Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,012 members, 7,845,274 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) (10653 Views)

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip / Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? / Websites of Nigerian Actors and Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 10:08pm On May 08, 2010
@vescucci
Yeah! I saw "Iron Man 2" today at the Genesis cinemas. It was a high turn out as the cinema hall was filled to capacity.
Its a good film but I prefer the first one.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by vescucci(m): 10:31pm On May 08, 2010
How did I know you'd say that? I didn't think anything could top the first one as that one seemed a complete and completed story. Wrapped up. Finito. Done
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 10:43pm On May 08, 2010
"Iron Man 2" is still worth having a look sha. wink
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by spikedcylinder: 4:28pm On May 13, 2010
A Personal Perspective.

Vescucci

Name: Schlung Hermit
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by spikedcylinder: 4:32pm On May 13, 2010
A Personal Perspective
Obinna

Name: Okenne dili Chuckwu
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by spikedcylinder: 4:33pm On May 13, 2010
This anti spam bot is crimping my kini.
All will be untagged later. angry
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 6:48pm On May 13, 2010
@spikedcylinder
Posts from May 9 - 12 2010 are missing. shocked
I hope they get recovered soon. undecided
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 7:58pm On May 13, 2010
Na wah. Not likely to be recovered if it was restored from its last back-up point. Spikie I recall you saying, watch something Sunset. I saw Up in the Air because I read your review and it sounded like something I'd like. No review of the sunset thingie. Besides, you never saw As Good As It Gets, though it's twice as funny and witty as Up in the Air, scoring seven Oscar nominations and winning three or so. Dirt-digging on Obinna and Vesc,hey?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by vescucci(m): 11:51pm On May 13, 2010
A Mossad dossier
Spikedcylinder
Name: Megan Fox
Instantaneous Location: Baba Waheedi Beauty Centre

Battlestar Galactica.

Where to start? The beginning.

I started this series with a biased mind. I cherish Star Trek: Voyager so much that I didn't want this Galactica thing to come knock it off. Before I go on, I'll just say Star Trek: Voyager and most of the other Star Treks are better sci-fi series. Far better. For so far into the future, the technology featured in this series is bland and unimaginative. The whole thing seemed so amateurish. I hate the CGI of the centurions. Many times absurd things were accommodated to ensure the story fits or to set a template for later or to just plain prolong the thing. The politics. The press. The prophecies. God! I could talk on and on about my misgivings about these three Ps. But I won't. Suffice to say they were all OVERDONE! OVERKILL! E don too much! Then the raiders and centurions are distinctly dumb in combat. For such a brilliant idea of cyborg fighter aircraft, I'd expect a more effective killing machine as killing should be first nature. You don't think about walking, or how to plot coordinates to guide food into your mouth, do you? I'd expect the raiders to kill with similar efficiency. But not so. The universe is a very very big place and with their FTL drives and all, it is almost ridiculous that there's no extra-terrestial life anywhere. It doesn't have to be intelligent. It just has to be life.

Anybody who reads the above will think I hate the frakking thing. Au contraire. If you call it a sci-fi series as it is supposed to be you'll have a heart attack. But if you just look at it as a futuristic story with what would appear a sci-fi backdrop, you'll survive. This series by some twist of fate presents some of the best acting I've ever seen on a series. Its being a sci-fi series makes this feat even more impressive. The characters are and the spectra of emotion they exhibit are so so RICH. My favorite character is Dr./Vice President/President Gaius Baltar. This guy is phenomenal. Absolutely. Col. Tigh (after he lost his mind along with his eye) was a revelation. Whoever's idea it was to introduce the word frak should be given a Nobel prize. It made a lot of things easier to say. Me, I'm a good boy and I don't swear but I love to see others do it.

The spirituality in the series proves the sayings that 'the more things change, the more they remain the same' and that 'history repeats itself'. The same things really. I enjoyed all the struggles the people had with spirituality but it stopped enchanting me when it seemed the cylons started to have more spiritual clarity than the humans themselves and started to see universal patterns that were invisible to humans. What? It got the makers into a tangle and they were struggling to reconcile all the prophecies and all the parts everyone had to play in it and the best they could come up with was Kara Thrace's time travel and return with a colossal hunch as to the whereabouts of earth. This kinda thing is what spoiled Lost for me. Endless ridiculous twists. Most series that are continuous suffer from this kinda thing. Inflexible flexibility I'll call it.

For the raunchies, there're enough foine women to fantasize about. As there are foine men. I'm just saying. I know people who watch shows just to see people frak

I'm tired and I can't really do a comprehensive analysis but it is one hell of a series. Much under-rated. I think they probably didn't have enough funds to really bring their ideas to life but what a show. What a show. I'm glad I finished it.

