Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist (5459 Views)

Nigerian Men Are Sexist / Please Stop Asking Women This Question, It Is Sexist. / 7 Bible Verses That Proof Jesus Was A Black Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by Nobody: 1:01am On Jun 26, 2018
Sexism in the Bible is quite rife. This sort of thing is mostly ignored by more liberal Christians and accurately attributed to the patriarchal society of the time, which really did treat women as objects and property.
More conservative Christians, who might hold "traditional" family values may also be quite embarrassed by the outright displays of chauvinism but literalists really do have no choice to accept this as fact, and conclude that they support these positions.

Contents
1 Quotations
1.1 Corinthians
1.2 Colossians
1.3 Deuteronomy
1.4 Ephesians
1.5 Exodus
1.6 Genesis
1.7 Leviticus
1.8 Timothy
2 See also
Quotations
Corinthians
Part of the New Testament.
1 Corinthians 11:3-10:
But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head.

But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head — it is the same as having her head shaved.

If a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

A man ought not cover his head, since he is in the image and the glory of God; but woman is the glory of man.

For man did not come from woman, but woman from man.

Neither was man created for women, but women for man.

For this reason, a woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head, because of the angels.

1 Corinthians 11:13-16:
Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered?

Doesn’t nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair it is a disgrace to him, but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory?

For long hair is given to her as a covering.

If anyone is inclined to dispute this, we have no other practice, nor do the churches of God.

1 Corinthians 14:34-35:
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Colossians
Colossians 3:18:
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

Deuteronomy
Part of the Old Testament.
Deuteronomy 21:11-14:
And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife.

Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails.

And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.

And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will...

Deuteronomy 22:5:
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

Ephesians
Ephesians 5:22-24:
Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.

For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the savior.

Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

Exodus
Exodus 21:7-8:
And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.

If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.

Genesis
Genesis 3:16:
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Genesis 19:8:
Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes.

Genesis 25:1:
Then again Abraham took a wife, and her name was Keturah.

Worth noting is that Abraham already had a wife at this point (Sarah), as well as his very own abandoned sex slave concubine (Hagar).

Genesis 26:34, Genesis 29:29:
And Esau was forty years old when he took to wife Judith the daughter of Beeri the Hittite, and Bashemath the daughter of Elon the Hittite.

Then went Esau unto Ishmael, and took unto the wives which he had Mahalath the daughter of Ishmael Abraham's son, the sister of Nebajoth, to be his wife.

Genesis 32:22:
And he rose up that night, and took his two wives, and his two womenservants...

Genesis 36:6:
And Esau took his wives...

Leviticus
Leviticus 12:2 and Leviticus 12:5:
Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean...

But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days.

If a woman gives birth to a male child, she is unclean for seven days. If she has a female child, she is unclean for 14-66 days. Go figure.

Leviticus 19:20:
And whosoever lieth carnally with a woman, that is a bondmaid, betrothed to an husband, and not at all redeemed, nor freedom given her; she shall be scourged; they shall not be put to death, because she was not free.

Leviticus 27:3-7:
And thy estimation shall be of the male from twenty years old even unto sixty years old, even thy estimation shall be fifty shekels of silver...

And if it be a female, then thy estimation shall be thirty shekels.

And if it be from five years old even unto twenty years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male twenty shekels, and for the female ten shekels.

And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver.

And if it be from sixty years old and above; if it be a male, then thy estimation shall be fifteen shekels, and for the female ten shekels.

Timothy
1 Timothy 2:12:
I do not permit a woman to teach or have authority over a man; she must be quiet.

Over the years after studying the Bible carefully I've come to conclusion that the people who wrote the Bible weren't instructed by any God to write it.

Men wrote the Bible to please and glorify themselves as can be seen from the sexism in the Bible write up.

There's no way a God who created two creatures will favour one creature over the other.

The Bible is thus not only fictional but also sexist.

Men who wrote the Bible are sexist and misogynist.

3 Likes

Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by Nobody: 1:26am On Jun 26, 2018
Indeed.
Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by khiaa(f): 1:30am On Jun 26, 2018
This is in the wrong forum.
Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by Nobody: 1:36am On Jun 26, 2018
Beautiful Pice Elder001 smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by Nobody: 1:39am On Jun 26, 2018
khiaa:
This is in the wrong forum.

I don't understand.
Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by Nobody: 1:41am On Jun 26, 2018
PrinceCharmings:
Beautiful Pice Elder001 smiley

I like saying the truth.

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by Nobody: 1:43am On Jun 26, 2018
Elder001:

I like saying the truth.
and the truth shall set u free! Keep typing the truth smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by Nobody: 2:02am On Jun 26, 2018
PrinceCharmings:
and the truth shall set u free! Keep typing the truth smiley

I'm pleased.

The Bible is fictious and also sexist written by misogynists who claim to have been directed by God.

There's no way you will create two creatures and give one creature more advantage over the other.
Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by khiaa(f): 3:41am On Jun 26, 2018
Elder001:

I don't understand.

It should be in the religion forum, not the romance.
Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by MISEDUCATIONS: 5:43am On Jun 26, 2018
hate it or love it the Universe is Male.
even if the Bible disappeared, nature will still be sexist. the male of the species are Kings everywhere. reality itself is Male oriented. you'll hurt yourself hating things that are above your paygrade to change.

