Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. (244193 Views)

Why Dont Yorubas Claim Istekiri, The Way Igbos Claim Ikwerre, Delta Igbo? / Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? / Who Is An Igbo/what Makes Someone An Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (111) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ChinenyeN(m): 5:22pm On Jun 16, 2010
Oh.Kay. Udezue.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by oweniwe(m): 8:07pm On Jun 16, 2010
udezue link=topic=458875.msg6225528#msg6225528 date=:
My father is Eastern Igbo and due to fear of discrimination back in the 80s he had to use my mother's last name which is Ibibio to apply for an oil block. Once the Eastern Igbo steps out of the SE he also faces the same discrimination. The block my father was looking for was in Rivers state which was under military govt of either a Northerner or that Ada George and they discriminated even against the Ikwerre, Ndoni so u kinda know why many of em chose to hide being Igbo. One of his business partners was also Igbo but his father na Ijaw so he easily passed as non Igbo.
Dear Udueze, thank you very much for your wonderful contribution. But i would like to ask you a question. IF YOU WERE IN YOUR FATHER'S SHOES, WOULD YOU DENY IGBO IN ORDER TO GET AN OIL BLOCK?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Afam4eva(m): 8:26pm On Jun 16, 2010
Thre's this girl in my class. She's from Kwale. I told her she was Igbo and she said she wasn't. Then i asked what the name of her ethnic group was and she couldn't utter a word. Na so the ignorance take reach?

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by udezue(m): 9:01pm On Jun 16, 2010
Oweniwe, u are welcome. Now there is a difference btwn hiding ur ethnicity in application and openly telling even a fellow Igbo that you are not Igbo even when both of you got the same name and speak the same Igbo. Many in Delta have taken this denial f
or survival in the midst of hostility to a ridiculous level. I omit the Igbo part. Maybe I am being stubborn F U to anyone who hates me being Igbo or Easterner. Like I stated he simply used my mom's name who is also Igbo but he did not say he is not Igbo. His name was also listed but the more non Igbo they had as a group the better so in actuality they were more or sizeable # of Igbo in the group but on the outside the group looked majority non Igbo with maybe him and a few others aS minority. They all knew what they were doing so there was no denial within the group about being Igbo but in order to get far they all agreed to do what they had to do. It was a sacrifice. Obviously a painful one. I always say that until the Igbo and others don't have to hide who they are to get what they deserve I say no to one Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ChinenyeN(m): 9:14pm On Jun 16, 2010
"even when both of you got the same name and speak the same Igbo"
---- Not sure this really counts toward identity.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by udezue(m): 9:38pm On Jun 16, 2010
Biko what then counts towards ur identity?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ChinenyeN(m): 10:00pm On Jun 16, 2010
The group consciousness.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by oweniwe(m): 10:05pm On Jun 16, 2010
afam4eva:

