Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,428 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects (20000 Views)

Fresh Crisis Brews In APC As NWC Rejects Campaign Council List / Fresh Crisis Brews In Igangan As Herdsmen Resume Farm Destruction / Crises Brew In NASS Over Tenure Of Clerk, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by tfelicityk(m): 9:40am On Jun 22, 2018
NASS members are Rogues... Shameless people. They still cheat each other after padding the National budget. Why can't we Nigerians protest for one person representing the state instead of three people who had no values to us. Then, presidency should scrapped one of the chamber.

2 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by omoelerin1: 9:42am On Jun 22, 2018
ElsonMorali:
Democracy can never work for Nigeria.

Democracy is not meant for all countries.

Our democracy is almost 20 years old and it's getting worse, not better.
You must be very right. Honestly, I have been making research on this issue. 'Comparative military and Democratic Govt in Nigeria: Nigeria political History since 1960'.

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by valarmorghulis: 9:47am On Jun 22, 2018
diebuhari1:
Coward
Ur rep for house of assembly no get mouth? Oloriburuku mashanfani

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by kanosalami: 9:47am On Jun 22, 2018
chriskosherbal:
Nigeria! Nigeria!! Nigeria!!!

How many times did I call you undecided

Sometimes I sit down on my own and wonder what crime did we commit as a nation that we can't be forgiven that things have to degenerate to this level .. undecided

Somebody will sit down and think that the anger some are venting on others on the issue that concerns the budget is national interest undertone or motivated .

One is even thanking the president for opening thier eyes to the rigmaro taking place within the house in terms of some getting elephant project and others rat projects .. they even have a name for it "phantom project".

But a day is coming when monkey go go market but e nu go come back ...

God bless Nigeria.
They are working so hard to blackmail the leadership of the National Assembly APC!!
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by brodalokie: 9:54am On Jun 22, 2018
Security vote grin
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by slimfit1(m): 10:09am On Jun 22, 2018
kowalsky:

These curses don't work.

Rather poor men are busy choking on poverty.

Dont worry God will soon run out of patience or us one or the other, we are still far away from the egde.
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by morisnewrain(m): 10:17am On Jun 22, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
I will keep saying it,both the people in the presidency and the NASS are all together in these. They can only tell that to the gullubles. How can you as a president agree to sign the budget knowing fully well that it was padded? Don't he have the right to reject it ? Last years own was padded,you signed,this one again you still signed. I believe this people are using the strategy of divide and rule here.They make us believe that they are for us but they re not. NASS is corrupt yes,but why our president agree to sign it knowing fully well that it is padded is what I'm yet to under stand.
You would still be the same people that would complain delay from presidency to sign the bill. If he didn't sign it and exposed their plans, you will not the real enemies. This is not just padded budget but willfully insertion of certain amount to inflate their constituency projects.

2 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by ElsonMorali: 10:36am On Jun 22, 2018
omoelerin1:
You must be very right. Honestly, I have been making research on this issue. 'Comparative military and Democratic Govt in Nigeria: Nigeria political History since 1960'.

There are countries doing very well without democracy. I was in Dubai recently and was wowed.

Being an architect I had read of the ruler's initiatives in turning Dubai into a tourist destination.

I look at Nigeria with the same oil and better potentials and I shake my head in sorrow. The dilemma of the black man with the black mind.
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by ElsonMorali: 10:36am On Jun 22, 2018
omoelerin1:

There are countries doing very well without democracy. I was in Dubai recently and was wowed.

Being an architect I had read of the ruler's initiatives in turning Dubai into a tourist destination.

I look at Nigeria with the same oil and better potentials and I shake my head in sorrow. The dilemma of the black man.
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by Gggg102(m): 10:37am On Jun 22, 2018
bunch of thieves!!!

instead of them to complain that money was stolen, they are complaining that they did not receive their fair share of stolen money.
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by unitysheart(m): 10:41am On Jun 22, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
I will keep saying it,both the people in the presidency and the NASS are all together in these. They can only tell that to the gullubles. How can you as a president agree to sign the budget knowing fully well that it was padded? Don't he have the right to reject it ? Last years own was padded,you signed,this one again you still signed. I believe this people are using the strategy of divide and rule here.They make us believe that they are for us but they re not. NASS is corrupt yes,but why our president agree to sign it knowing fully well that it is padded is what I'm yet to under stand.
Buhari said he will send and amended and supplementary budget to address the issues.
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by ElsonMorali: 10:41am On Jun 22, 2018
Teetopz:
Under Section 171(1) of the Constitution, the President can make Magu act forever. If you are PDP-leaning, get used to it.
Under S. 80(4) NASS PRESCRIBES what is to be appropriated. It can prescribe ANYTHING. If you are APC-leaning, get used to it.
You don’t like it, change it!

