Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,669 members, 7,851,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:15 PM

Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi (16397 Views)

8 Persons Travelling For Abubakar Sodangi's Daughter’s Wedding Die In Accident / Ibrahim Yar’adua And Saratu Sodangi's Pre-wedding Photos / Ibrahim Yar'adua And Saratu Sodangi To Wed (Wedding IV Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by Billygee2u: 6:24pm On Jun 27, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Senator Abubakar Sodangi, a chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), has said he is confident that the South- East will region will vote for President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019.

Sodangi, a three-term senator who represented Nassarawa West from 1999 to 2011 in a chat with DAILY INDEPENDENT said though the region did not vote for Buhari in the 2015 presidential election, they will do so now because the president has done a lot for them in the last three years.

He also advised the South East to join APC which according to him is the winning team rather than remaining in the opposition.
“I believe the South- East will go with Buhari in 2019 because there have been lots of changes since 2015. Buhari has come to demonstrate that he is not the leader of the APC or only those who elected him, he is the president of the whole country even in the South East”.

“What matters to him is delivery of dividends of democracy and creating peace and tranquility. That is what he is advocating in all the lands, especially in the South East”.

“I want to believe that South East will join other regions that will go with President Buhari. It is always good to join the winning team than to be a loser and to be in the opposition” he said.

Read more https://independent.ng/igbos-will-declare-support-for-buhari-in-2019-senator-sodangi/

may you, your family and those supporting Buhari share the same fate with those killed in middle belt by fulani herdsmen
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by maxzzo1(m): 6:24pm On Jun 27, 2018
Lie
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by Iko5000: 6:27pm On Jun 27, 2018
Senator ......YOUR FATHER. enouff said.
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by Billygee2u: 6:27pm On Jun 27, 2018
phase1:
An unknown aboki is speaking for Igbos. Wonders!

Who will support Buhari in the East, is it the ones he is killing in Aba, and arresting in Onitsha, or the ghost of those killed by Fulani terrorists in Enugu?

This rotten-tooth is one funny guy.
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by Balyz: 6:30pm On Jun 27, 2018
lilfreezy:
An igbo man can contest under APC at the state level and win votes i agree. However buhari can never, I LEPEAT, can never win votes in the southeast region, that's how much he is hated grin
Buhari doesn't need the vote of the 5% region to win so just keep your votes for the loser PDP candidate and wail on till 2023
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by resurgent2019: 6:34pm On Jun 27, 2018
phase1:

Muslim Gworo-chewer, preach that to your abooki Senator Sodamgu or whatever. If Igbo votes are useless why is he (and your miserable self) wishing for it? Let it rest.

Igbo's will not be stampeded or blackmailed into voting your animalistic blood-thirsty terrorist into power. Let him concentrate on the genocide he is committing in the middlebelt. We don't care.

Nobody can destroy the Igbo's, you've all tried and failed. So go and Die!

We know igbos won’t vote for buhari. But do you think yorubas will vote for him with all the killings of Christians?

You sound really confident about Buhari’s chances in 2019.
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by BiafraIShere(m): 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2018
phase1:
An unknown aboki is speaking for Igbos. Wonders!

Who will support Buhari in the East, is it the ones he is killing in Aba, and arresting in Onitsha, of the ghost of those killed by Fulani terrorists in Enugu?

This rotten-tooth is one funny guy.
Don't mind the !diot, I was just laughing as I read the trash. Whatever that dude is smoking i s certainly not good for him.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by phase1: 6:48pm On Jun 27, 2018
resurgent2019:

We know igbos won’t vote for buhari. But do you think yorubas will vote for him with all the killings of Christians?

You sound really confident about Buhari’s chances in 2019.

Yoruba Muslims will vote him even if his fulani terrorist foot soldiers beheads every yoruba christian and rapes every Yoruba woman. The mental slavery is that bad. There is no need deodorizing the truth. Osun state have been voting Muslims regardless of party for a long time. There is a silent war going on in that state between Christians schools and muslim hardliners.

But knowing the Igbos, even if you put a knife on our throat Buhari is simply bad market. We don't care if he wins or loses but we are not voting him and that's sacrosanct. It's not because he is muslim, Igbos voted gentleman Yar adua.

