grin

Funny you! So that legal entity fell from heaven ba? Yes, the entity operates as a private individual but it is owned by someone/people. Now, madam has no right to its operations/affairs but has a claim on it based on what her husband owns in it. Some husbands would at the point of incorporation divide shares between themselves, wives and children...just like you and your brother have done. Now, when the claimant wants to claim some of your properties, she would list her claims as certain percentage of your percentage holdings. Ie. 50% of your 55% shares in XYZ coy. She goes for your jugular and claim a certain percentage of everything in your name, God help you you ain't in naija.

However, in naija where most women are basically concerned about their children alone and some basic properties, you might not have to fight tooth and nail. Just give her the children and a workable allowance to be home free.

Why would any one be planning divorce bikonu? That woman that once rocked your world nko? She's still within, pls find her again. It is well.

I never knew you once read law
Re: Can A Man Hide His Properties Using His Companies In A Divorce by sisisioge: 6:42am On Jun 22, 2018
kaboninc:

I never knew you once read law

My person! Longest time....it was a crash course jare grin
Re: Can A Man Hide His Properties Using His Companies In A Divorce by kaboninc(m): 6:56am On Jun 22, 2018
sisisioge:

My person! Longest time....it was a crash course jare grin

Yes oh, as you take leave me like that.

Interesting and I sha like your views...always.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Any Relationship Last Without Finance? / Strange Nature Pictures That You Have Never Seen Before. (Pictures) / 7 Things Every Man Does When He's Serious About You...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.