Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,992 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness (3331 Views)

Woman Delivers In TB Joshua's Church (video) / 19-yr-old Pastor Impregnates Female Church Founder (PIC) / TB Joshua Delivers Nneoma Ukpabi From Overdue Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by AloyEmeka5: 3:42pm On Jun 07, 2010
[size=14pt]60-yr-old pastor delivers first baby after 35 yrs of barreness[/size]
Written by Olu Osunde
Sunday, June 6, 2010

AN incident akin to the story of Abraham and Sarah in the Bible replayed itself at Alakia of Ibadan, Oyo State barely last week when an aged couple were delivered of their first issue.

The mother of the baby (right) with Evang Christiana Oluwashola, founder GVM.

advertisement

The couple, Pastor and Pastor (Mrs) Muritala Inaolaji are 70 and 60 years old respectively, each about 30 years younger than Abraham and Sarah who gave birth to their promised child, Isaac, at 100 and 90 years respectively.

Papa and Mama Inaolaji of Ibadan, got married 35 years ago as muslims and looked forward to raising lovely children.

The children, however, refused to come as Mama Inaolaji did not become pregnant. Thus, began the search for a child they could call their own.

Several visits were made to hospitals, alfas, imams, marabouts and herbalists, all to no avail. In the search for a child, the couple encountered Jesus Christ and became Christians.

That singular act however, further pitched them against family members, who had not succeeded in convincing Papa Inaolaji to marry another wife.

Of course, Mama Inaolaji was labelled and tagged with derisive names. These shot to a crescendo when the couple became Christians/and later, they both became pastors.

Undaunted, the couple kept on praying and believing God. Mama wanted to undergo an operation when it was discovered that she had multiple fibroid in her womb. Papa Muritala paid for the operation but Mama was afraid, considering her age (about two years ago) and the fact that the fibroids were many.

The doctor did not also help matter as the way he described how Mama's body would be mutilated, frightened her so much, coupled with the fact that she would not be sedated but her womb area (stomach) would only be deadened for fear that she might not come round after the operation.

So, Papa and Mama agreed to forgo the operation fee and forget about the operation. But they kept on praying, trusting God for the best.

It was on a sunny afternoon when Mama Inaolaji heard an advertisement about God's Voice Ministries International (GVM) on the radio. By then Papa Inaolaji was fed up, having gone round so many places without result.

But Mama appealed to him and persuaded him to let them try GVM. They, however agreed that GVM would be their last port of call.

Hear Mama Inaolaji: "I was 59 years old when I came to GVM with eight multiple fibroids, two ovarian cysts and tube blockage in 2009.

"I had never been pregnant for once in my life but I was told that I had to remove the whole of my womb and I ran away from (orthodox doctors).

"I went to GVM and I used GVM's frothy cream and anti-barreness cream. I conceived and gave birth to a baby boy at age 60 while my husband is 70 .

"I delivered the fibroid life without operation and later I conceived and was delivered of a baby boy who weighs 6.2 kg. I delivered the baby through surgery because of his weight", the new mother, who is savouring the joy of motherhood for the first time in her life, said.

On her experience when she was pregnant, Mama Inaolaji said people talked in whispers and hushed tones whenever they saw her while family members, especially her in-laws, claimed that her stomach was merely swelling, due to the various spiritual water they claimed she drank at her place of worship.

Mama Inaolaji, who spoke in Yoruba exclaimed, "Haa, nigba ti ojo esin mi su dede, Olorun ba mi se," meaning when the rain of mockery was about to fall on me, God covered me with the garment of a baby.

Explaining further on their plight, Pastor Muritala Inaolaji said, I am from Ejigbo. I gave my life to Jesus and He gave me a child at the age of 70 years.

Speaking with Sunday Tribune, the founder of GVM International, Dr. (Evang.) Christianah Abosede Oluwashola said she used to operate fibroid until Jesus told her in a dream to use herbs to cure same

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jun/6/619.html
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by Kunbee: 4:48pm On Jun 07, 2010
Congrats
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by steveab(m): 4:48pm On Aug 17, 2010
Please i need the address of this place and if possible the contact phone number.
i have somebody that need to see her.
please kindly send details by sms to 08077290122.