Max. Now, you should see Star Trek: Voyager. It was made way earlier than Battlestar Galactica but you wouldn't know.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by spikedcylinder: 8:46am On May 14, 2010
Don't worry max, when my posts get untagged, you'll see. grin grin grin
You didn't like Up In The Air? Yea, I said you should watching Before Sunset, I'll do a review later. My knuckles are pregnant today. tongue grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by spikedcylinder: 9:15am On May 14, 2010
Noemie Lenoir is recovering after a failed suicide bid.

French model Noemie Lenoir - one of the regular faces of Marks & Spencer's high-profile fashion campaigns - is recovering today after attempting suicide at the weekend, it has been revealed.

The 30-year-old was found unconscious by a man walking his dog in a forest in La Celle-Saint-Cloud, on the outskirts of Paris, on Sunday afternoon. It is believed that she swallowed a potent mixture of alcohol and drugs at the home of her on-off boyfriend, ex-Chelsea player Claude Makelele, with whom she has a five-year-old son, Kelyan.

"After coming to, Noemie was in a state of great distress and clearly very ill," a source close to the model told the Daily Mail. "She had clearly attempted to harm herself and had fallen unconscious. She was rushed to a nearby hospital and treated for the effects of poisoning. It seems that she had tried to commit suicide as a cry for help. She's now in a far better condition and recovering."

Police in Paris confirmed the news, with a spokesperson confirming, "A young woman age 30 was found unconscious in La Celle-Saint-Cloud on Sunday afternoon. She was rushed to hospital for treatment for the effects of an overdose. She is now recovering well."

Her relationship with Makelele is known to be rocky; he has been linked to numerous other women since their relationship began in 2003.

[img]http://www.handbag.com/?module=images&func=display&fileId=121117[/img]

I remember seeing her in Rush Hour 3 and thinking, my my what a gorgeous woman!
People have problems and all but isn't it rather selfish attempting to kill yourself when you have a 5 year old son?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 9:27am On May 14, 2010
John Callis was simply fantastic. I wanted to personally hand him every acting award on the planet. The woman president whose character changed subtly over the entire series was good too. And Saul was like a schizo, one in the Resistance, one on the ship. And the Commander. I wouldn't mind him commanding me. Dualla was the only weak acting link. But eye candy for men, I take it. I didn't mind since Helo was there for us wimmin. I laughed outright at the CGI when I first began, but soon got caught up in the story. For me: BG isn't perfect sci-fi, none is, but it's the best. The mystery you dislike is a plus for me, and one of the reasons I love LOST.

Spikie I enjoyed Up in the Air o. It 's one of those rare movies where all the leads are simply marvellous. I mentioned it would get Oscar nominations. It had to. But it's not in As Good As It Gets' league. Jack Nicholson simply owned that role, and earned that Best Actor Oscar.
Poor woman. Try to kill yourself at 30? And with a son? What on earth could have happened? Could it be the boyfriend? Some people do kill themselves over another person. I heard Kate Hudson drove Owen Wilson to suicide.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by Nobody: 10:02am On May 14, 2010
spikedcylinder:

. My knuckles are pregnant today. tongue grin

spikedcylinder:

This anti spam bot is crimping my kini.
(

someone must be indulging while posting grin grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 12:42pm On May 14, 2010
The new trailer for the movie INCEPTION

It has a release date set at July 16 2010.

[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66TuSJo4dZM[/flash]

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 1:43pm On May 14, 2010
It's going to be the most awesome movie of 2010. Nolan doesn't know how to disappoint. I can't wait.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 10:23am On May 15, 2010
LEAP YEAR
Amy Adams. Matthew Goode.

This is one of those subtle put-down-women movies where the life goal and validation of the existence of a female is to wear a wedding band. Amy Adams plays a woman in a four year relationship with a handsome and respectable man who loves her. On her way to propose to him, she meets a charming Inn-keeper who, through endless bickering and one kiss, steals her heart. By the time she arrives at her boyfriend's, he's magically changed, puff!, into a calculating bastid who only wants to marry her to get ahead in his career. And he mentions this (surprise, surprise) to her hearing. Even the dumbest excuse for a man that ever existed wouldn't be that dim-witted. But it's necessary because that's all she needs for her to go skipping merrily back to Mattew Goode, and for him to propose on the Cliffs of Moher, and live happily ever after.

The leads are all right, but the story is unfunny, charmless and completely stupid. Why not study When Sally Met Harry, You've Got Mail, and Sleepless in Seattle to get some clue as to what a romantic comedy is? I don't know the talentless hack who wrote this and the dingbats who produced it, but they should be made to stand in the corner without supper for a year.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 8:59pm On May 15, 2010
I came across the trailer of a movie called "THE ADJUSTMENT BUREAU". It stars Matt Damon, Emily Blunt, Terence Stamp & Anthony Mackie.
It has a release date for September 17, 2010.

