Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London (8369 Views)

Oba Of Lagos Akiolu In The Streets Of London Holding Bread (Photos) / Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless / Picture Of Slums In The Usa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by dayokanu(m): 6:21pm On Jun 07, 2010
I would later this eveing when i get home.

How you dey?
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Kobojunkie: 6:22pm On Jun 07, 2010
I dey well oo . . . trying to adapt to this weather we dey get for here. Not sure if I should wear sweater today or not. I know my nose is not liking this at all.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by hackney(m): 6:31pm On Jun 07, 2010
For those that did not see the documentary,you can follow it via the
links provided in earlier posts (youtube).

It's quite an interesting documentary centered on 'vocal slender' who worked in a dump
but is an aspiring musician.
estehr on the other hand lived in a shack near the beach which was days from being cleared by the govt. etc.
None of it was made up.

Really interesting i must say.

Infact i planned to go see vocal slender perform in the O2 arena today but i was engaged.
(terry G and naeto c were  performing @ Troxy today too.)
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by dayokanu(m): 6:32pm On Jun 07, 2010
Kpele. I learnt you are having some bad weather in the midwest.

have you experienced the Chicago winter? That was what chased me out of that city

I saw some clips of Tornado damage in Toledo. I was in Cincinatti over the weekend and the weather was cool.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Kobojunkie: 6:37pm On Jun 07, 2010
Last winter was not as bad actually. We had it better than those in the East. Definitely Toledo has some of the worst Tornado issues. I remember one particular day in Findlay, I thought the house was going to come down.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by comechop(m): 7:10pm On Jun 07, 2010
oyb:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/274600_dg_jpgb5a8ad2ee9cb64e46e4e14835dc36f16

rocking with a cossy wannabe

obodo oyibo good o

I only have one question for this chick that is holding him like 2moro no dey - if he were still in the slums, would she be all over him like this
Girls eh - I hope this brodas rise to stardom wldn't be like what happens when you a beggar wins the lottery,

Btw, you know why smart pple never win the lottery right?

Its cos, they never play it,

all da best
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by shotster50(m): 7:59pm On Jun 07, 2010
Some peeps here do not want to take the time to watch the documentary before they give their ignorant comments. This is a rags to riches story in the making. The arguement about wether BBC paid him or not is irrelevant. Fact is, the guy has earned a lot of opportunities because of that documentary, dont see why a little bit of appreciation hurts,
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Ibomade1: 8:06pm On Jun 07, 2010
Lost 4 words,  I  am totally lost for words,  But I am so happy for Slim Slender. Slim Slender jaiye lo
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 07, 2010
The one about Jaja of Opobo was so boring. . .

Vocal Slender and Lemonade Puss is about a rags to riches scenario.

Watch Welcome to Lagos and see why.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 10:46pm On Jun 07, 2010
hackney:

For those that did not see the documentary,you can follow it via the
links provided in earlier posts (youtube).

It's quite an interesting documentary centered on 'vocal slender' who worked in a dump
but is an aspiring musician.
estehr on the other hand lived in a shack near the beach which was days from being cleared by the govt. etc.
None of it was made up.

Really interesting i must say.

Infact i planned to go see vocal slender perform in the O2 arena today but i was engaged.
(terry G and naeto c were  performing @ Troxy today too.)

hmmmmmm i tot dat was yesterday
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Gayigaskia(m): 11:24pm On Jun 07, 2010
I hope the guy did not sell his Ars hole to get there grin grin grin grin
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by skfa1: 11:39pm On Jun 07, 2010
comechop:

I only have one question for this chick that is holding him like 2moro no dey - if he were still in the slums, would she be all over him like this
Girls eh - I hope this brodas rise to stardom wldn't be like what happens when you a beggar wins the lottery,

all da best

I understand what you mean.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by davidif: 12:19am On Jun 08, 2010
Wow! Vocal Slender and esther "lemon puss" grin
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by pete(m): 1:05am On Jun 08, 2010
This is amazing. Besides the guys story, I just was thinking about the situation at the dump. My concern is, what can I do? Maybe when I go naija this December, buy like 100 gloves for the workers there or something,

Please, need some help identifying who Esther or the girl mentioned in the threads. I saw the youtube clips 1 through 6 I may have missed it. Who is she? was she at the dump site too?

