Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,129 members, 7,845,747 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) (10656 Views)

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip / Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? / Websites of Nigerian Actors and Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 5:21pm On Jun 23, 2010
Kilo ga n be? Hope you've sent out your play script. I don't know much about it as it's not my field, but aren't there competitions for writers and stuff to get you started? I admire someone who can sit down and write stuff as long as a play or one of those gigantic novels like The Stand by Stephen King. How do they do it? If you enjoy writing plays you should take it seriously.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 23, 2010
@mad_max long time. Don't quite get it, is Jodie Foster gay?Wow!! Maybe all celebs are gay.!
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 1:57pm On Jun 24, 2010
She's not only gay, she was in a gay relationship for a decade and a half, and no one had any idea. She's remarkable. Quite a lot of them are gay, but won't come out. Jolie admits she's AC-DC, as did Anna Paquin of True Blood, who's now engaged to her Vampire Bill co-star. I think Queen Latifah's gay, and the press is looking at Elijah Wood suspiciously.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by SisiKill1: 2:20pm On Jun 24, 2010
Seth Green is gay?!!

*falls to the fall, wailing*

Nooooooooooooooooo!!
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by SisiKill1: 2:27pm On Jun 24, 2010
Max. . .Seth Green is NOT gay oh. The guy just got engaged!!

Jeeedus! You scare me there for a moment.

Do you mean Seth Rogen?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 3:27pm On Jun 24, 2010
Lol. Well. Seth something is gay. I think it's Green.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by doyin13(m): 3:39pm On Jun 24, 2010
Mad_Max:

Lol. Well. Seth something is gay. I think it's Green.

Look at you. . .You can't even do gay properly sef tongue tongue

The play thing will happen when it does. Actually spoke
to the Fahodzi people. They don't have an artistic director
at the moment though. . . .so scripts will prolly not be read.

But we hope and pray sha.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by justkunmi(m): 5:30pm On Jun 24, 2010
*walks in. . .been a while. Feels strange*

So what if stupid Seth Rogen is gay. ? Ladies should be happy sef. .
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 4:17pm On Jun 25, 2010
Saw your wife working her lips like a demented blowfish. Watching a Matt Damon movie. Will post a review later.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by justkunmi(m): 11:42am On Jun 26, 2010
where??
that woman needs a leash!
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 27, 2010
People, i hav dis question frm d movie 'the usual suspects' why did keyser soze risk all just to kill d only man dat cud identify him, wudn't d customs guy kujan identify him or even d guy who was in d hospital dat drew his pix. U mite say he is goin to disappear n neva to be seen, but cudn't he have/had done dat b4 riskin it all.
Just thinking. Pls response pips
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 7:28pm On Jun 27, 2010
Your post is sort of unclear. I don't recall The Usual Suspects too well. And lol, how can anyone 'know' the why of a movie character's motives?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 9:44am On Jun 30, 2010
YEH VAADA RAHA

La, la la la la la, la la la la la la la
La, la la la la, la la la la la
Tu tu hai vohi dil ne jisse apna kaha
Tu hai jahan main hoon vahan
Ab to yeh jeena tere bin hai saza

O mil jaaye is tarah, do lehre jis tarah
O mil jaaye is tarah, do lehre jis tarah
Phir ho na judaa, haan yeh vaada raha

Saw this movie again. Along with Ghazab and Amar, Akbar, Antony, my favourite Indian movie. A few thing need forgiving. Sunita not only changed her face, the surgical operation changed her height, shape and personality too. Oh. And her fashion sense. And Vikram manages to recover and leave the same hospital she's in, ostensibly in daily contact with nurses and doctors, without finding out his mother lied. Doctor Mehra is magnificent: another Kapoor, and one of the very best actors India has ever produced. That was when India knew what acting was, and their best was far better than that smirking Sharukh Khan. Vikram's mother doesn't quite seem the villain I remembered. Poor Sunita.

I'm not too sympathetic though. The first Sunita is stunningly beautiful, the second is married to one of the world's wealthiest men, so there's only so far I can take sympathy. The scene where Kusum is leaving Doctor Mehra had me in tears. And the lovers' re-union at the end. Corny, but so wonderful. Extremely melodious and poignant music. Every single song is so good. My favourite, and it's hard to pick, would have to be the one sung after Vikram's passed his exams and Sunita runs to tell him, and a mule-drawn cart deposits them in a meadow. Beautiful classic. Ageless.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by anitabest(f): 10:02am On Jun 30, 2010
Angelina jolly, DAT lady is prettier than all of you in NAIRALANd expect me oooooooooo. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 11:38am On Jun 30, 2010
Larry King will be ending his long running TV chat show soon.

Seth Rogen stars in "The Green Hornet" which is to be released on January 2011.

[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo3eI-03OtU[/flash]
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 10:51pm On Jul 02, 2010
"Twilight Saga: Eclipse" and "The Last Airbender" opened this weekend.