May God reward you as you do.
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by nuella2(f): 5:30pm On Aug 17, 2010
Wow!!! God is indeed thesame yesterday, today and forever. What a great miracle.
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by noetic16(m): 7:14pm On Aug 17, 2010
where are the atheists to debunk this?
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 17, 2010
noetic16:

they re probably somewhere struggling with their conscience for denying God
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2010
What bunch of croc!!
First of all, that lady doesn't look 60.
Second, what kind of "hospital" would operate on someone without anesthesia.
It sounds like an advertisement for GVM "frothy" and bareness cream!!!!!
Why hasn't Doctor Evangelist Herbalist Christiana abosede Oluwashola tried to publicize this miracle cream.

Lastly, most atheist like myself tend not to bother with incredibly bogus stories like this one because they are like insults to ones intelligence. Like, I can't believe nigerians can be so gullible in this day and age. It's 2010 not 1126!!!!
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by mazaje(m): 10:56pm On Aug 17, 2010
I can not believe that Noetic has fallen for this very cheap and lame scam. . . . . .What the heck is this? Firstly the woman IS NOT 60 because that is not how 60 year old Nigerians look like, secondly this is just a cheap scam to invite people and defraud them of their money. . . .

Aloy+Emeka:

The doctor did not also help matter as the way he described how Mama's body would be mutilated, frightened her so much, coupled with the fact .

But Mama appealed to him and persuaded him to let them try GVM. They, however agreed that GVM would be their last port of call.

Hear Mama Inaolaji: "I was 59 years old when I came to GVM with eight multiple fibroids, two ovarian cysts and tube blockage in 2009.

"I had never been pregnant for once in my life but I was told that I had to remove the whole of my womb and I ran away from (orthodox doctors).

"I went to GVM and I used GVM's frothy cream and anti-barreness cream. I conceived and gave birth to a baby boy at age 60 while my husband is 70 .

What the heck is anti barrenness cream?. . . . .*Hiss*. . . . . . .

peaking with Sunday Tribune, the founder of GVM International, Dr. (Evang.) Christianah Abosede Oluwashola said she used to operate fibroid until Jesus told her in a dream to use herbs to cure same

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jun/6/619.html

This is a pathetic joke. . . . . . .
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by oboidanre(f): 12:38am On Aug 18, 2010
*Long hiss*
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by 0hsisi: 12:43am On Aug 18, 2010
That woman doesn't look 60 to me
She looks 45 max
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by alaper: 4:02am On Aug 18, 2010
noetic16:

You don't need to be an atheist to see through this scam.  Just a bit of critical thinking skills.  It is unfortunate that grown-up adults will swallow any miracle claim no matter how ridiculous in as much as it helps to validate their religious beliefs.  I wonder what their reaction will be if later they hear that the woman is a muslim, or Guru Marahaji for example. tongue  I bet, then, they will then scrutinise the issue more critically.  It is interesting how miracle claims are accepted without question when they come from the person's strand of a particular religion, but rejected when they come from another religion or even a diferent strand of the same religion!
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by mazaje(m): 6:54am On Aug 18, 2010
alaper:

You don't need to be an atheist to see through this scam.  Just a bit of critical thinking skills.  It is unfortunate that grown-up adults will swallow any miracle claim no matter how ridiculous in as much as it helps to validate their religious beliefs.  I wonder what their reaction will be if later they hear that the woman is a muslim, or Guru Marahaji for example. tongue  I bet, then, they will then scrutinise the issue more critically.  It is interesting how miracle claims are accepted without question when they come from the person's strand of a particular religion, but rejected when they come from another religion or even a diferent strand of the same religion!

Very well said, desperate religious people falling for very cheap scam just to promote their religious beliefs, the woman is NOT 60 and the entire story is just a SCAM organized to sell a fake product(barrenness cream). . . . . . .It's also possible that the baby is not hers at all. . . . . . . .The pastor of the church is a fraudster end of story. . . . . .
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by thehomer: 8:20am On Aug 18, 2010
Several issues in this story make me suspect that someone somewhere may have just lost a baby.
I'll outline them briefly.

