Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects (20004 Views)

Fresh Crisis Brews In APC As NWC Rejects Campaign Council List / Fresh Crisis Brews In Igangan As Herdsmen Resume Farm Destruction / Crises Brew In NASS Over Tenure Of Clerk, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 22, 2018
diebuhari1:
Coward

Lazy youth
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by TeamSimple(m): 8:28am On Jun 22, 2018
diebuhari1:
Coward
Still better than the dumb easterners that couldn't speak

2 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by princeade86(m): 8:29am On Jun 22, 2018
international thieves thieves.

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by SheikhMuniru(m): 8:30am On Jun 22, 2018
ABEG WHO GET GUN HERE I WAN USE AM INSIDE NASS AND HOUSE OF REP ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by eluquenson(m): 8:31am On Jun 22, 2018
Nigeria is a dead country

Don't even think of it may be it will be better, I can bet it with my life that Nigeria is a cursed country
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by sureheaven(m): 8:31am On Jun 22, 2018
By allocating money for them to service which community?
Were they voted for community service job or to make Law and check the excesses of the executive.

All of them are thieves..

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by Abeyjide: 8:33am On Jun 22, 2018
at the end of the day, useless senators will now be buying exercise book ,clipper etc after collecting billions of naira.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by Amen24(f): 8:35am On Jun 22, 2018
people will not comments on this trend now because it's not about Buhari, Jonathan or religion, tribes. "We are captives of our own identities living in prisons of our own creation" ...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by santopelele(m): 8:35am On Jun 22, 2018
Naijaria, the forbidden land in the desert
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by Abfinest007(m): 8:39am On Jun 22, 2018
obj was right then when he said d national assembly are thieves

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by AntiWailer: 8:41am On Jun 22, 2018
Armed Robbers.

Armed with illegitimate votes.

Armed with brainless never do good supporters

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by DWJOBScom(m): 8:42am On Jun 22, 2018
Bossontop:
undecided
Chaii!!!!...... Our polithiefcians don share d money before d money even land......
Abeg which party be d majority for the NASS Thieves sef....i don forget

noone will ask that question
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by teepain: 8:48am On Jun 22, 2018
Paperwhite:
This country should say no to the corrupt bicameral NASS.Meanwhile both the presidency,NASS & judiciary in Nigeria are all corrupt. undecided

I agree completely with you that the bicameral legislature should go. Even though Buhari has not done too well I give it to him for standing up to these "legislooters". Budget padding has been the stock-in-trade of these national assembly members since 1999 till date, we would never have known but for Buhari who chose to expose the practice. It has to stop.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by Rickyuzzy(f): 8:48am On Jun 22, 2018
Harrynight:
angry

"The stunning revelation by the Presidency that the National Assembly inserted personal projects worth N578 billion into the 2018 budget has stirred a serious dissension among members of the National Assembly,
We have to thank Mr. President for this eye-opening revelation on the padding of the 2018 budget by the NASS and we will take it from there when we resume in short while from now"...
_Udoma Udo Udoma

And the president still went ahead to sign the budgets

Or they only realized the Padedd "Phantom projects" after signing

It was the plan, the law is that the budget has to be signed 6months before the end of the fiscal year. NASS played smart and boxed the president into one corner so he had no choice or else the money won't be released

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by johnmattew: 8:48am On Jun 22, 2018
where were Ben Bruce ,shehu sannu,Dino melaye,remi tinubu etc when the budget were padded?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by Rickyuzzy(f): 8:49am On Jun 22, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
I will keep saying it,both the people in the presidency and the NASS are all together in these. They can only tell that to the gullubles. How can you as a president agree to sign the budget knowing fully well that it was padded? Don't he have the right to reject it ? Last years own was padded,you signed,this one again you still signed. I believe this people are using the strategy of divide and rule here.They make us believe that they are for us but they re not. NASS is corrupt yes,but why our president agree to sign it knowing fully well that it is padded is what I'm yet to under stand.

It was the plan, the law is that the budget has to be signed 6months before the end of the fiscal year. NASS played smart and boxed the president into one corner so he had no choice or else the money won't be released

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by cyrilamx(m): 8:49am On Jun 22, 2018
Adekdammy:
Let sincere military take over jo, after all several infrastructures that we are enjoying now were built by the military.

We need military men that will not stay more than two years and their job will be to bring sanity to the land again, ban existing politicians from contesting elections again, create and instill discipline in the system, raise young, intelligent and pro active breed without greed whose mission will be to serve and not to loot.

These current politicians are worst than the devil who is the father of lies.

