Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. (12327 Views)

Man Dumps Wife For Being A Bad Cook / Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing / Man Dumps Wife For Sister Inlaw, Says Her Cooking And Sex Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Sagamite(m): 3:43am On Jun 12, 2010
eldee:

Freaking arrogant plonkers . . . would it have been better if he were sleeping with a banker??
What's with the silly emphasis on the housemaid part.

I still don't get why it should be the job of the law to punish a man for preferring his housemaid to his wife.

Thank you.

I was wondering about the whole superior human mentality. Somehow, some feel they are more worthy and superior than those without a silver spoon because they were lucky to be born into an environment where they had opportunity to develop and compete?

I was saying that the people in "Welcome to Lagos" are the type of people we look down on as less human.

eldee:

You know what I think is not fair?? Staying in a marriage when all you want to do is sleep with someone else.

You dey crase.  grin

Aloy+Emeka:

The man may have made the money but he wouldn't achieve his full potential if the woman was not doing her job at home.

Is this science?

So how did Simon Cowell achieve his wealth without marriage?

How do alot of footballers and Tiger woods etc achieve their wealth before or without marriage?

spikedcylinder:

Then why did he get married in the first place? To find someone to boss around? To be at his beck and call? Many men sleep around regardless, it doesn't mean they don't love their wives or that they want a divorce.

If she had cheated on him, he would have had no option but to be hurt and dump her. The courts will not award him monetary compensation for it.

She should be hurt and dump him too. It is not nice, but I don't believe courts should be their to judge lifestyle moral standards.

As a housewife, she is entitled to something for the missed opportunity but not what she is not capable of earning.

eldee:

Under the law, a marriage is a contract.
When contracts are severed, compensation is based on what you brought to the contract and not halving the defecting party's property.
The law is not there to halve people's property because they made a simple mistake and arguably victimless, it makes a mess of the legal system.

In your own logic, when I sign a contract to work for a company for a period of time and I quit without a reason, they should come and take half of my investments.
Or isn't the workplace contract an institution ordained by the law too??

It is totally unreasonable and out-of-place for the law to be used as a tool for revenge when love goes sour.
The law is wrong . . . and it needs to be fixed, it's already getting enough criticism in the UK, I'm sure Nigeria is waiting there like the obedient dog waiting for them to correct theirs first.

PRISTINE ARGUMENTS!

tayo4me:

With the way women are being treated, I dont think I will get married o, because I cant tolerate all the rubbish men dish out to women. After suffering with a man when he was a nobody, he suddenly wakes up one day after becuming somebody and decides to get married to sum1 else, and tell u to your face u didnt contribute anytin to his life.

I tell people that care to listen that if I eventually get married and then smell a rat, I wont hesitate to leave the marriage. Many women suffer in marriages especially in Africa but refuse to leave because of their children. Honestly the best is to leave, because the children you claim to be protecting will not forgive you later if the situation gets worse. After leaving, I will make life difficult for the man and the so-called new woman.

Some men are just really ungrateful

It is your responsibility to assess and select your partner well. And if you get it wrong, then you should bear the outcome of your own decisions. The law should not punish people for not being the person you want them to be.

If you are not happy, dump the relationship and move on. HE HAS A RIGHT NOT TO WANT TO BE WITH YOU ANYMORE.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by tayo4me(f): 5:53am On Jun 12, 2010
I am not surprised there are still many men with archaic beliefs out there. I dont know why some practice double standards. Telling me a man has the right not to be with me anymore- but why is the case different when the table turns, and the woman also decides to exercise her own right not to be with the man any more? That is when we hear things like- ha she is w h o r e, after bringing her out from her village blah blah blah.

Some men refuse to allow their wives to work or make sure they (women) are in an employment that pays less than theirs (men). At this point the men promise heaven on earth that they will take care of all their needs, make sure they will not suffer and other stories that make you wanna throw up in the mans face. The women are naturally more involved emotionally in the marriage and spend countless hours taking care of the home-front (which is their duty anyway), and also put up with all the insults of their husbands. Now when it's time for divorce, and the woman demands something off you, you all start ranting. That is when you remember she did not contribute anything to your wealth. What happened to all the promises made some previous years Definitely the man is to blame in such situation cuz he refused her to be employed. So you expect her to go out in the cold with nothing to hold on to, probably worse off than she was before marriage, all in the name of not contributing anything

I will continue to say it- some men are just ungrateful!!!
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Sagamite(m): 9:23am On Jun 12, 2010
tayo4me:

I am not surprised there are still many men with archaic beliefs out there. I dont know why some practice double standards. Telling me a man has the right not to be with me anymore- but why is the case different when the table turns, and the woman also decides to exercise her own right not to be with the man any more? That is when we hear things like- ha she is w h o r e, after bringing her out from her village blah blah blah.

