Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,235 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Dealing With A Family Member Or Close Friend Who Is Into Runs Or Ill Vices - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dealing With A Family Member Or Close Friend Who Is Into Runs Or Ill Vices (464 Views)

Am About To Go Into Runs / She Is Into Runs Should I Still Marry Her? / Aisha Laah, Lady Whose Fiance Married Her Close Friend, Stuns In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dealing With A Family Member Or Close Friend Who Is Into Runs Or Ill Vices by abdeiz(m): 3:20pm On Jun 24, 2018
As a guy we discuss about our sexcapades around other guys most times and the usual gist but one thing i noticed is how guys defend each other or turn a blind eye when they discover that their sister is doing runs.

I was hanging around with some homies and one of them mentioned that his sister(who is schooling in another state) was in town and lodged in a hotel, being naive i asked what she was doing lodged in a hotel and he nonchalantly replied " na man she go see na". Suprised at his no give a damn attitude i asked again whether doesnt mind and the other jumped into his defence that what was expected of him to do about it, should he go and drag her out of there and risk being arrested by her visitor or worst be denied by his sister, that the best he can do for her is to pray for her and mind his business or at most give her little advice from time to time telling her to be careful. I wanted to interject and told them that it doesnt have to be that way but they kinda shut me up saying that i shouldnt tempt fate else it could happen to my family too to have my sisters doing runs. I had realized that this argument wasnt going to go my way and gave it up.

There were some observations i made during this conversation and i cant help but to think that many other brothers out there are dealing with the same issue and is more prevalent than we know cos due to the economic climate of this country presently anybody can be tempted to do anything.

1. One of the reasons why people go into runs is due to a lack of home training, parents let their kids to have a free hand and dont reprimand them at an early age, hence all they can be easily lured into wrong vices without having any emotional or moral remorse.

2. Friends and family are hesitant to talk to them because they might be getting some kind of favour from them one way or the other so they turn a blind eye in order to be on their good books. they give one excuse that its their life and thats how they chose to live with it, for God's sake its your own sister doing runs, the least you can do is be diplomatic and approach her in a way that she sees the light and stop.

3. We all know that everyone loves shortcut, right from school you flex life, dont focus on your studies or learn a trade(a legit one tho), you graduate from school without a good result or any meaningful skill to keep yourself productive. hunger wants to kill you hence you start doing illegal stuff.

Its so sad what is going on especially those who have loved ones doing it and are powerless to help, some dont even care about how it makes their parents feel and show no signs of stopping anytime soon.

As you lay your bed so you shall lie on it.

Make hay while the sun shines.

(1) (Reply)

Shock As A Man Picks Up The Wrong Baby! / Flatmate Needed In Warri, Delta State / Have You Tried This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.