Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,015 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London (8366 Views)

Oba Of Lagos Akiolu In The Streets Of London Holding Bread (Photos) / Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless / Picture Of Slums In The Usa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by mamagee3(f): 10:44pm On Jun 05, 2010
Why the heck are you guys posting the "Fun" pictures?

Instead of posting pictures of an unknown person, why don't you picture posters tell us about this guy?
undecided
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Kobojunkie: 10:52pm On Jun 05, 2010
Oh my gosh   . . . . na blessing(Iguess this is not her name) be that? I bet her husband wishes he never left her. ROFLMAO!!!

@Mamagee, how come you do not know what they are? I am curious because I could almost swear you were one of those who condemned the BBC documentary WELCOME TO LAGOS sometime ago.  undecided
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 10:53pm On Jun 05, 2010
mama-gee:

Why the heck are you guys posting the "Fun" pictures?

Instead of posting pictures of an unknown person, why don't you picture posters tell us about this guy?
undecided

woman the link is there if you want to know him

plus you can see the topic clearly

you talking about you want to be a mod and you don't even look b4 you leap

abeg free me
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by whiteroses(f): 11:03pm On Jun 05, 2010
everytime i watch is promo video i cry his life is a real version of a happy ending novel, nigerians flood 02 arena to see him paying £25 each elo lomaje to ba she si naira jesu osheun.
"i am working hard because i know God will put a smile on me one day and i will be happy inside"-vocal slender
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by mamagee3(f): 11:10pm On Jun 05, 2010
r231:

woman the link is there if you want to know him

plus you can see the topic clearly

you talking about you want to be a mod and you don't even look b4 you leap

abeg free me
What Link? . . .And what mod?

You're jumping from one tree to another, aren't you?
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by AngieFan(f): 11:11pm On Jun 05, 2010
Ok who is 'Blessing'? I thought her name was Esther?  
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 05, 2010
@r231

I have some questions for you?

1. Why him? Why was he picked amongst the many in that video?

2. Who is blessing and where is her pix?

3. I know that millions cant be helped, but why these two?

Lol, no I did not really get into the BBC videos much to know who these ppl are and what their stories were.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by AngieFan(f): 11:14pm On Jun 05, 2010
FL Gators:

@r231

1. Why him? Why was he picked amongst the many in that video? [size=16pt]Why not him?
[/size]
2. Who is blessing and where is her pix?

3. I know that millions cant be helped, but why these two? [size=16pt]Why not?[/size]

Lol, no I did not really get into the BBC videos much to know who these ppl are and what their stories were.

Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 11:17pm On Jun 05, 2010
FL Gators:

@r231

1. Why him? Why was he picked amongst the many in that video? - cus he is trying to make music and they see talent in him and he is struggling to make his dream come true

2. Who is blessing and where is her pix? see pic below and her name is Esther

3. I know that millions cant be helped, but why these two? - refer bck to Q1

Lol, no I did not really get into the BBC videos much to know who these ppl are and what  their stories were.

Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jun 05, 2010
@AngieFan
Kila gbe kila ju? ki lo n se e?

@r231
Thanks. . . .

I was a bit curious because fromt he earlier pics, there were multiple trash pickers and I was wondering why they decided to help him.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by denzel2009: 11:20pm On Jun 05, 2010
Don't blame mamagee, she is like the rampaging man that shot 12 people in the UK earlier this week except that she doesnt use gun;check how she drop comments in every  thread and every section on the forum. She cant even remember ever commenting on the BBC documentary.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by honeric01(m): 11:44pm On Jun 05, 2010
After they brought in money for BCC, what else do you expect them to get from BCC?

all the same, I'm happy for them.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by AngieFan(f): 11:51pm On Jun 05, 2010
FL Gators:

@AngieFan
Kila gbe kila ju? ki lo n se e?

@r231
Thanks. . . .

I was a bit curious because fromt he earlier pics, there were multiple trash pickers and I was wondering why they decided to help him.

Can you please write in English so I can understand?

honeric01:

After they brought in money for BCC, what else do you expect them to get from BCC?

all the same, I'm happy for them.

What money did they bring in for the 'BCC' and how did they do that?
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 05, 2010
I asked you what might be wrong with you. Why the snide reply?
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by honeric01(m): 12:21am On Jun 06, 2010
AngieFan:

What money did they bring in for the 'BCC' and how did they do that?

You want to know? maybe you should ask those in the media business or are you trying to say they spent all the money in Nigeria for nothing?
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 1:04am On Jun 06, 2010
can somebody spell it out for those of us who didnt watch the staged BBC documentary.

is this fellow the one they call opobo's grandson.

why is his going to london a big deal as if 70% of the nigerians overseas didnt come from relatively poor backgrounds.

is he trying to push a music career like 80% of naija youths out there?

why cant his sponsors polish him up a bit even if it involves plastic surgery etc.

what was he doing in the trash dumps- was he told to go there and look dirty, then be "discovered" by the biased BBC crew??
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Sauron1: 1:14am On Jun 06, 2010
r231:

he didn't make it for the show, he just came in on thursday

but he is going to be @ Troxy tomorrow

I am 100% certain he came to shoot his music video plus other things he might want to do.
Secondly, he musta trousered some wads in that Welcome To Lagos documentary - Nigerians don't do things for FREE.
I am happy for him. . . . . .At least, he will take 2 or 3 people out of that refuse dump and change their fortunes.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by whiteroses(f): 1:14am On Jun 06, 2010
why are some people complaining, some people just have to say something why are people asking who he is? why him? dont complain if you dint watch the show, its not his fault its just his turn, who God bless no man can curse. na negativity go kill some of una
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 1:16am On Jun 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Oh my gosh   . . . . na blessing(Iguess this is not her name) be that? I bet her husband wishes he never left her. ROFLMAO!!!

