Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:55 AM

NASS Replies Buhari, Defends Changes Made To 2018 Budget (FULL TEXT) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Replies Buhari, Defends Changes Made To 2018 Budget (FULL TEXT) (22336 Views)

Naira Redesigning: 10 Changes Made To Nigeria’s Currency Since Independence / Buhari Defends Emefiele’s ‘Unorthodox’ Policies, Says It’s Alternative Model / Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Replies Buhari, Defends Changes Made To 2018 Budget (FULL TEXT) by 3Ceagle(m): 9:14am On Jun 24, 2018
Everyone is just bothered about figures been thrown around in the just signed budget, but we are not tasking the government on the performance of the past one. If 80% of all our budgets were implemented, we won't be where we are today. Of what use is it to have a fine and agreed document without sound implementation. Nigeria need to know what was budgeted on infrastructures last year, how much was released, what level of completion they are currently and what more is required to completion. It is surprising to know that funds for projects are often returned to federal purse after a fiscal year.
Re: NASS Replies Buhari, Defends Changes Made To 2018 Budget (FULL TEXT) by GMBuhari: 9:42am On Jun 24, 2018
You realize you are defending NASS right ? just because they said it , doesn't mean it's true and if President is the only Politician i trust a little bit and there's nothing to defend because he simply pointed out fraud in NASS

NASS has always been dubious in their dealings, i trust them not . as for Buhari asking people to defend their budget in each ministries, it is due process and a bid to curb or reduce corruption each head of ministry must have brought out a detailed plan of work/ expenses to defend said budget which means Buhari can send people to look into the expenditure at the end of the year , I really don't get the part where you said we swore to defend people , I merely pointed out the allocations these thieves want has been used for nothing, and those projects need not be in the budget , each of them gets 200M year i think constituency allocation, if they haven't done anything with over 600M in 3 years, they shouldn't be trying to trick Nigerians with fake projects against 2019

eph12:

Mr. President was still directing the Secretary to the Government of the Federation to compel the Heads of Ministries, Departments and Agencies of the Federal Government to appear before the committees of the National Assembly to defend their respective budget

Assumption is a sister to ignorance.

Just as we should hold the NA accountable at the end of the financial year, we should do same to the presidency.

The key word there is at the end or towards the end of the financial year. So as to avoid sounding like broken records but I understand that we have sworn to defend some people even when it's not logical It happened in previous administrations and this is where it brought us. Isokay
Re: NASS Replies Buhari, Defends Changes Made To 2018 Budget (FULL TEXT) by GMBuhari: 9:45am On Jun 24, 2018
Why do you think there are attacks up and down right and left against Buhari's every activity ?? When was the last time any president called on head of ministries to defend their budget ?? i believe Buhari is threading softly and with each step getting bolder , Buhari told us about padding , i know things are ongoing that we do not know about

3Ceagle:
Everyone is just bothered about figures been thrown around in the just signed budget, but we are not tasking the government on the performance of the past one. If 80% of all our budgets were implemented, we won't be where we are today. Of what use is it to have a fine and agreed document without sound implementation. Nigeria need to know what was budgeted on infrastructures last year, how much was released, what level of completion they are currently and what more is required to completion. It is surprising to know that funds for projects are often returned to federal purse after a fiscal year.
Re: NASS Replies Buhari, Defends Changes Made To 2018 Budget (FULL TEXT) by eph12(m): 10:17am On Jun 24, 2018
GMBuhari:
You realize you are defending NASS right ? just because they said it , doesn't mean it's true and if President is the only Politician i trust a little bit and there's nothing to defend because he simply pointed out fraud in NASS

NASS has always been dubious in their dealings, i trust them not . as for Buhari asking people to defend their budget in each ministries, it is due process and a bid to curb or reduce corruption each head of ministry must have brought out a detailed plan of work/ expenses to defend said budget which means Buhari can send people to look into the expenditure at the end of the year , I really don't get the part where you said we swore to defend people , I merely pointed out the allocations these thieves want has been used for nothing, and those projects need not be in the budget , each of them gets 200M year i think constituency allocation, if they haven't done anything with over 600M in 3 years, they shouldn't be trying to trick Nigerians with fake projects against 2019

I am not. I am saying this is what they have said and we will need to prove that they have lied. They accused the presidency of some things, did they lie?

