Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees (19178 Views)

Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees / PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark / APC Inaugurates Conflict Resolution Committees (LIST/PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by kahal29: 6:41am On Jun 22, 2018
In a statement yesterday by his Special Adviser, Media, Uche Anichukwu, the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu said that his findings showed that the cut took place at the level of committees and that hopefully the affected committees would make the necessary explanations very soon.

He said, “The committees of the National Assembly are usually given a free hand to do their jobs, but they are structured in a way that every geopolitical zone is represented. That way, they can call the attention of the principal officer from their zone when any challenges arise. The Chairman of the House Committee on Works called my attention to the challenges in appropriations, award, and funding of major road projects and I made my modest interventions to resolve the issues.

“In this case, the South East occupies the positions of Vice Chairman of the House and Senate Committees on Appropriation and also chairs the House Committee on Aviation. Nobody informed me of any challenges concerning budgetary provisions for the Akanu Ibiam Airport.

“Instructively, the National Assembly approved exactly the same N2 billion for the same terminal building in the 2017 Appropriation Act. So, I believe the relevant committees of the National Assembly committees are on top of the situation.”

Culled from Vanguard Newspaper

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/06/budget-cuts-seast-senators-fault-slash-n2bn-allocation-enugu-airport-n500m/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by yemmight(m): 6:42am On Jun 22, 2018
One by one dem done they come out talk true.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by kahal29: 6:43am On Jun 22, 2018
yemmight:
One by one dem done they come out talk true.

Yes oh...

U guys followed Saraki and now u r learning the hard way. Better thank PMB for the information.

The E rats ranting at PMB are actually Bigots who don't even know the issue but typical I hate Buhari. Vanguard

103 Likes 11 Shares

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by iammo(m): 6:45am On Jun 22, 2018
Damage control,

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by softmind24: 6:49am On Jun 22, 2018
Smile

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by Karlman: 6:49am On Jun 22, 2018
OK

1 Like

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by Paretomaster1(m): 6:49am On Jun 22, 2018
Yet Flattinoes are already blaming PMB.

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by odiks: 6:50am On Jun 22, 2018
The truth is that all the Senators and Rep members from the east are aware of the cut but thought that the executives will not scrutinize it and cry foul when they discovered any thing. Its a strategy that did not work they wanted to use it and condemn the executives that they marginalized the SE had it been that the executives did not open up.Hunter come become the Hunted.

They actually wanted to demarket PMB by shouting... This APC government never hide their hatred for south easterners..... the gullible Ipob youths would have believed them.

147 Likes 19 Shares

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by kahal29: 6:56am On Jun 22, 2018
iammo:
Damage control,

Like some said on vanguard

"Shame on South East senator's, God bless you buhari, the earlier we put sentiment aside and call evil-evil the better for nigeria, thanks buhari for this revelation . This is how ekweremadu and others represent us.

Thank God for buhari telling nigerians what is going on , Abaribe and others will be claiming not to know. The same Senate where we have members representing us are the ones cutting South East budgets"

104 Likes 15 Shares

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by benjamin007: 6:58am On Jun 22, 2018
Let's just accept the fact that Nigeria is doomed
Quote me and die today

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by nanauju(f): 6:59am On Jun 22, 2018
These south eastern leaders are the most corrupt in this country. The fact that none of their kinsmen call them to order is more frustrating.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 22, 2018
angry angry angry

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have nothing to say on this post ooo. But I just noticed that you'll hardly find a south Easterner speaking ill of Ekweremadu... Does it mean that he's not corrupt....?!

The man dey part of the people wey dey spoil this country.... Nonsense.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by EternalTruths: 7:01am On Jun 22, 2018
The SE must find out at what point the cuts were made and who made those cuts.

We must find out which part of Nigeria the people who made the cuts are from.

Buhari you must explain this fact below
You think you can use money meant for SE zone to play ping pong politics.?

Buh“Instructively, the National Assembly approved exactly the same N2 billion for the same terminal building in the 2017 Appropriation Act. So, I believe the relevant committees of the National Assembly committees are on top of the situation.”

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by diebuhari1: 7:02am On Jun 22, 2018
Instructively, the National Assembly approved exactly the same N2 billion for the same terminal building in the 2017 Appropriation Act. So, I believe the relevant committees of the National Assembly committees are on top of the situation

Buhari is using that airport terminal project to siphon money every year.
Thief!