5 Likes

Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by highqueen(f): 6:15am On Jun 26, 2018
Elder001:

I like saying the truth.
highly commendable.
but God is not a sexist,he does His things as he pleases. And shouldn't be questioned.

2 Likes

Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by Deltayankeeboi: 6:56am On Jun 26, 2018
It's weird how some people can decide to be intentionally stupid.

How can you question the master potter on what to do with his wares and ceramics he created with his own hands and knowledge.

A person who thinks he is wise and smart when he is obviously not is worse than a fool.

A fool trying to say something smart thinking he is wise is like a cripple trying to walk.

I leave your case to God.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 26, 2018
highqueen:

highly commendable.
but God is not a sexist,he does His things as he pleases. And shouldn't be questioned.

God is sexist and misogynistic.
Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 26, 2018
MISEDUCATIONS:
even if the Bible disappeared, nature will still be sexist. the male of the species are Kings everywhere. reality itself is Male oriented. you'll hurt yourself hating things that are above your paygrade to change.

This thread isn't meant for misogynists.
Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 26, 2018
khiaa:

It should be in the religion forum, not the romance.

I'll get more intelligent and interesting answers here.
Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by highqueen(f): 11:02am On Jun 26, 2018
Elder001:

mind what you say please.
bye.
Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by MISEDUCATIONS: 11:02am On Jun 26, 2018
Elder001:

This thread isn't meant for misogynists.

MISEDUCATIONS:
Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by khiaa(f): 11:07am On Jun 26, 2018
Elder001:

I'll get more intelligent and interesting answers here.

Ok. smiley
Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 26, 2018
highqueen:

mind what you say please.

bye.
Really?

I think you didn't read those verses. Praising God even at times when it's not right is one of the reasons Christians are questionable.

God and his so called prophets are sexist and misogynistic.

Off topic :

gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth...

That statement has many consequences.

If God really created everything in existence then why did the Bible talk about only earth when there are more than 4million planets in the universe.

Since God created only earth ,who created the other planets?

And why did God put life on earth and left the rest?

Any intelligent and deep minded person won't take time before knowing that the Bible is a folklore.. A fiction written my men.
Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by highqueen(f): 11:11am On Jun 26, 2018
Elder001:

Really?

I think you didn't read those verses. Praising God even at times when it's not right is one of the reasons Christians are questionable.

God and his so called prophets are sexist and misogynistic.

Off topic :

gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth...

That statement has many consequences.

If God really created everything in existence then why did the Bible talk about only earth when there are more than 4million planets in the universe.

Since God created only earth ,who created the other planets?

And why did God put life on earth and left the rest?

Any intelligent and deep minded person won't take time before knowing that the Bible is a folklore.. A fiction written my men.
mmmmmm.
Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 26, 2018
khiaa:

Ok. smiley

You can contribute to the topic.
Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 26, 2018
MISEDUCATIONS:

It'll take a long time before you're healed off primitiveness.

Keep deceiving your misogynistic self that this is a man's world.
Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by khiaa(f): 11:17am On Jun 26, 2018
Elder001:

You can contribute to the topic.

I have a question for you. If God and Jesus are one and the same, you know, the father the son and the holy spirit, the Trinity, how can God be over Jesus?
Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by khiaa(f): 11:23am On Jun 26, 2018
Elder001:

God is not sexist nor misogynistic but some of the writers of the book may be.

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by MISEDUCATIONS: 11:25am On Jun 26, 2018
Elder001:

It'll take a long time before you're healed off primitiveness.

Keep deceiving your misogynistic self that this is a man's world.

MISEDUCATIONS:
Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 26, 2018
khiaa:

I have a question for you. If God and Jesus are one and the same, you know, the father the son and the holy spirit, the Trinity, how can God be over Jesus?

This question is surely not for me.. It's for people who say such.
Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 26, 2018
khiaa:

God is not sexist nor misogynistic but some of the writers of the book may be.

It is written that God was the one who instructed every writer in the Bible to write book.

God was the one who instructed Moses - John what to write and what not to write according to Christians and the Bible itself.

Therefore God is sexist and misogynistic.
Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by Mizk(f): 11:30am On Jun 26, 2018
This dude doesn't know he's shaking tables

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by MISEDUCATIONS: 11:30am On Jun 26, 2018
khiaa:

the same way man and women are equal before God yet man is above woman. Jesus submits to God the same way the woman submits to a man. Elder001 doesnt get the concept of heirachy. without heirachy there is no system. even a country has one president at a time.
Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by khiaa(f): 11:31am On Jun 26, 2018
Elder001:

This question is surely not for me.. It's for people who say such.

Well, you typed the scripture that said the man was over women and God was over Christ.
Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 26, 2018
khiaa:

Well, you typed the scripture that said the man was over women and God was over Christ.

That's according to the Bible.
Re: Bible Verses That Shows God ,Ancient Prophets & The Bible Itself Are Sexist by khiaa(f): 11:34am On Jun 26, 2018
MISEDUCATIONS:
the same way man and women are equal before God yet man is above woman. Jesus submits to God the same way the woman submits to a man. Elder001 doesnt get the concept of heirachy. without heirachy there is no system. even a country has one president at a time.

But some say Jesus is God, so are you saying that God reigns over himself or submits to himself?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Still Can't Believe It. This Must Be A Dream / What Makes A Man A Responsible "real" Man? / Share Ur Dreams With Sandranna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.