Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. (12328 Views)

Man Dumps Wife For Being A Bad Cook / Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing / Man Dumps Wife For Sister Inlaw, Says Her Cooking And Sex Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by AloyEmeka5: 2:25am On Jun 09, 2010
Outstrip:

It just seems that when a lot of evil against women is done in our land a woman is usually in the middle of it. For example the Oba that just attempted to kill his wife came with another wife to do his deed. We have ekaette trying so hard to pass a bill to persecute women when in that same country we have women being forced into prostitution just so they can keep a job. Female circumcision is usually done by women and as you can see with yerima it was woman who matched in his defense. I don't know what it is or if it is just conditioning.
Gbam.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Sissy3(f): 3:21am On Jun 09, 2010
Outstrip:

It just seems that when a lot of evil against women is done in our land a woman is usually in the middle of it. For example the Oba that just attempted to kill his wife came with another wife to do his deed. We have ekaette trying so hard to pass a bill to persecute women when in that same country we have women being forced into prostitution just so they can keep a job. Female circumcision is usually done by women and as you can see with yerima it was woman who matched in his defense. I don't know what it is or if it is just conditioning.

true but i think this is unpredictable cause if you get a male judge who shares the same view as the husband, "you dont reap where you didnt sow""she is greedy" blah blah or who has extreme POV. it goes both ways. but i think she will definitely get a substantial share of their property if she has a good counsel(s)
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Outstrip(f): 4:28am On Jun 09, 2010
Good counsel is the key. I just hope that it is someone who will not be swayed by the money that her husband might be able to bribe him or her away with
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Sissy3(f): 4:32am On Jun 09, 2010
Outstrip:

Good counsel is the key. I just hope that it is someone who will not be swayed by the money that her husband might be able to bribe him or her away with

thats definitely a big one. how could we have forgotten that one sef along? lol for me i'd say the chance of that happening is 65-75% cause the husband will do everything in his power to make sure the woman get less.

how i wish we could follow the case and know the final outcome
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 09, 2010
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Sissy3(f): 7:49am On Jun 09, 2010
What does the man stand to lose by paying for his wife to be comfortable after the divorce especially as he can afford it?   

greedy is the keyword. as you can see he already claimed she didnt contribute anything to the business so why reap where you didnt sow? since the woman doesnt want to suck up to his bs and wants to quit therefore she should as well find herself a means of living with her OWN money

Would he rather she sold pure water or gala on the street? What is wrong with peoples consciences these days?

he could careless sef if the woman did worse things. conscience ke?

What I don't get is why/how do people who used to love each other so much can become so spiteful.

thats divorce for you lol. where couples show their true ugly selves esp when there is huge property/money at stake
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by honeric01(m): 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2010
And how are we sure what the lady said is true? this is all Allegation that has not been proven, what if the lady is the one lying?
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by stagger: 12:52pm On Jun 09, 2010
N300,000 monthly support! N1bn compensation.

And she is even a housewife!

Let her first go and get a job and hustle the N300,000 every month for twelve months straight. Maybe she will learn some lessons on the value of money.

As for the husband, shame on him. It is men like this that give us a bad name with such despicable behaviour.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by mrperfect2(m): 12:55pm On Jun 09, 2010
Although judging by the article I don't think that what the Engineer did is right, but does the woman wants to zap the man?
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by morfeus: 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2010
som women are terrible wo, just Gold diggers.  I bet u she made the story up so she can share his wealth.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by honeric01(m): 1:00pm On Jun 09, 2010
mr.perfect:

Although judging by the article[b] I don't think that what the Engineer did is right[/b], but does the woman wants to zap the man?

stagger:

As for the husband, shame on him. It is men like this that give us a bad name with such despicable behaviour.

I hope you lot know what they call allegations? do you? undecided
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by bisiaet: 1:10pm On Jun 09, 2010
Hmmmmmmm men na wa o
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by otukpo(f): 1:16pm On Jun 09, 2010
Women don suffer for dis we country!
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Felibaby(f): 1:31pm On Jun 09, 2010
morfeus:

som women are terrible wo, just Gold diggers. I bet u she made the story up so she can share his wealth.

Its either you were born stupid or you are just a nitwit. A gold digger after how many years of marriage? The woman should get as much as she can from him. I gave her kudos for even knowing all the assets of the man. Some women dont even know what their hubby has. She made a mistake by not making sure both their names are on the documents. After using her all this years, he wants to replace her without compensation.

Even retired worker dey get gratuity.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by texazzpete(m): 1:43pm On Jun 09, 2010
lol @ people saying 'he breached the contract of their marriage'
Which legal contract?

