Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,846 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. (244214 Views)

Why Dont Yorubas Claim Istekiri, The Way Igbos Claim Ikwerre, Delta Igbo? / Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? / Who Is An Igbo/what Makes Someone An Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (111) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ChinenyeN(m): 9:50pm On Oct 01, 2010
chyz:

Exactly why are you even discussing delta issues.should you be worrying about aba?
This isn't a "delta issue". This topic has little to nothing to do with regions. It's a general social topic of identity. It can occur anywhere.
So, I should not discuss because I am not from "delta"? haha.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by chyz(m): 9:53pm On Oct 01, 2010
ChinenyeN:

This isn't a "delta issue". This topic has little to nothing to do with regions. It's a general social topic of identity. It can occur anywhere.

Peace. cool
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ChinenyeN(m): 9:55pm On Oct 01, 2010
chyz:

Peace. cool
This isn't surprising. . . I more or less expected this from you, because you always do this; never addressing my comments and questions, as if you don't know what to say. . . Oh well. I just hope you people(*) can get serious about dealing with this situation, because your current rout for handling it has time and time again proven deficient. Makes you look like you're not serious.

(*) . . If you feel it doesn't concern you, then don't worry about it.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 10:05pm On Oct 01, 2010
agbotaen:

LETS LOOK AT  ITSEKIRI TRIBE IN DELTA STATE,- THEY ARE A PEOPLE THAT CLAIM,TO BE FOUNDED BY BINI AND YORUBA MIGRANTS AND IT  IS EVIDENT IN THEIR CULTURE WHICH  IS SOMETIMES A MIX OF YORUBA AND BINI CULTURES .,BUT TODAY THEY HAVE DEVELOPED CHARACTERISTICS THAT  MAKES THEM DIFFERENT FROM YORUBA AND BINI , THEY ARE ITSEKIRIS , EVEN  THOUGH  THEIR LANGUAGE IS HEAVILY INFLUENCED BY  OLD YORUBA WITH MANY BINI WORDS .HISTORY OF ITSEKIRIS TELL  US THAT IGINUWA THE SON OF OBA OLUA OF BENIN , MIGRATED TO  ODE-ITSEKIRI AFTER COMMITTING SOME OFFENCES IN BENIN , SO  HE WAS SENT AWAY , AND HE CAME WITH  MANY SLAVES, SERVANT AND WIVES AND WARRIORS,SO  HE MET SOME IJEBU PEOPLE AT THE WATER SIDE WHO MIGRATED THERE YEARS AGO, AND TOGETHER THEY INTER  MIXED AND THE ITSEKIRI TRIBE WAS FOUNDED AND IGINUWA A PRINCE FROM BENIN BECAME FIRST OLU OF ITSEKIRIS .SO WHAT IS DIFFERENT  IN IKA CLAIMS , TO BEING A MIXED GROUP  OF PEOPLE FIRST BINIS, THEN IGBOS AND OTHERS .
       EVEN UHROBO AND ISOKOS , SAY SOME  OF THEIR TOWNS WERE FOUNDED BY IGBOS,OTHERS BY BINI AND OTHER PEOPLE .AND  IJAWS. SO WHY ARE IKAS DIFFERENT ? .
    I AM FROM DELTA AND THERE  IS HARDLY ANY  COMMUNITY IN DELTA THAT I CANNOT GIVE YOU THEIR BRIEF HISTORY .

Your posts can be read without bold letter, you don't need to kill the caps lock, it's hard to read your posts.

Itsekiri is not comparable to Ika because Itsekiri ancestors moved together out of the Edo and Yoruba forming another kingdom and a separate (for the most part) domain. Igbo, predictably, have maintained close contact with each other and the migration of the Ika people Westward wasn't forced, they were pioneers. Ika is not a kingdom. Ika was highly influenced by Edo migrants from the West, and with the rise of power many of the cities in their land were Benin controlled and they picked up their style of governance for the most part, still, most Ika Alusi are Igbo, and they even have Ikenga and all the rest. Many Ika elders are fully versed in Omenani.

agbotaen:

ON NAMES NO  ONE IS TWISTING ANY  ONES NAME , IKAS HAVE BOTH BINI AND IGBO  NAMES AND THE  BINI NAMES IS OLDER IN IKA LAND THAN THE IGBO ONES, THE BINI IS USUALLY OUR  FAMILY NAMES  LIKE NDUKA OBAIGBENA .
    NDUKA IRABOR .
    IRABOR AND OBAIGBENA ARE THE FAMILY NAMES.

Stop lying, most family names in Ika are Igbo, Mgbeke, Mgborie are still found all around Agbor and Ika, you are just guessing that the Edo ones are older just to support your claims.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 11:47pm On Oct 01, 2010
agbotaen:

LETS LOOK AT ITSEKIRI TRIBE IN DELTA STATE,- THEY ARE A PEOPLE THAT CLAIM,TO BE FOUNDED BY BINI AND YORUBA MIGRANTS AND IT IS EVIDENT IN THEIR CULTURE WHICH IS SOMETIMES A MIX OF YORUBA AND BINI CULTURES .,BUT TODAY THEY HAVE DEVELOPED CHARACTERISTICS THAT MAKES THEM DIFFERENT FROM YORUBA AND BINI , THEY ARE ITSEKIRIS , EVEN THOUGH THEIR LANGUAGE IS HEAVILY INFLUENCED BY OLD YORUBA WITH MANY BINI WORDS .HISTORY OF ITSEKIRIS TELL US THAT IGINUWA THE SON OF OBA OLUA OF BENIN , MIGRATED TO ODE-ITSEKIRI AFTER COMMITTING SOME OFFENCES IN BENIN , SO HE WAS SENT AWAY , AND HE CAME WITH MANY SLAVES, SERVANT AND WIVES AND WARRIORS,SO HE MET SOME IJEBU PEOPLE AT THE WATER SIDE WHO MIGRATED THERE YEARS AGO, AND TOGETHER THEY INTER MIXED AND THE ITSEKIRI TRIBE WAS FOUNDED AND IGINUWA A PRINCE FROM BENIN BECAME FIRST OLU OF ITSEKIRIS .SO WHAT IS DIFFERENT IN IKA CLAIMS , TO BEING A MIXED GROUP OF PEOPLE FIRST BINIS, THEN IGBOS AND OTHERS .
EVEN UHROBO AND ISOKOS , SAY SOME OF THEIR TOWNS WERE FOUNDED BY IGBOS,OTHERS BY BINI AND OTHER PEOPLE .AND IJAWS. SO WHY ARE IKAS DIFFERENT ? .
I AM FROM DELTA AND THERE IS HARDLY ANY COMMUNITY IN DELTA THAT I CANNOT GIVE YOU THEIR BRIEF HISTORY .
Mind you, it is against forum rules to type in capital letters.
The same linguists who established Itshekiri as an ethnic group could not do it on Ika because Ika is but Igbo. This your fight is like flogging a dead horse. You should occupy your mind with issues bothering the entire Delta Igbo. It is a mischief on the Ika internet warriors to be making futile efforts at establishing Ika as an ethnic group. For example when the non Igbo groups in Delta state were fighting for the relocation of Delta state capital from Asaba, the Ika internet warriors did not care about it. I am one of the Igbo sons who countered their motions and campaigns in the media. While that campaign was going on, Kunirum Ossai and other anti Igbo from Ikaland were busy fighting any one who calls them Igbo. What a shame.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 9:04pm On Oct 02, 2010
when a people are dejected they always try to claim every one they see that has some similarities with them an their own ,no proper ika man will identify as igbo, lets get that clare , you are not an ika man so you wont know what it means to be ika .most ika people have bini names as their ancestral names , even if they bear okafor today , ask them their grand fathers or great grand fathers names it will end up in bini names for those who say ika is not a kingdom , i laugh at their ignorant , can an igbo man know what a kingdom is ? igbos lived in communties and not kingdoms, a kingdom is a community with a king.i dont mean a 21 first century king or igweship or ezeship that was invented by the british. agbor is one of the oldest established kingdom with unbroken kingship in nigeria for over a thousand years , owa is also old , so is abavo, umunede and other ikas , and if you wish to know ika obiship or deinship was gotten from benin , and we did not buy it its was as a result of all our kings being royalties and princes from benin.the first obi of agbor was a benin prince and all deins of agbor and other ika kings are princes .the present dein of agbor kiagborekuzi is a direct family line with the present oba of benin. for more information read jacob egharevbas book a short history of benin written in 1930.by binis most famous hisotrian . and for your information it is still a taboo for any agbor royal family to marry into the present benin royal family . having said this we are ika people , we are neither benin or igbo , and the last thing any proper ika man want to be is to be igbo .we forbid it , may oselobue not allow that and may our ancestral ehi- guardian spirit refuse it .
i have already said ikas usually have igbo and edo names , i have given you excamples , but out of ignorant most of you will still say otherwise nduka irabor the famous journalist is from owa , his forst name is nduka and his surname is irabor (edo) his father is george irabor, nduka obaigbena the owner of this day is from owa , his first name is igbo , while his fathers name is obaigbena (edo) that is an ika man for you , so your wish is for him to accept the igbo and reject the bini in him? that is very funny .
still on names let me list the names of some obis of agbor and owa , some are igbo names while most are bini names , and the old names are bini names .

AGBOR -
1. dein, 2, odin ovba,3, akina, 4, oguade, aigbobu,isalebo, igbenijie, igbenehi,gbenoba,obika,ikenchuku,and kiagborekuzi, this is not chronological i just picked from memory .

OWA KINGS, NOT CHRONOLOGICAL TOO.
1, odogun, 2, owodo, 3, ewuare, 4, orhogbuwa,5, okundaiye, oseh, iseh, igbeoba, obaigbena, efeizomor the first, and the present obi is efeizomor the second . so please what are we hiding ?

IKA DEITIES .
1. olokun, idigun, ovia, ake, ohunweeden, ajan, araba, idinwina , ikenga, ali, ehi, ohointe, out of this deities it is only ikenga and ali that is from igbo land , while all the others are from benin.
IKA FESSTIVALS .
1 the most popular ika festival that unite many ika communities is the igue and ewere festival , which is same with binis, then we have igbose, ogbanigbe, ikaba ,osiezi , ajamukara, ineh, this are all bini related festivals also performed by the oba of benin.but ika alos performs new yam festival too which is same with igbos , but with slight variations ,

the vast majorities of ikas will never associate with igbos in terms of tribal issues, if you go to ika land , you will find the majority distinguishing between an ika person and igbo person, they will say this is an igbo man .ikas know who they are , we dont need others who cannot stay on their own and who is looking for numbers to become relevant in the scheme of things in nigeria. do you see the great distance that ika people have given to any thing igbo ? it is because we wish to be left alone.as our own people. we are a royal people and we have our ways of doing things , we would not like to be come contaminated by those who do not share ika blood.
as for ika spiritual lessons let me educate you a little .
1. ancient ika people believe that God is called oselobue or osenobue .
2. they believed that mans guardian spirit is called ehi .
3. they believed in heavenly or spirit world called orimi
4. they believed that there is a devil or satan called ojuwu
5. we believed that olokun is the son of oselobue ,and second in command to oselobue.
6. we believed our kings(obi) are semidivine children of oselobue , so they had the power of live and death.
7. we believed that spirits such as idinwina, ihoghai, igheleken existed in the world .
8. every ancient ika man believed in ogun or idigun( god of iron)
9/ we had guilds of obu( called idibia now by some ikas ), ohue ( hunters guild), okaiwina( societies for women ) with osigu -those that give the ancient ika tribal marks , and circumcise children .
10. most ika communities practiced ima-ihian ( calling and questioning of the dead to find out the cause of death ) this is still done till today in owa kingdom.
11. ikas usually bury bad witches and evil people into the evil forest called ikpepe .
12. ikas also believed that an old person should be buried with the dance called ubi ( funeral songs)
13. the dancing of uje traditional dance is a must for kings and chiefs in ika .this guarantees harmony with our ancestors .
14. ikas name their children of 7 day for male and 5th day for females and their naming ceremony is called mpoudu or idayi ( meaning to give live )
15. ikas lived in a srtatified society of ebon(umu) ,idumu,and ogbe .
16. ikas know themselves as a people who worship ogun, olokun, and had the tribal marks called igu and peformed igue festival, if you do not do all these then you are not ika and cannever be ika.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 10:24pm On Oct 02, 2010
@Agbotaen: Point of correction. Ika is not a kingdom. In Ika, you have different kingdoms, e.g Agbor, Owa etc.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 10:50pm On Oct 02, 2010
agbotaen:

when a  people are dejected they always try to  claim every  one they see that  has some similarities with them an their own ,no  proper ika man will identify as igbo, lets get that clare , you are not an  ika man so you wont know what it means to be ika .most ika people have bini names as their ancestral names , even  if they bear okafor today , ask them their grand fathers or great grand fathers names it will end up  in bini names  for those who say ika is not a kingdom , i laugh at their ignorant , can  an  igbo man  know what a kingdom is ? igbos lived in communties and not  kingdoms, a kingdom is a community with a king.i  dont mean a 21 first century king or igweship or ezeship that was invented by the british. agbor is one  of the oldest established kingdom with unbroken kingship in nigeria for over a thousand years , owa is also old , so  is abavo, umunede and other ikas , and if you wish to know  ika obiship or deinship was gotten from benin , and we did not buy it its was as a result of all our  kings being royalties and princes from benin.the first obi  of agbor was a benin prince and all deins of agbor and other ika kings are princes .the present dein of agbor kiagborekuzi  is a direct family line with the present oba of benin. for more information read jacob egharevbas book a short history of benin written in 1930.by binis most famous hisotrian . and for your information it  is still a taboo for  any agbor royal family to marry into the present benin royal family . having said this we are ika people , we are neither benin or  igbo , and the  last thing any proper ika man want to be  is to be  igbo .we forbid it , may  oselobue not allow that and may  our ancestral  ehi- guardian  spirit refuse it .
         i  have already said ikas usually have igbo and edo names , i have given  you excamples , but  out  of ignorant most of you will still say otherwise nduka irabor the famous journalist is from owa , his forst name is nduka and his surname is irabor (edo)  his father is george irabor, nduka obaigbena the  owner of this day is from owa , his first name is igbo , while his fathers name is obaigbena (edo)   that is an ika man for you , so your wish is for him to accept the igbo and reject the bini in him? that  is very funny .
    still on names let me list the names of some obis of agbor and owa , some are igbo names while most are bini names , and the old names are bini names .

AGBOR  -
1. dein, 2, odin ovba,3, akina, 4, oguade, aigbobu,isalebo, igbenijie, igbenehi,gbenoba,obika,ikenchuku,and kiagborekuzi, this is not chronological i just picked from memory .

OWA KINGS, NOT CHRONOLOGICAL TOO.
1, odogun, 2, owodo, 3, ewuare, 4, orhogbuwa,5, okundaiye, oseh, iseh, igbeoba, obaigbena, efeizomor the first, and the present obi is efeizomor the second . so please what are we hiding ?

IKA  DEITIES .
1.   olokun, idigun, ovia, ake, ohunweeden, ajan, araba, idinwina , ikenga, ali, ehi, ohointe, out  of this deities it  is only ikenga and ali that is from igbo land , while all the others are from benin.
     IKA FESSTIVALS .
1  the most popular ika festival that unite many  ika communities is the igue and ewere festival  , which is same with binis, then we have  igbose, ogbanigbe, ikaba ,osiezi , ajamukara, ineh, this are all bini related festivals also performed by the oba  of benin.but  ika alos performs new yam festival  too which is  same with igbos , but with slight variations ,

the vast majorities of ikas will never associate with igbos in terms of tribal issues, if you go to ika land , you will find the majority distinguishing between  an  ika person and igbo person, they will say this is an  igbo  man .ikas know who  they are , we dont need others who cannot stay on their own and who  is looking for numbers to  become relevant  in the scheme of things in nigeria. do you see the great distance that ika people have given  to any thing igbo ? it  is because we wish to be left alone.as our  own  people. we are a royal people and we have our ways of doing things , we would not like to  be  come contaminated by those who do not share ika blood.
    as for  ika spiritual lessons let me educate you a little .
1. ancient  ika people believe that God is called oselobue or osenobue .
2. they believed that  mans guardian spirit  is called ehi .
3. they believed in heavenly or spirit world called orimi
4. they believed that  there is a devil or satan called ojuwu
5. we believed that  olokun is the son of oselobue ,and second in command to oselobue.
6. we believed our kings(obi) are semidivine children  of oselobue , so they  had the power of live and death.
7. we believed that spirits such as idinwina, ihoghai, igheleken  existed in the world .
8. every ancient ika man believed  in ogun or idigun( god of iron)
9/  we had guilds of obu( called idibia now by  some  ikas ), ohue ( hunters guild), okaiwina( societies for women ) with osigu -those that give the ancient  ika tribal  marks , and circumcise children .
10.  most  ika communities practiced ima-ihian ( calling  and questioning of the dead to find  out the cause  of death ) this  is still done till today  in  owa  kingdom.
11. ikas usually bury bad witches and evil people into the evil forest called ikpepe .
12. ikas also believed that an old person should be buried with the dance called ubi ( funeral songs)
13. the dancing of uje traditional  dance is a  must for kings and chiefs in ika .this guarantees harmony with  our ancestors .
14.  ikas name their children of 7 day for male and 5th day for females and their naming ceremony is called mpoudu or idayi ( meaning to give  live )
15.  ikas lived in a srtatified society of ebon(umu) ,idumu,and ogbe .
16.  ikas  know themselves as a people who  worship  ogun, olokun, and had the tribal  marks called igu and peformed igue festival, if you do  not do all these then you are not ika and cannever be  ika.

Who appointed you mouthpiece of the "Ika Kingdom"? Who told you non of the people here are Ika?

Can you name the king of Ika, if it is a kingdom?

Have you heard of the Obi of Agbor? His surname is Ikechuku.

All the deities you posted are not as strong as Ikenga. You're not the only one with access to Ika history. Below is a craving from Ika land from the early 20th century, tell me where in Benin that they moulded their deities and ancestors in that style. Where in Benin do they have Ofo staffs? Where in Benin do they wear red caps?

[center][img]http://mccoy.lib.siu.edu/jmccall/jones/igbo/ika7.JPG[/img][/center]

This is the Obi of Owa, where in Benin do they dress like this?

[center][/center]
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 11:15pm On Oct 02, 2010
The Nri civilization have been the most important agencies in the evolution Igbo society until about the 15th century when other influences e.g Benin empire originating from outside started affecting the trend of Igbo affairs.The Benin monarchy about the 15th century was transformed  from a small kingdom into an aggresively expansive  empire. This change is said to have taken place in the reign  of Ewuare the Great. Under his command the Benin armies extended their conguests beyond Edo regions, subjugating towns and villages of Ekiti, Ikare, IkaIgbo and some western Igbo. From this time, the Bini power became a factor of great consequence in the life of the Western Igbo. Though Binin subjugation and influence was great in the area, it never amounted to permanent subjugation and regular administration.
As a result, everywhere in the Ika Igbo region micro-cosmic versions of Benin kingdom, court ceremonials and institutions, title systems and political terminology were adopted or imposed. This later Benin impact came to overlay the earlier Nri culture among the IkaIgbo.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 1:00am On Oct 03, 2010
Andre Uweh:

The Nri civilization have been the most important agencies in the evolution Igbo society until about the 15th century when other influences e.g Benin empire originating from outside started affecting the trend of Igbo affairs.The Benin monarchy about the 15th century was transformed  from a small kingdom into an aggresively expansive  empire. This change is said to have taken place in the reign  of Ewuare the Great. Under his command the Benin armies extended their conguests beyond Edo regions, subjugating towns and villages of Ekiti, Ikare, IkaIgbo and some western Igbo. From this time, the Bini power became a factor of great consequence in the life of the Western Igbo. Though Binin subjugation and influence was great in the area, it never amounted to permanent subjugation and regular administration.
As a result, everywhere in the Ika Igbo region micro-cosmic versions of Benin kingdom, court ceremonials and institutions, title systems and political terminology were adopted or imposed. This later Benin impact came to overlay the earlier Nri culture among the IkaIgbo.