We know Buhari is vindictive and will seek vendetta if he rigs and wins but we are not afraid. If we survived the war we can survive mortal buhari's wickedness.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by willexyaho(m): 6:49pm On Jun 27, 2018
Just incase he withdraws the statement
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by phase1: 6:50pm On Jun 27, 2018
BiafraIShere:
Don't mind the !diot, I was just laughing as I read the trash. Whatever that dude is smoking i s certainly not good for him.

He is probably drinking Codein and 10 days ureafied urine.
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by fof1: 6:51pm On Jun 27, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Senator Abubakar Sodangi, a chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), has said he is confident that the South- East will region will vote for President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019.

Sodangi, a three-term senator who represented Nassarawa West from 1999 to 2011 in a chat with DAILY INDEPENDENT said though the region did not vote for Buhari in the 2015 presidential election, they will do so now because the president has done a lot for them in the last three years.

He also advised the South East to join APC which according to him is the winning team rather than remaining in the opposition.
“I believe the South- East will go with Buhari in 2019 because there have been lots of changes since 2015. Buhari has come to demonstrate that he is not the leader of the APC or only those who elected him, he is the president of the whole country even in the South East”.

“What matters to him is delivery of dividends of democracy and creating peace and tranquility. That is what he is advocating in all the lands, especially in the South East”.

“I want to believe that South East will join other regions that will go with President Buhari. It is always good to join the winning team than to be a loser and to be in the opposition” he said.

Read more https://independent.ng/igbos-will-declare-support-for-buhari-in-2019-senator-sodangi/

U ARE A LIAR AND A BIG FOOL, IF U THINK OF UR FANTHOM 2023 PROMISE.
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by coolplanet: 6:52pm On Jun 27, 2018
uridadole:

If you are thinking rightly you will notice that opposition is at the killing and the best for the ibos is to support buhari.

So it's now opposition and not people trained by Gaddafi from Libya as said by the dullard to US President. Isokay
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by Limitless72(m): 7:17pm On Jun 27, 2018
Ioannes:

I love being educated.

Mention just one time the Yorubas betrayed the Igbos.

Lolz... What happened in 2015 presidential election?
You no need too much history for dah one...
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by Temptee101(m): 7:18pm On Jun 27, 2018
Luukasz:
The Igbos are the most confused tribe in Nigeria, always trying to form tough on the outside but weak on the inside.

They are unlike the Yorubas who are slow in action but their venom is like that of a mamba when you push them too hard.

No wonder the Yorubas are the smartest and at the same time the most foxy tribe in the country.

If my comment strikes a nerve in you then I advice you go take a death pill, planet earth is tired of breeding nitwits.
You Yorubas aka afonjaz can't drop any statement without mentioning death pill, sniper, rat poison etc, dem swear for una with suicide pills? Sophisticated cowards who can't stand for what they believe in, only to a55 lick their hausa/fulani masters. So much for the sophisticated suicide pill takers

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by Manuela02: 7:45pm On Jun 27, 2018
This is absurd, what has buhari done for d igbos?
I am proudly Igbo and I say this to all igbos, get your PVC and vote this biased human out.

And senator "whatever your name is", shut d hell up!!!!!! Coz you have no idea what you talking about

1 Like

Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by nduka84(m): 7:47pm On Jun 27, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:
Now tell me what the 5% can do other than CRIME?
I guess Yorubas are holy. But history has it that, the most bloodly robbries that ever occurred in Nigeria, were carried-out by Yoruba people. The most recent one, was the offa bank robbery, in which Yoruba robbers killed more than a hundred Nigerians in cold blood.

ÀWỌN TI EVANS....

BTW, WHERE IS SONSOMEGRIGBO SEF?

COME AND TAKE OVER JARE, I NO SABI TREAT THIS PEOPLE WELL...
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by EmekaBlue(m): 7:48pm On Jun 27, 2018
Yeye dey smell
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 27, 2018
Limitless72:

Lolz... What happened in 2015 presidential election?
You no need too much history for dah one...

What happened?

Seems one of us is confused here.