Yes, she can.

Relationship is not by force. If she is not happy and what to move to another relationship, there is nothing under the law that should stop her or ask her to pay to get out.

People should be free to choose who they want to be with. Without some lame excuse by the unwanted that punitive measures by the law be applied to the partner no more interested.

tayo4me:

Some men refuse to allow their wives to work or make sure they (women) are in an employment that pays less than theirs (men). At this point the men promise heaven on earth that they will take care of all their needs, make sure they will not suffer and other stories that make you wanna throw up in the mans face.

Allow her to work? So he did not force her? He promised her and BY HER CHOICE, she chose to agree?

tayo4me:

The women are naturally more involved emotionally in the marriage and spend countless hours taking care of the home-front (which is their duty anyway), and also put up with all the insults of their husbands. Now when it's time for divorce, and the woman demands something off you, you all start ranting. That is when you remember she did not contribute anything to your wealth. What happened to all the promises made some previous years Definitely the man is to blame in such situation cuz he refused her to be employed. So you expect her to go out in the cold with nothing to hold on to, probably worse off than she was before marriage, all in the name of not contributing anything

I will continue to say it- some men are just ungrateful!!!

If she is a housewife, it is not that she should get nothing, it is just the amount she should get above what she is capable of earning if she had worked.

Person wey be dental nurse, wey dey claim one third of a footballer husband's earnings as compensation for being housewife and claiming she contributed to his success by doing housework. So he would not have been good at football if he was not married? He would not have been able to command the same earnings without her? She was the one that gave him skills? She was the one that thought him technique? She was the one that took him to football training since he was 7? But she thinks she is worth one third of his earnings?
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by tayo4me(f): 9:37am On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

Allow her to work? So he did not force her? He promised her and BY HER CHOICE, she chose to agree?

Even if she does not agree, the man will still blame her. I know of a woman who insisted on working despite her husband's warnings. She did this in order to prevent a situation where she has to beg her husband for everything or have nothing in case of a separation. The husband called her all soughts of names and said the wife was just making an excuse to cheat on him. He eventually sent her packing despite the pleas of people around him. Now what do you make of that?

There are so many marriages where women are treated less than human beings, that should have no say in what happens to their lives. It is just rather unfortunate.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by texazzpete(m): 10:12am On Jun 12, 2010
tayo4me:

There are so many marriages where women are treated less than human beings, that should have no say in what happens to their lives. It is just rather unfortunate.

And there are so many marriages where men are nagged to death. What do you make of that? Isn't that unfortunate, too?

Eldee's point is very simple. In marriages, men and women have been known to cheat. Why then is it not acceptable for men to demand hefty compensation from their wives when they separate over infidelity?
Gbenga Obasanjo filed for a divorce from his wife over allegations of her rampant infidelity. Why did we not hear the likes of you and Aloy+Emeka demanding that Moji Obasanjo pay out compensation to the man?
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by zayhal(f): 10:19am On Jun 12, 2010
Has anyone read the comments posted at the site of the news? The sons of the woman are actually saying that what we read in the news is contrary to what happened in their home. One of them claims it's just an attempt to rubbish their family name.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headlines/28616-Industrialist-Dumps-Wife-Marries-Housemaid-Wife-Demands-N1B-Compensation.html
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Sagamite(m): 10:20am On Jun 12, 2010
tayo4me:

Even if she does not agree, the man will still blame her. I know of a woman who insisted on working despite her husband's warnings. She did this in order to prevent a situation where she has to beg her husband for everything or have nothing in case of a separation. The husband called her all soughts of names and said the wife was just making an excuse to cheat on him. He eventually sent her packing despite the pleas of people around him. Now what do you make of that?

What do I make of that?  shocked

SHE IS LUCKY NOT TO BE WITH HIM. Unfortunately, she is too daft not to make the decision herself and wait for him to dump her.

Women should begin to stop blaming the whole world for their own poor choices with men and poor decisions in relationships.

