Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ (69778 Views)

NFF Tells Rohr To Get Ebere Eze For AFCON 2021 Qualifiers / David Nwolokor Begs Gernot Rohr To Give Him A Chance / Morocco Wants Rohr To Replace Renard As Atlas Lions Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by Majlaw(m): 5:50pm On Jun 24, 2018
goldcoinhub:
Nigeria vs Argentina : Leicester City striker, Kelechi Iheanacho has told Super Eagles handler, Gernot Rohr to employ a 3-5-2 formation when they face Argentina in their crucial World Cup match on Tuesday.

The forward was one of the beneficiaries when the German coach opted to change the formation to a 3-5-2 system that worked so well in the second half of the 2-1 loss to England three weeks ago.

”It was a good result for us, we changed the formation and it wasn’t good in the first half but we came back strong in the second half,” Iheanacho told reporters in the mixed zone.

”They say the voice of people is the voice of God, but I think the coach has a big part to play, so he has to make the final decision at the end, so any formation that he comes out with, this formation is giving us what we want.

”We really worked a lot on set-pieces before coming to this game. African teams, they say we are not good in set-pieces, but we are working on set-pieces so we can be strong to fight against (teams) in set-pieces, corner kicks and free-
kicks.”

The Super Eagles avoided an early flight home after beating Iceland 2-0, with Ahmed Musa scoring a brace.

https://lailasnews.com/nigeria-vs-argentina-see-the-formation-iheanacho-wants-rohr-to-employ/

3-5-2 with Messi leading the attack for the Argentina? Na dis same formation Chelsea use wey turn dia keeper to Sanyeri
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by meromero11: 5:52pm On Jun 24, 2018
CSTR1003:

France used that tactics against Nigeria in the last world cup.

They took out onazi who was in good form and controlling the midfield, and then Paul pogba now had the free rein to wreck havoc which he did.
If not, Nigeria would most likely have won that game.

To pull it off, you need an experienced tackler that can pull it off without getting a red.

Because a red card would make the situation even worse.

See strategy!!! How we go fit fly you on emergency flight to Russia for this singular assignment?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by Dreadful: 5:57pm On Jun 24, 2018
dominique:
The 3-5-2 worked fine for us but I think Iwobi should start. Odion Ighalo must NEVER be allowed to go near the field
Hahahaha
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by Olyroks: 5:58pm On Jun 24, 2018
��� mumu of the highest order
ChiefAzubuike1:
Argentina 4-1 Nigeria

(Aguero 23" 79" ; Salvio 42" ; Pavon 88" )

(Balogun 56" )

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by CSTR1003: 5:59pm On Jun 24, 2018
meromero11:

See strategy!!! How we go fit fly you on emergency flight to Russia for this singular assignment?
Big teams used that tactics regularly as a last resort in any hard game.

The Italians of the 90s were masters of it. Take out an important opposing player without getting a red.
They even used it against Nigeria in 94 or so. A game we should have won.

Small teams are too naive to pull it off.

Even real Madrid used it against salah.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by Purenaija(m): 5:59pm On Jun 24, 2018
[Prophetess of DOOMquote author=ChiefAzubuike1 post=68779955] Argentina 4-1 Nigeria

(Balogun 56" )[/quote]
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by Princedapace(m): 6:00pm On Jun 24, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
Because them manage win one match, them don dey run their mouth like tap now. Shameless team.

Nigerians which day una mumu and
stupidity go end. Imagine people celebrating a win
against COMMON iceland like we
won the world cup. Only in this country can you
find such high number of mediocres
celebrating mediocrity. Even people wey their next meal
no sure dey follow dey celebrate
because we manage win iceland as if dem go pay you.
Mediocres everywhere in the country. Celebrating nonsense.

On tuesday after argentina don deal
with una finish, the good for nothing
super chickens go from russia move
go their various clubs.

When other countries are chaneling their energy into positive and better things, nigerians are busy celebrating a win against common iceland.