So from the very short post I put out there all you can glean from it is that I'm either PDP or APC? undecided

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by MarieSucre(f): 10:55am On Jun 22, 2018
I'm happy no one came here to justify the violence by calling him a razor-mouthed, disrespectful husband.

Please no one should come here and call him weak man o. This is what drives male victims of domestic violence to be ashamed of speaking up. Let him cry out, let him speak his mind. It is not your body suffering the violence, don't come on nairaland and anonymously give life threatening advice that does not apply to hi situation.

Hunku you know what they say, once the person hits you once, they will continue hitting you, you can take nairaland advice and STAY and WORK ON YOUR MARRIAGE, and be RESPECTFUL, and HUMBLE, COOK her favourite food and, don't DENY HER SEX and other yen yen yen about or... you can recognise the signs of a manipulative abuser and book it the hell out of there. Your choice.
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by omoelerin1: 11:02am On Jun 22, 2018
ElsonMorali:

I look at Nigeria with the same oil and better potentials and I shake my head in sorrow. The dilemma of the black man.
This is the result of the lie that US and other western nations handed over to us. They make us understand that only a democratic state can prosper, develop, peaceful and stable. Which is a big lie.
They started exporting democracy to every other part of the world. They ensured that many African states adopted democratic system by influencing, cajoling and mounting pressures on them.
Africa has not been able to get itself because democracy was alien to the continent, in the first instance. That is why we have not been able to practice that democracy in its true form.
What what works in place may not work in another place. This is a fact! China has not democracy for a day, yet it will soon emerged as the world biggest economy.

Experiences have shown that democracy is not the best form of government, especially for a country like Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by MarieSucre(f): 11:03am On Jun 22, 2018
Federal Legislathiefs. It's obvious most of them rerunning for their seats. They need campaign funds.
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by enemyofprogress: 11:16am On Jun 22, 2018
Let's sell the jungle and share the money
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by ElsonMorali: 11:18am On Jun 22, 2018
omoelerin1:
This is the result of the lie that US and other western nations handed over to us. They make us understand that only a democratic state can prosper, develop, peaceful and stable. Which is a big lie.
They started exporting democracy to every other part of the world. They ensured that many African states adopted democratic system by influencing, cajoling and mounting pressures on them.
Africa has not been able to get itself because democracy was alien to the continent, in the first instance. That is why we have not been able to practice that democracy in its true form.
What what works in place may not work in another place. This is a fact! China has not democracy for a day, yet it will soon emerged as the world biggest economy.

Experiences have shown that democracy is not the best form of government, especially for a country like Nigeria.

Very true. A critical analysis of American democracy will reveal that it's actually not a government of the people, by the people, for the people like it's commonly thought to be.

The Americans voted in the majority for Clinton yet a small body called electoral college determined who became President.

At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, I make bold to say that not only is America being ruled by Freemasons, (most, if not all of their presidents belonged or belong to Freemason), their ultimate goal is to entrench a one world government and one world religion upon the world.

We are nearly there.

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by jbtobsyn(m): 11:35am On Jun 22, 2018
ElsonMorali:
Democracy can never work for Nigeria.

Democracy is not meant for all countries.

Our democracy is almost 20 years old and it's getting worse, not better.
It has rotten to the core,so worst. I don't know the sin I committed to be a Nigerian. I suppose don go to an American parents or better places.

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by COMPAQ(m): 11:35am On Jun 22, 2018
Can Buhari not simply refuse the money for these projects under the guise of no money? At least asides the NASS main budget which is statutory transfer, the NASS cannot go dip it's hands into the CBN to get money for these projects.

I suspect that's what Buhari meant when he said "these projects will be difficult to implement".