You got it. The base of Ika culture is Igbo, and that is why they are always considered as Igbo. Their customary law is almost indistinguishable from that of the Nri-Awka. A few Benin place names isn't good enough to claim whole Benin descent, because they don't accept them anyway.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 8:26am On Oct 03, 2010
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 2:16pm On Oct 03, 2010
Abagworo:

http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/index.php?topic=22509.msg332358#msg332358

You can clearly see that Agbontaen's opinion does not reflect the opinion of most Ikas who are proud Igbo.
Thanks Abagworo.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 1:08pm On Oct 05, 2010
i challenge you to tell me the customary laws of any ika community that you know ? what forms a customary law ? is it not the culture and tradition of a people ,most ika communities kingship follows benin system ,so the laws follow mostly benin system , that is not to say the people are binis, let me give you an example of owa customary laws .
1. the obiship in owa kingdom , is from father to son, that is by priomgeneiture. this is a bini system.
2. the ugu ,which is the sharing of properties after a man dies , also follows thesame system,as the first male child will inherit all the fathers property .this is called the okaigbe system.
3. in chiefthancy issues too, in hereditory chiefthancy it goes from father to son too.
4. our burial culture is first to question the dead on what the causes of death is ? and if he or she was a witch.if confirmed a witch , the person is buried in the evil forest called ikpekpe .this process of calling the dead is called ima-ihian .
5, our naming ceremony is 7 days for male and five days for female ,this is called idayi or mpoudu .
6. our laws of marriage ,dressing of the lady to be married in owa is very similar to the way the binis,dress their women with beads ,the ika weeding is so cheap ,that they man marrying does not need to rob a bank to marry , unlike some tribes , who almost practically sell their women.our marriage system in owa follows -1. nwuyen, 2. idegbe and 3 ,inyemen systems.
7. each family is headed by a male head who is usually the oldest male ,and each idumu is headed by the oldest men ,called okparan /okibali ,and all the edionmas or elders of owa kingdom are headed by the oldest man in the kingdom called IHAMA- .
8. our villages in owa are segmented into royal and non- royal villages ,and it is only the royal villages that can produce an IHAMA,because the ihama must be of royal blood.
9. in owa there are six royal villages,which are all in owa-oyibu , the headquarters of owa kingdom,- idumuezomor,ogbe-onicha, idah,idumuzugbo,ogbeohun and ikoko -ogbe.people from these villages are children and grand children of the former and present obis of owa kingdom.
10. in ancient times any woman due for marriage is given some tatoos on the body called igu ,by the okainwinas who possess the control of the idinwina cult.this is usually a female dominated cult in the whole of ika land.
11. in ancient times before marriage a lady will be initiated into idinwina society in owa land.
12, while the male will be initiated into idigun -ogun cult, and olokun cult ,and some will do ohointe . while others will go to the obuh( native doctors cult)
13, in burying the dead , if they are old , we perfom elaborate ceremonies that usually lasts up to 9 days, continous feasting.
14, our ancient culture of burying our kings is very elaborate , requiring many animal and human sacrifices in the past of albinos,servants, some chiefs , the first wife and other elaborate issues.
15, the crown prince who will take over from the reigning obi is called EDAIKEN , he will not live in the same kingdom with his father ,following the ancient bini traditions ,in the past the edaiken of owa will not see his father , until the father dies , because according to tradition , there was an oba called orhogbuwa who became so old that his son wanted him dead and after some time the oba died and made a curse that no king from his descendants will ever see his edaiken ,and that was the practice of the obis of owa and other ika kingdoms .
16. the most important and famous festivals of owa people and ika people is called the igue and ewere festival .this marks the end of the year for edo and edo-related people,
i will stop here , and i want those masquerading as ikas , who probably do not know the culture of our people to please tell me what our culture is ?
i am from the idumuezomor village in owa-oyibu , one of the royal villages in owa kingdom , having hailed from the lineage of obi igbegidi no gidigan( the great) ,and the agbontaen and omigie lineage , who for many years have produced several IHAMAS OF owa kingdom and also for close to 700 years have produced priests and priestess of olokun for owa-oyibu .my grand mother wudu mgbejume omigie is recorded in oyibu histories as the third person in a period of 500 years to have attained the revered position of ogbeihagha,ubiugbon and possesor of the knife of authority in idinwina .and chief priestess of olokun for owa-oyibu ,during her life time, having been handed that position by ebonne igbeoba - child of obi igbeoba who in 1906, confronted the british in the famous owa- british war.so apart from reading , we have family and village and town histories well recorded.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by chyz(m): 1:50pm On Oct 05, 2010
agbotaen:

i challenge you to tell me the customary laws of any ika community that you know ? what forms a customary law ? is it not the culture and tradition of a people ,most ika communities kingship follows benin system ,so the laws follow mostly benin system , that is not to say the people are binis, let me give you an example of owa customary laws .
1. the obiship in owa kingdom , is from father to son, that is by priomgeneiture. this is a bini system.
2. the ugu ,which is the sharing of properties after a man dies , also follows thesame system,as the first male child will inherit all the fathers property .this is called the okaigbe system.
3. in chiefthancy issues too, in hereditory chiefthancy it goes from father to son too.
4. our burial culture is first to question the dead on what the causes of death is ? and if he or she was a witch.if confirmed a witch , the person is buried in the evil forest called ikpekpe .this process of calling the dead is called ima-ihian .
5, our naming ceremony is 7 days for male and five days for female ,this is called idayi or mpoudu .
6. our laws of marriage ,dressing of the lady to be married in owa is very similar to the way the binis,dress their women with beads ,the ika weeding is so cheap ,that they man marrying does not need to rob a bank to marry , unlike some tribes , who almost practically sell their women.our marriage system in owa follows -1. nwuyen, 2. idegbe and 3 ,inyemen systems.
7. each family is headed by a male head who is usually the oldest male ,and each idumu is headed by the oldest men ,called okparan /okibali ,and all the edionmas or elders of owa kingdom are headed by the oldest man in the kingdom called IHAMA- .
8. our villages in owa are segmented into royal and non- royal villages ,and it is only the royal villages that can produce an IHAMA,because the ihama must be of royal blood.
9. in owa there are six royal villages,which are all in owa-oyibu , the headquarters of owa kingdom,- idumuezomor,ogbe-onicha, idah,idumuzugbo,ogbeohun and ikoko -ogbe.people from these villages are children and grand children of the former and present obis of owa kingdom.
10. in ancient times any woman due for marriage is given some tatoos on the body called igu ,by the okainwinas who possess the control of the idinwina cult.this is usually a female dominated cult in the whole of ika land.
11. in ancient times before marriage a lady will be initiated into idinwina society in owa land.
12, while the male will be initiated into idigun -ogun cult, and olokun cult ,and some will do ohointe . while others will go to the obuh( native doctors cult)
13, in burying the dead , if they are old , we perfom elaborate ceremonies that usually lasts up to 9 days, continous feasting.
14, our ancient culture of burying our kings is very elaborate , requiring many animal and human sacrifices in the past of albinos,servants, some chiefs , the first wife and other elaborate issues.
15, the crown prince who will take over from the reigning obi is called EDAIKEN , he will not live in the same kingdom with his father ,following the ancient bini traditions ,in the past the edaiken of owa will not see his father , until the father dies , because according to tradition , there was an oba called orhogbuwa who became so old that his son wanted him dead and after some time the oba died and made a curse that no king from his descendants will ever see his edaiken ,and that was the practice of the obis of owa and other ika kingdoms .
16. the most important and famous festivals of owa people and ika people is called the igue and ewere festival .this marks the end of the year for edo and edo-related people,
i will stop here , and i want those masquerading as ikas , who probably do not know the culture of our people to please tell me what our culture is ?
i am from the idumuezomor village in owa-oyibu , one of the royal villages in owa kingdom , having hailed from the lineage of obi igbegidi no gidigan( the great) ,and the agbontaen and omigie lineage , who for many years have produced several IHAMAS OF owa kingdom and also for close to 700 years have produced priests and priestess of olokun for owa-oyibu .my grand mother wudu mgbejume omigie is recorded in oyibu histories as the third person in a period of 500 years to have attained the revered position of ogbeihagha,ubiugbon and possesor of the knife of authority in idinwina .and chief priestess of olokun for owa-oyibu ,during her life time, having been handed that position by ebonne igbeoba - child of obi igbeoba who in 1906, confronted the british in the famous owa- british war.so apart from reading , we have family and village and town histories well recorded.

It's funny how you try to intertwine everything with the binis. However, nothing to intertwine with Igbos. I challenge you to list the customs and cultural ceremonies that is shared with the Igbos.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 2:08pm On Oct 05, 2010
i have never claimed that all ikas migrated from benin, and for those who  want to tell us that all ikas came from igboland must also be joking. ika people have never claimed to be a homogenous people , in fact we know from our oral and documented history that we are heterogenous group , some times with different villages having its distinct history . ikas are made up of people from bini,ishan,igbo,ora,ndokwa ,aniocha and even migrations from yoruba land as recorded in umunede history in the 16th century.
  owa kingdom last year celebrated the 50th year coronation of our king ,obi aigbogidi, emmanuel dumbiri efeizomor the second,and the owa stake holders forum commissioned chiefs and five owa professors to research into owa history and get a clear history of the different segment that make up owa .and the  old facts we have know came up again, you can check out the book  called ndiowa and her monarchs .written last year.
   it was said that ,-
1. the earliest owa people lived in ofien in present  day  owa- ofien ,and that they came from ikoha in ovia local govt. in benin.there leader as at the time odogun came from ute-okpu was called adagba.that is why we have adagba primary school established in owa-ofien in 1954 .to immortalise adagba.this movement happened in the 7th century .
2. owa- ekei  followed from benin  around 8th century and their leader was called ugbasogun.
3. owa-oyibu the headquarters of owa kingdom was inhabited by binis, ishans,around 10th century and later by 12th or early 13th century odogun led ozomor and others from ute , enroute from bini wars to owa oyibu .at this time the traditional headquarters of owa was ofien the  leader was called odion.after this odogun fought wars to united owa into a single kingdom and he became first obi or king  of owa.
4. owa-alero  is made up of people who  migrated from ute, agbor, ndokwa and uronigbe -ishan areas as the alegwe people .
5. owa-alizomor- first the inhabitants came from benin area of obazagbon nugu  in a place called iru ,then ozomor came with others from ute and settled there ,that  was why in 1906, when owa fought a war with british many owa people from owa-alizomor migrated back there in that area of edo state,and prior to that time , when odogun and ozomor being odoguns brother imposed their rulership on the people , some  of them ran  back to obazagbon.
6. owanta  was founded by osimi, from edo, aniocha, otolokpo and other peoples who migrated there.
7. owa- alidinma  was founded on the orders of obi  ugbebo of owa,when ukwuali people were migrating into owa and taking our land so  izoghor went there and it  also comprises of people who  trace their ancestory to ndokwa and ishan areas .
8. boji-boji - owa  was initiaally owanta land and it is still part of their land , but  it has become a modern town that is autonomous today , it is the capital of owa and ika people and it  is co-owned by the owa and agbor people .
      ON ODOGUN- various traditions  surrounds him.
  1.  some school of thought say that he came from nri ,because his father the first obi  of ute okpu was from nri .
   but he went to war for the  oba of benin and on getting to ute-his father died and his junior brother  okpu was made king , against the tradition of the first child being the king, so  he left in anger and got to owa and founded owa kingdom.
2. another school  of thought says that ijue was a prominent chief of benin aat the time of the wicked obas and he ran away with his children named odogun,ozomor,igbegidi,ogbeje and okpu .into  a  place now called ute-okpu .later the wicked obas soldiers chased them and it  was monkey that saved them that  is why owa,  and ute do not eat or kill monkeys . one will also find that  in this story okpu became obi of ute-okpu, while odogun became the obi of owa and ogbeje became the  obi of ute-ogbeje.and all these three kingdoms in ika forbid eating of monkey.
             when the wicked oba died and their was agbagwala war in benin , the new oba ,wanting victory and knowing that his people were in ute , decided to  send for assistance and that was how ijue sent  odogun and ozomor and others to war,when odogun came back he met his brother as king , so  he left and got to owa where he founded owa kingdom.
 THE  DISPUTE.
When  odogun and ozomor and his soldiers and slaves got to owa  , they met an organised society being ruled by adagba , and ugbasoguns people , so later he captured other parts of the area of  owa and a dispute arose and odogun  called for a truce and invited adagba to his festival and he had adagba hold the ram , he wanted to  sacrifice and odogun killed the ram.so this was reported to  the oba and the oba said odogun was the king because he killed the ram, while adagba held the ram,so  odogun was superrior,and to settle the dispute ofien or  adagba was made the oliha of owa ( he and his descendants crown the kings of owa) while oyibu descendants of odogun are the kings of owa.
         THE  RECALL  AGAIN - during the battle of idah, at the time of oba esigie around the 16th century owa and benin history recalls  oba esigie sent for the king of owa  , obi  owodoh  to accompany benin to war against idah, and this he did and benin won the war, this story was recently replayed and recounted  in owa , when the  oba of benin visited owa kingdom.
      having said all this , it seems in ute -there were people who migrated from nri kingdom in igboland  and people who also came from benin , as ute-history talks about a dual migration,and it will not be un-common that these two populations have intermingled and formed a singlar cultural unit absoving the  igbo and benin culture.as evident  in some mode of the culture of the utes combining the okparanship of igboland with the monachical style of benin kingship and chiefthancy . this style too was adopted by  owa kingdom.