Very shameful and degrading.

I just can't wait for argentina to deal with
the super chickens and end all these nonsense high hopes you people are having.

Permutation year in year out, una no dey tire? I dey shame for una.

U talk sense jaree.. I said it that if SE do well for world cup, millions will even attribute it to Buhari and gladly vote for him again..

My brother, the Nigerian masses are actually the reason we have failed govt for decades..generally, blacks are not smart collectively.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by Smarkie: 6:02pm On Jun 24, 2018
any formation that will give us victory is accepted
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by Positiveminds(m): 6:04pm On Jun 24, 2018
ChiefAzubuike1:
Argentina 4-1 Nigeria

(Balogun 56" )

By the power I possess, I cancel your prediction. It shall end in favour of the Super Eagles.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by mamajaz(f): 6:04pm On Jun 24, 2018
Luukasz:
This dude need sense please borrow him one if you have
Make him go borrow Buhari own nah tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by kmaster007: 6:10pm On Jun 24, 2018
I don't no hw Ighalo make d team with dat is big yansh..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 24, 2018
itzlabode:

So who is Iwobi suppose to replace?
Iheanacho
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 24, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
Because them manage win one match, them don dey run their mouth like tap now. Shameless team.

go their various clubs.

When other countries are chaneling their energy into positive and better things, nigerians are busy celebrating a win against common iceland.

Iceland is ranked 22nd in the world. They aren't "common Iceland".

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by meccuno: 6:12pm On Jun 24, 2018
dominique:
The 3-5-2 worked fine for us but I think Iwobi should start. Odion Ighalo must NEVER be allowed to go near the field
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by vikkiedee: 6:15pm On Jun 24, 2018
Tell them oooo
zombieHUNTER:

It's not odions fault
He was isolated being a lone striker

That formation didn't work for anyone

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by ehis05(m): 6:18pm On Jun 24, 2018
Viking007:
Like I said earlier on, playing a 3 man defence against Argentina is suicidal. The strength of the Argentines is in their attack. A 4-4-2 should suffice.
the disadvantage of playing a 442 for dis nigerian team is dat.. They hardly create a scoring opportunity easily jus like we saw against croatia... 3-5-2..is more of a counter attacking formation...its nt all out attack.. The wingback play as 2 and 3 while under pressure and also support the attack wen we are with d balll..thats why we have to play with fast players as wingbacks the likes of ebuehi and moses.. So if d wingbacks stays very disciplined against an argentian syd with good players den we can get a good result against dem..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by tragergeorge(m): 6:23pm On Jun 24, 2018
sunnysunny69:
They took the match to Iceland in the second half. Very early in the Croatia match every one can see Nigeria was clumsy, passing and holding the ball too much, once one goal down it looks like it was over considering Nigeria don't come from behind to win at the world cup. Against Iceland, Musa and ihenacho provided the power and pace needed , Mikel playeed in front of the midfielders thereby giving him the chance to communicate with the fowards as a captain, and we're all celebrating with this result.

Against Argentina I'll like them to play a defensive game. Argentina have some of the best attacks as we all know but this is not a game we should attack else we'll get punished. I don't expect decisions/referee to be on our side, EU referees are bad for us as they protect big stars with fouls and game flows. If we can defend and watch those set pieces, we may have a chance.

Pablo zabaleta was talking on a programme and he said he saw Argentina practice and after practice Messi stayed behind when everyone was gone and he was practising free kicks and without his boots on ! So we should watch out for those set pieces.
Mikel do wetinBros u no watch d match
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by Tomoyayi(m): 6:27pm On Jun 24, 2018
sexiestharam:
I would really love the super eagles to qualify. But let's call a spade what it is. Argentina knows what is at stake. You think they would let the eagles beat them? Even Fifa would prefer Argentina going through instead of Nigeria and different tactics would be employed to ensure the eagles lose. The super eagles are coming home.

