Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident (46785 Views)

Photos Of Governor Ambode And Theresa May In Lagos / Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home / Governor Ambode Hosts Kareem Waris Olamilekan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 29, 2018
This is what we needed Buhari to do at Plateau. Not the red carpet jamboree and photo ops he went there to do.

2 Likes

Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 29, 2018
I believe there was a road traffic law prohibiting heavy duty vehicles like tankers and trucks carrying containers from plying the roads during the day. Our ineptitude in properly implementing our laws continue to result in the loss of lives everyday.

The truck drivers complain about robbers ambushing them at midnight because of a lack of security, but is the loss of properties more important than life itself? Ambode, stop praying and enforce the law.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by adetes: 8:14am On Jun 29, 2018
Theres nothing government can do, they need to educate those tanker driver wen carry commodity in broad day light to avoid more accident, so so sad and painful rest in peace to dead ones
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by izzou(m): 8:14am On Jun 29, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

This is part of reason Lagos has been fighting with FG trying to get all roads in the state under its jurisdiction. FG is careless about these roads and they end becoming death traps.

Tankers fall on our roads every month, majority do not get reported because of low casualty. Containers fall every week. Trailers fail break everyday.

How many we go talk?

I don't think having any road under your control can change anything

Most of these trucks are not road worthy. Ban them. The Lagos State government doesn't need to own any road to pass that law.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by pweetygiftofGod(f): 8:15am On Jun 29, 2018
Tears are still flowing, God cry
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by zombieHUNTER: 8:16am On Jun 29, 2018
pweetygiftofGod:
Tears are still flowing, God cry

Come let me wipe your tears away

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by SIRKAY98(m): 8:17am On Jun 29, 2018
My sincere sympathy goes to those souls that lost there lifes in d inferno
I wish to tell the Dead
Sorry for the Pain
Sorry for theTears
Sorry for the hope of been rescued but not forth coming
Soory u r not a living being again
Bye! From this sinfull world
I dont know you all but i will not wish my Enemy death in Such Inferno
Its Terrible cry
As i watch the vidoes posted bu Sympatizers around d scene, i heared how people wish to help but cant
I see we are nothing On Earth
But God is far Bigger than Man
We should change our Bad ways and remenber Hell is Much more than that inferno

5 Likes

Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 29, 2018
So in all this you lots still have the strength to argue

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by morgan100(m): 8:19am On Jun 29, 2018
PurplePatch:
Good move. Show your sympathy by action. I just can't imagine what kind of final moments the victims had before giving up. On! Jehovah save us please.
that last moment, i cant just imagine it, seeing death like this coming, am scared thinking about that self.
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by rayjox(m): 8:20am On Jun 29, 2018
comshots:
What is the difference from those people houses you demolished in the name of road expansion?
There is a huge difference the former still have hope while the later is gone forever
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by veesion: 8:24am On Jun 29, 2018
bamidelee:

don't be an hypocrite
they were told to haul in the night

See ya mouth wey u use dey call person hypocrite
THEY WERE TOLD
that one no be for mouth..
WAS IT ENFORCED?
abi dem go talk go lie down dey sleep

I beg talk better something jare
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by Ameekas(f): 8:24am On Jun 29, 2018
Really sad..
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 29, 2018
The sacking no go get part 2
Every one whose watch this happened under is gone.
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by OwenC: 8:30am On Jun 29, 2018
Big one for dat matta..
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by tete7000(m): 8:31am On Jun 29, 2018
resurgent2019:
Maybe Lagos should enact safety laws that regulates the activities of tankers and articulated trucks in her metropolis?

Or do we have those laws already?

The problem is bigger than that. Why have we refused to allow other ports function and decongest Lagos port? Why have Nigerians (vandals) refused to allow our product pipelines operate so that we can take many tankers off long distance route? Until we are ready to do a thorough analysis and tackle problems from the root, we end up dancing round the circle. This country needs to move away from barbarism to civilization. The numbers of trunks plying long distance route is murderous. Can't our rail lines work? Long haulages are tackled better with trains.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by asawanathegreat(m): 8:32am On Jun 29, 2018
Very unfortunate incident
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by RiyadhGoddess(f): 8:33am On Jun 29, 2018
Ogbeni keep your prayers. Just act fast. Get rid of these killer trucks , tankers and containers out of the road. The death is just too much

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by omoharry(f): 8:37am On Jun 29, 2018
iomoge2:
Put the law in place and stand by it.
Tankers and big trucks have no business plying the road during the day.
Exactly what should be done..i concur
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by abike12(f): 8:38am On Jun 29, 2018
Dumdumfashion:
After visiting what next? We need results not visitation!