Thre's this girl in my class. She's from Kwale. I told her she was Igbo and she said she wasn't. Then i asked what the name of her ethnic group was and she couldn't utter a word. Na so the ignorance take reach?
Dear afam, pls try not to ridicule anyone again coz u don't know why they do so. I de annoy with you o. You abuse my "sister" ignorant. If i begin to abuse you too people go de talk say i de uncivil, say i de deny igbo. I said its not by force to answer igbo. I know the reason why the girl did so and have experienced that one before too. I was born in lagos but grew up in abeokuta. When i was in JSS 3, the class teacher conducted a class census. We were asked to state our names, age, state of origin, and tribe. When it came to my turn, i answered oweniwe, 13, delta State, but when it came to my tribe, i got lost coz the only options that were given were ijaw, itshekiri and urhobo. Isoko was not even mentioned talk less of igbo. I was never told or heard it that igbo is an ethnic group in delta State coz delta is not part of the south east. Its like if you are an ijaw kid or teen from ondo who knows little about the state, if he/she is asked for tribe, the answer you are most likely to get is yoruba because ondo is part of the west and not south south and yoruba is the major ethnic group in ondo. When i narrated my ORDEAL later in the evening to my dad, he said i'm ukwuani. I said ukwuani is a local govt in delta. He said yes but its also a tribe. So when next  i'm asked my tribe formally, i reply ukwuani, but informally, i reply delta igbo. So don't blame the girl. And as we grow up denying this either ignorantly or to avoid discrimination, its built into our subconsciousness and soon becomes and regular occurance. So the term *Delta igbo* is our way of telling the world that we are igbo from delta State, not igbo from the east. But WE ARE STILL IGBO. @ UDUEZE. That was a nice response. U must hav grown up then so u understood d situation. The same cannot be said of the young children who don't know what's going on. I agree its very painful being forced to deny your root because of discrimination. It reminds me of kunta kinte being forced to change his name to toby after several whip lash in the movie "slaves". @ Chinenye- thanks dear. Our identity does not always reflect who we really while consciousness always tell us the truth about ourselves. Its like udueze's pop identity doesn't really matter but his igbo consciousness is supreme
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by abadaba(m): 10:50pm On Jun 16, 2010
@Oweniwe: Clap for yourself for your continous spell of Udueze. Please show some respect to your Igbo brethren here.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by oweniwe(m): 11:39pm On Jun 16, 2010
*shakes head in regret*. I am sorry o. Its my over fast reading that caused it. Dear UDEZUE. But tell me is udueze an abusive name? I can't tell coz i don't speak igbo (one of my greatest regrets)
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by SLIGHT(m): 12:27am On Jun 17, 2010
U guys could go on and on and on, truth's that if u are italian u are italian, even if u speak roman, if u are hausa u are hausa, even if u speak hilanci, if u are igbo u are igbo,even if u claim ibibio.U CAN CLAIM WHAT U R NOT, BUT CANT BE WHAT U R ARE NOT,Even if it serve u right

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by oweniwe(m): 2:10am On Jun 17, 2010
SLIGHT:

U guys could go on and on and on, truth's that if u are italian u are italian, even if u speak roman, if u are hausa u are hausa, even if u speak hilanci, if u are igbo u are igbo,even if u claim ibibio.U CAN CLAIM WHAT U R NOT, BUT CANT BE WHAT U R ARE NOT,Even if it serve u right
Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by 006(m): 8:53am On Jun 19, 2010
The igbo youths from delta who deny they are igbo are only rehearsing what their parents told them when they kids that they are not igbo. As a result, lot of them are confused about who they really are. They speak igbo (if my pop hear say i call ukwani igbo, e go tongue lash me o), bear igbo names, sing and dance igbo, but they will still say they are not igbo. That is confusion. For me, i wouldn't blame our parents and grandparents for choosing to drop their igbo identity. The eastern igbos did not consult with them before they decided to declear biafra. Most annoying is the military tatics the eastern igbo adopted for the war. Our parents on the west proposed that the war should be fought in the north instead of igboland. The eastern igbos turned deaf ear. While the western igbos were over running ore, benin, and securing the shoreline in rivers and calabar, ojukwu was busy monopolising and stockpiling arms to defend eastern igboland and locking up those he perceive to be disloyal to him while their western igbo brothers were fighting the aboki's with bare hands. When Bakassi in cross river was given to cameroun, and when issue came up again in around 2006, what did the eastern igbos do? They recoiled to umuahia, enugu and kept quiet. Now who is bearing the brunt? No be bakassi?  Even during the war, all the propaganda, press focus, foreign aid, war relief materials etc were directed to the eastern igbo while western igbo were being pounded by bombs and artillary fire. The adekunle black scorpion saga, na eastern igbo e happen? No be the ikwerre for rivers de suffer? The eastern igbos used their western brothers as shield and cannon fodder in a was they started, but were ill prepared for and abandoned them high and dry. Na de same coward eastern igbos on this thread de point finger de call calabar, ikwerre, bakassi, kwale- igbo. Make una eastern ogbunike brother betrayers no vex western igbos o. We helped u when u needed us but left us empty. Now una de say make we de answer una yeye igbo. Na dat go give us light, infrastructure, or put food on our tables? silly people. Mmssppttsscheww! See them ewu heads. Them de talk de complain without sense like person wey trailer jam. Make una no vex us o. No be by force make we de answer igbo

Well, some things are very shameful to voice out to say the least.
Where will I start? Sometimes, it’s best to answer some questions with another question.

(The eastern igbos did not consult with them before they decided to declear biafra.)
In the first instance, Biafra (former Eastern Region) didn’t include Delta Igbos so how on earth should they be consulted?  I don’t want to go into this war thing because everyone suffered. I lost Uncles and my mother’s town (a neighbouring town) was bombed mercilessly. Maybe Nsukka people should come up and say they were used as shield too. Just crazy!

