Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo (38814 Views)

Femi Adesina Posts Cryptic 'reaction' To Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku / 2019 Election: Mind Your Business, Tinubu Tells Obasanjo / Frame-up: Atiku Reacts To Obasanjo’s Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by deomelo: 11:29pm On Jun 24, 2018

A national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, on Sunday asked former President Olusegun Obasanjo to stop interfering in the affairs of the ruling party.

He spoke in Abuja at the venue of the national convention of the party.

Mr Tinubu, who described Mr Obasanjo’s interference as “busy body”, argued that the achievements of President Muhammadu Buhari in three years could not be compared to those of the administrations of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), which ruled the country for unbroken 16 years.

Mr Obasanjo was president between 1999 and 2007 on the platform of the PDP.

The former president had earlier in the year written an open letter to Mr Buhari asking him not to run for a second term because he had performed poorly.

However, the president ignored the advice as he announced at the APC National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting in Abuja that he would seek reelection next year.

Mr Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos State, said Mr Obasanjo did not have the right to tell the president not to run again.

“Thank God he (Obasanjo) is not a part of our party; this busy body. Unfortunately he has torn the card of his previous party so he has no home,” he said.

He thanked Mr Buhari for his decision to run again, saying “run, contest, you must.”

He also appreciated Vice President Yemi Osinbajo for being “a great fountain of knowledge” and for not undermining his (vice president) leaders.

On the convention, Mr Tinubu expressed joy that it was successfully conducted, stating “today through convention we have changed the leadership of our party, not at gun point.”

Congratulating the newly elected national chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, the former governor said his (Oshiomhole) emergence was a true reflection of the saying that “no matter how short a man is you will see the sky.”

He admonished the new NWC members to work hard for the party because its members had put their trust in them and would not afford to fail.

He said, “In trust we put you; that trust you cannot abuse. We will be with you, support you and the day we need to fight you, we will fight.”

Mr Tinubu said despite predictions that the APC would implode during the convention, it remained intact.

“The ‘pigs’ and their fortune tellers predicted the party will fall apart but I thank the (national convention) committee for making the convention a success,” he said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/273699-2019-mind-your-business-tinubu-tells-obasanjo.html

Almighty JAGABAN

grin grin grin

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by deomelo: 11:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
“The ‘pigs’ and their fortune tellers predicted the party will fall apart but I thank the (national convention) committee for making the convention a success,” he said.

What is Asiwaju talking about?

Abeg who are the PIGS?

grin grin grin grin

140 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by BAILMONEY: 11:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
deomelo:

Abeg who are the PIGS?

grin grin grin grin

HAVE YOU WORSHIPED PROPHET BUHARI S A W TODAY

180 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by babyfaceafrica: 11:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
They are all the same...some uninformed youths elltake sides with people who don't care about them

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by deomelo: 11:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
[s]
BAILMONEY:
HAVE YOU WORSHIPED PROPHET BUHARI S A W TODAY
[/s]

No time allocation for disgruntled and frustrated Igbos today, try your luck next time..

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by Tolexander: 11:38pm On Jun 24, 2018
A national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, on
Sunday asked former President Olusegun Obasanjo to stop interfering in the
affairs of the ruling party.
But why didn't Tinubu tell Obasanjo this prior to the 2015 election?

154 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by BAILMONEY: 11:38pm On Jun 24, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

No time allocation for disgruntled and frustrated Igbos today, try your luck next time..
YOU HAVENT ANSWERED MY QUESTION

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by deomelo: 11:41pm On Jun 24, 2018
[s]
BAILMONEY:
YOU HAVENT ANSWERED MY QUESTION
[/s]

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by 9jaArea: 11:42pm On Jun 24, 2018
Baba Iyabo will be kicked out of political relevance come 2019... PMB/PYO till 2023.

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by deomelo: 11:42pm On Jun 24, 2018
Tolexander:
But why didn't Tinubu tell Obasanjo this prior to the 2015 election?