We need results
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by iWing1(m): 8:39am On Jun 29, 2018
post=68918094:
SAD SAD SAD.
TEARS IN MY EYES..

@, Our prayers are with everyone affected by this sad incident.

Going out and coming back home safely is really underrated.
May we and our family members never be victims of road casualties.

OAN:
How can you watch those horrific videos and pictures and end up with statements like ‘Thank God I was not involved’, ‘God kept me’, ‘God saved me’.
What about all the other people that were involved?
Did God love them less?
Empathy is the gate to humanity please.
Stop all these 'christianese' languages.
You can imgine someone's comment: "it is well". i keep wondering what is well in seeing such a gory sight.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by akdjr(m): 8:40am On Jun 29, 2018
Someone said he is a covenant child as if d victims are not children of God.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:41am On Jun 29, 2018
iWing1:
You can imgine someone's comment: "it is well". i keep wondering what is well in seeing such a gory sight.
Oh.....
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by DONADAMS(m): 8:46am On Jun 29, 2018
R.I.P...this country taya me...everyday death and bad news.. what is happening
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by adedayourt(m): 8:46am On Jun 29, 2018
Quick response of solidarity n warm heartedness from d guv. Visited in person same day within hrs.

Unlike someone else dat ll rada send delegates while he flies about other country
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by opeyemicollins(m): 8:48am On Jun 29, 2018
May God almighty help us in this country and give us fortitude to bear the pains.
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by vickylincon(m): 8:48am On Jun 29, 2018
id911:

Sometimes I don't understand how you guys reason that is why I'm checking out of this country soon. Why called him hypocrite when what he said is totally correct? How can you give directives, someone violates it at will and you don't take punitive measures against the person? The people in this country are something else for always supporting ineptitude. It's pathetic
you see, you and I are part of the problem. When govt takes punitive action against them, they resort to strike. And everything remain standstill. It's even Nigerians that will be asking the govt to bow to this people's plan. So you see...Nigerians are the problem themselves and this does not exclude the govt
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by HNO3: 8:52am On Jun 29, 2018
id911:

Sometimes I don't understand how you guys reason that is why I'm checking out of this country soon. Why called him hypocrite when what he said is totally correct? How can you give directives, someone violates it at will and you don't take punitive measures against the person? The people in this country are something else for always supporting ineptitude. It's pathetic
You can get lost out of the country, who cares.
Who you help?
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by babythug(f): 8:54am On Jun 29, 2018
resurgent2019:
Maybe Lagos should enact safety laws that regulates the activities of tankers and articulated trucks in her metropolis?

Or do we have those laws already?

We have some , no one is monitoring and they need to be updated.

It's a sad state of affairs really
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by UfuomaUN(m): 8:56am On Jun 29, 2018
wristbangle:

Amosun focus on needless project. Places where it is urgently needed are ignored. The man no dey try abeg

Man is a sham! All the important roads in the state have been left to rot while he focuses on frivolous white elephant projects in Abeokuta with no economic or human impact

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by Princedapace(m): 8:57am On Jun 29, 2018
id911:

My brother, same here.. I am leaving the county for all the people who support useless politicians.

I don't know what they gain.. Maybe they are paid.

U gave a law, they disobeyed and u refused to punish them.. Why? Because u have share in that thing..

Aswear majority of Nigerians are enemy to nature.. I have never seen people like Nigerians in my life.

Nigerians can do anything just to make money, even if it means killing an entire community..

And pls why and why is Lagos the only main working port in the entire country? Chaii this country o..

E no go better for Luggard and his gf
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by HNO3: 8:58am On Jun 29, 2018
post=68918094:
SAD SAD SAD.
TEARS IN MY EYES..

@, Our prayers are with everyone affected by this sad incident.

Going out and coming back home safely is really underrated.
May we and our family members never be victims of road casualties.

OAN:
How can you watch those horrific videos and pictures and end up with statements like ‘Thank God I was not involved’, ‘God kept me’, ‘God saved me’.
What about all the other people that were involved?
Did God love them less?
Empathy is the gate to humanity please.
Stop all these 'christianese' languages.

Stop this your holier than thou attitude. You talk as if you care.... But deep down within, you don't really care but rather pretending to the whole world you care...just to get cheap likes and shares from fake folks like yourself. All you hypocrites, your doom is near
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by debaj10: 8:59am On Jun 29, 2018
sai ambo
sai baba
sai APC, progress

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pascal Okechukwu: How EFCC tracked down Cubana Chief Priest / ‘Buildings Will Go Down’ — Wike Assumes Office, Vows More Demolitions / APC Senators May Unseat Saraki Today - The Guardian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.