(When Bakassi in Cross River was given to Cameroun, and when issue came up again in around 2006, what did the eastern igbos do? They recoiled to umuahia, enugu and kept quiet)
What did the Delta Igbos do? Are they no longer human beings or are they no longer Nigerians?  . . . and delta Igbos recalled to Agbor, Ukwuani, Kwale and kept quiet. Silly!

(Na dat go give us light, infrastructure, or put food on our tables?)
Has your Igbo denial given you light, infrastructure or put food on your table? Do Delta Igbos with their Igbo denial fare better than Eastern Igbos that are forever proud Igbos? Has your Igbo denial given you control of Delta State? How many years has it been since the end of the civil war yet you couldn’t move forward with your Igbo denial?

The problem with you Delta Igbos is that you seem to think that Eastern Igbos are the federal government that should provide light and infrastructure to your people or appoint you to top positions in the government or create Anioma State for you folks. Does it make sense? I never read that Jews denied that they were Jews during the 2nd world war when they were targeted for elimination. They remained proud of who they are (because one can’t change ones identity but can deny it, a Jew is always a Jew just like an Igbo should always be an Igbo, no matter what) and now have a strong country of their own called Israel. That’s what proud and courageous people do, not cowards that will cower and deny their identity. What a shame?

Let me make myself very clear here. Eastern Igbos never denied their Igbo identity, fought against all odds, remained steadfast and rose from just £20 given to them after the war (no matter how much you owned in the bank) and now can claim comfortably as the most economically vibrant people in the whole of Nigeria with the highest standard of living as every data tend to indicate. This is what proud and courageous people do.

What would Delta Igbos and Rivers Igbos say their Igbo denial since 1970 have achieved for them? If not for the creation of Bayelsa State and making Rivers Igbos a clear majority in Rivers State, they could not have produced a Governor as the case with Delta Igbos. You folks should wise up and come back to your roots, reunite as Igbos in Delta not those crap Ukwani, Ika, etc, and become a force that you ought to be.

5 Likes

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Afam4eva(m): 9:33am On Jun 19, 2010
006:

Well, some things are very shameful to voice out to say the least.
Where will I start? Sometimes, it’s best to answer some questions with another question.

(The eastern igbos did not consult with them before they decided to declear biafra.)
In the first instance, Biafra (former Eastern Region) didn’t include Delta Igbos so how on earth should they be consulted?  I don’t want to go into this war thing because everyone suffered. I lost Uncles and my mother’s town (a neighbouring town) was bombed mercilessly. Maybe Nsukka people should come up and say they were used as shield too. Just crazy!

(When Bakassi in Cross River was given to Cameroun, and when issue came up again in around 2006, what did the eastern igbos do? They recoiled to umuahia, enugu and kept quiet)
What did the Delta Igbos do? Are they no longer human beings or are they no longer Nigerians?  . . . and delta Igbos recalled to Agbor, Ukwuani, Kwale and kept quiet. Silly!

(Na dat go give us light, infrastructure, or put food on our tables?)
Has your Igbo denial given you light, infrastructure or put food on your table? Do Delta Igbos with their Igbo denial fare better than Eastern Igbos that are forever proud Igbos? Has your Igbo denial given you control of Delta State? How many years has it been since the end of the civil war yet you couldn’t move forward with your Igbo denial?

The problem with you Delta Igbos is that you seem to think that Eastern Igbos are the federal government that should provide light and infrastructure to your people or appoint you to top positions in the government or create Anioma State for you folks. Does it make sense? I never read that Jews denied that they were Jews during the 2nd world war when they were targeted for elimination. They remained proud of who they are (because one can’t change ones identity but can deny it, a Jew is always a Jew just like an Igbo should always be an Igbo, no matter what) and now have a strong country of their own called Israel. That’s what proud and courageous people do, not cowards that will cower and deny their identity. What a shame?

Let me make myself very clear here. Eastern Igbos never denied their Igbo identity, fought against all odds, remained steadfast and rose from just £20 given to them after the war (no matter how much you owned in the bank) and now can claim comfortably as the most economically vibrant people in the whole of Nigeria with the highest standard of living as every data tend to indicate. This is what proud and courageous people do.