having said all this the ika people have gone ahead to  synthesis different cultures to  arrive at a unique culture. else where too in ogwashi area it  happened as ikelike people of bini extraction merged with nri-igbo from anambra area. the uhrobo groups that  had a predominant benin migrants amd igbo and ijaw and ndokwa migrants such as orogun people. the isokos too had migrants from benin, ijaw and igbo areas too. there was even a time isokos were counted as uhrobos ,but  later they established their seperateness as a tribe and there was a time ishan was counted as benin , but later they emphasied their difference as a trbe. we ikas have gone a head to eatablish our seperateness and those wishing that we will be come igbo should wake up to  know that ikas have  come  of age as ika is a seperate ethnic entity.but for some ikas who believe they are igbos , they are also free to hold on to their view.but 99% of ikas have spoken via their kings,chiefs, noble men,and common men that we are ikas
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 2:16pm On Oct 05, 2010
what ikas share with igbo in terms of ceremony .and culture.
1. we share okparanship with igbos.
2. we share ofo as staff of authority for elders.
3. we perform new yam festival.
4. we perform ikenga ceremony
5. some of our chiefthancy titles follow igbo lines such as ezenwenali,ogifurueze e.t.c.
6. we also share igbo names such as nduka, okorie, ikenchuku et.c.
i have never said we do not share any thing wth igbo ,even tracing our history to benin ,does not make us binis ,nor is it for any great purpose,but just to trace our history, some of our villages too trace their history to igbo cultural areas too.but the reality on ground is that ika has emerged as a seperate entity ,and we would like to be respected as such. we do not want to be an appendage of binis or igbo people , we just want to be ikas
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by excanny: 7:19am On Oct 06, 2010
agbotaen:

what ikas share with igbo in terms of ceremony .and culture.
1. we share okparanship with igbos.
2. we share ofo as staff of authority for elders.
3. we perform new yam festival.
4. we perform ikenga ceremony
5. some of our chiefthancy titles follow igbo lines such as ezenwenali,ogifurueze e.t.c.
6. we also share igbo names such as nduka, okorie, ikenchuku et.c.
i have never said we do not share any thing wth igbo ,even tracing our history to benin ,know not make us binis ,nor is it for any great purpose,but just to trace our history, some of our villages too trace their history to igbo cultural areas too.but the reality on ground is that ika has emerged as a seperate entity ,and we would like to be respected as such. we do not want to be an appendage of binis or igbo people , we just want to be ikas

This is the only place where the supposedly 'Ika identity' becomes meaningless.

You are made up of descendants of Igbo and bini immigrants, then you say you are neither Igbo nor bini. It's like eating a dish of omelette, and denying you ate eggs.

I think you guys got it wrong here in your fabrication attempt. Can you tell us what language Ikas were originally speaking?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 12:54pm On Oct 08, 2010
it might be your problem as an igbo man , but it is not our problem as ika people , we know who we are and we are happy about that ,when you mix a black woman and a white man ,what do you have ? you have an halfcast or mulatoo as you wish to call them .we are ikas and we have no apology to give to any one .
it is always the igbo people who are always crying that this person is supossed to be igbo , but he says he is not , what business of theirs is it ? is it by force , if a person does not want you , you leave them alone. people are usually proud to associate with what they like , no one forces a person to appreciate anything , it comes from the heart .
ikas have never pretended that all ikas migrated from same place ,as that will be a fallacy .but we are now ikas .majority of ikas from agbor,abavo,ota,oligie,ekpon,igbogiri,idumuesah,otolokpo,owa,owa-iru,owa-ikeke, emuhu,ute-okpu,ute-ogbeje ,umunede areas who believe they are ikas cannever be shaken in their believe .but we also find quite a few ika communities who share border with aniocha areas ,saying they are igbos , such places like ekwuoma, and some in igbodo ,and some parts of akumazi .this is also welcomed as their major ancestors must have migrated from igbo land.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 1:18pm On Oct 08, 2010
agbotaen:

it might be your problem  as an igbo man , but  it  is not  our problem  as ika people , we know who we are and we are happy about that ,when you mix a black  woman and a white  man ,what do  you have ? you have  an halfcast  or mulatoo as you wish to call them .we are ikas and we have no  apology to give to any  one .
                   it is always the igbo people who  are always crying that  this person is supossed to  be igbo  , but he says he  is not , what business of theirs is  it ? is  it by force , if a person does not  want you , you leave them alone. people are usually proud to associate with what they like , no one forces a person to appreciate anything , it  comes from the heart .
       ikas have never pretended that all  ikas migrated from same place ,as that will be a fallacy .but we are now  ikas .majority of ikas from agbor,abavo,ota,oligie,ekpon,igbogiri,idumuesah,otolokpo,owa,owa-iru,owa-ikeke, emuhu,ute-okpu,ute-ogbeje ,umunede areas who believe they are  ikas cannever be shaken in their believe .but we also find quite a few ika communities who share border with aniocha areas ,saying they are igbos , such places like ekwuoma, and some in igbodo ,and some parts of akumazi .this is also welcomed as their major ancestors must have migrated from igbo land.

[size=18pt]SHUT UP[/size] You don't speak for all Ika people. Leave other Ika people to be Igbo if you want to run off to Benin, it's not by force that others will follow you to commit the abomination of denying your ancestors, and it's not by force that other Ika people should follow you into your beloved Edo nation. Speak for yourself only, if you want to speak for Ika bring something reliable that backs your statements such as a poll, otherwise stop embarrassing yourself in front of people who know who they are.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by chyz(m): 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2010
agbotaen:

it might be your problem  as an igbo man , but  it  is not  our problem  as ika people , we know who we are and we are happy about that ,when you mix a black  woman and a white  man ,what do  you have ? you have  an halfcast  or mulatoo as you wish to call them .we are ikas and we have no  apology to give to any  one .
                  it is always the igbo people who  are always crying that  this person is supossed to  be igbo  , but he says he  is not , what business of theirs is  it ? is  it by force , if a person does not  want you , you leave them alone. people are usually proud to associate with what they like , no one forces a person to appreciate anything , it  comes from the heart .
      ikas have never pretended that all  ikas migrated from same place ,as that will be a fallacy .but we are now  ikas .majority of ikas from agbor,abavo,ota,oligie,ekpon,igbogiri,idumuesah,otolokpo,owa,owa-iru,owa-ikeke, emuhu,ute-okpu,ute-ogbeje ,umunede areas who believe they are  ikas cannever be shaken in their believe .but we also find quite a few ika communities who share border with aniocha areas ,saying they are igbos , such places like ekwuoma, and some in igbodo ,and some parts of akumazi .this is also welcomed as their major ancestors must have migrated from igbo land.

