Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,035 members, 7,828,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident (46781 Views)

Photos Of Governor Ambode And Theresa May In Lagos / Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home / Governor Ambode Hosts Kareem Waris Olamilekan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:02am On Jun 29, 2018
HNO3:

Stop this your holier than thou attitude. You talk as if you care.... But deep down within, you don't really care but rather pretending to the whole world you care...just to get cheap likes and shares from fake folks like yourself. All you hypocrites, your doom is near
I read some of your posts and saw the amount of big big curses people laid on you over there.
So let me just leave you alone carrying what you have on your head personally.

Byeeee ooooo, hmmmm, what a pity!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by Horus(m): 9:03am On Jun 29, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jyi1qJEqmY

Tanker explosion along the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB6lXchUrRY

A tanker explosion and over 50 cars burned Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, claimed several lives.
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by Gossiplover: 9:06am On Jun 29, 2018
rip to those who died
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by HNO3: 9:14am On Jun 29, 2018
[[s]quote author= post=68924188]
I read some of your posts and saw the amount of big big curses people laid on you over there.
So let me just leave you alone carrying what you have on your head personally.

Byeeee ooooo, hmmmm, what a pity!![/quote][/s][s][/s]
You mean the curses on your generation?
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by Ezniteadin(m): 9:16am On Jun 29, 2018
Ambode Your prayers are with them right, But your cluelessness caused it, a proactive administration would have taken appropriate measure on all road, build alternatives routes for tankers and when incidence like this occur have a ready intervention Helicopters to intervene and rescue people
But they all come after tragedy like celebrities to say rubbish like "my prayers are with victim"
These guys still run governance like 16 century in modern times
they do nothing but steal

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by Horus(m): 9:16am On Jun 29, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwhGlOSrETI

A Fuel Tanker Exploded At Lagos Ibadan Express Way Over 57 Cars Burnt
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by ojinku(m): 9:19am On Jun 29, 2018
"If you fail to plan, you have already planned to fail". Nigeria definitely has failed to plan. All these things that are happening in Nigeria, from herdsmen killings, our exit from world cup to this otedola bridge mayhem are as a result of lack of planning. In fact Nigeria as a structure is not even planned. I don't pray this kind thing to happen again, but how do I stop it since the Nation was not planned. It's high time we rose from the slumber, take the bull by the horn and plan the nation by ourselves before we wake up one morning and see Nigeria as extinct. Please, vote rightly in 2019. Chai, what a tragedy. RIP to the dead. My heart bleeds!!!
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by largeman4u(m): 9:23am On Jun 29, 2018
This same Ambode still allow bad Trailer with container load pass through the bent Ojuelegba bridge --- How many innocent people must die.
God touch the heart of Nigerians so we can help ourselves

#letusstandupagainstbadleadership
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by Prettysophy: 9:24am On Jun 29, 2018
This is SAD!
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 29, 2018
Ambodes statement shows our leaders dnt think well..hear him..the loss of lives like these is very painful...

If i may ask..which loss is ever understandable...every loss irrespectiv of the manner is painful..
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by pweetygiftofGod(f): 9:28am On Jun 29, 2018
Oya na
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by Lemmejoor(m): 9:33am On Jun 29, 2018
iomoge2:
Put the law in place and stand by it.
Tankers and big trucks have no business plying the road during the day.

For a place like Lagos u should understand even by 8pm the roads are still jammed. It's really not about time it's about driving habits and vehicle safety standards. If for instance this mishap happened at 9pm with the truck contents spilling, for a route like that with connect to 3MB and Ibadan/Benin, casualties could be higher due to the fact u may not get quicker response from the units, and of course there's every likelihood the road's busy. Driving culture is the bane for most accidents and poor maintenance check.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by HomeOfMe(f): 9:33am On Jun 29, 2018
id911:

Sometimes I don't understand how you guys reason that is why I'm checking out of this country soon. Why called him hypocrite when what he said is totally correct? How can you give directives, someone violates it at will and you don't take punitive measures against the person? The people in this country are something else for always supporting ineptitude. It's pathetic
Because they see every criticism as an attack on buhari or apc.
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:10am On Jun 29, 2018
Until they stop tankers and heavy trucks to stop moving in broad daylight, if not this kind of incident won't stop happening. A stringent law should be enacted.
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by peacengine(m): 10:24am On Jun 29, 2018
ojinku:
"If you fail to plan, you have already planned to fail". Nigeria definitely has failed to plan. All these things that are happening in Nigeria, from herdsmen killings, our exit from world cup to this otedola bridge mayhem are as a result of lack of planning. In fact Nigeria as a structure is not even planned. I don't pray this kind thing to happen again, but how do I stop it since the Nation was not planned. It's high time we rose from the slumber, take the bull by the horn and plan the nation by ourselves before we wake up one morning and see Nigeria as extinct. Please, vote rightly in 2019. Chai, what a tragedy. RIP to the dead. My heart bleeds!!!