Because OBJ was minding his business then...

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 24, 2018
And Atiku oo, Obasanjo ooo, Tinubu ooo, Buhari oo, all oda old corrupt Nigeria politicians that refuse to quit, na fire go burn all of dem, if u quote me fire!!!! grin

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by baike: 11:44pm On Jun 24, 2018
this fight go sweet oooh. Oga and boy

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by ictmikky(m): 11:44pm On Jun 24, 2018
Chai
Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by room089: 11:44pm On Jun 24, 2018
Kasala is about to burst!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by sonnie10: 11:45pm On Jun 24, 2018
It's always Tinubu vs OBJ. If history is anything to go by, Tinubu will win at the end of this initial gra-gra.

They had serious fracas when Tinubu was governor
It happened when Tinubu joined APC

It's happening again.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:45pm On Jun 24, 2018
I wonder which year the youths would wake up

10 Likes

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by Rekyz(m): 11:46pm On Jun 24, 2018
Foolish people everywhere...

8 Likes

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by Tolexander: 11:46pm On Jun 24, 2018
deomelo:

Because OBJ was minding his business then...
you meant a common business OBJ had with Tinubu to wrestle the mantle from Goodluck Jonathan?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by ovieokodhi(m): 11:47pm On Jun 24, 2018
Will any politician even make heaven
See two old fools abeg..

1 Like

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by Cordis92(f): 11:47pm On Jun 24, 2018
Never bite the finger that fed you.

6 Likes

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by mightyhaze: 11:47pm On Jun 24, 2018
even though i dont really care about obj,...this tinubu punch was below the belt. i wish oldman obj the fortitude to carry on

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:47pm On Jun 24, 2018
Tinubu dey make me laugh undecided

How is raising issues on a ruling party bent on ruining Nigeria busy body

Your mal-administration is affecting us and you say we shouldn't talk undecided

I was expecting him to use this opportunity and mention those Buhari's achievements in 3years

But atlas just like the ranting BMCs on Nairaland, he dodged it undecided

Chai! This ugly Tinubu self follow dey call person pig undecided

grin grin grin wonders of the world!

74 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by Abdulnur(m): 11:47pm On Jun 24, 2018
deomelo:

Abeg who are the PIGS?

grin grin grin grin

Right on the head, the nail was hit.... grin
Oya send hit hi five.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by deomelo: 11:48pm On Jun 24, 2018
Tolexander:
you meant a common business OBJ had with Tinubu to wrestle the mantle from Goodluck Jonathan?

Regardless and OBJ or no OBJ, stealing is not corruption OBJ was a gonner.

14 Likes

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by immaculate2018: 11:49pm On Jun 24, 2018
they have started again coz of 2019
Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by Authoreety: 11:49pm On Jun 24, 2018
Just
Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by deomelo: 11:50pm On Jun 24, 2018
Abdulnur:

Right on the head, the nail was hit.... grin
Oya send hit hi five.

Asiwaju sabi tell it like it is..

grin grin grin

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by Boss13: 11:53pm On Jun 24, 2018
When will Nigerians retire these men? Obasanjo and Buhari had been in the political scene since I was a baby and they are still dictating the political environment.
Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by Kayharry(m): 11:54pm On Jun 24, 2018
Asiwaju so oju abe n'koo

7 Likes

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by damiz(m): 11:54pm On Jun 24, 2018
Pray For Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Mind Your Business - Tinubu To Obasanjo by SHOPPERS(m): 11:55pm On Jun 24, 2018
Tinubu, hope you're getting better now sir? Heard the rumors of Codeine withdrawal symptoms. Now I believe it.

Na Obj bn don fduck up.

Shebi na pride make am tear the Card then in support of 4th grade okrika, now him eye don clear.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki, Tambuwal, Ortom Get First PDP Assignment / Throwback Picture Of Tinubu With Onyeka Onwenu / PDP Gives Return Tickets To Saraki, Kwankwaso, Tambuwal After Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.