N300,000 monthly for child support, is the woman on crack?
This is Nigeria, she'll be lucky to get a house and N10 million to start life.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by AloyEmeka5: 2:08pm On Jun 09, 2010
texazzpete:

lol @ people saying 'he breached the contract of their marriage'
Which legal contract?

N300,000 monthly for child support, is the woman on crack?
This is Nigeria, she'll be lucky to get a house and N10 million to start life.

Marriage is a legal contract; if you breach it, you'll pay dearly. Enough is enough for Nigerian men. It's high time they are taught a serious lesson on adultery.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by dustydee: 2:16pm On Jun 09, 2010
1 billion? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 09, 2010
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Wrex(m): 2:28pm On Jun 09, 2010
stagger:

N300,000 monthly support! N1bn compensation.

And she is even a housewife!

Let her first go and get a job and hustle the N300,000 every month for twelve months straight. Maybe she will learn some lessons on the value of money.

You can't just jump into conclusion like that.How are you sure the woman is not Lieing .From what i see,the woman is just after the man's wealth,that amount she is asking for is ridiculous.Make she go rob bank now,
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by AloyEmeka5: 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2010
chaircover:

If he is worth at least 10 billion then why not. . . .  .and that is even me being content with little  wink

If he is worth N10 billion, the woman should demand and make sure she gets at least N 9 billion from that wealth. 90% of your wealth or nothing.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by texazzpete(m): 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Marriage is a legal contract; if you breach it, you'll pay dearly. Enough is enough for Nigerian men. It's high time they are taught a serious lesson on adultery.

There's nothing in the marriage court papers that states that you'll 'pay dearly' if the contract is breached.
Also, what about Nigerian women? Who's to say women don't commit adultery? And as far as marriage is concerned, who's to say relentless nagging isn't a 'breach' of the 'contract'? AT least by her own statement the woman admits to harbouring and displaying distrust for her husband. You swore to love and trust your man. You don't anymore. doesn't that too qualify as a breach of contract?

Aloy+Emeka:

If he is worth N10 billion, the woman should demand and make sure she gets at least N 9 billion from that wealth. 90% of your wealth or nothing.

I hope you do realize that the only way to be sure she gets at least 90% of his wealth is to have him killed? Just come out and say it plainly grin
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by hydroking23(m): 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Unfortunately there are some ladies who are dead bent on collecting this type of percentage when it comes to a divorce settlement.  What happened to Paul McCartney always sticks out in my mind.  In this case have the allegations against the Husband even been proved?  Do we even have the basis for why the husband is seeking divorce??  It could even be possible that the Wife wasn't this Angel you all are portraying to be.  The husband denied all the allegations so the burden of proof is on the Wife as to why she is being divorced.  She doesn't strike me as that intelligent to begin with knowing the husband has all of these foreign and domestic assets, yet her name isn't on a single document.  That alone should void her from getting jack shi t.  Theres 3 sides to every story as you must know so let's get all the facts before we start talking about who did what, who deserves what and who God should judge at the end of it all.

Are prenuptial agreements used in Nigerian divorce proceedings?  If so, you guys that wanna trick off on ur wife better get one of these in place so you can at least put your financial agreements in order with your wife or soon to be ex-wife so she doesn't get less or more than she deserves in event you hit and quit  grin
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by spikedcylinder: 3:12pm On Jun 09, 2010
Outstrip:

You're right but it could be either way as Sissy said. I'll take my chances on a woman! It'll be pretty hard to find a man that thinks a woman is deserving of anything post-divorce. cheesy
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by bish2(m): 3:23pm On Jun 09, 2010
Not just in Naija, women all around the world are just "bloody opportunists", From Abrahamnovic's of chelsea's wife to Tiger Wood's and this one on ground. Had it been the man was wretched will she sue for N1b or just follow her new toaster quietly? If truly she was hardworking, she should face her biz and let the man concentrate on his biz, but because she is lazy, she even doubts her ability to manage N1b and has to ask for an Extra N300,00 for future insurance against hunger when she squanders the N1b. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by AloyEmeka5: 3:35pm On Jun 09, 2010
texazzpete:

There's nothing in the marriage court papers that states that you'll 'pay dearly' if the contract is breached.
Also, what about Nigerian women? Who's to say women don't commit adultery? And as far as marriage is concerned, who's to say relentless nagging isn't a 'breach' of the 'contract'? AT least by her own statement the woman admits to harbouring and displaying distrust for her husband. You swore to love and trust your man. You don't anymore. doesn't that too qualify as a breach of contract?
Relentless nagging is not betrayal. Her frail trust for her husband is justified because he was philandering. How can you trust a he goat?. Marriage is a bilateral contract that demands moral and spiritual commitment from both parties at all cost. Adultery not only breaches the contract but endangers the other party's life and people should be made to pay for it dearly. It is a murder attempt so, party who committed adultery should either pay up or stay in jail for endangering the other party's life. She/he will also be entitled to compensation for emotional pain and suffering. If you cannot keep the marriage laws, stay single.