Jonathan Goodluck an Ijaw man who stands as one of the most corrupt Nigerian President was voted against massively by the Yorubas. How does that count as betrayal of the Igbos?

Am I missing something? Enlighten me.

I sure hope you come and enlighten me on how the 2015 elections was a betrayal of the Igbos, Limitless72.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by Edu3Again: 8:03pm On Jun 27, 2018
uridadole:

If you are thinking rightly you will notice that opposition is at the killing and the best for the ibos is to support buhari.

God forbid, so he can finish off what he started?

If the opposition is behind the killings then how Miyetti Allah always claims responsibility and we all know the leader of Miyetti Allah.
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2018
Eberejesus111:

Before the outbreak of the civil war, read the history of the Yoruba and Igbos pact to secede, when they had seen doom in the governance of the country by the domineering Hausa ... But right when things were going smoothly they had betrayed the Igbos, being that they had given much of the information they talked between themselves to the opposition . Obafemi Awolowo being the focal person to this. Read is in history, and it depends on the ones you read because these days there are purpoted history.

Sorry to break this to you but your elders lied to you.

There was no agreement, written or spoken anywhere in history where the Yorubas or Awolowo promised to secede with you.

Ask honest and knowledgeable Igbos.

Sorry bro, you've been totally lied to.

As a matter of fact Awolowo warned Ojukwu to seek the path of dialog. But because of his inordinate ambitions to rule Nigeria by all means, Ojukwu rejected the late sage's advice and prosecuted a war that killed millions of his people.

Go and read history and you will almost bow down to worship Awolowo because of the good things he did for the Igbos.
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by skyman200(m): 8:24pm On Jun 27, 2018
supported,we are regretting not voting for him before but come 2019 we must vote him in,i will cast my vote for him,sai baba.
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by Smarkie: 8:44pm On Jun 27, 2018
a jobless aboki is now a mouth piece for igbos. come 2019 buhari will not see 5% votes from the southeast
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by joeboy4reel(m): 8:54pm On Jun 27, 2018
we can make all the argument with our different tribal bias, but one thing that's evident to every honest Nigerian is that this government is a fraud. This is one of the most insensitive government for any Democratic state #getyourPVC

1 Like

Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 27, 2018
Ioannes:

Sorry to break this to you but your elders lied to you.

There was no agreement, written or spoken anywhere in history where the Yorubas or Awolowo promised to secede with you.

Ask honest and knowledgeable Igbos.

Sorry bro, you've been totally lied to.

As a matter of fact Awolowo warned Ojukwu to seek the path of dialog. But because of his inordinate ambitions to rule Nigeria by all means, Ojukwu rejected the late sage's advice and prosecuted a war that killed millions of his people.

Go and read history and you will almost bow down to worship Awolowo because of the good things he did for the Igbos.
Dialogue... No bruh.,Awolowo never advised or said anything about dialogue... Okay you say dialogue what about the aburi accord in Ghana... Tell me... Well my guy, when all parties had agreed satisfactorily on the issue, the hausas were in dissent, knowing what would happen the Igbos made a pact with the west,mainly the then governor of the western region, Dr obafemi Awolowo, and he seemed to be interested, and when the time had come to face it, little did the Igbos know that obafemi Awolowo had leaked all the information to the opposing side(the Hausa), that's the main thing that had caused the defeat of Biafra, and upon that Awolowo was unrelenting. When he had now become the minister of finance he squeezed finance being distributed to the south east, just wanting them to deny their origins, and he was partly successful, place like the Igbos in Rivers said they were Ikwere, Anioma in Delta, and even Anambra wanted to follow suit, to show the degree of how he coaxed them to do so. The east was denied the free education, free hospital care, and the east was dilapidated in that period, bad roads, no airport(only in ikwere land in Rivers) ,nothing was free to the public. They had really suffered in awolowos hands when he was the then minister of finance.
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by resurgent2019: 9:44pm On Jun 27, 2018
phase1:

Yoruba Muslims will vote him even if his fulani terrorist foot soldiers beheads every yoruba christian and rapes every Yoruba woman. The mental slavery is that bad. There is no need deodorizing the truth. Osun state have been voting Muslims regardless of party for a long time. There is a silent war going on in that state between Christians schools and muslim hardliners.

