Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,062 members, 7,845,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) (10655 Views)

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip / Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? / Websites of Nigerian Actors and Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by doyin13(m): 4:06pm On Jun 07, 2010
Mad_Max:

I can't find the old thread anywhere. There are threads with longer pages than that, why split it? What's happened to all the posts in the old thread? And Doyin13, it isn't your thread, you're the newest contributor to it, how and why did you appropriate it? It's NOT right. Any of the old posters would be fine. You, very unseemly. What's going on here?

hehehehehehehehe. . . . . . grin grin grin grin grin grin

You go fear chancing. . . . .

Manpassman baby. . . . . That is the koko
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 4:51pm On Jun 07, 2010
grin grin grin grin
Oniranu.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 12, 2010
Kai, see wetim dis mtn people don cause me. Kai where is mad_max n co. Come to think of it there are just about maybe 10 active people on dis thread. Myself not included. Hmmmm,
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 11:31pm On Jun 12, 2010
The Nigerian Sci-Fi movie Kajola will premiere in Nigerian cinemas on July 30 2010.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 8:57am On Jun 13, 2010
What's the plot, aliens taking over pirating DVDs and the second-hand goods market? They can't make good, subtle movies about everyday life and people,they're going into science fiction because one of them saw Avatar . Why did people like Jimi Odumosu leave film-making? The guy made a Nigerian horror film that scared the pants off Nigerians and made me lose sleep as a kid in the 80s: Evil Encounter. They made Fiery Force way back then. The more time passes, the worse they get. Nollywood, you're a disgrace. angry
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by SisiKill1: 12:04pm On Jun 13, 2010
[Quote]Nollywood, you're a disgrace.[/quote]

Lmao!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 12:33pm On Jun 13, 2010
Aren't they? The real professionals made better movies in the past, just like they made better ads. I'd drop everything to go watch the 'thermocool', 'super visco',etc adverts, and get my as.ss whupped cos I'd forgotten I was sent on some errand hours ago. It wasn't this bad when Nollywood officially started in the 90s with those Glamour Girls and Flesh and Blood movies, when Liz Benson, Zack Orji and Joke Silva reigned supreme. We don't have a single actor with anything like international talent and appeal. Olu Jacobs had a one-minute role where he played an immigration officer in the great movie, Ashanti, and became an 'international actor' to some Nigerians. The thing is two hours long, an Englishman's African wife was kidnapped by slave traders and he's running all over the world tracking the traders to get his wife back, you apear for less than a minute in a role a monkey could carry off, and that became 'international acting'. Chiwetel Ejiofor has more talent in his nails than Mr Jacobs' entire repertoire. He'll go far. But the danged creature says he's British, so one can't even use him to do yanga.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by doyin13(m): 2:00pm On Jun 13, 2010
Mad_Max:

Aren't they? The real professionals made better movies in the past, just like they made better ads. I'd drop everything to go watch the 'thermocool', 'super visco',etc adverts, and get my as.ss whupped cos I'd forgotten I was sent on some errand hours ago. It wasn't this bad when Nollywood officially started in the 90s with those Glamour Girls and Flesh and Blood movies, when Liz Benson, Zack Orji and Joke Silva reigned supreme. We don't have a single actor with anything like international talent and appeal. Olu Jacobs had a one-minute role where he played an immigration officer in the great movie, Ashanti, and became an 'international actor' to some Nigerians. The thing is two hours long, an Englishman's African wife was kidnapped by slave traders and he's running all over the world tracking the traders to get his wife back, you apear for less than a minute in a role a monkey could carry off, and that became 'international acting'. Chiwetel Ejiofor has more talent in his nails than Mr Jacobs' entire repertoire. He'll go far. But the danged creature says he's British, so one can't even use him to do yanga.

Go on. . . .Let it all out darling. Let it all out.

You will feel so much better. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by spikedcylinder: 3:20pm On Jun 13, 2010
So what was the point in explaining the whole thing to you, Max?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by SisiKill1: 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2010
[Quote]Aren't they? The real professionals made better movies in the past, just like they made better ads. I'd drop everything to go watch the 'thermocool',  'super visco',etc adverts, and get my as.ss whupped cos I'd forgotten I was sent on some errand hours ago. It wasn't this bad when Nollywood officially started in the 90s with those Glamour Girls and Flesh and Blood movies, when Liz Benson, Zack Orji and Joke Silva reigned supreme. We don't have a single actor with anything like international talent and appeal. Olu Jacobs had a one-minute role where he played an immigration officer in the great movie, Ashanti, and became an 'international actor' to some Nigerians. The thing is two hours long, an Englishman's African wife was kidnapped by slave traders and he's running all over the world tracking the traders to get his wife back, you apear for less than a minute in a role a monkey could carry off, and that became 'international acting'. Chiwetel Ejiofor has more talent in his nails than Mr Jacobs' entire repertoire. He'll go far. But the danged creature says he's British, so one can't even use him to do yanga.[/quote]

Rotflmao!!!!

Amma just sit back here and cheer you on while you do the talking because the last time I went of on Nollywood, I got in trouble. 'Sides, you do a better job of telling them off. cheesy

So what's this I hear about my girl Jolie playing Cleopatra? I hope it isn't true. . . That role killed Elizabeth Taylor's career.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 8:47pm On Jun 13, 2010
"The Karate Kid" (2010) debuts at No. 1 in the U.S. Box Office making an estimated $56 million over the weekend.