Of a truth we need to start afresh.
PMB as GMB with his staunched deputy tried to do it between December 31st 1983 to August 27th 1985 through WAI and jailing of corrupt politicians to tune of 300 years while confiscating their illgotten wealth. But alas, Nigerians then, our forebears rejected such discipline, that GMB millitary government was yo dictatorial. when Ibb overthrew him, he released all jailed politicians. The rest is history.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by johnmattew: 8:49am On Jun 22, 2018
where were south east senators when Enugu international airport project,east west road and 2nd naija bridge allocation was reduced?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 22, 2018
Under Section 171(1) of the Constitution, the President can make Magu act forever. If you are PDP-leaning, get used to it.
Under S. 80(4) NASS PRESCRIBES what is to be appropriated. It can prescribe ANYTHING. If you are APC-leaning, get used to it.
You don’t like it, change it!
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 22, 2018
Under Section 171(1) of the Constitution, the President can make Magu act forever. If you are PDP-leaning, get used to it.
Under S. 80(4) NASS PRESCRIBES what is to be appropriated. It can prescribe ANYTHING. If you are APC-leaning, get used to it.
You don’t like it, change it!
ElsonMorali:
Democracy can never work for Nigeria.

Democracy is not meant for all countries.

Our democracy is almost 20 years old and it's getting worse, not better.
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by OhiOfIhima: 8:56am On Jun 22, 2018
What a NASS, what a government. If you ask me Nigeria don't have a justify reason to run a Bi-camera system of Govt, all of them are just dere for their pocket. In my Town where I come from 10% of that money to each Legislooters will never be used for a vital project instead they will buy guns for the gullible youths to snatch ballot boxes for them... Still d voice of peoples that should be the Voice of God waiting n pray to God to come down n fight our fight for us... We, Nigerians are too scare to confront our leaders, an organize protests will reset their mindset. Very wicked set of human being.

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by OlujobaSamuel: 8:57am On Jun 22, 2018
i think falz should make that his song a series like trap in the closet by R.Kelly, so many things to sing about.

2 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by Teejay123: 9:01am On Jun 22, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
I will keep saying it,both the people in the presidency and the NASS are all together in these. They can only tell that to the gullubles. How can you as a president agree to sign the budget knowing fully well that it was padded? Don't he have the right to reject it ? Last years own was padded,you signed,this one again you still signed. I believe this people are using the strategy of divide and rule here.They make us believe that they are for us but they re not. NASS is corrupt yes,but why our president agree to sign it knowing fully well that it is padded is what I'm yet to under stand.
if he doesn't sign, the bill can be vetoed.
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by ultiabaz36(m): 9:04am On Jun 22, 2018
And some oloriburuku mashanfani will come here and be defending what is not defendable. All the weyreysco defending Saraki and his partners in crime will surely yawere at the end of their life.

They say not too young to run but some oloriburuku, alatenuje, mashanfani youth keep campaigning for those old fools. Gbogbo yin ni tsunami ma gbelo last.
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by cooljo85: 9:06am On Jun 22, 2018
Awon ole radarada...Nigeria needs to be delivered from these inglorious baboons called legislooters
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by Ugosample(m): 9:06am On Jun 22, 2018
chriskosherbal:
Nigeria! Nigeria!! Nigeria!!!

How many times did I call you undecided

Sometimes I sit down on my own and wonder what crime did we commit as a nation that we can't be forgiven that things have to degenerate to this level .. undecided

Somebody will sit down and think that the anger some are venting on others on the issue that concerns the budget is national interest undertone or motivated .

One is even thanking the president for opening thier eyes to the rigmaro taking place within the house in terms of some getting elephant project and others rat projects .. they even have a name for it "phantom project".

But a day is coming when monkey go go market but e nu go come back ...

God bless Nigeria.

The crime committed is that the average Nigerian is a wicked soul.

The leaders are wicked, and the leaders are from the people, hence my thought that Nigerians are wicked
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by OChimex: 9:09am On Jun 22, 2018
My conclusion, sad though, Blacks are grossly incompetent of ruling themselves. If you doubt it a little research on any black nation will clarify you on this.

Bring back colonial masters.
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by akilo1: 9:13am On Jun 22, 2018
this circled criminals called national disgrace are doing what they know best for themselves while the lazy Nigeria youth are here on nairaland ranting ,vote out this criminals in power
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by ikdaddy01(m): 9:14am On Jun 22, 2018
Do I need to read this. ?
Knowing fully well where it came from...
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by Almusty6060(m): 9:20am On Jun 22, 2018
i swear d people i hate most in my life is saraki nd dogara.....God will surely judge cry
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by Hotzone(m): 9:25am On Jun 22, 2018
Buhari has failed in so many ways like; not fulfilling any of his promises, causing separation and hate and also plunging the country in economic and security hazard situation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Rejects Proposal To Repair Ports’ Scanners With N753m / Tinubu Retains Kyari As NNPCL GCEO, Appoints Akinyelure As Board Chairman / Police List 15 Major Electoral Offences Voters Must Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.