Except you live in an area where you will be flogged/imprisoned/assaulted for not accepting certain decisions, then decisions made is your choice.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by eldee(m): 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

I wonder why you did not complain or demand for a change in the typical Nigerian  culture that relegates women to the back seat. A culture where the man can wake up any day and send the woman packing to her fathers house with or without her children, replace her with another woman and still threaten to make life miserable for her?. How come you started complaining because your ego is threatened by the fact that women are over running the Nigerian judiciary and the law is slowly working towards their favor?. Just respect yourself and your wife otherwise your azz will be on the street. It is the new Nigerian order, get with the program as soon as possible if you know what is good for you. Bella-Power ebeano!

I warned you to avoid personal comments . . . I have not in any way made any reference to your personal life based on your opinions.

Now, you know how I told you to see the big picture??
So you actually think it's empowering for women not to work and make their own wealth??
Because that's all this is encouraging.

I'm of the opinion that people should be able to end marriages when they want to, it's more respectful to the institution of marriage than living in empty shell marriages where you can't stand your spouse.
These extreme settlements are bad for the institution of marriage. . . do you get that drift??
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by makajibbz(m): 1:31pm On Jun 12, 2010
Well, ladies and gentlemen and elder , i am happy with some of the wonderful comments i read here,  I am somehow afraid that our legal system will support the Big man that probably has a pot belly(developed cos the poor woman in question gave him to much peace to accumulate so much), Madam, my advice is that if  law court supports him to leave you dry , please God'scourt does not agree with the wicked, You gave 2 much peace of mind in that marriage and was part of the reason He became filthy rich, Go back to the source of his wealth, ask the source God ,even your God and Father and surrender to him  for his MERCY, God will fight for you, yes he will fight for you and teach him some hard lessons, Do not even fight for yourself cos knowing the kind of his wealth he has now and influences, am just not sure  the court of law will do, Nigeria is not USA, but God is still God.

Married housemaid behind your back,(your housemaid) really some men are just bleeped up, after you built his life and status, He is an ingrate!!!!!!!
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Sagamite(m): 1:48pm On Jun 12, 2010
The reality is that the Naija judicial system is very unfair on women.

Even though she deserves something, she is deluded to think it is 1bn except she can prove that:

1) Without her he would not have made such wealth

2) She is capable of making such wealth but they both agreed she should be a housewife

3) Her work from home directly generated or can be qualified to be worth N1bn.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by eldee(m): 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

Is this science?

So how did Simon Cowell achieve his wealth without marriage?

How do alot of footballers and Tiger woods etc achieve their wealth before or without marriage?

That part of the whole thing is what makes me laugh the most . . .
What exactly was the woman doing that the housemaid wasn't?? grin grin

In their logic, going to parties and closing down textile stores in Italy is a difficult job.
Sometimes we need to examine these western maxims . . . because I don't see how Coleen has contributed to Wayne Rooney's 32 goals this season.
Apart from the fact that she's always on shopping sprees on OK magazine.

tayo4me:

You know what you should be saying instead of calling me 'archaic'??
You should be here supporting women to be able to leave men that try to enforce the old 'housewife' tradition on them.

If a man is insecure enough to stop you from applying your educational qualifications, he does not deserve to be with you.
Women rights is not all about equal pay, it's about knowing that you have the right to make your own decisions in any situation.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Sagamite(m): 2:02pm On Jun 12, 2010
eldee:

That part of the whole thing is what makes me laugh the most . . .
What exactly was the woman doing that the housemaid wasn't?? grin grin

In their logic, going to parties and closing down textile stores in Italy is a difficult job.
Sometimes we need to examine these western maxims . . . because I don't see how Coleen has contributed to Wayne Rooney's 32 goals this season.
Apart from the fact that she's always on shopping sprees on OK magazine.

She is his wife, SO SHE DESERVES [size=18pt]50%[/size]!!!

grin grin grin grin grin

What logic process. It must be right because oyinbo dem dey do am.  undecided

If they breakup, I dare say Colleen should even be refunding him for improving her life.  grin grin
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by eldee(m): 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

The reality is that the Naija judicial system is very unfair on women.

I think society (women included) is unfair on women. . . it starts from basic ideologies like 'a woman is only complete when she gets married'.
Traditions like . . . 'don't marry a woman that will earn higher than you', 'a woman's job is to satisfy a man' . . . they are taken out of context and twisted till they degrade women.