What would Delta Igbos and Rivers Igbos say their Igbo denial since 1970 have achieved for them? If not for the creation of Bayelsa State and making Rivers Igbos a clear majority, they could not have produced a Governor as the case with Delta Igbos. You folks should wise up and come back to your roots, reunite as Igbos in Delta not those crap Ukwani, Ika, etc, and become a force that you ought to be.

You've said it all.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by udezue(m): 5:28pm On Jun 19, 2010
gbam!!!!
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 10:40pm On Jun 19, 2010
You guys should leave Delta Igbo alone; go and stay with your Mountain Igbo if you're from the Enugu area, your River Igbo if you're around the areas of the Cross River, Anambara River or Imo River, your Atlantic Ocean Igbo if you're from the Port Harcourt area, your Forest Igbo if you're from the center east of Igboland, You're Sand Igbo if you're from the Northern Ebonyi area and your Rice Igbo if you're from the Abakaleke area. Other minorities like the Coal Igbo, Eastern Delta Igbo and Niger Igbo are also included! angry
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by oweniwe(m): 1:41am On Jun 20, 2010
@ 006. Why u come charge emotions for here again? We are talking about grand strategy here. What is wrong is wrong. Is it right to have involved the delta igbo in the war when they were not consulted? That's a very bad strategy. Tell me why did the ijaw, urhobo and other groups in the SS fought on the federal side? They were angry. They didn't threaten biafra in any way, yet biafra bought war to them. If biafra had taken the war to the north they were fighting, o.k. But u bought war to the door of innocent people and expected them to support you. Even though the delta igbo supported their brothers, it is wrong that they were involved actively without being consulted. That is demoralisation. If the Yoruba, bini, et al had been persuaded to team up with the igbo, things wouldn't have been the same today. If you don't see what is wrong in giving other people trouble without consulting them, na your own wahala. Ever seen america in a war without allies? You don't fight a war alone (as in case of vietnam) and expect to win. People just suffer for nothing. On bakassi, i beg to disagree. Gowon gave bakassi to cameroun coz biafra was using it to import arms. Is it delta igbo's responsibility to talk out/secure a place that is closer to biafra and was also used to import arms by biafra? Who do you expect to listen to minority delta igbo when the majority eastern igbo is quiet. A man who caused the ruin of a place is blaming the man who helped him secure the place (delta/rivers igbo) for not talking when the place has been ruined. Irresponsibility in its highest. angry
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by asha80(m): 2:14am On Jun 20, 2010
oweniwe:

@ 006. Why u come charge emotions for here again? U are a dullard like ojukwu who knows nothing about grand strategy. What is wrong is wrong. Is it right to have involved the delta igbo in the war when they were not consulted? That's a very bad strategy. Tell me why did the ijaw, urhobo and other groups in the SS fought on the federal side? They were angry. They didn't threaten biafra in any way, yet biafra bought war to them. If biafra had taken the war to the north they were fighting, o.k. But u bought war to the door of innocent people and expected them to support you. Even though the delta igbo supported their brothers, it is wrong that they were involved actively without being consulted. That is demoralisation. If the Yoruba, bini, et al had been persuaded to team up with the igbo, things wouldn't have been the same today. If you don't see what is wrong in giving other people trouble without consulting them, na your own wahala. Ever seen america in a war without allies? You don't fight a war alone (as in case of vietnam) and expect to win. People just suffer for nothing. On bakassi, u spewed sputum. Gowon gave bakassi to cameroun coz biafra was using it to import arms. U showed great irresponsibility when u asked what did delta igbo do. Is it delta igbo's responsibility to talk out/secure a place that is closer to biafra and was also used to import arms by biafra? Who do you expect to listen to minority delta igbo when the majority eastern igbo is quiet. A man who caused the ruin of a place is blaming the man who helped him secure the place (delta/rivers igbo) for not talking when the place has been ruined. Irresponsibility in its highest. angry

You are talking with too much emotions.How did Ojukwu bring war to the delta igbos?Where the Delta igbos in the defunct eastern region?The former eastern regional house of assembly urged Ojukwu to declare biafra.How did the delta igbos come into this?Are you are aware the Delta igbos were in the then midwest?

As for insinuating that biafra brought war to delta igbos are you aware that the majority igbo guys at the forefront on the nzeogwu coup where delta igbo?Do you know Nzeogwu's and Onwuatuegwu place?