Mehn, "The Last Airbender" is already receiving a lot of bad and hate reviews.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 8:21am On Jul 03, 2010
How on earth do you manage to keep an eye on everything happening in Hollywood? What is opening which weekend and what not. You're more of a movie freak than I am. It's July and I'm waiting for Inception. I read that interview with Nolan from the link you posted. Gifted man. He and his brother write, he directs, his wife produces everything. What they must have made in cool dough from The Dark Knight alone. Hm.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 3:36pm On Jul 05, 2010
THE MATRIX

Saw this movie again very recently. NEO, The One, savior of humanity from the taskmasters that have enslaved it, born into the Matrix but able to bend it to his will. If he is killed in The Matrix,'the illusion' or 'construct', he rises to life again, the only one capable of doing so. The religious parallels are obvious. Morpheus is Neo's staunchest believer, the others do not really believe till Neo rises from the dead. Tank could not believe his eyes and stammers 'H-how?' Morpheus says, 'He is the One.' The even named the free human city 'Zion'. Naughty Wachowskis, naugh-tay.

They reworked a spiritual theme into cyber-technological science fiction and, and what a great re-working it was. That sublime action scene in the
lobby with Neo, Trinity and those soldiers, Morpheus's first phone conversation with Neo, the betrayer in their midst, wonderfully portrayed by
Pantoliano, and so many beautiful other things, rendered me mute and dead to the world the first time I saw this movie. If a bomb had blown the
planet to smithereens that day I believe I wouldn't have been aware till the closing scene was done. It was that serious.

The theme for the silly sequels should have been the freedom of all of humanity from the tyranny of the machines, and the spectacular destruction of the machines themselves. When NEO is first shown the Matrix by Morpheus, that is what his mission was. To quote Morpheus in the first movie,"The Oracle prophesied his return, and that his coming hail the destruction of the Matrix. . . end the war. . . bring freedom to our
people. That is why there are those who have spent their entire lives searching the Matrix, looking for him
." How the sequels managed to deviate from this is beyond anyone but the Wachoski Brothers to say.

Agent Smith should have been a force for the machines, and Neo's nemesis, instead of merely a programme gone rogue. What a great set of movies
it could have been, with all sorts of possibilities. It should have been a grand spectacle, as profound as the first or visionary as the LOTR triology. Trilogies can be spectacular, like Toy Story and LoTr has shown and Nolan's Batman will show. Instead, after a great first, the two sequels degenerated into self-serving, shallow, pretentious crap. Good action and fight scenes, lots of gloss and shiny metal and effects, but those do not a good story make. Disappointing to an extreme.

Still, the first instalment is there to be savoured. Winner of four oscars, it has been voted the 12th greatest movie of all time. Bravo.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 9:02pm On Jul 08, 2010
James Cameron will be re-releasing "Avatar" at 3-D and IMAX theaters on August 2010. grin

"Paranormal Activity 2" teaser trailer scared the living daylight out of movie-goers. It will be showing in October 2010.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2010
"Salt" premieres today in Nigerian cinemas.

"Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore" premieres on August 13 2010 at Nigerian cinemas.

Premiering on August 13 2010 at U.S. cinemas are:

- The Expendables

[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6RU5y2fU6s[/flash]

- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wd5KEaOtm4[/flash]

- Eat Pray Love

[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZzmqHJ0gPU[/flash]
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by vescucci(m): 7:30pm On Aug 11, 2010
The Expendables will flop in my opinion.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 7:36pm On Aug 11, 2010
@vescucci
vescucci:

The Expendables will flop in my opinion.
cheesy  grin
I'm expecting "The Expendables" to be an "all action, no brains" movie.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by ijawgirl: 7:52pm On Aug 11, 2010
all those movies coming out on the 13th all look whack
not interested!
dat Julia Roberts movie is just everything wrong lol

all the "drama" movies coming out this year are just trash angry
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 7:54pm On Aug 11, 2010
ijaw_girl:

all those movies coming out on the 13th all look whack
not interested!
dat Julia Roberts movie is just everything wrong lol

all the "drama" movies coming out this year are just trash angry

cheesy grin grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by vescucci(m): 10:14pm On Aug 11, 2010
Let Julia Roberts wait 10 years to get older and then come back and grace our screens abeg
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by spikedcylinder: 3:45pm On Aug 15, 2010
Someone on this thread recommended I watch Schindler's list. I'm not sure if it was Karma or Max. I'll be darning both of you, just in case.
No one should point me in the direction of any holocaust movie ever again! I've been all nerves since yesterday, even feeling guilty for a crime I didn't commit.
That is all. angry
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 7:43pm On Aug 15, 2010
U.S. Box Office Weekend Estimates for August 15 2010:

1. The Expendables - - - - $35 million (debuting)
2. Eat Pray Love - - - - $23.7 million (debuting)
3. The Other Guys
4. Inception
5. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - - - - $10.5 million (debuting)
6. Despicable Me
7. Step Up 3-D
8. Salt
9. Dinner For Schmucks
10. Cats and Dogs - The Revenge of Kitty Galore

Inception has made an approximate total of $248.5 million in the U.S. and $499 million worldwide so far.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by vescucci(m): 8:00pm On Aug 15, 2010
@Spike. Why I didn't even know you were human. I wish I was the one responsible for collecting your nervous scalp.

@Obinna. Just like the analysts predicted. People will be rushing to the The Expendables to relive the glory days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production / Genevieve, Funke , Mercy Johnson Nominated For AfricaMagic Viewers Awards / Mo Abudu Launches EbonyLife TV Entertainment Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.