At 60, the woman is unlikely to be menstruating.

The presence of multiple fibroids reduce the chances of getting pregnant and carrying it to term.
The presence of ovarian cysts also reduce the chances of getting pregnant.
The tubal blockage of course seriously reduces the chances of the woman getting pregnant.

"I delivered the fibroid life without operation and later I conceived and was delivered of a baby boy who weighs 6.2 kg. I delivered the baby through surgery because of his weight", the new mother, who is savouring the joy of motherhood for the first time in her life, said.

She actually claims she passed out a fibroid without surgery?
And delivered a baby weighing 6.2kg? That's about the weight of the regular 2 - 3 month old Nigerian baby.
How come the name of the hospital where the surgery was carried out was not mentioned for others to be able to verify parts of the story?

These are quite a number of coincidences.
I think this family needs to be investigated and tests carried out to determine if the baby is actually theirs.
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by Joagbaje(m): 9:24am On Aug 18, 2010
^^^^^^
that's what make it a miracle. Or Sarah and Abraham must have stolen a baby too.
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by noetic16(m): 9:47am On Aug 18, 2010
Martian:

What bunch of croc!!
First of all, that lady doesn't look 60.
Second, what kind of "hospital" would operate on someone without anesthesia.
It sounds like an advertisement for GVM "frothy" and bareness cream!!!!!
Why hasn't Doctor Evangelist Herbalist Christiana abosede Oluwashola tried to publicize this miracle cream.

Lastly, most atheist like myself tend not to bother with incredibly bogus stories like this one because they are like insults to ones intelligence. Like, I can't believe nigerians can be so gullible in this day and age. It's 2010 not 1126!!!!
grin I laugh in greek grin

so because she does not "look" 60 (according to u) the miracle is hence bogus ?. . . i now laugh in swahili grin
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by noetic16(m): 9:48am On Aug 18, 2010
mazaje:

I can not believe that Noetic has fallen for this very cheap and lame scam. . . . . .What the heck is this? Firstly the woman IS NOT 60 [size=18pt]because that is not how 60 year old Nigerians look like,[/size] secondly this is just a cheap scam to invite people and defraud them of their money. . . .

What the heck is anti barrenness cream?. . . . .*Hiss*. . . . . . .

This is a pathetic joke. . . . . . .

oight mazaje. . . how do 60 year olds look? grin are u 60? please post ur pictures wink
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by noetic16(m): 9:51am On Aug 18, 2010
alaper:

The point u miss is that . . . . .you could see this from any perspective u choose. . .but that does not deny the reality.
Jesus performed miracles and people came up with loads of "critical analyses" to debunk or discredit the miracle, some said He had a demonic spirit and others said He is a reincarnated prophet. . .but the truth remains that He healed those whom He healed.

The same applies to the OP story. what u make of it is your business . . .but to make silly assertions to discredit religion because of ur unbelief is the height of ignorance and illiteracy.
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by Pennywise(m): 9:52am On Aug 18, 2010
@OP
Another open advertisement of a crime.
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by Purist(m): 10:43am On Aug 18, 2010
It's usually funny when, a topic, like this one is posted, and noetic jumps out of nowhere, and says, "Oya, where are those atheists/Muslims/unbelievers to come and debunk this?", like he's just discovered something really extraordinary to reinforce his beliefs.  More often than not, he ends up disappointed.  grin grin grin

I get the feeling, @noetic. I used to be like that too. wink
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by Purist(m): 10:55am On Aug 18, 2010
Joagbaje:

^^^^^^
that's what make it a miracle. Or Sarah and Abraham must have stolen a baby too.

When I first saw the topic, I was expecting to read something about God's promise being fulfilled, or some intense fasting & prayer session, or some really 'supernatural' event that led to this occurrence. Nothing in this story, asides, the debatable age of the woman (she actually may be 60), suggests any spiritual intervention in aiding this woman's cause. If you read the story carefully, you'll notice that it was the reporter who kept making the comparison with Abraham and Sarah. The woman's own story tells us that she used a CREAM, and she got pregnant. She supposedly used a completely natural means. Sarah didn't use any "frothy cream" and "anti-barrenness cream", did she? grin

That being said, I think this is a bogus story.
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by MyJoe: 11:07am On Aug 18, 2010
noetic16:

oight mazaje. . . how do 60 year olds look? grin are u 60? please post your pictures wink
grin Oya, maz, post your pictures!