You say you grew up western nigeria.It is better you have a balanced view on what led to the war.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by oweniwe(m): 2:26am On Jun 20, 2010
@ 006. On what delta\rivers igbo has gained from denying igbo, your reasoning is not too bright. Delta/ rivers state is MULTI ETHNIC with urhobo, ijaw, itshekiri, isoko, etc unlike eastern nigeria that is ONLY IGBO. So delta igbo cannot win election alone without teaming up with other ethnic groups in coalition. In 2007, delta igbo teamed up with urhobo using godswill obielum. But ibori bought over the urhobo elders with stolen money and imposed his cousin as governor. U are now castigating delta igbo like as if they could have produced the governor alone. Even in the south east, if obasanjo, a Yoruba man could rumbled anambra, predominantly igbo state using andy uba, how do you expect delta igbo to dominate delta state that is multi ethnic? I can't speak for rivers igbo coz i don't know much about rivers politics. U asked what we gain from denying igbo, go and read udezue's post on why some deny igbo or better still go to asaba or kwale and see for yourself. I however admit that no matter what the situation may be, it is wrong to deny who you really are.
ezeagu:

You guys should leave Delta Igbo alone; go and stay with your Mountain Igbo if you're from the Enugu area, your River Igbo if you're around the areas of the Cross River, Anambara River or Imo River, your Atlantic Ocean Igbo if you're from the Port Harcourt area, your Forest Igbo if you're from the center east of Igboland, You're Sand Igbo if you're from the Northern Ebonyi area and your Rice Igbo if you're from the Abakaleke area. Other minorities like the Coal Igbo, Eastern Delta Igbo and Niger Igbo are also included! angry
Abi o. Dem ojukwu pickin mo de hear word. No be by force make person de answer igbo. If a hutu man say e no go answer hutu again coz of hutu genocide against tutsi, na im own wahala. Leave am alone. angry
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by oweniwe(m): 2:56am On Jun 20, 2010
asha 80:

You are talking with too much emotions.How did Ojukwu bring war to the delta igbos?Where the Delta igbos in the defunct eastern region?The former eastern regional house of assembly urged Ojukwu to declare biafra.How did the delta igbos come into this?Are you are aware the Delta igbos were in the then midwest?

As for insinuating that biafra brought war to delta igbos are you aware that the majority igbo guys at the forefront on the nzeogwu coup where delta igbo?Do you know Nzeogwu's and Onwuatuegwu place?

You say you grew up western nigeria.It is better you have a balanced view on what led to the war.
I admit that emotions are high. Dem eastern igbo pickin de vex person too much. Pls try and make a review of the 1966 coup. Its was a pan nigeria coup and not nzeogwu coup coz actors from other ethnic groups were involved as well. Nzeogwu was not even the leader of the group according to colonel Ademoyega in his book "why we struck". Nzeogwu would not have over ran the north if he didn't have the backing of northern soldiers. I didn't say ojukwu bought war to delta igbo ALONE. Other groups were affected as well. I know that delta was a part of the midwest. Ejoor was the military governor of the midwest. The point i was trying to make is that it is wrong to fight a war without allies coz no one can win a war alone. Its wrong. Even america with its military might don't do that coz its morally wrong to fight alone
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 3:56pm On Jun 20, 2010
oweniwe:

Abi o. Dem ojukwu pickin mo de hear word. No be by force make person de answer igbo. If a hutu man say e no go answer hutu again coz of hutu genocide against tutsi, na im own wahala. Leave am alone. angry