"The A-Team" also debuts at No. 2 with an estimated $26 million.

"Shrek Forever After" is at No. 3 with $15.8 million but has grossed $277 million worldwide.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 1:59am On Jun 14, 2010
Posted a teasing response before, but modified it as I don't really get what you're asking. 

Gayin, I'm going to make you skip like deer in spring, and post pictures of Hollywood's gay couples here. Aren't I good to you? tongue

I heard of Jolie in SALT with Chiweltel. 2012 unexplainable runaway success was a real career boost. I didn't hear of Cleopatra though. Jolie's not that dumb. 'Alexander' flopping, even with all the star power, would've taught her something.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by spikedcylinder: 9:00am On Jun 16, 2010
I saw the response but ok then.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by doyin13(m): 9:26pm On Jun 17, 2010
Mad_Max:

Gayin, I'm going to make you skip like deer in spring, and post pictures of Hollywood's gay couples here. Aren't I good to you? tongue

Oooops. . . now look what you made me do angry angry angry grin

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 10:14pm On Jun 17, 2010
Movies premiering this weekend:

"Toy Story 3"
"Jonah Hex"
"The Killer Inside Me"
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 3:19pm On Jun 19, 2010
That's your idea of gay couples? Two gay girls? grin Men are hopeless.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 7:54pm On Jun 21, 2010
Gay Hollywood Stars

SIR IAN MCKELLEN

Yes, he of the mesmerizing screen presence. You've seen him as Gandalf in the LOTR trilogy, and Magneto in the X Men franchise. So strong is his screen presence LOTR producers cast long and hard for someone who could carry off the role of Eomer and not be overwhelmed by Mckellen. He's sublimely urbane, veddy English, very lovely, very gay.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 8:11pm On Jun 21, 2010
SETH GREEN

I just love that name. Seth. Dark and delicious and vaguely sinful. Our Seth is no such thing, though. You've seen the buffoon in roles ranging from The X-files to Scooby Doo to Rat Race to South Park, and everywhere in between. Attagirl, Seth.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 8:16pm On Jun 21, 2010
LINDSAY LOHAN

A.K.A Linda Lovelace. Her reputation preceeds her. Got a new girlfriend now, after breaking up with the old.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 8:27pm On Jun 21, 2010
NEIL PATRICK HARRIS

The good-looking blond stars in the series, How I Met Your Mother. He's been in a few other movies, like the hilarious Lance in  Undercover Brother.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 10:44am On Jun 22, 2010
@Mad_Max
Neil Patrick Harris is also the very young doctor in that old TV series "Doogie Howser, M.D.".

"Toy Story 3" debuts at No. 1 in the U.S. Box Office with $110.3 million.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 8:05pm On Jun 22, 2010
JODIE FOSTER

The legendary actress came out three years ago, and has been with her partner for 14 years.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 8:10pm On Jun 22, 2010
GEORGE MICHAEL

After snagging the hearts of millions of women, he announced his gayness several years ago. His chart-topping single, Amazing, was to his partner of many years.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 8:15pm On Jun 22, 2010
RUPERT EVERETT

He's the svelth, devastatingly urbane male in My Best Friend's Wedding alongside Julia Roberts. He was in Shakespeare in Love, and many other movies. Everett believes his coming out ruined his movie career, and advises younger actors not to. He's close friends with Madonna.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 8:24pm On Jun 22, 2010
ANNE HECHE

You'll remember her from Six Days Seven Nights with Harrison Ford. She seems to do mostly theatre. Was with Ellen Degeneres before Portia De Rossi snared that adorable un's heart.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 8:28pm On Jun 22, 2010
ELTON JOHN

Writer of one of my favourite songs, Your Song, the piano rock superstar needs no intro. Lives with his husband, David Furnish.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 8:37pm On Jun 22, 2010
CYNTHIA NIXON

You know her as Miranda from Sex and the City. Another opportunity to vent: I can't stand Big. All the others had better taste, even the one who maried the rotund Jewish hairball. How do gay people stand straight sex scenes and straight people gay sex scenes in movies? The torment Heath and Jake went through in Brokeback. "No £*%*&*$ retakes!". Hilarious. Cynthia's gay.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 8:39pm On Jun 22, 2010
RICKY MARTIN

Music superstar and hearttrob Ricky came out this year. After millions of women have wasted years they won't get back on a crush on him.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 8:46pm On Jun 22, 2010
WENTWORTH MILLER

Some women almost died. Never did fancy him. No match for someone's blue steel. Of course he's gay, he's too bleeping beautiful to not be gay. English born Princeton graduate, he's charismatic, well spoken, very smart. An incalculable loss to the world of women, but our loss is your Gayin.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 8:57pm On Jun 22, 2010
ROSIE O DONNELL

The voice of Turk in Disney's animated Tarzan, and Ryan's best friend in Sleepless in Seattle, the outspoken presenter married her partner the very second they approved gay marriage.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 9:05pm On Jun 22, 2010
STEPHEN FRY

He has a cerebral and very complicated close friendship with Hugh Laurie, and they go back a loooong way. Fry played Dr Who, the BBC series with the creepy theme music, for a while, and now stars in The Kingdom.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by doyin13(m): 10:55pm On Jun 22, 2010
O ga oo. . . .I reckon it should be ''Gay Max'' now cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production / Genevieve, Funke , Mercy Johnson Nominated For AfricaMagic Viewers Awards / Mo Abudu Launches EbonyLife TV Entertainment Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.