Leave dat talk for Taribo. If Super Eagles play well and score goals e go hard for FIFA to do any ojoro.
But wait sef which world cup you dey watch, shey you no see as big teams dey fumble.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by movetoca: 6:27pm On Jun 24, 2018
dominique:
Even ball boys dey useful pass that bros. He doesn't deserve extra time appearance.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by KingOfAmebo(m): 6:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:

go their various clubs.

Shey you don talk finish?...abi you wan add to the jagbandatis wey you just yarn?

If to sey you dey watch ball you go know sey Iceland no be small team, iceland wey eliminate England for the last Euro tournament and wey draw Argentina for this world cup na him you call small team...you are just a bitter person by nature, try to find happiness for the sake of your health.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 24, 2018
ChiefAzubuike1:
Argentina 4-1 Nigeria
(Balogun 56" )

pple like you are the reason this country is not moving forward
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by Ndonu101: 6:34pm On Jun 24, 2018
dominique:

Please who will Iwobi replace?

Iwobi that can’t fight for the ball and win it back?
Iwobi is slightly above average when he has the ball and useless when the team is defending

At best Iwobi should come in as substitute, he should never start for now
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by akilo1: 6:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
madjam:
Please help me with 5k

Bank: GTB

Account No. 0243850902
lazy youth..go and work
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by cbngov01(m): 6:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
ChiefAzubuike1:
Argentina 4-1 Nigeria

(Balogun 56" )

If u damn sure, go and play naija bet...but we dont need dis negative vibes u spewing....Naija all the way!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by Ndonu101: 6:37pm On Jun 24, 2018
ABDULSODEEQ:
Good formation! It depends though,if Argentina use 4-3-3!! U can't use 3 cnter back against 3attatckers!! Rohr is smart! Croatia were just lucky!! Argentina used 3-5-2 against them and we're demolished!!!! Our formation will depend on Argentina formation

Forget this nonsense

3-5-2 becomes 5-3-2 if we are defending and under pressure.

3-5-2 is the best formation for this super Eagles in Russia no matter who the opponent is or what formation they are playing
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by Nwambaise: 6:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
sexiestharam:
I would really love the super eagles to qualify. But let's call a spade what it is. Argentina knows what is at stake. You think they would let the eagles beat them? Even Fifa would prefer Argentina going through instead of Nigeria and different tactics would be employed to ensure the eagles lose. The super eagles are coming home.

You lack self belief. In football, anything can happen.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 24, 2018
askibee:

pple like you are the reason this country is not moving forward
Its actually people like you that's not making the country move forward. Over expectant, impossible thinking and failing to accept the truth and reality.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by GoodMuyis(m): 6:41pm On Jun 24, 2018
sexiestharam:

who Argentina epp?

Nigeria wey get better jersey na we go make things happen
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by bakila: 6:43pm On Jun 24, 2018
The source of the new is lielaiblog
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by akinszz: 6:43pm On Jun 24, 2018
ChiefAzubuike1:
Argentina 4-1 Nigeria
(Balogun 56" )
just take a look at yourself

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 24, 2018
ChiefAzubuike1:

Its actually people like you that's not making the country move forward. Over expectant, impossible thinking and failing to accept the truth and reality.

oh really,how do you mean am over expectant? nigeria beating argentina is over expectant? this country will be great and its our determination,hope,believes,faith and decision that will bring it to reality
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by Ndonu101: 6:44pm On Jun 24, 2018
bid4rich:
I disagree with Iheanacho on this. The coach employ 3 5 2 in the first half where eagles record zero shot on target. But in the second half the formation was changed to 4 3 3 and we won 2 0. Which one is then better?

He should play to instruction. We win qualify

Which 4-3-3?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Finds Lady Who Fed Him Burgers When He Begged 4 Food / David Oniya Collapses On The Pitch And Dies In Malaysia / Krepin Diatta Cries As He Is Mocked For "Being Ugly"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.