@Mad_Max
Leap Year? cry Na wa o! You really have time to be watching wack movies. cheesy
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 8:55am On May 16, 2010
I liked Amy Adams with James Marsden in Enchanted, and wanted some light entertainment. I didn't know the thing would be dumb.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 16, 2010
Mad_Max:

I liked Amy Adams with James Marsden in Enchanted, and wanted some light entertainment. I didn't know the thing would be dumb.
dis mad_max sef
lipsrsealed
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by spikedcylinder: 12:58pm On May 17, 2010
Mad_Max:

The leads are all right, but the story is unfunny, charmless and completely silly. Why not study When Sally Met Harry, You've Got Mail, and Sleepless in Seattle to get some clue as to what a romantic comedy is? I don't know the talentless hack who wrote this and the dingbats who produced it, but they should be made to stand in the corner without supper for a year.

Ouch!!! grin grin grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 1:06pm On May 19, 2010
New flicks showing this weekend at the cinemas are: "Shrek Forever After" & "MacGruber".

63rd Cannes Film Festival will be ending on May 23rd 2010. I wonder who will win the prestigious Palm d'Or prize. "The White Ribbon" (a German movie) won it last year.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by JeSoul(f): 1:17pm On May 19, 2010
Jesoul

Name: Aisha Assanatu

Lol. Nazi recruiter? lol. Spiked, you know me so well sista  cool.

Vesc, your song is served. I was feeling generous, its 12 bars long. What's your email? or do I need permission from your snr wife first?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 7:47am On May 20, 2010
Megan Fox will not be featuring in the third installment of the "Transformers" movie. It was her decision to call it quits.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 2:21pm On May 20, 2010
Darthmaul:

dis mad_max sef lipsrsealed
What now lol.

RANG DE BASANTI
Aamir Khan, Alice Patten, Soha Ali Khan, Kunal Kapoor, Siddharth, Sharmam Joshi.

An English documentary filmmaker chances across her father's diaries about a group of young Indian men that led a rebellion in the 1920s. Excited she hops to India to make a historical documentary about it. Her friend introduces her to her clique of buddies, a group of happy, carefee youths, from whom both women endure much good-natured ribbing. Commissioned to bring the historical characters to life in the documentary, they take neither the script nor the people involved seriously, as they can't relate with the revolutionaries. It was a different India, and so long ago. But as we watch the actual rebellion unfold through these characters, something begins to happen to the youths themselves. The movie tracks their transition from a beer-swigging, humourous band of boys to social revolutionaries. Like the rebels before them, they discovered it was the same old India afterall.

Bollywood movies are cursed with melodrama and overacting, and there is a single surreal instance of this in the movie, but I've few complaints. The script and acting was great, though the music was only so-so. Aamir is one of the very finest actors in Bollywood, and he leads a great cast. A good movie. Well done.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by spikedcylinder: 3:31pm On May 20, 2010
JeSoul:

Lol. Nazi recruiter? lol. Spiked, you know me so well sista  cool.

grin grin grin

Max, you should see Water - A Bollywood movie with a switch control on the melodramatic, dancing and unrealistic connotations of love, hate and other emotions.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by Rocktation(f): 7:25pm On May 20, 2010
I think i'm lesbian, i'm still studying me. But i figured long ago that i'm psychotic cos i'm willing to bomb the white house, just so that Megan Fox can curse the day i was born with those extraordinarily luscious lips of hers. And in that breathless way she talks.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by justkunmi(m): 9:04pm On May 20, 2010
Did you mention Megan?
ooh!
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 10:18pm On May 20, 2010
Welcome, Rockstation. Exactly what we need. Another Meganized loony.We've long diagnosed your problem, JK, but you won't get help.

I've seen Water. Switch control? I've long stopped expecting sublety from Bollywood. As long as the 'actor' doesn't jump from a two-storey building onto a horse or bike, I'm OK.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 10:45pm On May 20, 2010
The 2010 MTV Movie Awards will be held on June 6, 2010. Aziz Ansari will be the host.

Here are some of the nominations:

Best Movie
    * Alice in Wonderland
    * The Last Song grin
    * Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince undecided
    * The Twilight Saga: New Moon shocked grin

Best Villain
    * Christoph Waltz in Inglourious Basterds
    * Helena Bonham Carter in Alice in Wonderland
    * Ken Jeong in The Hangover
    * Stephen Lang in Avatar
    * Tom Felton in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Visit MTV's website to view more categories.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production / Genevieve, Funke , Mercy Johnson Nominated For AfricaMagic Viewers Awards / Mo Abudu Launches EbonyLife TV Entertainment Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.