But knowing the Igbos, even if you put a knife on our throat Buhari is simply bad market. We don't care if he wins or loses but we are not voting him and that's sacrosanct. It's not because he is muslim, Igbos voted gentleman Yar adua.

We know Buhari is vindictive and will seek vendetta if he rigs and wins but we are not afraid. If we survived the war we can survive mortal buhari's wickedness.

I believe you wholeheartedly. I am just so sad for my tribe. embarassed. Who did this to the Muslims in yorubaland? While growing up with them, they used to be very tolerant and reasonable.

May God help us ooo. I know Buhari has Muslim votes next year but we would still try our best.
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by Amumaigwe: 10:14pm On Jun 27, 2018
Eberejesus111:

Dialogue... No bruh.,Awolowo never advised or said anything about dialogue... Okay you say dialogue what about the aburi accord in Ghana... Tell me... Well my guy, when all parties had agreed satisfactorily on the issue, the hausas were in dissent, knowing what would happen the Igbos made a pact with the west,mainly the then governor of the western region, Dr obafemi Awolowo, and he seemed to be interested, and when the time had come to face it, little did the Igbos know that obafemi Awolowo had leaked all the information to the opposing side(the Hausa), that's the main thing that had caused the defeat of Biafra, and upon that Awolowo was unrelenting. When he had now become the minister of finance he squeezed finance being distributed to the south east, just wanting them to deny their origins, and he was partly successful, place like the Igbos in Rivers said they were Ikwere, Anioma in Delta, and even Anambra wanted to follow suit, to show the degree of how he coaxed them to do so. The east was denied the free education, free hospital care, and the east was dilapidated in that period, bad roads, no airport(only in ikwere land in Rivers) ,nothing was free to the public. They had really suffered in awolowos hands when he was the then minister of finance.

Why are u wasting your time replying that child. The chronicles of Awolowo's treachery and wicked betrayals to Igbos is a known fact which we must as a duty pass down to future generations as a forewarning to be wary of Yorubas they will meet in their lifetime. No amount of reconstruction of history will erase that.
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by juszoe82: 10:42pm On Jun 27, 2018
For saying this rubbish to support buhari may your generation witness this same calamity that have befall the good people of this country which was caused by this your stupid president. Any meaningful and normal human being that will support buhari after all this killings and other calamities he caused will never know no peace and will die a painful death like those killed innocent people. Buhari have not make any effort to stop all this killings or even have any plan to stop it rather he is playing politics with people's blood and intimidating any voice that will strongly challenge him with dss/police. Jihadist plan will not work in nigeria so is better we separate or leave in peace and practice a true democracy.
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by fredior: 10:43pm On Jun 27, 2018
and there you will continue complaining of marginilization after 2019 biko
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by GodsloveEze(m): 10:54pm On Jun 27, 2018
Only a fool speaks on behalf of a wise man without proper consultation.

I pity for that fool.
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 27, 2018
Eberejesus111:

Wow. I love this tale by moonlight.

You know that you don't have anything to back up your narrative right?

It's just what you've been told so that you can feel justified about the war.

I don't know where you are getting your fiction from but no, Awolowo wasn't given any information on what your war strategy was.

You know why? Because you guys didn't have any strategy. And that was why you lost the war. You were going to fight the Nigerian army with cassava sticks.

You had no way to access food supply yet you wanted to prosecute a war. Then you started blaming your enemy for not feeding you while you were fighting against then.

You really should thank late Chief Obafemi Awolowo for using the starvation technique. That was what quickly put an end to the war otherwise more Igbos would have been killed and your number seriously decimated.

I'm sure you are not aware that the man kept the federal allocations due to the Eastern region during the war and gave them all to you so that you could rebuild your towns.

I'm also sure you aren't aware that £20 was giving to each Igbo to start a new life. And £20 in the 70s was huge money.

There's a lot you don't know about the civil war. Like the fact that Ojukwu cornered the food supply that Nigeria allowed through the food corridor so that civilians wouldn't die. Have you seen Ojukwu's robust pictures during the war?

