Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Please Help; I'm Too Shy - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help; I'm Too Shy (31254 Views)

Once Bitten, Twice Shy - 1st Term School Fees / Help, I'm Afraid I Could Be Expelled From School After 3 Years / CR7 Just 2 Goals Shy Of Messi's World Record Year At This Stage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by jarrot(m): 9:25pm On Jun 24, 2018
Guy, na normal shyness or you want make we help you with format to woo a lady? grin
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Rubbiish(m): 9:26pm On Jun 24, 2018
safarigirl:
see you.

You can even join choir and evangelism crew and you call yourself shy.

Even to go to church in school, I no fit. I dey here five years, I no fit join one thing, that is how shy I am

Oga, you go dey alright. You are just in your first year
Not going to church or in any society or association doesn't make one a shy person my brother. Not everyone love engaging in unproductive things. At least u studied hard to pass your exams because that was ur reason for going to school...not to join society or associations dat will only take ur time & add nothing meaningful to ur life...

1 Like

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
It sounds really phoney but the permanent secretary of that place used to be my boss, I can direct you to his P. A who is my friend so you make proper inquiries.

Britishcoins:
Unfortunately I don't know how to help, but this is my problem right now.

Hello my good people of Nairaland, I applied (paid for replacement slot) for Nigeria prison service (replacement), although through a connection. But what I don't understand is, after which I have been successfully shortlisted,
1. What will be the next requirements.
2. Since I did not applied online, how will I get my referee form.
Pls how many months will the training will last.

NB: I PAID FOR THE REPLACEMENT, WHICH IS FROM A BOSS WHO IS WORKING HERE IN ABJ UNDER THE MINISTRY OF INTERIOR.
PLS assist me with the procedure if you have any information about PRISON SERVICE.
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Craziestgirl(f): 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
Get yourself involved in any combat sport...
Boxing, karate, MMA, Taekwando...
It will boost your physique, an added bonus is
whether in deed or in speech, your confidence will become CONFIDENCE.

1 Like

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Rochero(m): 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
Habiodunz:
Are you born into the family of girls undecided
Can you elaborate on this if the answer is yes.
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Awoleesu(m): 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
Aha! He said it and here is it! My mentor said it! ( I actually met him selling drugs in a molue years back - let me shelve the long story) but this is what he said verbatim: "this medicine I'm selling to you today, don't keep it, don't use it up... One day you'll have need to borrow it to someone... If you get embarrassed by your shyness, try selling! Try to sell that thing that can save you a big embarrassment... If you succeed in selling, you automatically overcome shyness"! So, I pass it to you - tested and trusted! Try selling. Keep trying until you make a sales. Thank me later!............ Shhhhhh... The secret is overcoming the fear of rejection!
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by hipswrites(f): 9:30pm On Jun 24, 2018
I was worst than you.

These days, I love look back and Wow!

Join Toastmasters International and google School of Eloquence, Lagos.

Even me,! I’m a work in fast progression.

Thank God later

1 Like

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by EyeConfidence(f): 9:32pm On Jun 24, 2018
Davechuks360:

I'm a very shy person.

We have the solution, but it's expensive. Luckily, we'll give it to you for free. Here is the link to download it: https://www.wetclef.com/topic216.html

When you get it, request for the password.

Have a nice day.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by staymore: 9:32pm On Jun 24, 2018
Very simple but productive steps to overcome shyness

1. Stand in front of a mirror and look straight into your eyes, smile and speak to yourself while assuming you are speaking in public. Do it everyday for 15-30mts daily.

2. Ask a trusted friend to video you with camera phone while you give a speech on anything for about 15-30mts daily for a month.

I assure you, your shyness will disappear and you see confidence setting gradually.

1 Like

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by pxjosh(m): 9:32pm On Jun 24, 2018
Demmzy15:
Op just do this every morning. Look for a neighbor's male chicken and bite the head off, chew and swallow it. The confidence you'll have at the end of the day will be similar to the confidence a male chicken has when pursing a female chicken for mate angry

Thank me later! angry
Hahahahahhaha!!
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Biglittlelois(f): 9:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
Davechuks360:
Thanks @Benblaq.

I joined the choir here in school because of this issue. I'm also in the evangelism crew.

But that girls matter ehn... E get as e be ooo

Is you a virgin? conquer that first then you're good to go
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Britishcoins(m): 9:37pm On Jun 24, 2018
DonPiiko:
It sounds really phoney but the permanent secretary of that place used to be my boss, I can direct you to his P. A who is my friend so you make proper inquiries.

Help me with his contact
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by emillionaire: 9:37pm On Jun 24, 2018
stop masturbation and you'll be fine
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by doctore212(m): 9:38pm On Jun 24, 2018
Buy a sex doll. F**k her three times daily, then on the third day go and bath in River Benue. You will stopen being shy
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Seunkings02(m): 9:38pm On Jun 24, 2018
First of all, work on your Self Esteem, Never let anyone make you feel inferior. Be more social, make friends and more importantly read books on self development.