grin
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by udezue(m): 5:46pm On Jun 20, 2010
Oweniwe,
I thought u were making sense but now u are talking like u are high on some cheap weed. Nwokem get a grip of yourself. The last time I checked Nzeogwu was the leader of the 1st coup that then led to the massacre of Eastern Igbo and Midwest Igbo plus non Igbos in both areas so going by your logic he brought the genocide on us hence we reacted. Why won't any action taken involve people from your area. I smell cowardice my friend. So all of a sudden the massacres didn't concern you yet action by Nzeogwu could be blamed for what happened. Did he consult all Eastern Igbo before embarking on a coup? U make no sense. U mean to tell me that Ojukwu just rolled into Midwest by surprise and not one Igbo person knew of his plan? Do ur research before talking again. Even a 5 year old knows that Midwest Igbos leaders and soldiers were very aware of the plan led by Ojukwu. Btw Biafra and its leaders who made decisions were also of Efik, Ijaw, Ogoni origin so I don't where u get the idea that Biafra was an Eastern Igbo affair. Do you think that the take over of Midwest would have been done easily without the support of Anioma ppl. Igbo ppl on both sides of the Niger river were faced with the same danger please. I heard stories about how Igbo men gathered at a square in Asaba to receive Nigerian troops and they were all saying "Anyi aburo Ndi Igbo" yet Nigerian gunned over 2000 of them. You think they are that dumb? Other people fled deep East into Biafra.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 7:30pm On Jun 20, 2010
the biafran war and events surrounding it are complex.the war wasnt an igbo war.igbos happened to be the largest ethnic group in biafra.thesame issue still exists here on nairaland.i observed that other nigerians tend to narrow down any issues involving the easterners to igbo.we igbos acknowdledge our presence in delta and rivers state.a lot of falsehood has been manufactured to give different identities to igbos.they therefore try as much as possible to cling on to the perculiarity of their clannish dialect and re-christen it ethnic group."we are from bini","we call land ali","our traditional ruler goes to bini to get crowned","we eat kola with ground fish","our language was imposed on us during the 1st republic" etc.etc.

nwigbo bu nwigbo,wibo vu wibo period.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ChinenyeN(m): 7:58pm On Jun 20, 2010
*sigh*
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by oweniwe(m): 8:52pm On Jun 20, 2010
udezue:

Oweniwe,
I thought u were making sense but now u are talking like u are high on some cheap weed. Nwokem get a grip of yourself. The last time I checked Nzeogwu was the leader of the 1st coup that then led to the massacre of Eastern Igbo and Midwest Igbo plus non Igbos in both areas so going by your logic he brought the genocide on us hence we reacted. Why won't any action taken involve people from your area. I smell cowardice my friend. So all of a sudden the massacres didn't concern you yet action by Nzeogwu could be blamed for what happened. Did he consult all Eastern Igbo before embarking on a coup? U make no sense. U mean to tell me that Ojukwu just rolled into Midwest by surprise and not one Igbo person knew of his plan? Do your research before talking again. Even a 5 year old knows that Midwest Igbos leaders and soldiers were very aware of the plan led by Ojukwu. Btw Biafra and its leaders who made decisions were also of Efik, Ijaw, Ogoni origin so I don't where u get the idea that Biafra was an Eastern Igbo affair. Do you think that the take over of Midwest would have been done easily without the support of Anioma ppl. Igbo ppl on both sides of the Niger river were faced with the same danger please. I heard stories about how Igbo men gathered at a square in Asaba to receive Nigerian troops and they were all saying "Anyi aburo Ndi Igbo" yet Nigerian gunned over 2000 of them. You think they are that dumb? Other people fled deep East into Biafra.
I tire for this place o. I only used hutu thing as a side talk na. I didn't say any one bought genocide ah. We human being see the same thing in different ways. Its different strokes for different folks. d discussion has shifted from delta igbo denying igbo to the civil war and now the 1966 coup. I don't see the point in arguing over somethin that will get me nowhere. So i'm taking a break. angry
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by 006(m): 9:50pm On Jun 20, 2010
udezue:

Oweniwe,
I thought u were making sense but now u are talking like u are high on some cheap weed. Nwokem get a grip of yourself. The last time I checked Nzeogwu was the leader of the 1st coup that then led to the massacre of Eastern Igbo and Midwest Igbo plus non Igbos in both areas so going by your logic he brought the genocide on us hence we reacted. Why won't any action taken involve people from your area. I smell cowardice my friend. So all of a sudden the massacres didn't concern you yet action by Nzeogwu could be blamed for what happened. Did he consult all Eastern Igbo before embarking on a coup? U make no sense. U mean to tell me that Ojukwu just rolled into Midwest by surprise and not one Igbo person knew of his plan? Do your research before talking again. Even a 5 year old knows that Midwest Igbos leaders and soldiers were very aware of the plan led by Ojukwu. Btw Biafra and its leaders who made decisions were also of Efik, Ijaw, Ogoni origin so I don't where u get the idea that Biafra was an Eastern Igbo affair. Do you think that the take over of Midwest would have been done easily without the support of Anioma ppl. Igbo ppl on both sides of the Niger river were faced with the same danger please. I heard stories about how Igbo men gathered at a square in Asaba to receive Nigerian troops and they were all saying "Anyi aburo Ndi Igbo" yet Nigerian gunned over 2000 of them. You think they are that dumb? Other people fled deep East into Biafra.