A ministerial nominee in Nigeria recently admitted he did not know his actual age. Nelson Mandela once said the same thing. That applies to most Nigerians of that woman's generation.
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by Iyineda(m): 11:28am On Aug 18, 2010
You don't need to be an atheist to see how far fetched this story is. It's insane that people still buy into such propaganda and proselyetism.
"To give birth you must first become a Christian." Is that the moral of this story? Just wow.

I usually refrain to leave (honest/non-mocking) comments on the Religion section nowadays because of the level of ignorance here, but I just had to voice it out this time.
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by Rhino3dm: 11:46am On Aug 18, 2010
And again when Rhino express his feeling about this pathetic story, you will start hearing 'anti-this, anti-that'. There is no limit to stupidity, for any sane not to see the aggressive marketing trick . OP. until when you post the DNA results your story remain comic.
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by noetic16(m): 12:49pm On Aug 18, 2010
Purist:

It's usually funny when, a topic, like this one is posted, and noetic jumps out of nowhere, and says, "Oya, where are those atheists/Muslims/unbelievers to come and debunk this?", like he's just discovered something really extraordinary to reinforce his beliefs.  More often than not, he ends up disappointed.  grin grin grin

I get the feeling, @noetic. I used to be like that too. wink

I also find the advertising of "anti-bareness cream" very funny and deceptive. but I just stirred the atheists cos this section has missed its usual fun for a long time.

Do I believe in miracles . , YES.
Do I believe in "anti-bareness cream". . , . Nope.

But please let us enjoy the "theist vs atheist" humour cheesy
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by noetic16(m): 12:50pm On Aug 18, 2010
MyJoe:

grin Oya, maz, post your pictures!

Seconded. maz we are waiting grin
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 18, 2010
noetic16:

I also find the advertising of "anti-bareness cream" very funny and deceptive. but I just stirred the atheists cos this section has missed its usual fun for a long time.

Do I believe in miracles . , YES.
Do I believe in "anti-bareness cream". . , . Nope.

But please let us enjoy the "theist vs atheist" humour cheesy

C'mon coon, you know you believed that bullshit story until you were called out on it.
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by noetic16(m): 1:20pm On Aug 18, 2010
Martian:

C'mon coon, you know you believed that bullshit story until you were called out on it.

I still believe God gave her a baby. . .so what rubbish are u insinuating?
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by UyiIredia(m): 1:45pm On Aug 18, 2010
'barrenness cream' shocked >>> other similes >>> 'virginity ring', 'prosperity ring', 'God in a bottle', 'miracle handkerchiefs', 'power must change hands',
even the famous 'holy water' >>>> what next undecided undecided
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 18, 2010
Let anyone in the house tell us how a 60yr old looks
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by thehomer: 3:12pm On Aug 18, 2010
Joagbaje:

^^^^^^

One really cannot conclude on that case due to the little information available. I'd rather explore the perfectly plausible answers before resorting to miracles as an answer.
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by mazaje(m): 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2010
noetic16:

Seconded. maz we are waiting  grin

You go wait tire. . . . . .  grin grin Nice to see you around, hope you are good out there. . . . . . .
Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by donnie(m): 10:12pm On Aug 18, 2010
The mighty hand of God at work again. Glory to Jesus!

That has happened around my end. It is not impossible for God to give life to dead bodies and enable them bring forth a child.

That the lady is looking  45 at 60 is also the work of God. Just like Sarah at her age was so attractive that Abimelech, king of Gerar wanted her.

What a mighty God we serve -x2

Heaven and earth adore Him

Angels bow before Him

What a mighty God we serve!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need A Fraternity Or Ogboni That Can Make Me Rich And Achieve My Goal / 4him I Need A Reply From You. / Therationa, Who Created You, God Or By Evolution.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.