I think I now understand where you are coming from. I think the argument of Eastern igbos is that before the war, the igbo-speaking people of Delta State had the most profound  Igbo consciousness in nigeria. Being the spearhead of many things that dealt with Igbo. Even the civil war was caused by someone from the igbo-speaking part of delta state. The Heads of the Biafra Army were from Delta State(majority),this includes ika sons. Apart from poiltics, even in music in what was dubbed "Igbo Highlife" many Eastern Igbos and Igbo-speaking people of delta state saw themselves as the same "Igbo". Artist such as Rogana Ottah(an ukwuani son) were at a point in time in the same musical band and Chief Stephen O. Osadebe, an Igbo Great. After the war, to many Eastern Igbos, they feel as though the was a sudden reverse in attitudes of lots of Igbo-speaking people of delta state. But i guarantee you if an Igbo became president today and started changing things in nigeria for the good there would be no talk of things as such, when i comes to identity. So just be understanding of were those who speak against you are coming from and they should do the same too. But you are right,nothing should be by force.

Anyways in relations to the topic how do you feel about the creation of anioma state and some of you worries about it?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 3:05pm On Oct 08, 2010
agbotaen is not an official spokesperson for the Ika community, he is not a mouthpiece for the Ika, and shouldn't be addressed like he represents all Ika people. agbotaen is an individual, a random forumer that should let others identify how they want just like he can identify with what he wants. We don't even know if he's Ika at all. Stop insulting Ika people by using agbotaen to represent them all.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by udezue(m): 8:52pm On Oct 08, 2010
Agbotaen,
is a nincompoop. He doesn't speak for Ika Igbos. My co-worker is from Ika side. Ukwuani to be precise and he proudly Igbo. I learn Igbo history well well from him sef. He is in his 60s so he has quite some knowledge. Having Bini influence doesn't shyt to me after I also have Ibibio influence but I am proudly Igbo.

LOL @ Saying Ika is like Mulatto. U dey mad? What makes you think every Ika person has Bini root? Arochukwu and Abiriba might have Ibibio and Efik influence but not all Aro person can lay claim to be Ibibio ancestory. Some of us got it while some of us don't. The majority of our culture and the language we speak plus names are Igbo hence we are Igbo. Majority Igbo regardless of some of us having Ibibio ancestry and we arent ashamed of it either.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2010
i am happy i do not come from a race that is seen as a group of failures that is what you igbo people are , is it by force to be igbo ? why should i a proud ika man from a royal tradition say i am igbo , a group of people without kings or leader.we are ika people with our respected monarchical govt. and we have leaders .
it was pride that made made the igbo to fall and that same pride and arrogance is what is always displayed , what is our business if an igbo man becomes president , what will that do to ikas .
ika people have never been part of igboland or associated greatly with igbo land . did ikas support the civil war , the answer is no , but we had a few ika soldiers that fought for biafra , and many fought for nigerian army . owa kingdom housed general muritala ,during the war , he eve took the title of ojeba of owa . at that times the biafrans wanted to kill our obi . please tell the world that some yoruba soldiers also fought for biafra like banjo, ademulegun and others .and even some isokos fought for biafra too.
ika is a great race and we do not need people who are suffering from a hang over and defeat of war to tell us who we are , we are ika and we are proud of our heritage .
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by excanny: 8:45pm On Oct 11, 2010
Guy, it seems you finally lost your line of argument and had to resort to insults to cover the shame.Na wa for you!
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 10:12pm On Oct 11, 2010
agbotaen:

i am happy i do not come from a race that is seen as a group of failures that is what you igbo people are , is it by force to be igbo ? why should i a proud ika man from a royal tradition say i am igbo , a group of people without kings or leader.we are ika people with our respected monarchical govt. and we have leaders .
it was pride that made made the igbo to fall and that same pride and arrogance is what is always displayed , what is our business if an igbo man becomes president , what will that do to ikas .
ika people have never been part of igboland or associated greatly with igbo land . did ikas support the civil war , the answer is no , but we had a few ika soldiers that fought for biafra , and many fought for nigerian army . owa kingdom housed general muritala ,during the war , he eve took the title of ojeba of owa . at that times the biafrans wanted to kill our obi . please tell the world that some yoruba soldiers also fought for biafra like banjo, ademulegun and others .and even some isokos fought for biafra too.
ika is a great race and we do not need people who are suffering from a hang over and defeat of war to tell us who we are , we are ika and we are proud of our heritage .
Monkey, why not take your frustrations to individuals in this board than the entire race, you baboon. You dirty son of a LovePeddler, quit issues regarding the war as many Ika sons fought on the Biafran side.
slowpoke, go and screw yourself that a lot of Ikas identify as Igbo. Who even made this retard the spokesperson of Ikas?. Why are you claiming what you are not, pig.
Baboon A.ss fart, instead of typing crap here all the time, why not go to the zoo and be fed with peanuts?.
Boofer, just buzz the sshit before you are forced to do so, ball scratching bbitch slut.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by chyz(m): 10:31pm On Oct 11, 2010
agbotaen:

i am  happy  i do  not  come from a race that  is seen  as a group   of failures that  is what you igbo people are , is  it by force to  be  igbo ? why should  i a proud  ika man  from a royal tradition say  i am  igbo  , a group of people without kings or leader.we are ika people with our respected monarchical govt. and we have  leaders .
   it  was pride that  made made the  igbo to fall and that same  pride and arrogance is what  is  always displayed , what  is our business if an  igbo  man becomes president , what will that do to ikas .
       ika people have  never been part of  igboland  or associated greatly with  igbo land . did ikas support the  civil war , the  answer is  no , but we had a few ika soldiers that fought for  biafra , and many  fought for  nigerian army . owa kingdom housed general muritala ,during the war , he eve took  the title  of ojeba of  owa . at that times the biafrans wanted to  kill our  obi . please tell the world that some yoruba soldiers also  fought for  biafra like  banjo, ademulegun and others .and even some  isokos fought for  biafra too.
               ika is a great race and we do not need people who  are suffering from a hang over and defeat of  war to tell us who  we are , we are  ika and we are proud of our heritage .