You don't get the part of asking the ministers and the MDAs? We accused the NA of not passing the budget on time, and they have explained the reason why. Did they lie?

Let's focus on the ones that are in the budget first. What's the summary of the 2016 and 17 budget? Was there a surplus or deficit? Were the allocations appropriated used appropriately?
Re: NASS Replies Buhari, Defends Changes Made To 2018 Budget (FULL TEXT) by jjmk(m): 10:32am On Jun 24, 2018
Grayxme:
This NASS people are representing their pocket, i see no reason why they will reduce the cost of major project and inject projects meant to be done by the state.[color=#006600][/color]
Try to read sometimes, it helps in curing your ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Replies Buhari, Defends Changes Made To 2018 Budget (FULL TEXT) by gidjah(m): 11:47am On Jun 24, 2018
my brother,thier defense was simply fantastic,well coordinated and accurately calculated.they actually knew what they were into and had wide consultations too.why should the GOC of Nigeria be begging Perm Sec to come defend thier budgets with d NASS?thats gross inept and partial corruption,we await uncle to come up with loopsided counters as usual,though we can not over emphasize the Honorable chopings and the largesse our Legislators are gonna benefit from this additions and subtractions ,yet i can say dem try abeg.like d saying goes "na were we dey work ,we dey CHop"ie,WORKCHOP!!
clarocuzioo:
Addressing the issue of the Second Niger Bridge project, apart from early works, as of today, there is no existing contract for the Second Niger Bridge in spite of frequent requests from the National Assembly. The N900million reduced from the N10billion proposed by the Executive was deployed to fund ancillary roads that connect to the Bridge. It should again be noted that the N12.5billion and the N7.5billion appropriated for the Second Niger Bridge in the 2016 and 2017 budget by the National Assembly were never utilized for the project.

For those that have been ranting up and down here about this administration completing the second Niger bridge, I hope you will agree with me now that your ignorance and sycophancy has been well exposed by this insight from the NASS.

This is a detailed, comprehensive and insightful explanation by the nass on the 2018 budget, we require the executive to come up with such detailed, insightful and comprehensive account of what transpired so Nigerians can place a logical judgement, we will appreciate it from the executives if it is speedly do e.

1 Like

Re: NASS Replies Buhari, Defends Changes Made To 2018 Budget (FULL TEXT) by fabre4: 12:16pm On Jun 24, 2018
vedaxcool:

Gbam

The silly fools and bitterpobs backing them won't explain the rationale in cutting national projects which have fixed plans and project estimates just because they can. You remove N300m from a project and say it is paltry is the peak of follishness.

The counterpart Funding for 3050mw Mambilla Hydropower Project was reduced from N8.5billion to N8.2billion (a reduction of N300million);

No justification for their cuts just stating the amount. It is sad but Nigerians not useless freeloaders, have learnt the importance of sending sensible and decent people to the national assembly.

don't be hypocritical they stated facts the previous budgets have been under utilized why ask for more...the Enugu project needed just 200million for completion and your President is asking for 2billion. so much for integrity

3 Likes

Re: NASS Replies Buhari, Defends Changes Made To 2018 Budget (FULL TEXT) by sundayojerinde(m): 12:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
thief smiley
Re: NASS Replies Buhari, Defends Changes Made To 2018 Budget (FULL TEXT) by Themandator: 1:08pm On Jun 24, 2018
Grayxme:
This NASS people are representing their pocket, i see no reason why they will reduce the cost of major project and inject projects meant to be done by the state.[color=#006600][/color]

I am certain this your unintelligent and uniformed contribution stems from the fact that you did not read their well articulated and incisive rejoineder to the executive misinformation of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: NASS Replies Buhari, Defends Changes Made To 2018 Budget (FULL TEXT) by Themandator: 1:14pm On Jun 24, 2018
GMBuhari:
Why do you think there are attacks up and down right and left against Buhari's every activity ?? When was the last time any president called on head of ministries to defend their budget ?? i believe Buhari is threading softly and with each step getting bolder , Buhari told us about padding , i know things are ongoing that we do not know about

You are not informed as you want to believe.... Budgeted fence is statutory. It is not a matter of choice..... It is now that we hear and read that the owners of the budget are persuaded to defend same.