Girls grow up learning it and think that their lives are tied to the men they marry.
All these things go into our institutions and end up influencing the judicial system.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Sagamite(m): 2:12pm On Jun 12, 2010
eldee:

I think society (women included) is unfair on women. . . it starts from basic ideologies like 'a woman is only complete when she gets married'.
Traditions like . . . 'don't marry a woman that will earn higher than you', 'a woman's job is to satisfy a man' . . . they are taken out of context and twisted till they degrade women.

Girls grow up learning it and think that their lives are tied to the men they marry.
All these things go into our institutions and end up influencing the judicial system.

We need to change this but DEFINITELY not to the stewpid model of the West.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by rhymz(m): 2:18pm On Jun 12, 2010
eldee:

. . .hmmm. . Lemme guess, you don't have a problem with your wife earning more than you, ok that is understandable. How about she being the bread winner of the family, being more educated than you? Ever talk to a woman before and you feel you are talking to an encyclopaedia??. . .hahahaha. . Sometimes, it is better to keep em tame than let em run their independent, feministic- I don't need no man circles on you! Call me weird!
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by rhymz(m): 2:19pm On Jun 12, 2010
eldee:

Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by eldee(m): 2:35pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

We need to change this but DEFINITELY not to the stewpid model of the West.

There are some things we can learn from them, and there are places where we'll see how they've gone way too far.
We just need to see what's best for us.

rhymz:

. . .hmmm. . Lemme guess, you don't have a problem with your wife earning more than you, ok that is understandable. How about she being the bread winner of the family, being more educated than you? Ever talk to a woman before and you feel you are talking to an encyclopaedia??. . .hahahaha. . Sometimes, it is better to keep em tame than let em run their independent, feministic- I don't need no man circles on you! Call me weird!

That's where I said it's taken out of context.
Most times you'll meet your lady in places you frequent, and this is usually based on your social class.

But when it leads to men going to pick a wife from the village just so you can control her, then sumn is wrong.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by rhymz(m): 4:13pm On Jun 12, 2010
Eldee
You know there is a big difference between what you ve in the west and what is obtainable here. I agree our culture is a bit too chauvinistic and our law tends to support that but look at the effect, stronger families with properly raised kids. Unlike the very feministic western culture and legal system that allows bimbos scoop up a man's entire savings in the event of divorce or the high rate of single parent upbringing with kids who are so morally bankrupt and weird. . . Seriously if any of us needs to copy, I think the West needs more of our virtues in this regard than we do them
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by rhymz(m): 5:04pm On Jun 12, 2010
Why do women attach emotions when they make decisions. Imagine all the female commentators jumping to conclusions and writing long epistles of what the woman did which in fact does not have any direct bearing on the man's business, chances are that she married him because of his wealth. Let us asume her allegations are true, the question here is, is polygamy against the law? Whether the man chooses to marry another woman, it is his prerogative as an African man, last time I checked, it is not against the law. Besides, the woman's demands are obscene, 10billion Naira and 300k child support. Looks more like an angry woman that is out to destroy her husband for dumping her. She can be sure she is not going to get that kinda money, if I were the man myself, I will play dirty since obviously that is all she is about. I mean if she wants compensation that is alright but to go that mile, geeeze, she did not contribute in anyway to the business and she is making dat kinda demand. . . Ukwu biwa kawa ya there. . Na so dem dey take become billionaire?? . . .she should be ready to go without a dime! Damn Gold digger that sees her husband as a meal thicket to eldorado. . Scheeew
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by AloyEmeka5: 5:44pm On Jun 12, 2010
texazzpete:

And there are so many marriages where men are nagged to death. What do you make of that? Isn't that unfortunate, too?

Eldee's point is very simple. In marriages, men and women have been known to cheat. Why then is it not acceptable for men to demand hefty compensation from their wives when they separate over infidelity?
Gbenga Obasanjo filed for a divorce from his wife over allegations of her rampant infidelity. Why did we not hear the likes of you and Aloy+Emeka demanding that Moji Obasanjo pay out compensation to the man?

Because there is no compensation to pay. Gbenga is 300x richer than Moji, so what does he want from her?. He[Gbenga] should also be held responsible for child support tho even besides, his actions may be the reason why Moji cheated. Gbenga is known to be painting the town red with different women. This is not about Moji, it's about the injestice meted on women by Nigerian men and I am marveled at the speed all of them unite irrespective of religious, ethical and tribal differences in order to subdue women. Why do Nigerian men feel threatened and become self defensive whenever issues of divorce and the 50/50 settlement come up?
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by AloyEmeka5: 5:47pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite.