Don't mind that boy. He forgot that all our problems started with Nzeogwu's silly coup.

oweniwe:

I tire for this place o. I only used hutu thing as a side talk na. I didn't say any one bought genocide ah. We human being see the same thing in different ways. Its different strokes for different folks. d discussion has shifted from delta igbo denying igbo to the civil war and now the 1966 coup. I don't see the point in arguing over somethin that will get me nowhere. So i'm taking a break. angry

When you digressed to civil war and started talking trash you barely know about, where were your senses?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by SLIGHT(m): 7:07am On Jun 21, 2010
It's dèja vu! Emotions are getting high in here.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ChinenyeN(m): 2:55pm On Jun 21, 2010
This is nonsense.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by oweniwe(m): 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2010
006:

Don't mind that boy. He forgot that all our problems started with Nzeogwu's silly coup.

When you digressed to civil war and started talking trash you barely know about, where were your senses?
I only used the civil war to point out reason why some igbo deny igbo.
asha 80:

You are talking with too much emotions.How did Ojukwu bring war to the delta igbos?Where the Delta igbos in the defunct eastern region?The  former eastern regional house of assembly urged Ojukwu to declare biafra.How did the delta igbos come into this?Are you are aware the Delta igbos were in the then midwest?

As for the nzeogwu coup, it was asha80 that bought up that one. So how come you guys are accusing me of digressing? Na wa o angry
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by udezue(m): 2:10am On Jun 23, 2010
The problem is that Igbo people are very IGNORANT of fellow Igbos. I just had a heated argument with an Igbo guy from Enugwu Ukwu about a certain aspect of Aro-Igbo culture and he said its non Igbo. SUCH IGNORANCE and LACK OF RESPECT. He had a problem with me saying I am both Awka and Aro when he doesn't know that in his own Enugu-Ukwu and Awka area it might be wrong but in Arochukwu, Abiriba culture your mom's side is totally okay to claim without mentioning ur father and that is not a dislike of your dad's culture or people. Ijaw has some of that strong maternal stuff too. Basically to him it be stupid to that but to us in that area its not.

Anyways point is that Igbo is diverse Igbo bu Igbo. A lot of Igbo ppl I noticed are way too ignorant and think everything pure Igbo is their village or if they are even nice about it their own state or SE alone. Igbo ppl too sabi disrespect eachother but either way I'm still proud to be one.

I digress but that shyt pissed me the hell off.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by asha80(m): 2:17am On Jun 23, 2010
udezue:

The problem is that Igbo people are very IGNORANT of fellow Igbos. I just had a heated argument with an Igbo guy from Enugwu Ukwu about a certain aspect of Aro-Igbo culture and he said its non Igbo. SUCH IGNORANCE and LACK OF RESPECT. He had a problem with me saying I am both Awka and Aro when he doesn't know that in his own Enugu-Ukwu and Awka area it might be wrong but in Arochukwu, Abiriba culture your mom's side is totally okay to claim without mentioning your father and that is not a dislike of your dad's culture or people. Ijaw has some of that strong maternal stuff too. Basically to him it be silly to that but to us in that area its not.

Anyways point is that Igbo is diverse Igbo bu Igbo. A lot of Igbo ppl I noticed are way too ignorant and think everything pure Igbo is their village or if they are even nice about it their own state or SE alone. Igbo ppl too sabi disrespect eachother but either way I'm still proud to be one.

I digress but that shyt pissed me the hell off.

it is lack of mixing that causes that.someone that grew up in places like owerri,aba,onitsha or enugu is not likely to behave that way.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by udezue(m): 9:04pm On Jun 27, 2010
Sadly enough this one grew up in Enugu tho both parents are from the same anambra state. I guess everything he sees is Enugu-Anambra perspective.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (111)

Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / Learn How To Speak Hausa Here / The Yoruba Oriki For Twin & Its Translation - Dedicated To Twins Worldwide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.