I'll bet none of his children died in the war.
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 27, 2018
Ioannes:

I don't know where you are getting your fiction from but no, Awolowo wasn't given any information on what your war strategy was.

You know why? Because you guys didn't have any strategy. And that was why you lost the war. You were going to fight the Nigerian army with cassava sticks.

You had no way to access food supply yet you wanted to prosecute a war. Then you started blaming your enemy for not feeding you while you were fighting against then.

You really should thank late Chief Obafemi Awolowo for using the starvation technique. That was what quickly put an end to the war otherwise more Igbos would have been killed and your number seriously decimated.

I'm sure you are not aware that the man kept the federal allocations due to the Eastern region during the war and gave them all to you so that you could rebuild your towns. The biafrans never had or depended on Nigeria for food supplies, neighbouring countries like the Cameroons where very much our support, and we also had food blocks in the east, that as the Nigerian Army for information, they blew it up by British warplanes, thereby destroying the food supplies(typical of the army).

I'm also sure you aren't aware that £20 was giving to each Igbo to start a new life. And £20 in the 70s was huge money.

There's a lot you don't know about the civil war. Like the fact that Ojukwu cornered the food supply that Nigeria allowed through the food corridor so that civilians wouldn't die. Have you seen Ojukwu's robust pictures during the war?

My friend, smiley smiley smiley...20 pounds was nothing in that period to the Igbos, did you know millions and billions Igbos had in various accounts in Nigeria, in that period. But being the then minister of finance he had scrapped everything, thinking that was theirbsoirce of welfare, although I commend him for being a good war strategist. Obafemi's main motive was for the Igbos to be subdued, so that they could be annihilated, even going to the extent of denying their heritage before he could supply them with finances for development. He(Awolowo)maybe had thought with his scheme, the Igbos would never succed, and would continue to be impoverished. But our God, hahahahahaha, that's why we relate ourselves to the Jews...We bounced back, became not only reknowned,but had igbo identities springing forth in other countries, like Cameroon, equatorial Guinea, United States, United kingdom to name a few. And although, the wound that Awolowo left is still a bit fresh(being some Igbos still deny being Igbos ,although they have igbo names and heritage) we still grow in unity and the wound left on us would soon fully heal. And lest I forget, the money that was taken by the then minister of finance or government per say, we Igbos had double of that portion. The thing is in the bright side, Awolowo thought us a lesson "fight to win",in which me and you do know about how every Igbo man, woman and child are industrious,creating value in anything they set their hands on.
Re: Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 27, 2018
Ioannes:

I'm sure you are not aware that the man kept the federal allocations due to the Eastern region during the war and gave them all to you so that you could rebuild your towns.

And you said something " you were going to fight the Nigerian Army with cassava sticks"...funny, really,the Igbos fought with cassava sticks and it took the Nigerian Army three years for the world to end, sad sad
The Igbos made inventions by improvise go to the muesuem in Aba,youll see the relics of many of them(improvised bombs, canons, planes, etc)... Mind you there was no Army barracks then in the east non!!!, in the eastern region. It was because of Awolowos betrayal, telling the Nigerian Army our source and also the weaknesses that brought defeat. He had even come in a particular date and time in the late 90's to Aba to apologize, because he knew his wrong that he had done, and that was a time he was campaigning to be president, but the Igbos hated him so much that they stoned him till his guards took him in his car. And, Bruh, this no be moonlight tales, or folklore, or "Ada sing moon dance story"...i research a lot, and I love anything that has to deal with history... And that's because, I had always been curious being young, asking why does Yoruba dislike igbos , Igbos dislike Hausa, Hausa dislike Yoruba and vice versa. That's when I started reading history, asking questions from elders of almost every tribe... Till I got this answer, Nigeria educationist can corrupt history, isn't it how they had removed the bight of biafra from the map, because of the civil war, and what makes you think they can't purport the rest, there are different history books, that says different things about the civil war... It's a matter of being researching, and curious to get answers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MALABU OIL: Ednan Agaev Reverses Self, Clears Jonathan Of Bribery Claim / Those Promising Tinubu Presidency In 2023 Are Just Deceiving Him – Adebanjo / Explosions At Oforji Oboku, Victor Isaiah's Homes In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.