If you have any ideas what a private individual could do to ameliorate sufferings at that site, please suggest. Cost should be within a thousand dollars and less. I also thought of clean boots for the slaughter site.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 1:14am On Jun 08, 2010
Why does England look like crap undecided . That country needs to step it's game up because it is beginning to look like a third world country, honestly.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by davidif: 5:42am On Jun 08, 2010
pete:

This is amazing. Besides the guys story, I just was thinking about the situation at the dump. My concern is, what can I do? Maybe when I go naija this December, buy like 100 gloves for the workers there or something,

Please, need some help identifying who Esther or the girl mentioned in the threads. I saw the youtube clips 1 through 6 I may have missed it. Who is she? was she at the dump site too?

If you have any ideas what a private individual could do to ameliorate sufferings at that site, please suggest. Cost should be within a thousand dollars and less. I also thought of clean boots for the slaughter site.

pete,
Welcome to Lagos is a three part series and if you watch the third series, it features esther and the others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub46BwrKOhU
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by pete(m): 6:56am On Jun 08, 2010
Davidif,
thanks for the help with the clips. These videos are disheartening,but the truth is, they are REAL, those of us who seem to have, lets not fail to do good. ONE SOUL AT A TIME
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by heryyy(m): 9:58am On Jun 08, 2010
[size=20pt]For More photos of Vocal Slender and Esther Please Check on the link below[/size], cool cool cool cool

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-459127.0.html#msg6173138
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by newdeal(m): 1:00pm On Jun 08, 2010
After all said and done, I hope the handlers of these fellows are really out to help and not trying to use their newly found fame to line up their [handlers] pockets!
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by pete(m): 11:55pm On Jun 08, 2010
Q Newdeal, sorry to let you know that, in most cases, that's what eventually happens. Its like Hollywood, someone somewhere would exploit the situation to enrich his or herself. Its sad, but that's human nature.

Wait up until later when Esther or Slender would come out crying foul about certain deals and conditions they were placed in by the handlers.

I had had a situation with a human right organization in the past. When money started coming in, values were lost, ideologies were changed and philosophies were rewritten.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by pete(m): 11:59pm On Jun 08, 2010
QUESTIONS FOR THE WHOLE HOUSE

Do you think Esther would return to the beach side hovel?

Would slender? I know he is got the record deal and probably would become a millionaire

Did Esther go on the trip with her husband? If not, after staying in London hotels, do you think she is returning back home to sleep on the floor with him?

Just curious folks, I mean no disrespect
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by MandingoII(m): 3:38am On Jun 09, 2010
He cleaned up nicely.

Good for him.

May he continue to have success and happiness.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by tpiah: 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Last winter was not as bad actually. We had it better than those in the East. Definitely Toledo has some of the worst Tornado issues. I remember one particular day in Findlay, I thought the house was going to come down.

[size=14pt]ROFLMAO!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 12:29am On Jun 10, 2010
it really is just too NIGERIAN the way you guys are going about this supposedly grass to grace story. Are you guys bleeping blind? Can't you see someone doing a shooting of him? BBC are simply shooting another documentary! and though might be helping some guy achieve his dream, are actually doing some series which will serve to glue some viewers to their documentaries.

Let's hope this guy doesn't come back to Nigeria and get a fake, flurry idea of being a great singer. If he'll slug it out with the established guys, he'll most definitely lose, and by then BBC will be back in London showing "interesting" documentaries. Wake up people!
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by vanitty: 2:31am On Jun 10, 2010
Sour grapes.  cheesy
"established guys" like dbanj and co  undecided
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by bkbabe97: 2:37am On Jun 10, 2010
WHO IS WATCHING JESSE VENTURA KICK REPUBLICAN ASZZ ON LARRY KING LIVE RIGHT NOW?!?!?
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by chika98: 2:41am On Jun 10, 2010
comechop:

all da best

Jeez! Have you bothered to think that perhaps the babe is excited to see him and all that. I highly doubt dude is rich right now. Just probably a chic who is just happy to meet a young man who has made something out of nothing.

Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Osama10(m): 4:46am On Jun 10, 2010
Thats girl with big boobs is just a chewing gum girl.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 5:51am On Jun 10, 2010
lol now they're celebrities. Hope they can save enough money to fix his teeth.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by ud4u: 9:13am On Jun 10, 2010
The title of this topic does not have anything to do with the message conveyed.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 9:12pm On Jun 10, 2010
more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! / Edo Deputy-Governor's CPS Abducted By Gunmen / Future Governments Will Struggle To Meet Buhari’s Records –Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.