@Mamagee, how come you do not know what they are? I am curious because I could almost swear you were one of those who condemned the BBC documentary WELCOME TO LAGOS sometime ago.  undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 1:17am On Jun 06, 2010
whiteroses:

why are some people complaining, some people just have to say something why are people asking who he is? why him? dont complain if you dint watch the show, its not his fault its just his turn, who God bless no man can curse. na negativity go kill some of una

asking who someone is is now considered a crime?

gosh, nigerians. undecided

smh.

this is why the country doesnt progress.

the time spent typing about your wounded feelings could have also been used to present a short response explaining what the brouhaha is all about.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 1:22am On Jun 06, 2010
denzel2009:

Don't blame mamagee, she is like the rampaging man that shot 12 people in the UK earlier this week except that she doesnt use gun;check how she drop comments in every  thread and every section on the forum. She cant even remember ever commenting on the BBC documentary.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 1:23am On Jun 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

I am 100% certain he came to shoot his music video plus other things he might want to do.
Secondly, he musta trousered some wads in that Welcome To Lagos documentary - Nigerians don't do things for FREE.
I am happy for him. . . . . .At least, he will take 2 or 3 people out of that refuse dump and change their fortunes.

he didn't make nothing from BBC actually

the video shoot is next week
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 1:23am On Jun 06, 2010
whiteroses:

I see that tpia has answered you.

Maybe you and AnjieFan should have a party about it.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by SEFAGO(m): 1:25am On Jun 06, 2010
Whats going on here?
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 1:27am On Jun 06, 2010
tpia.:

can somebody spell it out for those of us who didnt watch the staged BBC documentary.

is this fellow the one they call opobo's grandson.

why is his going to london a big deal as if 70% of the nigerians overseas didnt come from relatively poor backgrounds.

is he trying to push a music career like 80% of naija youths out there?

why cant his sponsors polish him up a bit even if it involves plastic surgery etc.

what was he doing in the trash dumps- was he told to go there and look dirty, then be "discovered" by the biased BBC crew??

hmmmmmmmm
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by hasyak(m): 1:32am On Jun 06, 2010
for those who might not have watch the documentary on bbc, its basically about this guy from ajengule that is a gabage boy with interest in music as a career but cant afford it?
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Sauron1: 1:33am On Jun 06, 2010
r231:

he didn't make nothing from BBC actually

but they helped in obtaining the visa

the video shoot is next week

He would make money. . . . .I know how BBC works.
They pay as much as 2000-5000 GBP everytime you open their door for them to do an exclusive interview.
All those hustling this guy was doing for the camera in Lagos for 1 hour? Abeg. . . . .He musta been paid.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by sjeezy8: 1:37am On Jun 06, 2010
Naw he had previous songs out even before the documentary-

I dont really feel the whole Ajegunle Jamo accent- The only partt of the song that is hot is owo ti yapa si mi lorun and when he asys oti po po po po . . . .

The beat sounds like GONGO ASO- Thats why everyone feels it.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 1:37am On Jun 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

He would make money. . . . .I know how BBC works.
They pay as much as 2000-5000 GBP everytime you open their door for them to do an exclusive interview.
All those hustling this guy was doing for the camera in Lagos for 1 hour? Abeg. . . . .He musta been paid.

baba he didn't get paid like dat NOT AT ALL

na just peanuts they gave them

all he did was just for tv
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Sauron1: 1:40am On Jun 06, 2010
r231:

baba he didn't get paid like dat NOT AT ALL

na just peanuts they gave them

all he did was just for tv

It seems you sabi this guy on a personal level. . . .
Tell us what we don't know. . . .
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 1:50am On Jun 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

It seems you sabi this guy on a personal level. . . .
Tell us what we don't know. . . .

BBC probably pay 9ja/Lagos State govt to get permission and license to shoot

and they take it from there
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by AngieFan(f): 8:18am On Jun 06, 2010
FL Gators:

I asked you what might be wrong with you. Why the snide reply?

You asked why him, I simply asked why not him? As someone said it is probably his chance to be blessed. Sorry if my question came across as snide.

honeric01:

You want to know? maybe you should ask those in the media business or are you trying to say they spent all the money in Nigeria for nothing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Surrendered Accord Party Ticket To Maduka - Alex Nwankwo (Video) / Moment Tinubu Couldn't Climb The Stage And Was Lifted By Guards / Gowon Did Not Cede Bakassi - Akinjide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.