Knowing the NASS though, I see them trying to lobby Buhari to drop money for these projects to the NASS directly.
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by edupedia: 12:20pm On Jun 22, 2018
Gazzy88:
Gov Ganduje of Kano's daughter married Gov Ajimobi of Oyo's son!
Yes bro , Dangote's Daughter married former IGP Mohammed's son!
Bros ! Buhari's daughter married the richest man's son from Borno State .
Abike Dabiri , former lawmaker and now special adviser to the president on foreign matters is now an inlaw to Gov . Ibikunle Amosun , governor of Ogun State.
Let me inform you again that, Prof Yemi Osibanjo's daughter was taken to the same kind of home marrying the son of one of the richest black women in Nigeria .
Their children study abroad , start work abroad , get married abroad , go to hospitals abroad , treat headache and cough abroad , give birth abroad, establish businesses abroad , go for vacation abroad , et al.
Yet, they come out later to give you guns, machete, axes and few thousands of naira to cut your fellow brothers down in the name of election . Believe me, they will be coming to you again come2019 .
Bros ! If u are only good as political thugs , ballot box snatchers , and not as an in-law , then u have Problem .
# UseYourBrain
Forward to every Youth you know.

.So u think u are clever, abi?..of all those u mentioned here which of them is connected to the money they want to share... But your usual looters in npDP and PDP are at work again and u are here trying to 419 Nigerians... Shiorr to all those supporting them
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by edupedia: 12:26pm On Jun 22, 2018
diebuhari1:
Coward

...what logic is there in the noise u made? lazy youth is not only about not being able to carry half a bag of cement... it also refers to illogicality in responses to others on N/L....rubbish and nonsense...
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by KingRagnar: 12:28pm On Jun 22, 2018
All these money NASS is sharing, there is God o!!!. On a serious note, If not for greed, why will the NASS cut budget so they can fund their personal lifestyles at the detriment of the entire nation? I mean, they do not have the constitutional right to initiate project but they did, indiscipline!!!. I can't wait for 2019 to come give PMB the power to flush them out from the assembly. The enemies within are those gradually killing this nation
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by pafisayo(m): 12:55pm On Jun 22, 2018
Rickyuzzy:

It was the plan, the law is that the budget has to be signed 6months before the end of the fiscal year. NASS played smart and boxed the president into one corner so he had no choice or else the money won't be released

God bless you but still our people will snuff sentiments and blame the Dullard for everything.
I pray he wins next year and throw pretty much everyone in Jail Tinubu obj Gej and his northern brothers. he should also revoke most of their oil wel licenses and let the natives control their resources but pay a huge percentage to the federation’ everytime region will start utilizing their natural resources.
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by pafisayo(m): 12:56pm On Jun 22, 2018
cyrilamx:
PMB as GMB with his staunched deputy tried to do it between December 31st 1983 to August 27th 1985 through WAI and jailing of corrupt politicians to tune of 300 years while confiscating their illgotten wealth. But alas, Nigerians then, our forebears rejected such discipline, that GMB millitary government was yo dictatorial. when Ibb overthrew him, he released all jailed politicians. The rest is history.

Lol
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by pafisayo(m): 12:57pm On Jun 22, 2018
ultiabaz36:
And some oloriburuku mashanfani will come here and be defending what is not defendable. All the weyreysco defending Saraki and his partners in crime will surely yawere at the end of their life.

They say not too young to run but some oloriburuku, alatenuje, mashanfani youth keep campaigning for those old fools. Gbogbo yin ni tsunami ma gbelo last.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 22, 2018
chriskosherbal:
Nigeria! Nigeria!! Nigeria!!!

How many times did I call you undecided

Sometimes I sit down on my own and wonder what crime did we commit as a nation that we can't be forgiven that things have to degenerate to this level .. undecided

Somebody will sit down and think that the anger some are venting on others on the issue that concerns the budget is national interest undertone or motivated .

One is even thanking the president for opening thier eyes to the rigmaro taking place within the house in terms of some getting elephant project and others rat projects .. they even have a name for it "phantom project".

But a day is coming when monkey go go market but e nu go come back ...

God bless Nigeria.

When we told people that Nigeria is not a country, it's a zoo. They didn't know.

Nigeria is a only place(Noun) where budgets always signed during elections periods, yet, these terrorists(Nigerian politicians's) supporters will still go ahead to votes them in for another four years, totalling eight wasted years. Some of these terrorists are still there in chambers codedly, they won't say anything in order not to be noticed by their constituencies. Most people here don't even know their representatives.

The only solution is to support referendum for Biafra restoration, all the countries in the world will stay away from Nigeria completely.

Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by Dailyway: 3:37pm On Jun 22, 2018
Remember 2019 is an Election year.
Re: Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects by benuejosh: 8:44pm On Jun 22, 2018
kanosalami:
They are working so hard to blackmail the leadership of the National Assembly APC!!
how old are you Kpatuma?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra State Daily Road Maintenance Men At Work. / Retired Generals Warn Military To Stay Out Of Politics / Pdp’ll Form Next Govt In Lagos —mimiko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.