Insults will get you no where i came with an understanding hand. Don't insult your race like that why hasn't an "Ika" man been president of nigeria? Is it because he is seen by every nigerian as "Igbo" or is it because he's "Ika"? Muritala was not housed by owa kingdom, they had no choice but to do as he said or be destroyed.Nigeria not only wanted to kill your "Obi" but also it killed hundreds of your precious ika people because they were seen as being Igbo. Don't pull yoruba into this, they don't speak Igbo like you all do.Neither our they from igbo land like you and your people. I've never seen an Ika person in my life not accept that they were Igbo. And also the whole "obi" thing. I thought you all had "Dein"s.LOL. Obis are for the other igbo-speaking delta people. By the way if you check and read up on developments in Ika you would know the it wasn't in the recently hat the title "dein" was created. I believe it was even in the 2000s if im not mistaking. Also King in "Ika" is Eze. There is know name that carries "Dein". For instance, there a Chibueze bu no Chibudein. I don't know if you've taken psychology class before but it teaches that one who write or talks like you just did is actually angry with himself, meaning you indeed think you are "igbo" and you are trying to bury it and use things such as "we are royalty", We have kings", "We housed muritala", "We are a great race" in order to satisfy yourself.

Anyways all im trying to do is have some understanding. I didn't brush you off the wrong way but you came with insults. The point is to relate and not insult. A person who cannot debate who he is with a person accused of being his same kind is in denial and maybe just maybe in fear of the realization of truth. In my previous post I called you people "Igbo-speaking" for a reason, so respect that and come correct.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ChinenyeN(m): 10:32pm On Oct 11, 2010
excanny:

Guy, it seems you finally lost your line of argument and had to resort to insults to cover the shame.Na wa for you!
Andre Uweh:

Monkey, why not take your frustrations to individuals in this board than the entire race, you baboon. You dirty son of a LovePeddler, quit issues regarding the war as many Ika sons fought on the Biafran side.
slowpoke, go and screw yourself that a lot of Ikas identify as Igbo. Who even made this retard the spokesperson of Ikas?. Why are you claiming what you are not, pig.
Baboon behind fart, instead of typing crap here all the time, why not go to the zoo and be fed with peanuts?.
Boofer, just buzz the sshit before you are forced to do so, ball scratching bbitch slut.
chyz:

Insults will get you no where i came with an understanding hand. Don't insult your race like that why hasn't an "Ika" man been president of nigeria? Is it because he is seen by every nigerian as "Igbo" or is it because he's "Ika"? Muritala was not housed by owa kingdom, they had no choice but to do as he said or be destroyed.Nigeria not only wanted to kill your "Obi" but also it killed hundreds of your precious ika people because they were seen as being Igbo. Don't pull yoruba into this, they don't speak Igbo like you all do.Neither our they from igbo land like you and your people. I've never seen an Ika person in my life not accept that they were Igbo. And also the whole "obi" thing. I thought you all had "Dein"s.LOL. Obis are for the other igbo-speaking delta people. By the way if you check and read up on developments in Ika you would know the it wasn't in the recently hat the title "dein" was created. I believe it was even in the 2000s if im not mistaking. Also King in "Ika" is Eze. There is know name that carries "Dein". For instance, there a Chibueze bu no Chibudein. I don't know if you've taken psychology class before but it teaches that one who write or talks like you just did is actually angry with himself, meaning you indeed think you are "igbo" and you are trying to bury it and use things such as "we are royalty", We have kings", "We housed muritala", "We are a great race" in order to satisfy yourself.

Anyways all im trying to do is have some understanding. I didn't brush you off the wrong way but you came with insults. The point is to relate and not insult. A person who cannot debate who he is with a person accused of being his same kind is in denial and maybe just maybe in fear of the realization of truth. In my previous post I called you people "Igbo-speaking" for a reason, so respect that and come correct.

Have you all considered that maybe he's had enough of trying to explain himself? So what if he does not want to be Igbo? He isn't obligated to even present any reasons as to why or how. So leave him to be Ika, in peace. Na by force? That has always been the core of this on-going debate. Na by force? Nonsense. Leave him.

Agbotaen, you seriously crossed the line with that last post of yours, but I can understand your frustration. We are all human. It would be hypocrisy for me to even attempt to count this one against you. So, I won't. Just take your time, next time. . . Better yet, avoid getting into any discussion/debate with anyone about your identity. In this current day and age, people seem to have an aversion to your understanding (reasonably so), but it doesn't make you wrong. At the same time, debating it doesn't make you right.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 7:34pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ika A language of Nigeria ISO 639-3 :  ikk Population   22 , 800 (2000).

Region   Delta state, Ika LGA.

A separate language in the Igbo language subgroup. The dialect around Agbor, the administrative and commercial center, appears to be developing into a standard form. Further east and south from there, varieties become more similar to Igbo (Report of the Committee on Languages of Midwestern state: 12). Classification   Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Igboid, Igbo
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 7:47pm On Oct 12, 2010
Izi-Ezaa-Ikwo-Mgbo
A language of Nigeria ISO 639-3 :

izi Population   593 , 000 (1973 SIL). 200 ,000 Izi, 180 ,000 Ezaa, 150 ,000 Ikwo, 63 ,000 Mgbo. Region   Ebonyi state, Abakaliki, Ezza, Ohaozara, and Ishielu LGAs; Benue state, Okpokwu LGA. Izi (Izzi), Ezaa (Eza), Ikwo, Mgbo (Ngbo).

Dialect subgroup within the Igbo language subgroup. Classification   Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Igboid, Igbo
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 7:53pm On Oct 12, 2010
Abagworo:

Ika A language of Nigeria ISO 639-3 : ikk Population 22 , 800 (2000).

Region Delta state, Ika LGA.

A separate language in the Igbo language subgroup. The dialect around Agbor, the administrative and commercial center, appears to be developing into a standard form. Further east and south from there, varieties become more similar to Igbo (Report of the Committee on Languages of Midwestern state: 12). Classification Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Igboid, Igbo
Yet that brain dead Ika monkey called Agbontaen will not learn.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 9:04pm On Oct 12, 2010
Isekiri [its] 510 , 000 (1991 UBS).
 Delta state, Warri, Bomadi, and Ethiope LGAs. Alternate names : Chekiri, Irhobo, Iselema- Otu, Ishekiri, Itsekiri, Iwere, Jekri, Selemo, Shekiri, Warri.  Dialects : Similar to Yoruba [ yor ].  Classification : Niger- Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Defoid, Yoruboid, Edekiri  More information.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (111)

Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / Learn How To Speak Hausa Here / The Yoruba Oriki For Twin & Its Translation - Dedicated To Twins Worldwide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 198
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.