Guy clap for yourself
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by Abbeynomics: 10:51am On Jun 29, 2018
post=68918094:
SAD SAD SAD.
TEARS IN MY EYES..

@, Our prayers are with everyone affected by this sad incident.

Going out and coming back home safely is really underrated.
May we and our family members never be victims of road casualties.

OAN:
How can you watch those horrific videos and pictures and end up with statements like ‘Thank God I was not involved’, ‘God kept me’, ‘God saved me’.
What about all the other people that were involved?
Did God love them less?
Empathy is the gate to humanity please.
Stop all these 'christianese' languages.
What do you want him to say
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by HomeOfMe(f): 10:52am On Jun 29, 2018
PotatoSalad:
Big trucks are supposed to have their own lanes or only allowed to move at night. Developed countries have that. How can I be in a traffic jam alongside a tanker filled with petrol? The sight alone makes me uncomfortable
I dread it so so much. Driving side by side tankers and container carrying trailers especially on ikorodu road...,they should restrict them to midnight alone.
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by david2502: 10:52am On Jun 29, 2018
2016 Tokunbo Toyota Prado on distress give away.

Car mileage is 160. Engine is V8. Brand New tyres.Very chilling factory fitted A/C. Powerful sound system. Black with leather interior, navigator and DVD touch screen. GPS Tracker installed.Reverse Camera and many more.
Car on display at Area 11, 900 Herbert Macaulay,Abuja. Call for inspection,test drive or sale.

call: 08162504225

Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 29, 2018
What happened to adopting the rail option for these long distance and inflammable content haulage? As in I just weak for this system we operate. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by Codes151(m): 11:11am On Jun 29, 2018
Makes no difference.

Bad laws.
Bad road planning
Bad house planning

We will always face more hazards.
Useless country
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by Codes151(m): 11:15am On Jun 29, 2018
Makes no difference.

Bad laws.
Bad road planning
Bad house planning
We will always face more hazards.
Useless country
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 29, 2018
veesion:

See ya mouth wey u use dey call person hypocrite THEY WERE TOLD that one no be for mouth.. WAS IT ENFORCED? abi dem go talk go lie down dey sleep
I beg talk better something jare
what's your job enforce it oponu
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by cuteboy2: 12:02pm On Jun 29, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

This is part of reason Lagos has been fighting with FG trying to get all roads in the state under its jurisdiction. FG is careless about these roads and they end becoming death traps.

Tankers fall on our roads every month, majority do not get reported because of low casualty. Containers fall every week. Trailers fail break everyday.

How many we go talk?

What has taking over of FG roads for maintenance got to do with LATSMA and VIO enforcing road worthiness of trucks, tankers and trailers ?

LASG makes huge revenue issuing road worthiness certificates to trucks and articulated vehicles that are not road worthy. LATSMA and VIO operate on all roads in Lagos regardless of who built the road, federal or state.
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by Horus(m): 1:20pm On Jun 29, 2018
resurgent2019:
Maybe Lagos should enact safety laws that regulates the activities of tankers and articulated trucks in her metropolis?

Or do we have those laws already?

The speed limit should be reduced for tankers
Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident by iomoge2(f): 8:00pm On Jun 29, 2018
Lemmejoor:

For a place like Lagos u should understand even by 8pm the roads are still jammed. It's really not about time it's about driving habits and vehicle safety standards. If for instance this mishap happened at 9pm with the truck contents spilling, for a route like that with connect to 3MB and Ibadan/Benin, casualties could be higher due to the fact u may not get quicker response from the units, and of course there's every likelihood the road's busy. Driving culture is the bane for most accidents and poor maintenance check.
I mean only from 12midbight till 4am. 4hours is play to move from one part of Lagos to another to offload what ever and leave the town. Or 11pm till 5am

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Precious Chikwendu And Femi Fani-Kayode In Child Custody Battle (Photos) / Sylvester Omoroni: Joy Edordu Is Parent To One Of The Bullies - GistLover / Innoson Vehicle Motors Presented To The Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.