Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ (69776 Views)

NFF Tells Rohr To Get Ebere Eze For AFCON 2021 Qualifiers / David Nwolokor Begs Gernot Rohr To Give Him A Chance / Morocco Wants Rohr To Replace Renard As Atlas Lions Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by donbenie(m): 9:48pm On Jun 24, 2018
Salmoneus:
Formations doesn't win games...teams must learn to be fluid to the point of changing formations mid game...
Zeal without knowledge is a runaway horse,what you're advocating is an invitation to total anarchy..
At any point in time in a game a player should be able to know and do what is expected of him based on the team's formation or he will end up in a nọ man's land of indecision..
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by Bluffly: 9:51pm On Jun 24, 2018
sunnysunny69:
They took the match to Iceland in the second half. Very early in the Croatia match every one can see Nigeria was clumsy, passing and holding the ball too much, once one goal down it looks like it was over considering Nigeria don't come from behind to win at the world cup. Against Iceland, Musa and ihenacho provided the power and pace needed , Mikel playeed in front of the midfielders thereby giving him the chance to communicate with the fowards as a captain, and we're all celebrating with this result.

Against Argentina I'll like them to play a defensive game. Argentina have some of the best attacks as we all know but this is not a game we should attack else we'll get punished. I don't expect decisions/referee to be on our side, EU referees are bad for us as they protect big stars with fouls and game flows. If we can defend and watch those set pieces, we may have a chance.

Pablo zabaleta was talking on a programme and he said he saw Argentina practice and after practice Messi stayed behind when everyone was gone and he was practising free kicks and without his boots on ! So we should watch out for those set pieces.

They should play a complete game. Defensive game will surely break via a mistake
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by Bluffly: 9:54pm On Jun 24, 2018
sexiestharam:
I would really love the super eagles to qualify. But let's call a spade what it is. Argentina knows what is at stake. You think they would let the eagles beat them? Even Fifa would prefer Argentina going through instead of Nigeria and different tactics would be employed to ensure the eagles lose. The super eagles are coming home.
Madam, please stop playing second fiddle. And so, if they are Argentina, remember that is a country with humans and not gods. When you perform exceedingly, no strategy can overpower you as they will only try but not succeed. So cheer your country and stop making them feel less of themselves
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by phemmite3: 10:02pm On Jun 24, 2018
Nigeria is going to beat Argentina with correct scores of 2:1 take or you live it, but the coach should start AHMED MUSA and KELECHI
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by Ndonu101: 10:16pm On Jun 24, 2018
Nigeria must be compact but we must pose a threat going forward

Not that nonsense Sweden did yesterday where 11 men Sweden sat back and invited 10 men Germany to come and score.

Nigeria can not play for draw. We need to be compact but try to score. The more goals we score the more chance we have to go forward

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by generaliy: 10:29pm On Jun 24, 2018
ChiefAzubuike1:
Argentina 4-1 Nigeria

(Aguero 23" 79" ; Salvio 42" ; Pavon 88" )

(Balogun 56" )

Prophet of doom!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by pawshjai(f): 11:04pm On Jun 24, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
Because them manage win one match, them don dey run their mouth like tap now. Shameless team.

Nigerians which day una mumu and
stupidity go end. Imagine people celebrating a win
against COMMON iceland like we
won the world cup. Only in this country can you
find such high number of mediocres
celebrating mediocrity. Even people wey their next meal
no sure dey follow dey celebrate
because we manage win iceland as if dem go pay you.
Mediocres everywhere in the country. Celebrating nonsense.

On tuesday after argentina don deal
with una finish, the good for nothing
super chickens go from russia move
go their various clubs.

When other countries are chaneling their energy into positive and better things, nigerians are busy celebrating a win against common iceland.

Very shameful and degrading.

I just can't wait for argentina to deal with
the super chickens and end all these nonsense high hopes you people are having.

Permutation year in year out, una no dey tire? I dey shame for una.
Mtcheww...trash talk
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by FaroukM(m): 11:53pm On Jun 24, 2018
Ighalo was begging rohr to put him after musa scored the second goal...he was running like person wey but load for yansh...he never hustle for ball...just wanted to be spoon feed..I wonder if this players watch other matches just to learn from other winning sides...but little hint...
Eagles should wear the jersey against Iceland..the Jersey get fame, and goodluck...that Dark green coloured Jersey against Croatia...na badluck full am...my opinion though..
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by FaroukM(m): 11:54pm On Jun 24, 2018
Ighalo was begging rohr to put him after musa scored the second goal...he was running like person wey but load for yansh...he never hustle for ball...just wanted to be spoon feed..I wonder if this players watch other matches just to learn from other winning sides...
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by wilyparker(m): 2:33am On Jun 25, 2018
Fuckyoumod:
I thought only me noticed how slow Ighalo was.

Always standing in front like a pole...
Doesn't bite, doesn't mark.. Just there in the front doing nothing.

A flexible, fast and skillful Iheanacho, moses and musa is still perfect for now and for counterattacks.

Iwobi must step up his game if he wants to start.

Mikel must never come forward..
Let him continue with his back pass at the back.

funny you, but it's true sha, Mikel is better at defensive midfield role
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by wilyparker(m): 2:40am On Jun 25, 2018
Viking007:
Like I said earlier on, playing a 3 man defence against Argentina is suicidal. The strength of the Argentines is in their attack. A 4-4-2 should suffice.
Wish Rohr will use this formation it will work better for a team like Argentina... Mikel and Ndidi holding the midfield, Moses and Idowu wing backs, up front Musa and Iheanacho

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by bid4rich(m): 8:38am On Jun 25, 2018
Ndonu101:

The coach only change personnel, he did not change tactics

Idowu was providing nothing on the left flank hence the change to introduce Ebuehi to give us more width. That helped us to attack from 2 flanks rather than one

There was no change in tactics

I want you to check the game very well, they always show the formation adopted at the beginning of second half. I think that will provide more depth.

Also, check the first half formation provided on the screen against the second half formation + the playing pattern. All the same, we won and that's what matter
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by yinkeys(m): 10:11am On Jun 25, 2018
Ndonu101:

Says who?

3-5-2 turns into 5-3-2 when you are defending

3-5-2 is the best formation for this team

We used this same formation to beat Argentina in November in Krasnodar. 4-2 was the score in Nigeria favour

All the team need is to be compact and watch Messi. Ndidi should make sure he has an eye on Messi if he crosses the half way line

Rakitic did this to good effect against Argentina. He did not man mark Messi but he seems to show up in front of Messi whenever Messi is in a dangerous position

Nigeria must also avoid giving away silly free kicks in dangerous areas of the pitch
Lol If we watch messi too much, aguero will score.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by sexiestharam(f): 9:17pm On Jun 26, 2018
All those who cursed me for my correct prediction, may you eat your words. Didn't i say that FIFA would make Argentina win? Was that hand ball not a penalty for Nigeria? Nigerians should face reality and stop acting on sentiments. That's why we are still so backward as a nation.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ by cashful(m): 11:39pm On Jun 26, 2018
dominique:
The 3-5-2 worked fine for us but I think Iwobi should start. Odion Ighalo must NEVER be allowed to go near the field

Pity the coach didn't see this.. he brought him in and the rest is history.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Finds Lady Who Fed Him Burgers When He Begged 4 Food / David Oniya Collapses On The Pitch And Dies In Malaysia / Krepin Diatta Cries As He Is Mocked For "Being Ugly"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.