Thee has never been an approved budget without a defence session. If you know of any just state it here.

1 Like

Re: NASS Replies Buhari, Defends Changes Made To 2018 Budget (FULL TEXT) by GMBuhari: 1:30pm On Jun 24, 2018
I didn;t claim to be overinformed, i said it hasn't been done in a while, if you have a proof it was defended under jonathan clearly share it now
Themandator:

You are not informed as you want to believe.... Budgeted fence is statutory. It is not a matter of choice..... It is now that we hear and read that the owners of the budget are persuaded to defend same.

Thee has never been an approved budget without a defence session. If you know of any just state it here.
Re: NASS Replies Buhari, Defends Changes Made To 2018 Budget (FULL TEXT) by flavunit: 1:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
slowpoke,who is going to execute the so called padded project?,the level of stupidity in this country is alarming
bigerboy200:

how would you know if the budget was padded? u all should stop defending what is indefensible.If NASS add an extra 3 billion to a project, or if the executive add an extra 10 billion to another project, how would u (a common man) know?. Figures will keep flying around to keep people like u busy. We the masses want performance and not unrelatable figures.
Re: NASS Replies Buhari, Defends Changes Made To 2018 Budget (FULL TEXT) by Themandator: 2:29pm On Jun 24, 2018
GMBuhari:
I didn;t claim to be overinformed, i said it hasn't been done in a while, if you have a proof it was defended under jonathan clearly share it now

Budget defence is statutory .... it is not at the whims and Caprices of any official ...the reason ha had to beg his lieutenants to appear otherwise there won't be any budget .... it is a vital process of the budgeting process. If you have contrary fact that a budgeting process was circumvented, let the public know.

Go to the archives of NTA or the national assembly and you are going to find videos of ministries defending their proposals before their respective committees of the different chambers of the national assembly.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Replies Buhari, Defends Changes Made To 2018 Budget (FULL TEXT) by monkautos(m): 5:01pm On Jun 24, 2018
I want to ask naira land Mods.... Why is this not on front page yet
Re: NASS Replies Buhari, Defends Changes Made To 2018 Budget (FULL TEXT) by bigerboy200: 7:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
flavunit:
slowpoke,who is going to execute the so called padded project?,the level of stupidity in this country is alarming
u apparently didn’t get my point. Thanks for the insults tho. Cheers.
Re: NASS Replies Buhari, Defends Changes Made To 2018 Budget (FULL TEXT) by BigIyanga: 7:45pm On Jun 24, 2018
almajiri101:
Certain group of lawmakers make those reductions without carrying others along. Imagine them tampering with the national budget without proper discussion on the floor of the house.
STFU. A proposed budget from the executive doesn't bceome a lawful act unless it’s reviewed and tinkered by the NASS. NASS controls the purse. Go and get education. Naija is not Idi Amin Republic.
Re: NASS Replies Buhari, Defends Changes Made To 2018 Budget (FULL TEXT) by BigIyanga: 7:55pm On Jun 24, 2018
GMB and his gullible followers dont understand that a presidential assent/approval is not neccesarily required for a budget to become an act.
GMB can veto the budget and NASS can override his veto and pass the budget, then it becomes the law of the land. It can be an impeacheable offense if the executive violates an appropriation act byNASS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dr. Saraki Honoured By Awujale At This Year's Ojude Oba Celebration / We Will Not Comment On Uzodinma’s New Position On Us ― IPOB / Igbos Won’t Vote In Favour Of Biafra In Referendum ―kokori

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.