I hope you do realize that the only way to be sure she gets at least 90% of his wealth is to have him killed? Just come out and say it plainly  grin

Nobody is killing him because women are rarely predisposed to that kind of reasoning. It is the man who will be considering knocking her out in order to keep all his wealth. I hope she demands and get a female judge sha because it will make her case easier. Nigerian women are sick and tired of the way Nigerian men treat them. Enough is enough.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by texazzpete(m): 3:50pm On Jun 09, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Relentless nagging is not betrayal. Her frail trust for her husband is justified because he was philandering. How can you trust a he goat?. Marriage is a bilateral contract that demands moral and spiritual commitment from both parties at all cost. Adultery not only breaches the contract but endangers the other party's life and people should be made to pay for it dearly. It is a murder attempt so, party who committed adultery should either pay up or stay in jail for endangering the other party's life. She/he will also be entitled to compensation for emotional pain and suffering. If you cannot keep the marriage laws, stay single.

Endanger life? Murder attempt? Someone sure loves to exaggerate grin.
There's no place in the court papers that insists on 100% faithfulness to your partner. You must be referring to the church vows - and remember that the bride solemnly swore to love and honor her husband. Ergo, nagging and distrust is a breach of those same vows. And it isn't always lower in magnitude than adultery IMHO. There are many men who have had their confidence shattered by having to cohabit with an abusive woman. Some have been driven to early graves.
My colleague in the office caught his wife listening outside the toilet when he was taking a dump. apparently her friend happened upon her own husband making a call to his mistress from the toilet, so my colleague's wife decided to also start a snooping campaign outside the toilet when my friend goes for a dump. Isn't that a 'breach' too?

But we're going off-topic here, just wanted to show you that things aren't always as clear cut as they seem.

Aloy+Emeka:

Nobody is killing him because women are rarely predisposed to that kind of reasoning. It is the man who will be considering knocking her out in order to keep all his wealth. I hope she demands and get a female judge sha because it will make her case easier. Nigerian women are sick and tired of the way Nigerian men treat them. Enough is enough.

Nobody in the world will give the woman 90% of the man's wealth. The only way for the woman to get all the money is to bump the man off. Stop pretending as if you don't know what you're recomending she does grin
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by iz2much: 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2010
hmm,
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by eldee(m): 4:21pm On Jun 09, 2010
I think divorce laws need a review.

Truthfully what's the reasoning behind letting a woman claim money after divorce??
That tradition is set in Victorian Britain when women never used to work. . . if you don't get and education and work, then tough luck . . . why should I pay you 1BN because I prefer to be with the housemaid??

Is marriage a prison?? Should you pay just because you no longer find the woman attractive??

This is 2010 for heaven's sake . . .
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 09, 2010
Does this mean the woman can't account something material she gained from the man all the while they were together? How come she asking for so much?

if u check well, the woman no fine. . . heck if a man leaves his beauty queen and go after another
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Orikinla(m): 4:38pm On Jun 09, 2010
When it comes to sexual lust, majority of Nigerian men are he-goats.
They can sleep with any female with boobs.

One slept with the housegirl and got pubic lice. The wife was shocked when she found out.

Nigerian men prefer mugus. Girls they can cheat.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by eldee(m): 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2010
Orikinla:

When it comes to sexual lust, majority of Nigerian men are he-goats.
They can sleep with any female with bosoms.

One slept with the housegirl and got pubic lice. The wife was shocked when she found out.

Nigerian men prefer mugus. Girls they can cheat.

Exactly . . . it's a preference.
You think they're stupid?? Cool.

But why should you take the thing to excessive demands of shares of his wealth??
Are you punishing him for getting pubic lice or for downgrading??

Ex-wives seriously need to get a life.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 09, 2010
texazzpete:

IMHO. There are many men who have had their confidence shattered by having to cohabit with an abusive woman. Some have been driven to early graves.
My colleague in the office caught his wife listening outside the toilet when he was taking a dump. apparently her friend happened upon her own husband making a call to his mistress from the toilet, so my colleague's wife decided to also start a snooping campaign outside the toilet when my friend goes for a dump. Isn't that a 'breach' too?

wahala dey o! cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? / A Wife's Greatest Weapon. / Phase When You Start Hating Your Family’s Financial Situation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.