Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS (34215 Views)

Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Addressing EndSARS Protesters At The National Assembly / 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe / DSS Storms Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe's House (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by madjam(m): 1:50pm On Jun 22, 2018
The Department of State Servicves (DSS) on Friday arrested Eyinnaya Abaribe, the senator representing Abia South at the National Assembly.

SaharaReporters can confirm that Abaribe was arrested at a popular hotel in the Maitama District of Abuja.

The senator is believed to have come under the watch of the DSS since standing as surety for Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), who hasn't been seen or heard in public since the ARmy invaded his home last year.

Also, the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Power, Steel Development and Metallurgy, had complained only on Thursday that about the "illegal addition" of N30 billion into the budget of power.

"The amount never passed through the senate power committee. Where did such huge sum of N30 billion come from? Let the budget office and other relevant bodies conduct self-examination. Such self-examination will go a long way to clear gray areas."

The senator had said he was unhappy that the budget allocation for the Enugu airport terminal was reduced by N500 million from the 2 billion that was first submitted by the executive.

According to him, "no right-thinking Igbo man would support any cut on allocation for projects in the south-east region".

http://saharareporters.com/2018/06/22/breaking-dss-arrests-senator-enyinnaya-abaribe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by meezynetwork(m): 1:52pm On Jun 22, 2018
because of Kanu nnamdi i guess.

6 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by seunmsg(m): 1:53pm On Jun 22, 2018
Why was he arrested? If he was arrested in connection with Nnamdi Kanu's disappearance, then i believe his arrest is in order. However, the arrest must be on the order of the trial judge. If he was arrested for something else, i think we should all keep calm and let DSS inform the public why he was arrested. It is too early to link his arrest to his constant criticism of the president.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by freeze001(f): 1:53pm On Jun 22, 2018
What for?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by ojmaroni247(m): 1:53pm On Jun 22, 2018
We done start another Dino trail again. Na wah

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by freeze001(f): 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2018
meezynetwork:

He has a date with d court for 26th June. Is d date too far away for dem to wait?

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by IgboAmakaa(f): 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2018
y
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by saaron(m): 1:55pm On Jun 22, 2018
I'm not surprise. I have been expecting his arrest for a long time by buhari's incompetent govt.
The clamp down on freedom of speech and association by buhari's tyrannical govt has fully commenced!

209 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by Ojiofor: 1:55pm On Jun 22, 2018
Watching!
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by zombieHUNTER: 1:55pm On Jun 22, 2018
freeze001:
What for?

There is a clampdown of opposition going on

A tyrant is in Aso rock

135 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by aribisala0(m): 1:57pm On Jun 22, 2018
Why are they arresting Senator Iberibe? What has he done? I hope i is not because he is Ebola? That is racism

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by ubongokon(m): 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2018
Why was he arrested?

I believe is unconnected to nnamdi kanu 's case
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by erunz(m): 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2018
this is the democrat they voted for

9 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by saaron(m): 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2018
zombieHUNTER:

There is a clampdown of opposition going on

A tyrant is in Aso rock
Exactly!

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by Betakeshi: 2:02pm On Jun 22, 2018
shocked
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by luvinhubby(m): 2:04pm On Jun 22, 2018
And the touts with their leader-in-chief, Omo-Agege that invaded the Senate and stole the Mace, are still free men.

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by nairavsdollars(f): 2:08pm On Jun 22, 2018
Serves him right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by Uteghe(m): 2:08pm On Jun 22, 2018
grin grin "he was arrested at a popular hotel". Remember Kanu was arrested in a Lagos hotel with his erection intact and hauled into a waiting hilux van. IPOB and illicit sex is like Evans and kidnapping..

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by Paperwhite(m): 2:10pm On Jun 22, 2018
luvinhubby:
And the touts with their leader-in-chief, Omo-Agege that invaded the Senate and stole the Mace, are still free men.
My dear Nigeria is under siege.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by iykomo666(m): 2:13pm On Jun 22, 2018
i don blame u na ur papa wey refused to use confirm during kerewa with ur mama i blame grin
Uteghe:
grin grin "he was arrested at a popular hotel". Remember Kanu was arrested in a Lagos hotel with his erection intact and hauled into a waiting hilux van. IPOB and illicit sex is like Evans and kidnapping..

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by yarimo(m): 2:18pm On Jun 22, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by EternalTruths: 2:20pm On Jun 22, 2018
This Must Be A Joke.

Buhari Wants To Test The Resolve Of The Igbos.

Igbos Will Resist Him.

Self Defense Is An Option If Abaribe Is Touched.

All Igbos Both Pro Biafrans and Pro Nigerians Will Definitely Unite Against Buhari.

Igbos Are Not A Push Over People.

75 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by ubongokon(m): 2:21pm On Jun 22, 2018
This is unconnected to the is of nnamdi kanu
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by 35824L: 2:21pm On Jun 22, 2018
He is an accessory to namdi kanu's escape from justice hence he must answer for it.
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by Xander85: 2:26pm On Jun 22, 2018
Uteghe:

Can we see links to the news report of said arrest?

4 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by Xander85: 2:30pm On Jun 22, 2018
35824L:
He is an accessory to namdi kanu's escape from justice hence he must answer for it.

You guys are trying so hard to sell this narrative of Mazi Kanu 'escaping' when in actual fact you've either had him murdered or kidnapped him together with parents!

Can you swear on the life of you father, mother, siblings, wife and children that Mazi Kanu escaped?

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by Tarzan360(m): 2:36pm On Jun 22, 2018
How far will they go with the arrest they can't do him anything, he is not t a orji or omo agege

2 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by freeze001(f): 2:37pm On Jun 22, 2018
Uteghe:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/06/22/dss-arrests-senator-abaribe/amp/

Thisday says he was arrested at his barber's shop somewhere in Apo

14 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by biafraisdead(m): 2:46pm On Jun 22, 2018
EternalTruths:
This Must Be A Joke.

Buhari Wants To Test The Resolve Of The Igbos.

Igbos Will Resist Him.

Self Defense Is An Option If Abaribe Is Touched.

All Igbos Both Pro Biafrans and Pro Nigerians Will Definitely Unite Against Buhari.

Igbos Are Not A Push Over People.
am neither in support or against his arrest cos am yet to hear the crime he committed, nevertheless if it is justified to arrest him i will be very happy for the arrest otherwise I would equally frown at it. The main reason am quoting u is to tell u to stop ur empty threats, u know very well that even if they arrest him unjustly there is nothing u can do cos u are just a toothless bull dog. those who make things happen do not rant like u.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by hannysur8(m): 2:47pm On Jun 22, 2018
Present Nnamdi Kanu and be freed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Arrested By DSS by gidgiddy: 2:48pm On Jun 22, 2018
meezynetwork:

The matter of him being a surety for Kanu is still court so I don't think anyone would be arresting him over a pending court case.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan In Auto Crash / Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread / Nigeria Now Has A Twitter Handle...See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.