You are intelligent you said? Fine! Organise tutorials, chose a course you know very well, gather your friends both males and females and teach them what you know.

Read books... I will recommend How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie, The 7 Habits of highly effective people by Stephen Covey and Public Speaking by Brain Tracy.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Maket: 9:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
Benblaq:
First of all, I'd advice you try to make as much female friends as you can.
Reason being that, they are the main constituents as to why guys flop in public (your guys na your gees already, na just say you no dey roll with them). When you get up to talk on a good day, you'll feel so free that you'll just be smiling sheepishly, when your babes don cut you eye and you code..chai that feeling!
Or go meet a therapist if you think you can't help yourself.
THIS WILL BE OF HELP, ALSO
READ THE LIFE OF A SHY GUY BY INFANT ON THIS FORUM. THE STORY WILL CONNECT WITH YOU EMOTIONALLY.
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 24, 2018
When you are free and ready to see him let me know I will direct you to him, I don't like passing people's contact, I will text him to let him know that you are headed there.
Britishcoins:

Help me with his contact
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by omoelerin1: 9:41pm On Jun 24, 2018
Britishcoins:
Unfortunately I don't know how to help, but this is my problem right now.

Hello my good people of Nairaland, I applied (paid for replacement slot) for Nigeria prison service (replacement), although through a connection. But what I don't understand is, after which I have been successfully shortlisted,
1. What will be the next requirements.
2. Since I did not applied online, how will I get my referee form.
Pls how many months will the training will last.

NB: I PAID FOR THE REPLACEMENT, WHICH IS FROM A BOSS WHO IS WORKING HERE IN ABJ UNDER THE MINISTRY OF INTERIOR.
PLS assist me with the procedure if you have any information about PRISON SERVICE.
Who are your good people of nairaland?
You applied through the back door, but you come here asking us nonsense question. Cant your so called yeye boss who collected offering from you tell you the procedure and give you the online printed form?

Stupid, get out of this place.

1 Like

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 24, 2018
Try to maintain eye to eye contact with ur audience or weneva u r charting with someone especially ur female friends,it will help ur alot
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Offpoint: 9:43pm On Jun 24, 2018
Davechuks360:
Good day Nairalanders.

Please I need your help

I'm in my first year at the university, UNIBEN to be precise. I'm quite intelligent (so to say) but there's something that's always bothering me.

I'm a very shy person and it's affecting my education. Anytime I want to speak in public, I find myself stammering even when I know what to say; I just can't express myself as I should.

Is there anyway I can improve on that??

I really want to be confident, I want to be able to express myself very well. The English is not the problem 'cus I'm developing it gradually.

Please is there suggestions? Anything I can do to improve?

Thanks in advance.

Start by singing special numbers in the church, then join choir, it works for me.... don't be afraid of making mistakes

2 Likes

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Jarus(m): 9:46pm On Jun 24, 2018
Jarus:
1, Read articles on gaining confidence. They abound on the internet. You could read one or two good books on it too. For me, the book "How to Gain Confidence" (can't remember the author but will check and edit later)was helpful for me. I also CBB Larry King's book, How to Talk to Anyone, Anytime. Another greay book. It contained valuable tips. I also read articles online. They were very helpful. Useful tips.

2, Prepare. Prepare. Prepare. Anytime you know you have to talk in public, practice in the room. When in school, I practised my presentations in the room in advance. Now, there will be times when this will not be applicable, but where it is applicable, apply it.

3, Psyche. Have at the back of your mind that there were people worse than you. I was probably worse than you because I was raised in a local community and initially struggled to integrate, cimmunication wise, with Lagos folks when in school until I later realized that I was better in writing that most of them, even though they apoke better. That helped my psychology - if I could best them in writing, I should be able to get close to them in speaking too. Still on psychology, the day I read Larry's book, where he mentioned that he also prepared and rehearsed before TV show, my vonfidence was boosted a great deal. If the best public speakers also prepare and rehearse, who am I.

4, Participate in social activities. Can't be overemphasized. You wont improve if you don't find the opportunity to get better, no matter what you know in theory. Find opportunity to use the tips you read.

5, Know your stuff. If you know your stuff, it helps in confidence building. If you wake me up and ask me to talk on issues I have passion for (e.g oil and gas, taxation, careers etc), I exude confidence better than topics I am not great at.

6, Dressing well also helps in confidence building. Reading wide and being versatile also help. If you are loaded and know more than most of the people you want to talk to, helps your confidence.

Although I am still only an average speaker - probably below average sef - but I know I have improved a lot in the last 10 years. My activities as a career advisor at JarusHub also meant I cant shy away from talking to people. I got a lot of exposure in the last 5 years (through JarusHub) that meant I can't shy away from public speaking again. I get a lot of invites from universities to associations to TV stations to come and talk on one topic or another, it came with my modest profile in the last 5 years. At that point, I had no option than to work on myself.

I still have a lot to learn.

You may find this helpful.