9 Likes

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by Samusu(m): 7:03am On Jun 22, 2018
Lii lol
Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by dheilaw1(m): 7:03am On Jun 22, 2018
I hope the eyes of the blind ipob terrorists will now be opened to know that their leaders are their problems and not Buhari... sai Baba till 2023

50 Likes 10 Shares

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by akilo1: 7:05am On Jun 22, 2018
ok abeg next tori grin
Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by Tarzan360(m): 7:06am On Jun 22, 2018
One Nigeria is a fraud

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by middlebeltboy: 7:06am On Jun 22, 2018
all nigeria politicians are rogues and criminals. I will never vote again! living this shithole soon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by diebuhari1: 7:07am On Jun 22, 2018
dheilaw1:
I hope the eyes of the blind ipob terrorists will now be opened to know that their leaders are their problems and not Buhari... sai Baba till 2023
South Wàste leaders don't even care to explain why the budget for Lagos Ibadan skull mining way was cut.

5 Likes

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by EternalTruths: 7:08am On Jun 22, 2018
dheilaw1:

I hope Afonjas read this part below of how Buhari wants to siphon money through that budget

“Instructively, the National Assembly approved exactly the same N2 billion for the same terminal building in the 2017 Appropriation Act. So, I believe the relevant committees of the National Assembly committees are on top of the situation.”

7 Likes

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by Biodun556(m): 7:09am On Jun 22, 2018
The suffer Nigerians and go to Russia to deliver speech.the sme methods they have been using over decades. Nigerians like speech and suffering.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by adioolayi(m): 7:10am On Jun 22, 2018
Buhari shove this deep into their throats... they can't counter PMB on this heavy allegations of Budget padding.... Thieves!!!

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by diebuhari1: 7:10am On Jun 22, 2018
nanauju:
These south eastern leaders are the most corrupt in this country. The fact that none of their kinsmen call them to order is more frustrating.
I wanted to reply you with something reasonable, then I saw your picture. I don't discuss with runs girls and shewes.

3 Likes

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by UncleSnr(m): 7:11am On Jun 22, 2018
diebuhari1:

Buhari is using that airport terminal project to siphon money every year.
Thief!
I thought I was the only person that saw it. People won't read but will gracefully jump into conclusion.

5 Likes

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by wristbangle: 7:14am On Jun 22, 2018
Reading Nigerian news demean chances of hope. It's drain one's emotions and leaves you frustrated.

2 Likes

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by Janaanu: 7:16am On Jun 22, 2018
EternalTruths:
The SE must find out at what point the cuts were made and who made those cuts.

We must find out which part of Nigeria the people who made the cuts are from.

Hehehe... See this my ipob brother about to start crying "victim".

It is a shame that these wailing creatures will always accuse other tribes for their downfall whereas everybody knows that they are their own worst enemies.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by ITbomb(m): 7:16am On Jun 22, 2018
Same N2bn was appropriated last year

1 Like

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by gratiaeo(m): 7:17am On Jun 22, 2018
"Instructively, the National Assembly approved exactly the same N2 billion for the same terminal building in the 2017 Appropriation Act. So, I believe the relevant committees of the National Assembly committees are on top of the situation."
The question is where is 2017 2 billion. Buhari did not do the project when there was no budget cut last year. The explanation has to start from 2017, we already know Buhari is playing his usual blame game

5 Likes

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by Caseless: 7:19am On Jun 22, 2018
Lol

Ibo people will cry when they're not supposed to and, laugh when they're not supposed to.

They won't cry and blame their headless son now for the reduction.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by Ziggylady(f): 7:20am On Jun 22, 2018
odiks:
The truth is that all the Senators and Rep members from the east are aware of the cut but thought that the executives will not scrutinize it and cry foul when they discovered any thing. Its a strategy that did not work they wanted to use it and condemn the executives that they marginalized the SE had it been that the executives did not open up.Hunter come become the Hunted.

They actually wanted to demarket PMB by shouting... This APC government never hide their hatred for south easterners..... the gullible Ipob youths would have believed them.

Are you one of the SE senators at the said committee??..or you are just being an APC/buhari supporter...seeing that you spoke with so much certainty

3 Likes

Re: South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees by UncleSnr(m): 7:20am On Jun 22, 2018
kahal29:

Like some said on vanguard

"Shame on South East senator's, God bless you buhari, the earlier we put sentiment aside and call evil-evil the better for nigeria, thanks buhari for this revelation . This is how ekweremadu and others represent us.

Thank God for buhari telling nigerians what is going on , Abaribe and others will be claiming not to know. The same Senate where we have members representing us are the ones cutting South East budgets"

Did you read the post at all?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu / EFCC Dusts Yahaya Bello’s Files, May Be Arrested This Week / Prices Of Foodstuff Have Crashed – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.