How many times did I call your name?. Don't let women mug you and Eldee one day on the streets of Lagos.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by spikedcylinder: 2:22pm On Jun 13, 2010
I can't be bothered to read all the arguments here but it seems we'll never agree to disagree.
Sagamite, I know is a lost cause. Him and satan are very good friends. Eldee, how do you plead?
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 13, 2010
Sagamite:

Ehn! I know.

Na Nigeria's annual budget make she ask for. grin

Which would you prefer, castrating you or taking your money? cheesy Choose wisely. tongue
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Sagamite(m): 6:26pm On Jun 13, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite,Sagamite.

How many times did I call your name?. Don't let women mug you and Eldee one day on the streets of Lagos.

Women mugging me is norm! cool

spikedcylinder:

I can't be bothered to read all the arguments here but it seems we'll never agree to disagree.
Sagamite, I know is a lost cause. Him and satan are very good friends. Eldee, how do you plead?

Leave my best friend alone jor.

I need him when I want to do evil!  tongue

stillwater:

Which would you prefer, castrating you or taking your money? cheesy Choose wisely. tongue

Castrate me!

I don't use the thing that much. It has been redundant and decrepit for over 30 years now anyway. undecided
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Sagamite(m): 6:31pm On Jun 13, 2010
rhymz:

Eldee
You know there is a big difference between what you ve in the west and what is obtainable here. I agree our culture is a bit too chauvinistic and our law tends to support that but look at the effect, stronger families with properly raised kids. Unlike the very feministic western culture and legal system that allows bimbos scoop up a man's entire savings in the event of divorce or the high rate of single parent upbringing with kids who are so morally bankrupt and weird. . . Seriously if any of us needs to copy, I think the West needs more of our virtues in this regard than we do them

Stronger family but unhappy and frustrated women.

That somehow does not sit right with me. Justice FOR ALL!
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 13, 2010
Sagamite:

Women mugging me is norm! cool

Leave my best friend alone jor.

I need him when I want to do evil!  tongue

Castrate me!

I don't use the thing that much. It has been redundant and decrepit for over 30 years now anyway. undecided

Perfect bliss. grin
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Sagamite(m): 6:35pm On Jun 13, 2010
rhymz:

Why do women attach emotions when they make decisions. Imagine all the female commentators jumping to conclusions and writing long epistles of what the woman did which in fact does not have any direct bearing on the man's business, chances are that she married him because of his wealth.

Thank you!

Like if the man does nothing in the relationship.

Like if majority of women would stay with a man that is doing nothing for them. Does the court also award him a windfall for what he contributed to the relationship?

Emotional rubbish!

rhymz:

Besides, the woman's demands are obscene, 10billion Naira and 300k child support. Looks more like an angry woman  that is out to destroy her husband for dumping her. She can be sure she is not going to get that kinda money, if I were the man myself, I will play dirty since obviously that is all she is about. I mean if she wants compensation that is alright but to go that mile, geeeze, she did not contribute in anyway to the business and she is making dat kinda demand. . . Ukwu biwa kawa ya there. . Na so dem dey take become billionaire?? . . .she should be ready to go without a dime! Damn Gold digger that sees her husband as a meal thicket to eldorado. . Scheeew

For me, I would be generous stance to you by default especially if you ar a housewife after separating what is yours. What I don't need is for some stewpid judge to tell me cooking and cleaning my house was what made me successful and contributed to 50% of my wealth.

The utter western fooools! What made me successful is my upbringing (values, education, mentoring), my innate ability, knowledge acquired, interests and my personal drive. Which no woman contributed to except she is my mother and paid for my education.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by rhymz(m): 11:22pm On Jun 13, 2010
Sagamite:

Stronger family but unhappy and frustrated women.

That somehow does not sit right with me. Justice FOR ALL!
. . . Sorry bro, can't have your bread buttered on both sides. Besides, aint no such thing as justice for all, just a placebo to make one feel not cheated. BTW, are you sayin for better for worse = unhappy and frustrated Well that is debatable though!
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by allycat: 11:35pm On Jun 13, 2010
I have an aunt whose husband tried something similar years back.  Asked her not to work cos he didnt want his kids raised by househelps. Years later  he now decided she was a liability and kicked her out with 2 kids, forgetting that it was her salary that put him through school in the early days. Fortunately her family had some money and she was youg enough to start afresh and went into bizness. Can u imagine that the bagger showed up almost 20 years later, begging for forgiveness: when his bizness had taken a turn for the worse and the 2nd wife bailed. I wish I could say my aunt told him to take a hike, instead she was the one by his side when he died of Ca prostrate ,cleaning his ass and his spittle. All his other women only showed up at the funeral with their kids to check for their own share of what was left.
Fortunately for my cousins, my mums family made sure they got a great education, they are both doing well and so didnt need to struggle for property. The only problem they have now are their half brothers and sisters who keep coming around, with one problem or the other. They are still in school and their mum chooses to forget that my aunt trained her kids herself while she was the iyawo. Meanwhile the stupid man is dead and cant see the mess he left behind.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by AloyEmeka5: 5:58am On Jun 14, 2010
allycat:

I have an aunt whose husband tried something similar years back.  Asked her not to work cos he didnt want his kids raised by househelps. Years later  he now decided she was a liability and kicked her out with 2 kids, forgetting that it was her salary that put him through school in the early days. Fortunately her family had some money and she was youg enough to start afresh and went into bizness. Can u imagine that the bagger showed up almost 20 years later, begging for forgiveness: when his bizness had taken a turn for the worse and the 2nd wife bailed. I wish I could say my aunt told him to take a hike, instead she was the one by his side when he died of Ca prostrate ,cleaning his backside and his spittle. All his other women only showed up at the funeral with their kids to check for their own share of what was left.
Fortunately for my cousins, my mums family made sure they got a great education, they are both doing well and so didnt need to struggle for property. The only problem they have now are their half brothers and sisters who keep coming around, with one problem or the other. They are still in school and their mum chooses to forget that my aunt trained her kids herself while she was the iyawo. Meanwhile the silly man is dead and cant see the mess he left behind.

Your story didn't add up. If he showed up 20 years later because he went broke, what were his other children trying to share after his demise?
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by rubaslipa: 6:27am On Jun 14, 2010
Gotta say that I'm with the women on this one. Some of the comments men are making on this issue are disgraceful, don't list me among those men 'uniting to keep women down', especially with specious arguments.

Adultery or no adultery (and knowing what I can even do myself, let alone knowing what I have heard of happening before, I'm betting that this big man has seen more 'pata', than just the one his wife wears), the fact is that he is the one who wants to divorce his wife. In almost every advanced country, the eventual laws decree that when a man wants to abandon his wife and children, he has to continue to take care of them same way, they are not old socks that have developed holes. It's not just the support his wife gave him in the early years, it's the fact that he supposedly entered into a lifetime partnership contract with her, which he now wants to tear up.

Again, in most countries, the final legal position is that rich or poor, the richer party asking for divorce pays to maintain the 'ex' according to their means, and according to the wealth gained during the marriage. So a poor man can get away with 'tashere' money, because that's all he has. This man has to pay real money, as he can afford it. It even goes for mega-rich wives. Madonna had to pay her (rich) ex around £50m plus property when they divorced.

As far as I can see, most of the men making shameful comments are simply in favour of men being able to abandon their families cheaply. It is not only Nigerian men that like to be able to do this - the same behaviour shaped the divorce laws in Europe and America.

It seems extreme for the very rich, but actually they are intended to safeguard the poor.

All you guys claiming the wife is a gold-digger (she waited small to begin digging o!), comparing the wife with Heather Mills, saying the wife is equally at fault, it's unnecessary punishment, she is trying to frustrate him, she deserves nothing etc, should hang your heads.  lipsrsealed

Men don't like to marry a woman who is too much more successful than themselves, because they don't want to be treated the way that they like to treat women.

BTW, The comments (supposedly) from the kids on the case are pretty meaningless, they are more concerned with the family name, and say nothing to the point.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Sagamite(m): 7:40am On Jun 14, 2010
rhymz:

. . . Sorry bro, can't have your bread buttered on both sides. Besides, aint no such thing as justice for all, just a placebo to make one feel not cheated. BTW, are you sayin for better for worse = unhappy and frustrated Well that is debatable though!

I am the type that would refuse to eat the bread until the chic butters both sides.  grin

Blatant injustice never brings peace or progress. There should be clear strive for justice even if it is quixotic.

I am saying the law in places like Africa is so screwed against women, some men are so heartless and wicked towards women exploiting the fact the society is patriarchal, but the women can not leave the relationship because they would end up destitute and suffering. So they stay in miserable relationships being unhappy. That is not right or fair.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where And How To Meet Guys Ready 4 Marriage / Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? / Phase When You Start Hating Your Family’s Financial Situation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.