1 Like

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by SirBunky85(m): 9:46pm On Jun 24, 2018
Davechuks360:

It's just my nature embarassed embarassed
so,how u take toast ur present girlfriend?
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Jarus(m): 9:48pm On Jun 24, 2018
Jarus:
1, Read articles on gaining confidence. They abound on the internet. You could read one or two good books on it too. For me, the book "How to Gain Confidence" (can't remember the author but will check and edit later)was helpful for me. I also read CNN's Larry King's book, How to Talk to Anyone, Anytime. Another great book. It contained valuable tips. I also read articles online. They were very helpful. Useful tips.

2, Prepare. Prepare. Prepare. Anytime you know you have to talk in public, practice in the room. When in school, I practised my presentations in the room in advance. Now, there will be times when this will not be applicable, but where it is applicable, apply it.

3, Psyche. Have at the back of your mind that there were people worse than you. I was probably worse than you because I was raised in a local community and initially struggled to integrate, cimmunication wise, with Lagos folks when in school until I later realized that I was better in writing that most of them, even though they apoke better. That helped my psychology - if I could best them in writing, I should be able to get close to them in speaking too. Still on psychology, the day I read Larry's book, where he mentioned that he also prepared and rehearsed before TV show, my vonfidence was boosted a great deal. If the best public speakers also prepare and rehearse, who am I.

4, Participate in social activities. Can't be overemphasized. You wont improve if you don't find the opportunity to get better, no matter what you know in theory. Find opportunity to use the tips you read.

5, Know your stuff. If you know your stuff, it helps in confidence building. If you wake me up and ask me to talk on issues I have passion for (e.g oil and gas, taxation, careers etc), I exude confidence better than topics I am not great at.

6, Dressing well also helps in confidence building. Reading wide and being versatile also help. If you are loaded and know more than most of the people you want to talk to, helps your confidence.

Although I am still only an average speaker - probably below average sef - but I know I have improved a lot in the last 10 years. My activities as a career advisor at JarusHub also meant I cant shy away from talking to people. I got a lot of exposure in the last 5 years (through JarusHub) that meant I can't shy away from public speaking again. I get a lot of invites from universities to associations to TV stations to come and talk on one topic or another, it came with my modest profile in the last 5 years. At that point, I had no option than to work on myself.

I still have a lot to learn.

You may find this helpful.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by TissuePaper: 9:48pm On Jun 24, 2018
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by balogunby(m): 9:49pm On Jun 24, 2018
Davechuks360:
Good day Nairalanders.

We both in the same shoe.
But what i always tell myself is, Just say anything that comes to your mind when interacting with anyone especially females.

I'm still working with my interactions towards female thuo.
But all i know is that If i want to tell anyone anything I'll force myself to talk.

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Britishcoins(m): 9:49pm On Jun 24, 2018
omoelerin1:
Who are your good people of nairaland?
You applied through the back door, but you come here asking us nonsense question. Cant your so called yeye boss who collected offering from you tell you the procedure and give you the online printed form?

Stupid, get out of this place.
I knew I will have comment from a destitute like you. But let me just ignore u like this below

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by olumose001(m): 9:49pm On Jun 24, 2018
I was like you, mine might be even worse than yours, but I overcame it by acting stupid and not giving a bleep bout it... One thing with shyness is that it comes with boredom as a side package
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by yemite1925: 9:50pm On Jun 24, 2018
Bro, I happened to be in your shoe back then in OAU. Shyness ain't your problem but confidence. My mentor told me , whenever I'm in class just assume no one is better than you, I have that a shot and i tried it severally till I overcame the fear . If you know what you want to say , just look at fear in the eyes and tell it is a fool. Goodluck bro

1 Like

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 24, 2018
Davechuks360:
Good day Nairalanders.

Please I need your help

I'm in my first year at the university, UNIBEN to be precise. I'm quite intelligent (so to say) but there's something that's always bothering me.

I'm a very shy person and it's affecting my education. Anytime I want to speak in public, I find myself stammering even when I know what to say; I just can't express myself as I should.

I really want to be confident, I want to be able to express myself very well. The English is not the problem 'cus I'm developing it gradually.

Thanks in advance.

Join a church fellowship or choir and be active, let your confidence grow from there.

I'm shy too and I've done nothing about it cos all that matters to me is performing better than my peers, every other thing just falls into place.
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by omoelerin1: 9:52pm On Jun 24, 2018
Britishcoins:

I knew I will have comment from a destitute like you. But let me just ignore u like this below
Omo ale.
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by omoelerin1: 9:53pm On Jun 24, 2018
Britishcoins:

Bastard.
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Aadeyinka(m): 9:54pm On Jun 24, 2018
Davechuks360:
Good day Nairalanders.

Please I need your help

Thanks in advance.

Nice you speak out, firstly put it in ur mind that no one is perfect even if u make mistakes, it bound to happen in a while, secondly you have to be courageous and have confidence in yourself ,that all. God will help u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pay Rise: FG Excludes State Universities, ASUU Kicks / Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam / Four Final Year FUTO Students Design A Campus Surveillance Drone (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.